Amsoil ACD 10w-30/SAE30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sample is from a case of ACD I bought last year 2007. I shook it before opening a new gallon for the sample. Testing was by OAI.

Values in PPM

Iron---------------2
Chromium--------0
Nickel-------------0
Aluminum--------1
Copper------------0
Lead---------------0
Tin-----------------1
Cadmium----------0
Silver--------------0
Titanium----------0
Vanadium---------0
Silicon------------2
Sodium-----------3
Potassium--------2
Molybdenum-----0
Antimony---------0
Manganese-------0
Lithium-----------0
Boron--------------2
Magnesium-------9
Calcium--------3743
Barium------------0
Phosphorous----1265
Zinc--------------1353

CSt Visc. @ 100C----9.9

TBN-------------------10.60
Insolubles--------------0.1%
Oxidation---------------18
Nitration----------------8

This is one of my favorites oils I've ever used (in a VW GTI 1.8T and Infiniti G35) and it is priced below many other Amsoil oils.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
No VII is also a nice bonus with this oil.

Eh, VII's do have some benefits. Some I think are esters. Especially if they are good one's. Good oil regardless.

Always great to see an updated VOA on such a highly regarded oil...The ACD is quite popular on this forum, and I'm sure others will get lots of enjoyment.
Cheers
11.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: Tempest
No VII is also a nice bonus with this oil.

Eh, VII's do have some benefits. Some I think are esters. Especially if they are good one's. Good oil regardless.

There are certainly varying qualities of VII, but still like the idea of oils without them.

I've run this oil in my TL since it was new and it has 76,000 miles on it now. Just switched to Redline because I got bored but this oil served me well in my 20wt spec'd car.

That 100c viscosity is lower than the 10.5 that Amsoil advertises. Any thoughts as to why this is?

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
That 100c viscosity is lower than the 10.5 that Amsoil advertises. Any thoughts as to why this is?

I have done 2 VOA and 3 UOA since OAI started using Polaris and I noticed the trend right away. Both VOA's had slightly lower vis and 2 of the UOA's initially showed substantially lower vis. Once the UOA's where retested it was found to be much higher then initially reported. I chalk it up to the learning curve going to a different lab. Some variance is to be expected especially when going to a different lab. If I sent a sample from the same gallon to Blackstone the viscosity and adds would come back just a bit different, in the case of adds possibly hundreds.

A VOA I sent in of ASM at the same time had a slightly low vis, I also added kr_bitogs VOA done at wearcheck to the thread. Compare VIS, Adds and TBN some are fairly different but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with either sample just don't try and directly compare UOA's to VOA's that are done at different labs.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1328517

I'm still trying to figure out if I should run this in my marine engine that calls for 30wt oil, or just stick with the Amsoil Marine 10w30?

I just spoke with Amsoil Tech and was informed that the diesel standards are higher than the gasoline standards. I really think the Amsoil ACD 10w30 is the best oil since it has no viscosity improvers to lose and alter the viscosity. I also found an outdoor temperature guide for air cooled Porsches. Oil range for air cooled Porsche

Notice the 5w20 is not recommended over 15 degrees! Even though it is not water cooled I believe this is a more precise temperature range.

I also believe that everyone should have an actual temperature guage to see that the oil viscosity is not outside the proper range of 212-260 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back