by ClutchDisc
04/16/14 08:39 PM
19 year old arrested due to using Heartbleed
by OVERKILL
04/16/14 08:36 PM
Capacity variation
by Sonataman
04/16/14 08:28 PM
GDI Turbo SUV driving style, make a difference?
by wemay
04/16/14 08:04 PM
2008 jetta rear brake job question
by raaizin
04/16/14 07:40 PM
Fram Extended Guard at Walmart
by Cristobal
04/16/14 07:36 PM
Newest Members
navynuke, AndrewX, UncleLee, dwreefs, turbomond
49598 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (901Memphis, bdcardinal, BigCahuna, Astro14, 1 FMF, 01_celica_gt, 6 invisible), 1471 Guests and 209 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49598 Members
64 Forums
211982 Topics
3322318 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-40 All year round? by panthermike @ 1 minute 58 seconds ago

Use the 5w40 without issue if Hyundai says you can. IMO Gokhans experience of 7% loss of fuel economy is very unusual. Around 1-2% would be more realistic.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 3 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteThen why doesn't this document make a single mention of it? Strange. http://www.oilspecifications.org/bmw.php LL-01 applies to post-'02 BMW's so it looks like this operating fluids document is on point think I
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by wkcars @ 9 minutes 33 seconds ago

I've had the prk in 2005, seeing better than 20/20. There's no guarantees on your results though, and you may still need glasses when you get older. There's lasik and prk, with pros and cons to each. Some vision/health insurance plans may even cover
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Best rider in $2000 range by FastGame @ 10 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sciphiDoes your lawn need a larger mower, or can a smaller machine with more bells and whistles do the job? I could get by just fine with what you bought, fact is my mower still works great so I don't need a new one. I just w
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Want new NYS plates. by redhat @ 11 minutes 56 seconds ago

I went to the DMV today with the form filled out (and the 'lost' box checked). I turned in both plates. Sure, I could have probably kept one plate home and got a new set for free and kept a plate for my wall. Dilemma was that I drove the Accord to
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Airing up tires by fordranger03 @ 14 minutes 28 seconds ago

Wow, I didn't expect this many responses. I'll look a bit further into all of them. What's the deal with water from some pumps? This is the first I've heard of this. How do I eliminate water from getting into the tires?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: anxiety in public places by dparm @ 18 minutes 47 seconds ago

You need to seek professional help. It could be something like agoraphobia or enochlobphobia, which people can definitely develop over time. These conditions are treatable with counseling and/or medication.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble booting off of a USB/DVD by ClutchDisc @ 23 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mattwithcatsIs that a CD/DVD drive or just a CD drive / player? Yea it is a CD/DVD drive. But it wouldn't recognize a music CD so there is definitely something wrong there.
Jump to new posts Re: Splash De-Bug Windshield Washer Fluid? by mattwithcats @ 23 minutes 40 seconds ago

Five to ten drops of Dawn dishwashing soap in the washer fluid tank, presto...
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Motorcraft FL-910S cut open - Kohler 25hp engine by jeepman3071 @ 24 minutes 50 seconds ago

This is a Motorcraft FL-910s filter from the 25 hp Kohler V-Twin on my John Deere rider. The filter was in use for 1 year, and about 100 hours. The only odd thing I noticed was that the ADBV seemed a bit stiff for being silicone, but otherwise the
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: what is friction modifer/limited slip additive? by MolaKule @ 26 minutes 28 seconds ago

Quote:why would i choose one of those versus something off the shelf at walmart or whatever's at the local parts store? If you are asking for a recommendation, I would choose whatever is local and the cheapest.
Jump to new posts Re: restored lawn boy 2 cycle by spasm3 @ 32 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DonaldIs the goal to mow grass or own a vintage lawn mower? I think 2 cycle should be reserved for things you hold and carry the weight like chain saws, blowers, weed whackers. At least as far as OPE goes. Maybe both. In this
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: 19 year old arrested due to using Heartbleed by Rolla07 @ 35 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakIf he's frightened about exam time, he should have been preparing for his exams, rather than hacking from his own IP. If he was smart he would of used a different ip for hacking. I would of hacked to get answers to the e
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: tool selection/ advice for new technician by Merkava_4 @ 36 minutes 52 seconds ago

I wouldn't get the SO nut drivers - they're too square. Nut drivers need to be round so you can spin them real fast. I'd recommend either Klein, Wiha, or PB Swiss.
Jump to new posts Re: Tail of the Dragon next week by Rolla07 @ 39 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TRTail of the Dragon is very popular among the hardcore drivers. We don't have exactly the same but Highway 1 or PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) from LA to San Francisco is a very good drive too. Hwy 1 was intense..my neck wa
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do i clean the egr valve on my 95 buick centur by The_Eric @ 39 minutes 51 seconds ago

I personally feel that yonyon nailed it.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: MK3 Ford Focus Coolant Issues? by PratoN @ 41 minutes 26 seconds ago

For anyone following, I think I narrowed it down to a leaking hose (it was actually the "cool" hose after the heater core that goes to the thermostat housing/water pump) There's some white residue above the clamp (not one that can be tight
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: injector cleaning. by michaelluscher @ 43 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TravI know a lot of the info is directly from Phil at ASNU in England and used with permission. Any ASNU service center can use it. Ahh, A common source of information, That explains it My bad
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: '06 Toyota Highlander Base 2.4 2wd by Danno @ 46 minutes 35 seconds ago

Hope the wife is OK. No idea on the bolts.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: How bad is short tripping for a diesel engine? by Hullthumper @ 47 minutes 36 seconds ago

I cannot speak from experience with diesel automobiles, but I have a fair amount of experience with marine diesels and I feel that short tripping a diesel car or truck would be similar to the type of use that many diesels in sailboats receive. They
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan oil filters by cronk @ 48 minutes 1 second ago

The link Sayjac links to above was one I cut open. It is one of the Mexican made ones Nissan started using about a year and a half ago. I was happy with their construction, metal end caps, silicone adbv. Pleats were spaced evenly and media was reaso
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Gmail question by ToyotaNSaturn @ 48 minutes 26 seconds ago

[quote=dparm] Exactly. Why should I waste 5GB+ of hard drive space to keep local copies? It's Google's problem to keep it safe, not mine. [/quote Until they lose your email, then, if you're really lucky, you'll receive a "We're sorry about your
Jump to new posts Re: Compression that high? by old1 @ 49 minutes 55 seconds ago

Ok, it is not normal, and I am 99 % sure that you do not have the full compression relief you should have. I am afraid to cure the problem you will have to remove the head, and the valve cover door to access the valves. Clean carbon, and check tapp
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Crazy Am I? by hattaresguy @ 50 minutes 43 seconds ago

Winner takes all, that's how to make money in business. Good for you!
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Asus Nexus7 Tablet Users? by ToyotaNSaturn @ 51 minutes 46 seconds ago

Have a Nexus 7 gen2. A very nice tablet. Just big enough, just small enough. Has both the 5Ghz and usual 2.4Ghz wireless network bands, a nice touch. I've heard of battery & main board problems but thankfully haven't seen these issues. Yo
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >