by LoneRanger
05/03/16 07:50 AM
Our Sony 5 disk changer DVD player
by Oldmoparguy1
05/03/16 07:41 AM
JASO vs. Auto Oil for non-wet clutch Powersports
by coachvonyo
05/03/16 07:31 AM
Why Does Some Oil in Engine Smell "Worse"?
by Miller88
05/03/16 07:28 AM
Kevlar covered v-belt question.
by mrsilv04
05/03/16 07:06 AM
1991 yamaha xt600 NY registration questions.
by joegreen
05/03/16 06:18 AM
postal LLV wiper switch arm broke off
by Tuffy1760
05/03/16 05:07 AM
2GR-FE Water Pump Noise
by The Critic
05/03/16 03:36 AM
Castrol & Shell oil sale in Oz
by SR5
05/03/16 02:45 AM
UOA Mobil Delvac MX 15w40?
by nyumski
05/03/16 02:13 AM
2015 Silverado - Put some chrome
by Realtech214
05/02/16 10:22 PM
Newest Members
myfarmertan, coachvonyo, ionix, Amtecol, DRAX392
57779 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (bbhero, Bandito440, ag_ghost, 2015_PSD, Alfred_B, Al, 11 invisible), 1660 Guests and 307 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57779 Members
66 Forums
248399 Topics
4061924 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Little Red (aka my '00 VW GTI) by thr_wedge @ 39 seconds ago

That's awesome, I just joined the GTI family, hope I keep mine for the next 16 years!!!
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Old HONDA almost too good to be true in Wisconsin by Ducked @ 3 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlOriginally Posted By: CKNOn many other forum/boards this would be a "piece of junk". Here, on BITOG-it's a "find". Yea-right! The problem for this car is it was a bare bones econobox model when
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trailer hitch saves my car again! by gman2304 @ 3 minutes 35 seconds ago

I never leave my receiver ball hitch in. Mainly to preserve my, as well as others shins.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Our Sony 5 disk changer DVD player by carguy996 @ 5 minutes 6 seconds ago

Might also want to consider a pawn shop. The ones we have around here sell similar 5 disc DVD changers for $20 that are still in really good shape.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Camry DIY Brake Fluid Replacement Experience by windeye @ 9 minutes 8 seconds ago

Thanks much for the link. My memory apparently still stuck with the image of some early pressure bleeder caps which used a universal flat cap and a chain to "secure". I was so afraid of brake fluid spraying out under pressure. But the AST
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: JASO vs. Auto Oil for non-wet clutch Powersports by MotoTribologist @ 11 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: coachvonyoI get the JASO rating and "motorcycle" oil for powersports with wet clutch units. My question is this: What if you have a powersport (such as a polaris ATV/UTV) that doesn't have a wet clutch? Why would I u
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why Does Some Oil in Engine Smell "Worse"? by bigjl @ 14 minutes 4 seconds ago

I noticed that Chevron Supreme 10w40 stunk to high heaven when it was fresh and new. Best way to describe it would be like oil from 10/15 years ago. And I have used semi synth and full synth of many different brands. I assumed it was just due to t
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: How reliable or unreliable are your vehicles? by Kestas @ 14 minutes 30 seconds ago

No more German cars for me. My 1995 Mercedes E320 always had some major problem every 3000 miles. I can't keep up with it anymore. I'm just letting the dashboard slowly light up like a Christmas tree. Instead of adding features year after year, t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody have experience with Lubrication Engineer by Y_K @ 15 minutes 37 seconds ago

A forum user, who manages a fleet, wrote he used their motor oil product fleet wide with success. I use their grease, and believe it's second to none. Here is a snippet from a private discussion with an old-timer here years ago: "Some would di
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: MK7 GTI by rooflessVW @ 18 minutes 31 seconds ago

Also: where are the pictures?!?!
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 303 Aerospace protectant question by buster @ 22 minutes 5 seconds ago

"303® Aerospace Protectant™ is a water-based proprietary formula that contains no petroleum distillates, alcohol, mineral oil or harmful silicone oils." 303 Matte finish with no oily and greasy residue Keeps treated surfaces looking n
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Costco Tire Service - now available for all tires by Sayjac @ 22 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: DonaldSome of the clubs I have used the tire service at (Sams) had a long wait time. How is Costco? If you are buying/install new tires then waiting time is reasonable on weekday about 1 hour or a
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Reuse fram XG for 1 more O/C? by WobblyElvis @ 23 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Brybo86Originally Posted By: WobblyElvisI used an XG9018 for 20,000 miles. The filter appeared to be plugged when I removed it. I think 15,000 is probably the limit. Do you have pics of this plugged filter? Can I see? At th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Speeding Ticket today by gman2304 @ 25 minutes 16 seconds ago

'Just call a lawyer. I get speeding tickets all the time and I have no points nor have ever been to a [censored] class. It's all revenue generation, and my lawyer has had no problem keeping my license at 0 points, even with some "serious"
Jump to new posts Re: schedule / oil recom. for 2015 Honda Accord V6 by ag_ghost @ 26 minutes 49 seconds ago

wrong section.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 3000 miles in; a brief update on my M235i by IndyIan @ 28 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Beautiful story. Some of us like a car with a bit of fun in it, and how you get your fun is variable. Most of the "stick shift or die" crowd may never know how cool those ZF 8 speeds are when correctly program
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using Spline Sockets? by Trav @ 30 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Originally Posted By: kb27A couple of times I used the spline on a stuck hex nut. It actually rounded off the hex nut. I don't have much confidence using spline anymore. Thing is, what's to say that 12 point hex wouldn't
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 15k miles on Fram xg6607 2011 Mazda 2 by micmac @ 32 minutes 26 seconds ago

Then I will cut it open and let you guys tell me what it means. What is the preferred method for opening a Fram XG?
Jump to new posts Re: 2GR-FE Water Pump Noise by Kuato @ 33 minutes 0 seconds ago

How many miles on the pump? If not a lot, I'd be inclined to keep an eye on it and replace when it starts to leak.
Jump to new posts Re: Power steering pump leaking; re-seal or replace? by HawkeyeScott @ 33 minutes 33 seconds ago

Thanks, everybody. I appreciate the responses. Silly me, I'd assumed reman. meant reliable. But if mine is as good as the one I'm putting on - and maybe better - I'm inclined to find the leaky seal, hone in on it and move on for $12. I'll drop some m
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Microgreen 301-1 by DBMaster @ 34 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nate1979^^^^ The reason that I want to see the ISO spec data is because the Ultra is actually very efficient in the same range as the bypass section of the MG: Fram Ultra 99.9% @ 20 microns and 80% at 5 microns (ISO 4548-12 mult
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD in Ecotec: 2 qts. consumed in 3K ! by WobblyElvis @ 35 minutes 6 seconds ago

Is the throttle valve covered in oil? If so, the engine is ingesting oil from the PCV system and the rings may be allowing too much blow-by. If the air filter has been changed in the last couple of years and looks clean, I doubt it is causing probl
Jump to new posts Re: postal LLV wiper switch arm broke off by t1snwrbrdr12 @ 36 minutes 0 seconds ago

There's a little cover at the column behind the multi function switch. Pop it off. Then take your hose pick and poke the back of the multifunction switch. You'll see the little silver stem that remains of the stalk. Poke it hard and it'll shoot out.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I got 'spoofed' ! by Schmoe @ 37 minutes 54 seconds ago

When I get a cell phone call, and I don't recognize the number, I just don't answer it. They can leave voice mail. Use to get a bunch of telemarketers and that other junk on my cell. Started doing that and within about 6 months, no more calls. I
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Real Motorcycle Dealers vs. "Power Sports" Dealers by gman2304 @ 42 minutes 7 seconds ago

LR,.....You do realize what you just done...right? LOL!
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >