New Honda Insight finally debuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i have read the ford fusion hybrid is posting some good mpg numbers i think ford might be the car company to watch.

That looks like a Prius. Maybe Honda could have been more original. It could help me win some bar bets, though.

cheers3.gif

'cept I don't drink. Darn!

Yep, we have a thread on the Fusion Hybrid and we've already discussed it in this thread. Same with Prius similarities.

Hey, just in case anyone is interested, when I was picking up the new van this weekend, the salesman said that they are going to start selling the new Insights next month. Honda's plan is to put them on sale on Earth Day in April. But the sales guy said that their district manager said they had plenty of the things ready to ship out so they were going to let them go out to the dealers in March. The sales guy also said the base model was going to sticker for $18,500.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: MGregoir
It looks like a hybrid.

Exactly. And why is that? Is there some rule somewhere that a hybrid must look like an a_s_s? Why can't the hybrid look like gasoline cars?

Remember, hybrids are looked at as status symbols by many who drive them. They need them to look different so everyone notices what they are driving. There are a lot of hybrid versions of normal cars but they don't sell nearly as well because they don't "look" like hybrids. Honda's own Civic hybrid is an excellent example of this.

Originally Posted By: Canawler
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: MGregoir
It looks like a hybrid.

Exactly. And why is that? Is there some rule somewhere that a hybrid must look like an a_s_s? Why can't the hybrid look like gasoline cars?

Remember, hybrids are looked at as status symbols by many who drive them. They need them to look different so everyone notices what they are driving. There are a lot of hybrid versions of normal cars but they don't sell nearly as well because they don't "look" like hybrids. Honda's own Civic hybrid is an excellent example of this.

We discussed this before. Rememebr, part of the reason for the look is pure aero. Plus, the extreme gas savings of the hybrid only cars are the main reason people love them. Remember, the first Insight was an oddball looking car. You see how well that cache' served it.

It reminds of a 1980's car albeit cheap one that just looks dorky. I bet you it gets the same EPA figures as one too.

On looks what do I know anyway, I drive a Subaru WRX.

Life is too short to drive a car like that! I rented a civic hybrid and that was one of the worst cars I have driven, EVER! It was a whinny, noisey, gutless nightmare. I couldn't wait to get out of that annoying PITA.

Hey, I am a power commuter. An hour of interstate twice a day. This thing looks like a vette to me.
LOL.gif

The front end is "sexy" because it looks like a Ford:

insight.jpg

fusion.jpg

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the 3-bar chrome grill on the Insight. Simply replace the "H" with a "Blue Oval"...

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Life is too short to drive a car like that! I rented a civic hybrid and that was one of the worst cars I have driven, EVER! It was a whinny, noisey, gutless nightmare. I couldn't wait to get out of that annoying PITA.

What kind of car are you used to?

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
The front end is "sexy" because it looks like a Ford:

insight.jpg

fusion.jpg

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the 3-bar chrome grill on the Insight. Simply replace the "H" with a "Blue Oval"...

Now THAT is ROFLCOPTER worthy!!!

I have driven the previous civic hybrid and it's interesting I had exactly the same comments about that car as he has for this one. I have stated many times it is the worst car I have ever driven and for exactly the same reasons as Clarkson said. My comments on the civic hybrid:

"but personally I would just as soon have a shotgun blast to the face as drive one of those whiny, nasty, noisy, Honda CVT trannys (o.k. flame suit on)."

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1087393

"Life is too short to drive a car like that! I rented a civic hybrid and that was one of the worst cars I have driven, EVER! It was a whinny, noisey, gutless nightmare. I couldn't wait to get out of that annoying PITA."

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1376221

"Civic had 20k and was an absolute nightmare. Whiny, loud, vibrating, no power, always rattling your brain at redline anytime you call for any type of power. one of the worst cars I have ever driven and I like Hondas and have owned many. "

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1223719

"but I mention that hybrid every chance I get because that is one of the worst and most annoying cars I have ever driven. Every car feels good after renting that piece of c.r.a.p"

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1216675

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1087682

I sat in one when I was at the dealer. It was small, even for my 5'10" frame.

I don't see why anyone would buy this over a base model Prius II. You can get a Prius II for 22,950 (MSRP), and since they aren't exactly flying off the lots, they should be selling for a discount before long. The Prius gets much better fuel economy, is far roomier, and less harsh for day-to-day driving.

I'm not a fan of this new insight or the Honda Civic. I think they are ugly since they went to this style design.

I also can't fit in it. 6'2"
smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back