whats the verdict on valvoline synpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, Im a brand new member. I have an 02 subaru wrx that used mobil 1 synthetic til about 3 changes ago after I read about mobil 1 not getting along in a wrx.

Personally, I used it for 120,000 miles without a problem. Im getting the valvoline synpower sent off today to blackstone to see how its going.

I'd just like to see what the general consensus is on it.
Thanks

I got some at bogof but have not run it yet. Overall i think most people who do use it have no problems with it. I also think any good synthetic today will do well in todays engines with resonable oci's

Oh yeah,
welcome.gif

It's going in the CRV next year. I have a bunch of MLEP and a lil VSOT to add partway through the oci.

Valvoline Synpower is good oil. Add a shot of the 20w50 Synpower if you want to make it a more manly oil. As for me, I go with Maxlife Synthetic, but then I am anti-starburst/energy conserving.

i have the 10w30 in my tacoma now and i have no complaints at all. i may have the next change of synpower tested. i didnt think about getting a bottle or two of the 20/50 but oh well. i only have 100k miles on my truck now so she is still a baby. well teenager.

Email came in last night from Ashland Valvoline Synpower is a GRP III/GRP IV motor oil. Sounds like good stuff.

Look at the MSDSs. Some of the Synpower includes PAO CAS# for part of the base oil. In fact 20w50 is mostly all PAO as listed.

It sounds good. I have the 3.4L in my tundra and I want to do a UOA on it to see how it compares to the UOA of the RP I ran. Blackstone recomended a 4k OCI for me because I only drive 2-3k per year in my truck so it's going to take 1.5 - 2 years for me to put 4k on it unless I drive it more.

Quote:

Look at the MSDSs. Some of the Synpower includes PAO CAS# for part of the base oil. In fact 20w50 is mostly all PAO as listed.

yeah for 20w50. but i was on the assumption that the basic 5w30 and 10w30 are group 3 only

Quote:

Quote:

yeah for 20w50. but i was on the assumption that the basic 5w30 and 10w30 are group 3 only

You may be right, but I thought someone had found partial PAO in at least one other grade, maybe the 5w40 and possibly the 5w20. Of course, who knows if the MSDS is up to date.

i dont know how to read that mess like you other guys do. lol... but i beleive this was brought up before and it was posted via after a talk with a representative that it was group 3 for 5 and 10w30's.. which is fine with me. i drive a yota and keep my air filters clean lol.. i can run olive oil and be fine (kidding of course)

No, their Synthetic's are a mix just like AMSOIL ASL 5W-30 is PAO/With some ESTERS. Basic? You mean their conventional oils?

[Email came in last night from Ashland Valvoline Synpower is a GRP III/GRP IV motor oil.]

That what Valvoline said about their "Synthetic" motor oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back