by typ901
07/01/15 10:39 AM
Bi-Mart, Havoline $12.99
by Finklejag
07/01/15 09:22 AM
50 Centuries in 10 minutes or so
by Trajan
07/01/15 09:21 AM
QSUD / i thought it was ACEA A5 approved...
by wemay
07/01/15 08:34 AM
Coolant for 2005 Jeep 4.0 after flush
by fins
07/01/15 08:27 AM
2011 F150 Purolater PureOne PL22500
by czbrian
07/01/15 08:24 AM
Saint Barth Airshow
by raaizin
07/01/15 08:16 AM
07 Accord 2.4 sudden oil consumption
by wolfehunter
07/01/15 07:38 AM
Quaker State Rebates
by Nickdfresh
07/01/15 05:52 AM
Newest Members
SlotTech, dsbike, steynvanniekerk, georges77, LesterL
54541 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (4wheeldog, aquariuscsm, ARCOgraphite, 440Magnum, AdRock, Andy636, 6 invisible), 1811 Guests and 85 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54541 Members
66 Forums
233664 Topics
3752853 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Reliability of Mazdas by Hokiefyd @ 56 seconds ago

I don't think you can make a blanket statement about any manufacturer -- there are so many variables. I think it's safe to say that MOST of Mazda's powertrains are good, but they certainly all aren't. Mazda has finally purged the CX-7 from its port
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: E15 coming soon? by Koz1 @ 1 minute 52 seconds ago

About 70 some odd percent of new vehicles can use E15 according to a lobby group for pro E15 not sure how accurate that is though.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Switched to PPP by bebbus234 @ 1 minute 53 seconds ago

I changed my 2012 Honda accord V6 EX-L over from Honda's 0w-20w to Pennzoil platinum. The car runs smoother, but the low end torque seems diminished.(starting from a light or stop sign) Is this normal with a full synthetic oil? Thanks.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Honda PCX125 by OriginalRocket @ 2 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ccap41Well, seeming how there are some PCX owners here.. What kind of mileage are you guys getting? Also, what else have you done to the little PCX? And modifications, tire suggestions, fuel suggestions? Here is my average: 9
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Theory behind valve adjustment? by OVERKILL @ 3 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eddy21Originally Posted By: zach1900How would one even attempt to adjust hydraulic lashers? ! If adjustable tighten till you can't turn the pushrods with your fingers . Than 1/2 a turn more. I was taught to spin the pushrod
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: PAO vs Esters in an MTF.... by badtlc @ 4 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MolaKule Then I am not sure what you are asking. We use various viscosities of various base oil groups to achieve the stated performance goals. The total formulation is what matters as to performance. As stated before, focusin
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: transformer cooling oil other use? by ironman_gq @ 6 minutes 47 seconds ago

It's fairly common in the mechanically injected cummins/diesel crowd as an alternative fuel when mixed with diesel. Not sure I'd run it in a common rail diesel though.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Win 8.1 to W10? by Hokiefyd @ 9 minutes 11 seconds ago

I have not signed up for the pre-reservation simply because I want more control over how Windows 10 is installed on my computer, if I do eventually upgrade to it. I don't mind downloading a 4 GB ISO and cutting a DVD. But I'd rather it not download
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru Forester XT or Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0l by IveBeenRued @ 9 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Boss302fanI am also thinking about buying a new Subaru or Hyundai but a few other current threads are discussing oil consumption with the Subaru's... This concerns me and I think I am going to wait another year to see how it pla
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: HOA orders resident to take down US Flag by grampi @ 10 minutes 56 seconds ago

I don't see how any HOA can make a rule against flying an American flag...other flags, yes, but the American flag? Seems to me that this is in violation of some federal law that states every American has a right to fly the American flag...people can'
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Corrosion on aluminum surfaces by ironman_gq @ 12 minutes 20 seconds ago

JB weld might work, they also make a marine epoxy. Either should be much better than any type of body filler.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: xp and pc games by browning300wsm @ 12 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kamele0NLeft click on icon.....properties/compatibility/run this program in compatibility mode for....? sorry but your answer is not too clear ...click on icon ???????
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Kaspersky Anti Virus Instead Of Webroot Or Avast by AdRock @ 13 minutes 0 seconds ago

Ive had great luck using the free Avast antivirus along with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware. I obviously leave the AV on all the time, but I try to run malwarebytes and superAS once a week. Then I run CCleaner every few weeks to catch anything e
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Lubrication Myths-Lake Speed Jr. by typ901 @ 13 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Interesting read. Not the first time I've heard real racers say 300 degrees is not too hot for modern oils. Not too much baloney, either... Yeah I found the 300F comment interesting; I read a lot of comments where th
Jump to new posts Re: 07 Accord 2.4 sudden oil consumption by buster @ 16 minutes 38 seconds ago

I changed the PCV valve on my 05 once and it was pefectly clean when I did. I sold the car with 180k miles on it. I'm not sure what could be causing it to clog. The car always consumed 1/2-1qt of oil every 5k miles. fwiw.
Jump to new posts Re: Spark Plug Change by 440Magnum @ 17 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: BurrWinderOriginally Posted By: slacktide_bitogBosch OE parts are great! But Bosch aftermarket parts are [censored]. Yes, I have found that as well... the aftermarket multi electrode Bosch Platinum seem to not be all they
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Alumiweld - a product that does what's advertised. by ironman_gq @ 19 minutes 45 seconds ago

Aladdin 3in1 rod has been around just about forever. Lots of recent copies of the product have popped up in the last 10 years and they all do about the same. Great for quick repairs and people who don't have a tig welder. Stuff is fairly easy to use
Jump to new posts Re: side to side shimmy while braking at highway speed by threeputtpar @ 20 minutes 13 seconds ago

Did you rule out tires yet by swapping the rears to the front? Did you have them balance and road force checked? Try the simple and free/cheap things first before shotgunning parts at it. I went crazy with the shotgun at first and spent a pile of mo
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge Black Bottle for 10K? by meborder @ 20 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar Sorry, I guess I didn't word my first post the best. What I meant was that 145k / 7500 = 19.33333333, so not an even number. But 142.5k / 7500 = 19. Yes, I'm an accountant so that's my whole number OCD kicking in.
Jump to new posts Re: Nitrogen in my tires - halarious by mehullica @ 21 minutes 22 seconds ago

Tire pressure sensors inside newer wheels can corrode with moist air.
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD / i thought it was ACEA A5 approved... by Hokiefyd @ 21 minutes 29 seconds ago

Yes, it used to be. They had some labeling issues a few years ago. Their 5W-20 used to be labeled A5, which it did not likely meet due to the HT/HS viscosity requirement of A5. Relevant thread: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?u
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant for 2005 Jeep 4.0 after flush by 440Magnum @ 22 minutes 29 seconds ago

G-05 is perfect. Even for a 4.0 old enough to originally have come with an inorganic technology coolant.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: So, Where Do We Put Our Investment Money Now?? by Joe_Power @ 22 minutes 49 seconds ago

Invest in a small business. Even if it " loses money", you'll come out ahead.
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Fit suspension freshening by threeputtpar @ 30 minutes 13 seconds ago

The Monroe OESpectrums that I put on the front of the Audi appeared in every way to be unbranded duplicates of the OE Sachs dampers that they replaced. Monroe doesn't even put their name anywhere on the damper body, but actually provides stickers wit
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru - why all the good press? by Al @ 30 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: super20danbad head gaskets started around 2000 and kept on till depends on who you ask but wait till 2009 to be safe. of course then they started drinking oil so avoid them altogether to be safe. too bad the rest of the car if g
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >