1 minute 1 second ago
Exhaust paste or silicone?
by BMWTurboDzl
52 minutes 5 seconds ago
(4) Virgin Filters Cut-(2)FL400S-L14476
-PH7317

by DirtyMoe21
Today at 07:30 AM
Synthetic Blends, redemption through dexos?
by wemay
Today at 07:04 AM
New job needed, territory sales desired
by Chris Meutsch
Today at 06:52 AM
PPM calculations
by HighMileCummins
Today at 01:56 AM
Overheard at Toyota
by bobbob
Today at 01:39 AM
10/21-11/17 AutoZone Ad
by tenderloin
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Digital Pop Star Round 2: Hatsune Miku in 'Murrica
by Nick R
Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Driving on a metal grate
by y_p_w
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Seem like antique old school guy dont give a rat .
by MetalSlug
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
lubegard power care 2 stroke oil and reconditioner
by fixit301
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
Newest Members
l1tech, greyghost, banderso, ovidiu, joeymaker
51648 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (AandPDan, AITG, 2004tdigls, A_Harman, 147_Grain, 10 invisible), 1463 Guests and 210 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51648 Members
64 Forums
220990 Topics
3492857 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Rotella "blend" is often available at a very good price at Wally and it's diesel rated.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New job needed, territory sales desired by Nick R @ 39 seconds ago

Time Warner is almost always hiring direct sales reps if you can tolerate working for them. Benefits are good too.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Direct Injection Problems by badtlc @ 49 seconds ago

Does the lexus have the hybrid DI setup?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Exhaust paste or silicone? by BMWTurboDzl @ 1 minute 30 seconds ago

Walker? I'll take a look.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: "Harley sound" with twin lawmower engines by gman2304 @ 1 minute 32 seconds ago

I've been through Harleys York,Pa factory tour and SOME of the parts are made in other countries. Anyone who says that 95% of Harley parts are made in China/Japan is either misinformed, embellishing, or flat out lying! About 50% of my John Deere JX75
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts A few Newegg anti-virus deals... by Hokiefyd @ 1 minute 56 seconds ago

Kaspersky for three PCs: free after $35 MIR (code EMCWPHW28) AVG Ultimate 2015 (unlimited devices for 2 years): $49.99 (code EMCWPHW37) Both include free shipping.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cost to service drum brakes? by Trav @ 4 minutes 36 seconds ago

Nothing very difficult about drum brakes. When i first started in the business drums front and rear were still common on many used cars. The disc equipped cars were almost exclusively up front (Corvette and a few other sport cars were an exception)
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Ram EcoDiesel Questions by A_Harman @ 4 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ac_tc But for diesels rules have changed dramatically the last 10 years and the v8 Cummins isnt one of them modern "super" diesels that the vm is. "Super" in what respect?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Drained Fluid - Plug Was Fillled by Greasymechtech @ 5 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2sld3kf2btIf you do a quick google search, it seems late model Odyssey's do not have a filter, but do have magnetic drain plugs. And I'm a French supermodel. Change the inline or cartridge ATF filter. If your dealer is too
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Pop Star Round 2: Hatsune Miku in 'Murrica by Nick R @ 7 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: The_EricNick, is the the voice real, or cg? I should clarify a bit. The software used to create her voice, vocaloid by Yamaha, had it's original Japanese syllables recorded by a Japanese singer: Satomi Sato. People who purch
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: MotorKote by John_Conrad @ 12 minutes 10 seconds ago

Does anyone know what is in motorkote? I found this old thread but not much info, unless if i missed something. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1725285 I know that some ingredients are proprietary and we
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 185/60/15 for yaris sedan- suggestions? by pandus13 @ 14 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Miller88The CS4s are a good tire, but really bad in the heavy, wet snow we get here in Central NY. You can turn fine; there is a lot of lateral traction. Just don't try to start or stop. i sold the car with the CS4's, but my fi
Jump to new posts Re: Driving on a metal grate by doitmyself @ 15 minutes 8 seconds ago

Our mighty Mac bridge has several thousand feet of grates 200 ft. above the water. It's pretty cool walking across it. About 25 years ago a YUGO was blown over the rails: " Later investigation showed the driver had stopped her car over the open
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: How long to develop a tire? by HangFire @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: used_0il I'll guess $100 million per tire size from start to finish to develop, build molds, test and inventory the major warehouses in North America alone. $100M per tire size?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Has Audi's reliability improved? by Jimzz @ 18 minutes 29 seconds ago

Just read the letter audi gave for the extended warranty, it does NOT cover the carbon issue on the valves or intake. It only extended the warranty on the secondary air ports, and only reason is because those are considered part of the emissions sys
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge Syntec 0W-20, 0W-30 BC, 0W-40 GC by SLO_Town @ 18 minutes 31 seconds ago

Hello All: Ryan Stark from Blackstone told me they'd rerun the samples. No charge, and they'll do it today. Awesome! Scott
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: PPM calculations by SVTCobra @ 18 minutes 46 seconds ago

I got relatively the same answer but a lot simpler. 5000 ppm X 5 quarts = 25000 ppm. 25000 ppm divided by 6 quarts = 4167 ppm.
Jump to new posts Re: Overheard at Toyota by supton @ 20 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Miller88But if you have someone do it ... it is not cheap. Sunday, a friend brought his Accord by because it was making a noise. Turns out the pads were completely gone and starting to eat into the rotor. It has the integrated
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by Benzadmiral @ 22 minutes 6 seconds ago

Aquariuscm, I never knew Terry Stafford had ever done anything beyond "Suspicion," and certainly not "Amarillo." Fascinating stuff.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to get liquid out of aerosol can by leeharvey418 @ 22 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4 Because sparks and light oil are a fantastic combination...
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: (4) Virgin Filters Cut-(2)FL400S-L14476-PH7317 by bullwinkle @ 23 minutes 47 seconds ago

Looks good, happy to see the glued seams on the FL-400S. Cutter looks like it does a nice job, too.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Corolla 1/2 quart too much ATF? by Greasymechtech @ 24 minutes 18 seconds ago

Hot level check is a must. Cold level check is just to give you a safe level for the warmup drive to get to the hot level. Drain/refill amounts will vary with time allowed to drain, and vehicle level(on ground, on front or rear ramps, single corner
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Day Dreaming by racer12306 @ 25 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CT8Originally Posted By: racer12306Another day dreaming session: Build a front engine dragster from scratch. An injected 392 Hemi would be super cool, but expensive. I think a 396BBC would be plenty of fun. For the same price
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Are there any benefits to using gas additives. by kschachn @ 25 minutes 53 seconds ago

Can you explain what exactly in the "upper cylinder" is being lubricated and how the additve "really cleans things up"? How is that being accomplished in a DI engine? I don't really see what needs lubricating in a non-DI engine e
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Seem like antique old school guy dont give a rat . by OVERKILL @ 31 minutes 14 seconds ago

To echo another poster, I don't think it matters. These cars usually have poor air filtration/no air filtration too and don't get driven a whole heck of a lot. These aren't cars that are being DD'd to work and racking up hundreds of thousands of mile
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >