by Mickxalix
05/26/16 03:56 PM
2002 Camry 2.4 147.5k with 7500mile oci GC 0w30 wi
by Thebuckaman
05/26/16 02:53 PM
Excessive Soot in Diesel Oil
by outoforder
05/26/16 02:20 PM
2006 Scion xB, 1NZ-FE under the valve cover pics.
by MichiganMadMan
05/26/16 02:05 PM
Not sure whats going on with Pep Boys
by Chris142
05/26/16 01:56 PM
In-car footage at the Milwaukee Mile & Autobahn CC
by dparm
05/26/16 01:43 PM
Spark plug tube gaskets
by supton
05/26/16 01:22 PM
IBM System I and 8" Floppy Disks for MDS
by MolaKule
05/26/16 01:20 PM
Newest Members
watergate528, iamtheanimal, 1991300sl, Rdyno, Darsahn
57993 Registered Users
Who's Online
77 registered (Astro14, 4WD, 69GTX, ABerns, Bandito440, Astro_Guy, 11 invisible), 1673 Guests and 99 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57993 Members
66 Forums
249442 Topics
4083232 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Micro guard Gl14609 150 hours by robo339 @ 1 minute 26 seconds ago

Seems like there are alot more negative people on here lately it gets really annoying when you try to look at people's c&p to learn from them and it's a bunch of whining
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Fram pro synthetic longevity question by BeerCan @ 6 minutes 26 seconds ago

I plan on changing my oil filter on its own change schedule as discussed in other threads on this board. I got a box of these Fram Pro Synthetic for a great price and was wondering what a reasonable change mileage would be good? For a 3.5 Ecoboost
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure whats going on with Pep Boys by LoneRanger @ 6 minutes 32 seconds ago

Years ago I had a '95 Vette (x-brace installed), around 2003 I took it to Pep Boys for a four wheel alignment. Big mistake. It plowed the outer edge of the tires in corners they had so much positive camber on the fronts. Ended up calling it a lear
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Akebono ProACT ceramic pads by BigD1 @ 7 minutes 36 seconds ago

I did not run the brake pads that long, and it's not my car. Some people don't change pads until the backing plates start scrubbing rotors, and some go until the backing plate is gone, and they are literally stopping on caliper piston and rotor.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Its coming here more and more by Mr Nice @ 10 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitAnd? It's no surprise that times change and automation continues. Not only in China but on a worldwide basis. Everyone is responsible for continuously upgrading their skills-the days of making a career out of mindless
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Liqui Moly or Valvoline Synthec ? by slacktide_bitog @ 10 minutes 36 seconds ago

Color is not a good indication of oil quality. Anything that meets the requirements spelled out in your owners manual will be fine for the full OCI suggested by it. Why are you using a 5w40 in Canada? Any synthetic 5w30 should meet your needs jus
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil - Strategic Direction by 4WD @ 10 minutes 45 seconds ago

Fan of getting Mobil-1 for $5/qt at Walmart - then it does not bother me to change at 5k ...
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: walking thru a Harbor Freight is better than sex by Rand @ 12 minutes 46 seconds ago

HF has different quality stuff.. They have actual good tools. They have sears equiv. tools. they have junk. just like they have 9 sku's of grinders.. from laughable to legit DIY.. .. but nothing like a 99$ dewalt. Their DA buffer is very decent
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: QSAD 5W20 VOA Bottled 2/25/16 by MolaKule @ 12 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dustyroadsOriginally Posted By: smithphQuestion for the guru's... Does the lower boron equate to more noise? At the risk of getting pummeled by the formulators, I will say my opinion (based on my oil experiences) is the Boron
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Motorcycle Scan Tools by George7941 @ 15 minutes 1 second ago

There does not seem to be much use of scan tools in the motorcycling community. I am looking for an inexpensive scan tool for my Honda CBR300R. The only inexpensive one I found was this one on ebay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Classic-7-in-1-Motorbike-Re
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: pistol grip shotgun wanted by Robenstein @ 15 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisIf you do want a 410 there's a very nice load called Winchester PDX1 defender. It uses 3 plated discs and 12 pellets giving you a very effective load. Do the math on the muzzle energy of those rounds an
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: In-car footage at the Milwaukee Mile & Autobahn CC by Mr Nice @ 16 minutes 15 seconds ago

Awesome driving skills, that M powered engine sounds sooo sweet. I want one with manual transmission
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 Scion xB, 1NZ-FE under the valve cover pics. by Rand @ 18 minutes 36 seconds ago

just normal heavy varnish from too long with non-syn in that engine. If he wants to forget oil changes have him step upto something like m1 EP. That way when he forgets and his 5k oci becomes 9000miles... oil will hold up good.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Excessive Soot in Diesel Oil by Rand @ 21 minutes 4 seconds ago

if soot levels get too high and/or the detergent package is depleted... soot can clump and become abrasive. What were the actual results... excessive is kinda generic and open to interpretation.
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting oil pressure vs engine RPM by Emperors6 @ 22 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bobbydavroFuel dilution is your biggest enemy with track usage. Not oil thinning out cause it gets too hot Is there any way to combat it after the fact? I usually do a long 8hr highway drive after my track weekends or is pr
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: RL D6 vs T-WS by MaximaGuy @ 26 minutes 47 seconds ago

I have read up a lot about levels on sealed transmissions. I intend to extract 4Q at a time and after 2 attempts , 8Q is out and 8Q in. I don't intend to check temperatures and do that tango dance - I intend to do it on a cold engine. What came
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Real Estate Rates by PandaBear @ 28 minutes 44 seconds ago

Typically 6%, but they also pay for staging and hosting open house, etc. Some legendary ones are very good at finding filthy rich buyers from out of state and help the buyer find lender, etc. Or you can go look for an agent that charge much lower ra
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: beef short ribs by WANG @ 29 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Reddy45You could do them Korean style. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/96698/kalbi-korean-bbq-short-ribs/ That is the typical way that we eat beef spares. I use equal parts white sugar, Aloha brand shoyu (soy sauce), and Italia
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart Supertech 5w20 full synthetic $8.12 by umungus1122 @ 32 minutes 2 seconds ago

Go through Discover.com's website's shop Walmart link and get a 5% cash back bonus.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by barkingspider @ 38 minutes 56 seconds ago

05 Camry Out Penz ultra (old formula) 5w30 and purolator classic (3500 miles on oil) In Super S semi syn 5w30 and purolator classic 02 Prizm Out Rotella T5 semi syn 10w30 and Toyota filter (3200 miles on oil) In Super S semi syn 10w30 and purolator
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at VW TDI by simple_gifts @ 39 minutes 1 second ago

An easy rule is if you want a simple and reliable used vehicle, start off by buying one that as being known to be simple and reliable. This is not it; I've known 4 people who owned early 2000s VWs and none chose to buy another as, for 3, frustrati
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Freshly changed oil in a Diesel engine black? by OVERKILL @ 40 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK You are talking about one specific engine that has a badly designed EGR cooler and intake. Actually, no, I gave you examples of two (Cummins and International). The cooler issue is International, but both suffer depo
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ranger Quick Jack by 007 @ 41 minutes 48 seconds ago

That's NOT the same as the Ranger Quick Jack which is now improved. BL-5000SLX is the model I am considering.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Camry 2.4 147.5k with 7500mile oci GC 0w30 wi by Quattro Pete @ 42 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ChewieI could be wrong, but it looks like Aluminum 3 Chromium 0 Iron 23 Copper 1 Lead 0 Tin 0 Moly 299 Strange because GC does not use moly.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best filter for extended oci by JerryBob @ 43 minutes 47 seconds ago

Not sure you stated anywhere what your OCI is. I do 2x7.5k OCIs with a M1 filter on the wife's minivan. Not a Fram fan boy. I always find dirt and grit on their faceplates, right out of the box.
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >