by ZZman
Today at 08:16 AM
Lost my wife to a drunk driver
by KD0AXS
Today at 07:49 AM
Boutique oil vs. Major oil company's
by gmh101357
Today at 06:01 AM
My Honda Accord...major blowby..or..? (vid inside)
by TurboTravis
Today at 05:06 AM
Toyota 04152-YZZA5
by dlundblad
Today at 03:39 AM
TPMS sensor bad
by MuzzleFlash40
Today at 01:19 AM
Toyota filters deserve more cred.
by DrRoughneck
Today at 12:40 AM
Discount Tire rim maintenance
by oilboy123
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Cleaning "drive-by-wire" throttle body
by DrRoughneck
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
edge 0w40 on Amazon $21
by andrewp1998
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
2014 Ford Taurus awd
by Corollaman
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
[Cut Open] Microgreen MG-101-7 1783mi
by DuckRyder
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
Where’s the best deal on case of Mobil1 synth ATF?
by sgc2c
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
Newest Members
514avn, Okapi77, MrWaker, iflylow, marichardson
64222 Registered Users
Who's Online
109 registered (ammolab, 2015_PSD, another Todd, 2K2AcuraTL, AnthemBassMan, 7 invisible), 1833 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
64222 Members
65 Forums
278383 Topics
4645772 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Boutique oil vs. Major oil company's by BrocLuno @ 31 seconds ago

I have not run a Royal Purple product since it was under Union Oil. But it may be good ... I can say something about Redline. I have friends with blown nitro motors, and they run through Redline 50 racing oil by the drum. Why? Because it will lu
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my wife to a drunk driver by PimTac @ 50 seconds ago

Prayers and condolences.
Automotive Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Who Knows About LED's ?? by Snagglefoot @ 1 minute 37 seconds ago

Here is my favorite LED floodlight bulbs. The light frequency is perfect, being fairly natural and not overly white.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota filters deserve more cred. by edwardh1 @ 2 minutes 15 seconds ago

wonder why you can not buy a "super efficient" air filer, or are mid line air filters "good enough" ?? and I think Fram ultra is the OIL filter choice, especially on a vehicle that has a hard /messy to change oil filter .
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Dusted - K&N on a Cummins ISX by OVERKILL @ 5 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rooflessVWOriginally Posted By: another ToddThe reason Cotton gauze filter manufacturers have few repeat customers is not because the filters last and last with only cleanings and re-installations, It is because the first time s
Jump to new posts Re: Should I leave a little used oil in? ( DNewton3 ) by Patman @ 5 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7enI quit changing scolding hot oil filters. I now change them cold, then run the engine hot to change the oil. Matters-not that the filter now contains several ounces of old oil..... no big deal and my dipstick still a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: TPMS sensor bad by bruckus @ 5 minutes 53 seconds ago

I've read that the batteries in them last about 6-7 years. On my 2009 honda i started getting the light occasionally especially when cold. I waited until I needed tires and then had discount tire replace them all. Just wanted to save the cost of dism
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts $5 off Mobil 1 High Mileage - Ibotta and Walmart by ThirdeYe @ 8 minutes 50 seconds ago

Ibotta has a coupon for $5 off M1HM at Walmart right now for those of you that use Ibotta. It isn’t an instant rebate but it adds to your savings balance that you eventually cash out using the app.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mighty Engine Guard II M4477 @~9k miles by bullwinkle @ 9 minutes 3 seconds ago

Not bad-bet it was using thin oil, in not too cold conditions, warmed up regularly, and not revved to high cold. If only all Puro built filters looked this good!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Michigan accepts Canada's trash in landfills by irv @ 9 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLApparently the Durham garbage incinerator needs an upgrade If true, that's a huge surprise as it's been such a stellar performer so far! https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/01...d-schedule.html
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: LL-01 Recommendations by Kaiser @ 10 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: KaiserOn my side when I use the term "flashpoint" that means the temperature value when the oil begins to boil. So it's not correct ? No, flash point is the temperature at which vapors o
Jump to new posts Re: SuperTech 5W20 Motor Oil, 5 Quart $8.98 by ThirdeYe @ 10 minutes 55 seconds ago

Thanks for the heads up. I bought 4 jugs last night for my oil burning Accord. Can’t beat the price especially with free shipping!
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 EP and AP for 6-10k drains? by Patman @ 11 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: volk06No. What benefit do you expect to see at that interval? Is M1 AFE not keeping your engine clean? Without taking off the valve cover, it's hard to say for sure but I figure that EP and AP must have better detergent pack
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: oil to use to clean foam filters by wag123 @ 11 minutes 47 seconds ago

The correct manufacturer specified way to clean a foam air filter element is with warm water and dish soap. Using any kind of solvent (or gasoline) will destroy the foam. This is what they taught us in B&S service school many years ago (when MOST
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Tesla Roadster actually Launched to Mars.. No kidd by dwendt44 @ 13 minutes 13 seconds ago

It is doubtful though that Space-X or Musk will be constructing billion dollar satellites. That will cut down on overall costs. My 2¢
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech Filters aren't leaving by Matagonka @ 15 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7enIf you want efficiency, the new designed Fram EGs are better and nearly the same price. I want as much flow as possible, and cheaply! My next purchase may be the jobber Prolines at Pep Boys. You should be getting
Jump to new posts Re: Where’s the best deal on case of Mobil1 synth ATF? by sgc2c @ 16 minutes 36 seconds ago

This is actually for a car that would normally take Mercon V.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got Linux Mint Downloaded by pandus13 @ 19 minutes 2 seconds ago

GPU = Graphical Processor Unit. (graphics card)
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: My Yahoo issues by tmorris1 @ 20 minutes 26 seconds ago

Agree with everyone's assessment. I started using them 20 years ago when I needed an email for unimportant things that I didn't mind getting spammed on. That is about all they are good for anymore. I wouldn't trust anything important with them aft
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade Electrical System - Briggs Twin by BrocLuno @ 27 minutes 7 seconds ago

Many OMC outboards used to run excess voltage w/o regulation. They advised to use the running lights at all times to keep the battery happy. My guess is this is the same. With the PTO engaged it will "balance" the circuit and the volta
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Doing? by earlyre @ 28 minutes 47 seconds ago

about to head to my Insurance agent to get a replacement insurance ID Card. accidentally left it in my pants pocket when i did laundry Friday. and of course they weren't open over the weekend. got a wad of pulp out of the dryer. and we're not set up
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Pressure Cooker Recommendation by Drew99GT @ 36 minutes 44 seconds ago

I bought an Instant Pot a while back, and I though I like ti at first. It is easy to use and cooks slow cooker type meals quicker, BUT........I don't think the flavor is as good! When I want to do chili, or pot roast, stuff you'd normally do in
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vibe; 1ZZ-FE, under vc, 265k miles by MarkM66 @ 36 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister Engine looks great . Congrats on doing a great job maintaining your Vib ! :-) You plan on driving it as long as possible ? Thanks. Yeah, I plan on seeing how far it goes... We'll see
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used oil sign in sheet? by Tdbo @ 40 minutes 59 seconds ago

Take mine to the local Tractor Supply. The do have a sign in sheet, enforced by a padlock on the top of the tank. However, that system was modified by someone. The padlock now serves as the hinge. An employee demonstrated the modification to me. Now,
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new Impala after test driving 9 vehicles by irv @ 43 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdudeOriginally Posted By: carviewsonicHow did the new Impala compare to a Lacrosse ?" Depending on the trim levels, the Lacrosse has a nicer interior than the Impala, IMO. But the Lacrosse is more expensive, and cannot
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >