click here to participate in the Chevron Lubricants Q&A

Recent Topics
Valve covver gasket pic and rear brake shoes
by Leo99
8 minutes 42 seconds ago
What type of grass is this?
by chiefsfan1
28 minutes 5 seconds ago
Career in tribology...how does one begin?
by Lolvoguy
Today at 02:44 PM
Worst gift ever received?
by ThorpeyD
Today at 02:00 PM
what oil, Pontiac 455 for best bearing protection
by ws6formula
Today at 01:58 PM
Suggestions for older VW
by Okuru
Today at 01:51 PM
2011 GMC Acadia Sudden Oil Consumption
by Egg_Head
Today at 01:17 PM
Deer hits van.
by mtndew_dad
Today at 12:46 PM
Print cut off
by Eddie
Today at 12:35 PM
Windows 10 Technical Preview
by bornconfuzd
Today at 12:30 PM
Fram Ultra XG4967 Cut Open
by Sport_Injection
Today at 12:19 PM
Are "high mileage" oil "seal conditioners" needed?
by Ed_Flecko
Today at 12:08 PM
Newest Members
ShellFin, subaruwrx, lobbieking, aceswerling, Spoiled99
53741 Registered Users
Who's Online
94 registered (901Memphis, 97tbird, an3_bolt, 97f150, 11 invisible), 2074 Guests and 211 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53741 Members
66 Forums
230353 Topics
3687382 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Leo99: What kind of maintenance routine have you followed to get such a clean cylinder head valve train? Type of oil and filter?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What type of grass is this? by chiefsfan1 @ 4 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: doitmyselfOrtho weed b gone is for broad leaf weeds, not grass. The pictures are not good enough to i.d. it. If it has clasping auricles, it is quack grass. It also has a spreading rhizome type "root" system,
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for older VW by Nick1994 @ 5 minutes 30 seconds ago

I've got a 70' Beetle. I have ran Rotella 15w40 and am now running Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Pilot does touch and go without landing gear by Taildragger @ 7 minutes 35 seconds ago

I don't think he ever 'raised' the gear. ( It has to be down to be raised.)
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: How long too run a quart of MMO with 3 quarts oil? by demarpaint @ 7 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jk_636Originally Posted By: demarpaintOriginally Posted By: BuckShirleyI run it every oci , pint in warmer weather full quart in winter months I had a friend in college who ran a quart every OCI dating back to the 1970's when
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Ford F550 / Bad Report / 15w40 Mag1 Fleet by ToadU @ 8 minutes 15 seconds ago

Possible contamination from the oil drum while possible....I have to rely on my service department to do their jobs properly.......is unlikely. On the same day and time this truck's oil was changed (3) other trucks received service from the same dru
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Are speeding tickets worth fighting? by TiredTrucker @ 12 minutes 58 seconds ago

Speed limits, before the past 55 speed limit everywhere days, were based on the prevailing flow of traffic on a given road. I cap myself at 65 most places. Just never felt the need to race around. States keep jacking up speed limits and I just dr
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Barn Find (mid 1950s Dodge) by Red91 @ 15 minutes 55 seconds ago

That house is very cool. I love those mid 50's Royal Lancers. It's just begging for some Defy 10W-40.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 15w40 Oil Choices For 2011 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins by TiredTrucker @ 25 minutes 39 seconds ago

Valvoline is endorsed by Cummins because they have interest in Ashland oil who makes it. Doesn't make it bad, just an observation. Delo 400LE 5w40, Rotella T6 5w40, Mystic JT8 5w40 ( a real sleeper of an oil with good quality and usually great pric
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 GMC Acadia Sudden Oil Consumption by oilpsi2high @ 28 minutes 1 second ago

Why on earth would you use 5w20 in a car that specs 5w30? No wonder it's burning oil. Put 5w30 in, now.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Roofer issue (sorry long) by antiqueshell @ 34 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: stumpypeteIt would be implied in the contract of a new roof that it be watertight. That includes new flashing or working with the existing flashing ,if sound ,to give you a watertight seal that keeps all water on top of new meta
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Corrosion protection vs coolant/antifreeze %. by CATERHAM @ 34 minutes 33 seconds ago

A Ph test I would think would tell for sure. Also, it would seem that mileage more so than time is what eventually causes the coolant to become acidic?
Jump to new posts Re: Which Oil and Filter, and Why by TiredTrucker @ 35 minutes 26 seconds ago

Any of one of the major oil brands of synthetic ( or even blend ) that meets the spec you need, on sale, throw in a quality filter, take it to the OLM, and live long and prosper. I generally take mine to around 5000 primarily because I like doing a
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Worst gift ever received? by ThorpeyD @ 36 minutes 29 seconds ago

Exactly! The person giving their holiday snaps as a gift was not thinking of the recipient.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Handgun Carry in Church by Mystic @ 37 minutes 16 seconds ago

Well, I agree with this. I don't see why the average citizen has to go out of their way to avoid the intruder. It makes sense to secure your home against home intrusion as much as possible, but building a safe room where you can hide until the police
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: For those of you who rent cars.... by 1kickbuttranger @ 42 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Silverado12^^^I wouldn't allow my boss to put me in the ghetto LOL. His cheap a.. would have to pay up! It's the hotel the vendor works with in the package deal. Only other option would be to drive 5+ hours to socal. Somet
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Comments on 2004 Mercedes S430 ~100K miles by Vikas @ 43 minutes 8 seconds ago

The car does have two keys but no, I have yet to go back and figure out if the closure system is broken. I am little bit disappointed that when I had asked for the list of things wrong with it, I was told everything works. Either the service manage
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Fired the mower up today. by Warstud @ 43 minutes 10 seconds ago

Just because you dont have any problems now doesn't mean you wont in the future nor anyone else.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with PowerBook WiFi Setup by Merkava_4 @ 45 minutes 6 seconds ago

shanneba - I went to the AT&T Gateway modem page as you suggested. The drop down menu has several options for Authentication Type: WEP - Open WEP - Shared WPA - PSK (TKIP) / WPA2 - PSK (AES) default setting WPA2 - PSK (AES) Which one should I
Jump to new posts Re: Igntion Coil question ???? by Trav @ 45 minutes 25 seconds ago

Thats it. Blue Streak was the best of the best, it was Standards top shelf. Everything plastic was blue (coils and a few other parts also), even the cam block on the points. Now the line only exist in Canada IIRC but there are lots of NOS around.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California farmers fear wells will soon go dry by Mystic @ 47 minutes 13 seconds ago

It finally rained some. Kind of an average rainfall so far. There is supposed to be a real good chance of rain today and tomorrow. It is overcast.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Career in tribology...how does one begin? by Al @ 49 minutes 51 seconds ago

The ideal way would be to work in a supervisory capacity in an industry that has lots of rotating equipment. An engineering degree would be helpful/required. I suppose I could call myself a "Triboligist" since I have an engineering degree
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Home Thermostat Wiring by JayhawkRoy @ 50 minutes 28 seconds ago

Install the new thermostat and leave it installed. You can change settings twice a year if you want different setbacks for summer vs winter. I run a 5 degree setback year round, and it seems to work well. No knowledge of the fossil fuel kit at all
Jump to new posts Re: Are "high mileage" oil "seal conditioners" needed? by geeman789 @ 53 minutes 29 seconds ago

All motor oil contains seal conditioners... HM oils contain "more..." seal conditioners... How much more is yet to be determined... HM oils are also typically at the thick end of any viscosity range, and may contain more anti- wear addit
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: FRAM ultra rebate? by dothedrew1202 @ 59 minutes 38 seconds ago

I got a check for $4 also. I thought I was only going to receive $2 since i didnt fill out two rebate forms. I just filled out one with copies of both receipts and the 2 proof of purchases.
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >