Like BITOG?

If you don't mind oil-related ads, and want to keep us running, whitelist BobisTheOilGuy in your ad blocker.

Thank you!

Recent Topics
Will You Buy An Autonomous Car ?
by Warstud
07/20/18 06:42 PM
Microsoft Edge?
by irv
07/20/18 06:22 PM
Pro Motive PH 2500 CUT OPEN
by car51
07/20/18 05:42 PM
please school me on a budget m1911 45acp
by jstert
07/20/18 05:37 PM
Prime guard POF-241 CUT OPEN
by car51
07/20/18 05:35 PM
2016 Fiesta 1.0 7259mi OCI
by Pepsibottle1
07/20/18 04:19 PM
Chose Quaker State High Mileage for current OCI
by LoneRanger
07/20/18 03:53 PM
49 years ago today....
by pbm
07/20/18 01:24 PM
Why do we care so much about oil?
by camrydriver111
07/20/18 01:14 PM
Which one should I sell/keep?
by SevenBizzos
07/20/18 12:18 PM
What's Shakin' at Amazon Today?
by TheLawnRanger
07/20/18 11:43 AM
2018 Hyundai Accent
by zeke1985
07/20/18 11:15 AM
Fresh footage of my Corvette on-track
by dparm
07/20/18 09:41 AM
Hedge trimmer "resin solvent"
by Rand
07/20/18 09:21 AM
Micrometer-digital
by Gito
07/20/18 09:00 AM
MMO and LSPI?
by KCJeep
07/20/18 08:49 AM
Sludged 2010 Cobalt 2.2 making noises
by jk_636
07/20/18 08:32 AM
Now oil pump while I have the pan off?
by callbay
07/20/18 07:19 AM
Anyone Remember DMSO Solvent ?
by LoneRanger
07/20/18 06:52 AM
aluminun bed in f150 pick um ups
by edwardh1
07/20/18 06:29 AM
Newest Members
TA128, Elantra16, Peterbilt52, CarllT100, 99SK04GTX
65515 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (2002 Maxima SE, ARB1977, 77GrandPrix, 08z06, 13 invisible), 1204 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
65515 Members
67 Forums
287361 Topics
4794092 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Will You Buy An Autonomous Car ? by rooflessVW @ 1 minute 29 seconds ago

No I won't, and yes I do.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Prime guard POF-241 CUT OPEN by PimTac @ 3 minutes 0 seconds ago

It sounds like that engine has some serious issues at a early age as well. Anyway you can follow up what happened?
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Lawnmower 2cycle and 4cycle fuel by philipp10 @ 4 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: maxdustingtonV Power is 93 octane E0. You should be using E0 in all OPE especially older ones that will probably not tolerate ethanol. It will not perform any better but you will get better fuel ef
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Hedge trimmer "resin solvent" by Rand @ 4 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fcjeepBrakes parts cleaner works well for me on my 2 chainsaws. The cheapest Wal Mart stuff has more than enough cleaning power. While I'm sure that cleans, brake clean is pretty nasty. I dont want anything that will degrad
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Which one should I sell/keep? by SevenBizzos @ 6 minutes 32 seconds ago

Great responses all! I was thinking the same thing most were. The Hyundai came off a lease after just over a year (why? no idea) and has been a great car. Partly because of this site, I've been a maintenance nerd on all my cars. I felt with the
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Whats in Your Roadside Motorcycle Tire Repair Kit? by David_g @ 7 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CarllT100I have spoked wheels and tubes. My repair kit is a cell phoned and Good sam'a telephoned number. Fortunately, I have not had to use it. I've had a flats where I had no cell reception. One on a bike, one in a car. An
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 49 years ago today.... by Pablo @ 15 minutes 1 second ago

Yeah I remember. 1969, 11 years old. The cool thing is that I have had most (not all) of my career in aerospace. We had a Saturn rocket guy, Alan Lawrie come to our rocket factory in Redmond 10 years ago or so, he had a GREAT presentation. We coul
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sludged 2010 Cobalt 2.2 making noises by Audios @ 15 minutes 54 seconds ago

Project farm had really good results with running seafoam in the crankcase, this may need a few applications but it should make a difference. Otherwise, stick with cheap conventional and 1000-1500 intervals for a little while, until the filter actual
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: please school me on a budget m1911 45acp by jstert @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

to stevejones: as i said, the bad experience was during army basic training with a clapped out m1911. picture an 18 yr raw recruit with a screaming jerk of a d.i., and a pistol that hadnt been cleaned since 1945, and you might get the picture. it
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Pretty ships in world of warships by NHHEMI @ 18 minutes 29 seconds ago

So as I have stated ^^^ I now have all the current standard tech tree BB's and Cruisers in the game. While there are other nations coming down the line it will be months or even years before they get here. So needing something to work towards besides
Computers
Jump to new posts Microsoft Edge? by irv @ 24 minutes 36 seconds ago

Everytime I run CCleaner, I get a pop up "Would you like CCleaner to close it? I have never used Microsoft Edge, don't recall installing it, yet every time I use CCleaner, which is often, I get the pop up and CCleaner has to force close it. I h
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: will they ever be a push back on car technology? by sleddriver @ 29 minutes 17 seconds ago

The story is told of the power of Gold and it's lure on the unsuspecting. It glitters and shines, it badgers and binds and constantly needs protecting ....... are you under the power of Gold? ---- Dan Fogelberg Her mind is Tiffany twisted she got th
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Why do we care so much about oil? by gfh77665 @ 30 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111 If that is the case, why do we care so much about motor oil? Some of us work in the Petro-Chemical industry. Also, BITOG is my "get away" from the daily stress of life. Sort of the cyber equivalent
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: castrol go m/c oil rated sg and jaso ma2...??? by BigCahuna @ 33 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: alarmguyThe API symbol is a non debate, I doubt very much you will find a motorcycle oil with an API rating better said with an API donut on it. Why? because to meet Jaso standards part of the standard is SG or better. The Jas
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 Hyundai Accent by MONKEYMAN @ 34 minutes 33 seconds ago

What size are your tires? Mine are 15" on the Elantra or just right for me. My parts department guy gave me a lecture about only using OEM oil filters. Then he said he could sell OEM for $5. I had a $10 off parts coupon and bought 4. I like
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pro Motive PH 2500 CUT OPEN by car51 @ 35 minutes 25 seconds ago

Yeah, older purolator but looks good i say.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Speeding ticket; Ouch by MCompact @ 36 minutes 9 seconds ago

I always try to be the second fastest car on the road...
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: One Synthetic Oil for all OPE by Astro_Guy @ 41 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andydThe most common killer of OPE is lack of oil.Easily preventable by checking level before use. I mostly run 10w30, but both mowers got 20w50 leftover from old BMWs, Snow blower gets 5w30. Hasn't blown yet. It should go wit
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Best free antivirus for an old PC by DBMaster @ 41 minutes 29 seconds ago

If you're feeling lucky just go naked. When I had my Windows 2000 PC I went for several years without AV because the thing was just too slow. I have a Windows 7 PC now (I could list the specs because I built it, but that's TMI). If Windows Defende
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: First run in with a Security Torx fastener by ZZman @ 41 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: zzyzzxYou are just encountering these screws now??? Yes
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: I lost the Michelin lottery again by CKN @ 43 minutes 49 seconds ago

Your in Florida-they will dry rot any way........
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Fly or drive 2700 miles for company training by 5AcresAndAFool @ 54 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mr NiceOriginally Posted By: rsylvstrDepends. If you donít burn vacation time and the job is cool with taking 4-5 days, drive! I'm on company time and driving my company vehicle. No vacation time used. Seriously.... They w
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Micrometer-digital by Vern_in_IL @ 57 minutes 26 seconds ago

My most used tools are 1" micrometer, 2" micrometer, and a 6" and 12" dial calipers, I also have a 6" digital. The micrometers are Starret "digital" analog. I also have a Starret 6" USA made dial caliper
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple SAE 30 Synthetic by 4WD @ Today at 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: hattSierra sells a syn SAE 30 for the marine market. Have Royal Purple HPM 10w30 in my outbound Ö NMMA FC-W and donít think they make it anymore Ö
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: dirty injectors - necessarily obvious? by billt460 @ Today at 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Virtus_ProbiThe same arguments above disputing the reality of top tier gas could also be used to argue that octane distinctions in gas are imaginary and even that gasoline and diesel are the same thing. A gasoline engine won't
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >