02 chrysler 2.7 10w/30 super tech hm w/3000 oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my wifes car with 93,000 miles on it. the oil and the filter are super tech , 10w/30 high milage , i'm very happy with this uoa ...
aluminum 1
chromium 0
iron 5
copper 3
lead 0
tin 0
molybdenum 4
nickel 0
manganese 0
silver 0
titanium 0
potassium 2
boron 13
silicon 3
sodium 5
calcium 2044
magnesium 8
phosphorus 707
zinc 856
barium 0
sodium 5

sus viscosity 59.8
cst viscosity @100 10.17
flashpoint 405
fuel 0.5
tbn 3.2

Glad to see things are going well with your 2.7L. I own one myself (06 model). The UOA looks good. Even though you have a tbn of 3.2, I would stick with the 3k OCI, due to that engines reputation. I run Grp III synthetic oil with 3 to 4K intervals to be on the safe side.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Was this in the dark red 5 quart jug?
The 2.7's are hard on oil. The UOA looks impressive.
yes this is the dark red 5 quart jug also i used the st filter

Originally Posted By: drivewaytech
Glad to see things are going well with your 2.7L. I own one myself (06 model). The UOA looks good. Even though you have a tbn of 3.2, I would stick with the 3k OCI, due to that engines reputation. I run Grp III synthetic oil with 3 to 4K intervals to be on the safe side.
i ran a grp 3? with a earler uoa (rotella t 5w/40 ) it wasn't as good as this cheep oil but i did run that oil 5000 miles before i knew about these 2.7 being so hard on the oil i got the car used ..

I just bought the dark red 5 quart jug of this stuff. It has the WPP on the bottom. It is the only WPP Supertech stocked in my local chinamart.All the other Supertech is in the bottles that look like the Superflo bottles.
3,000 mile oil changes in the 2.7 seem a good match with this oil.
Have you inspected the PCV valve and hose? They will clog up on the 2.7.

For a long time, New York's Supertech was not WPP. It was SOPUS... Shell Oil.

I'm not sure anymore.... but I hear poster reports now that the entire country's Supertech-line is now all Warren Products (WPP).

this is a uoa 12/05/06 using rotella t 5w/40 w/5000 miles on the oil aluminum 2
chromium 1
iron 12
copper 21
lead 1
tin 0
mokybdenum 7
nickel 0

manganese 0
silver 0
titanium 0
poyassium 0
boron 9
silicon 4
sodium 4
calcium 2853
phosphorus 1005
zinc 1238
barium 0

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
3,000 mile oil change interval. This is the notorious 2.7 sludge monster!
Maybe 5,000 on full syn. Mobil 1 HM for example.

You're right.

I have quite a few UOA posted from my 2.7. In general, many of the groupIII synths (QS, SynPower, Castrol Syntec, etc) seem to be pretty much shot by 5K miles in this engine. Either the TBN is approaching the lower limit, or the oxidation and/or nitration are starting get high, or both. Exceptions : Amsoil 0W30 could have gone 7 or 8K or 10K(I only ran it to 5K my first time around). Mobil1 HM 10W30 was still good at 5K and probably could have gone a lot longer but I didn't get a TBN done so I'm not sure.

I went by my local Walmart at lunch today. Bought some more 10W30 HM Supertech!
It appears that around here they have two suppliers for their oil. WPP for the HM and syn and Exxonmobil for the regular stuff. The Supertech blue bottles are just like the red Superflo bottles.
The WPP stuff is in the squarer bottle and jugs the Exxonmobil in the rounder bottles and jugs.

Last edited:
i guess it is a better oil than I thought (ST WPP).
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back