Pontiac Vibe: 4500 miles (5 months) using PP 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a 5 speed '05 Vibe

PP 5W30 most recently (PP 5W-30 immediately preceeding)

4,500 miles on oil for about 5 months (March to April in Ontario Canada)
32,000 miles on the 1zzfe engine

YZZF2 oil filter
Denso air filter
40/60 city/hwy driving
4L oil capacity
No top up oil

Iron 7
Lead 1
Aluminum 2
Copper 3
Chromium 0
Nickel 0
Titanium 0
Tin 0
Silver 0
Silicon 16
Potassium 1
Sodium 2
Boron 2
Barium 1
Calcium 2424
Magnesium 15
Moly 45
Phosphorus 697
Zinc 832
Manganese 0

Fuel Water 0.0
Antifreeze 0.0
Insolubles 0.3

SUS Viscosity deg F 57.6
FLASHPOINT deg F 370

Quote:

Quote:

Silicon 16

I'd check your air filter/duct work.

A high silicon # isnt unusual with the Vibe as I have seen several similar complaints via UOAs on this forum for Vibes. I do my best to change the air filter more than recommended...changed it again this current oil fill.

Quote:

A high silicon # isnt unusual with the Vibe as I have seen several similar complaints via UOAs on this forum for Vibes.

Right, i would still look things over, you never know.
dunno.gif

Quote:

I don't think my silicon level was ever that high with my Matrix

I know this doesnt seem right but silicon seems to be higher on Vibes than on the Matrix. As I recall "Olympic", among others, had similar concerns re silicon #s in their Vibe(s).

Yeah, I know. The OCI was during the height of our pollen season which is fairly intense. I have no idea of whether or not it has anything to do with the number. We'll see next time. As to the OP, I believe that he was using an OEM style air filter so I don't see a whole lot of difference, mine is actually less (different engine though).

Sorry, I was refering to the 2ZZGE in my XRS. It would be interesting to compare the numbers to a Vibe GT and see if the GT's run higher numbers than the XRS's. Little OT, just curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back