by ledslinger
03/30/15 04:18 AM
oil spec data
by SLATRON
03/30/15 01:37 AM
Honda 22 Year Old Lead Engineer !
by HTSS_TR
03/30/15 12:42 AM
full fluid replace + Lubegard. Results timeframe?
by henrys_dad
03/29/15 11:24 PM
My phone don't notice my sim card no mo'
by daves66nova
03/29/15 11:10 PM
Buick Rivera Salvage title on Ebay
by clarkflower
03/29/15 10:43 PM
Tenant Called Said His Oil Is Full Of Anti Freeze
by crazyoildude
03/29/15 10:36 PM
Best filter for an infrequently used vehicle?
by The Critic
03/29/15 10:34 PM
Risilone review
by Indiana79
03/29/15 09:57 PM
M1 filter question
by Billiam
03/29/15 09:55 PM
2008 Accord Rear rotor pulsing AGAIN
by Brybo86
03/29/15 09:44 PM
Neat Leaf Commercial
by montero1
03/29/15 09:41 PM
Newest Members
fly4food84, 91er, Bear49, Dougsts, Gokatta
53365 Registered Users
Who's Online
28 registered (AdamC, asiancivicmaniac, Blasar, B320i, bruno, bobbydavro, 3 invisible), 568 Guests and 173 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53365 Members
66 Forums
228896 Topics
3657987 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Gearbox failure post mortem by AdamC @ 2 minutes 40 seconds ago

ISO - What would you be looking for down the microscope, and what measurements would you take and compare? My hope is to have some basic instructions so the next time a box is broken I can take a look at the remains.
Grease
Jump to new posts Honda Pro Moly 60 Paste has been replaced by ledslinger @ 6 minutes 47 seconds ago

Now called M-77 Assembly Paste 08798-9010. At $18.65/2.5 oz, it's only $955/gallon.
Gas Engine Alternate Fuels
Jump to new posts Re: What is this, alkyl sulfonate, ester or mineral oi by Shannow @ 8 minutes 0 seconds ago

Yeah, water water and methylated spirits petrol petrol and methylated spirits (no petrol and water emulsion) as yet.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: quality of spark by Lubener @ 10 minutes 41 seconds ago

You are dealing with several thousand volts of energy, other than noise suppression, you will not see any performance differences by going with non resistive plugs.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: oil leak by Lubener @ 17 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoogSkip that and put some high mileage 10w40 in it and see what happens. But first check the warranty on the engine. If you bought it with a credit card you may have double warranty coverage. Just get a new gasket. Probably t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: oil spec data by Lovemyrides @ 19 minutes 21 seconds ago

Bump!!!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best bang for the buck oil filter? by Lubener @ 22 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7enTough Guard, WIX or NAPA Gold offer best value, since they are trusted when used for my 2nd consecutive OCI (6+6) Unscrew the used filter after 6K, remove the old oil contents - add more oil to the gasket and reinst
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: what is this inside my fram ultras :( help by Motorking @ 22 minutes 51 seconds ago

Boys, I am checking into this and will post shortly. Stand by
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tenant Called Said His Oil Is Full Of Anti Freeze by Olas @ 23 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LubenerOriginally Posted By: 901MemphisI'm sure you can re build it Probably ruined the engine by driving it so long.. I wouldn't waste the money on a 19 year old car. Mending what you have isn't a waste of money, it's an i
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best filter for an infrequently used vehicle? by Voltmaster @ 32 minutes 48 seconds ago

My mother also drives very low miles each year, I am talking 2-4k/year. I use ultra + any synth blend change it once a year. I wouldnt worry about 6 mon/12 mon OCI for warranty proposes. They are likely to complain about non Nissan Oil + filter, oil
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Rivera Salvage title on Ebay by eljefino @ 58 minutes 37 seconds ago

You have to buy an Autocheck report now? I thought those came free with ebay listings. I'd be suspicious just because they washed and waxed the heap before photographing it. There's a fool in every transaction, if you can't find him, look in the m
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: how to handle a poor product and poor service by eljefino @ Today at 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROne of several reasons for using credit card for these type of large purchases of more than few hundreds dollars. Anything wrong with merchandise within 30 days you can charge back. Isn't it 30 days of your statement d
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Rislone review by Char Baby @ Today at 02:52 AM

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...ne.#Post3680637
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: BND Quantum Blue vs Mobile 1 EP - 2007 Charger 5.7 by Greasymechtech @ Today at 01:59 AM

Oil looks thick for a 20 grade. UOA data isnt as accurate as one wants to believe. Try Mobil1 5w30HM. TBN would he interesting. I don't see any reason to use BND regardless of the marketing, advertising, brainwashing...
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: BMW advice by d00df00d @ Today at 01:47 AM

Same story with my dad. Couldn't even fathom the idea that a car could be anything but A-to-B transportation, until he got his 128i. Now he legitimately loves driving.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: '90s Mobil 1 Million-Mile Test by B320i @ Today at 01:42 AM

I figured I would reply to this thread, rather than make a new one. I recently saw this video, and was intrigued about the premise of the test. They mention the test ran for 4 years, and a million miles. People here are questioning whether the test
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Use a squeegee to dry a car? by hpb @ Today at 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Vikaswhy? that is the best way to dry the car as it is touch-less drying. Yes, no doubt. But the mental image of a guy drying his car with a leaf blower is amusing to me
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Honda 22 Year Old Lead Engineer ! by The Critic @ Today at 01:24 AM

I hate to say it, but experience does not always equal expertise.
Jump to new posts Re: DIY..Brake Rotor Resurfacing by ac_tc @ Today at 01:20 AM

It actually works well if your rotors arent warped. The amount of removed material is small. And using the Engine to spin the Wheel doesent mean that you have to be above idle, the Engine easily do this at idle. - be careful if you have a differentia
Jump to new posts Re: full fluid replace + Lubegard. Results timeframe? by Greasymechtech @ Today at 01:15 AM

http://www.sonnax.com/parts/3527 http://www.transgo.com/products.php?prd=...p;product_id=61 Might be time for new solenoids or one of the above VB kits. http://valvebodyxpress.com/products.php?theId=20 http://www.sonnax.com/articles/209-AW-55-50-A
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix by Garak @ Today at 12:56 AM

That, too, was strange. Maybe it's his way of protesting the rule.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Iron deficiency. by Garak @ Today at 12:53 AM

Floradix is a good iron supplement available in the Canadian Old Fashioned Foods chain, if they have that in Manitoba. I used to take it when I did my long distance running.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone explain why Harley recommends a diesel by Robenstein @ Today at 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: pwr2towOriginally Posted By: BigCahunaAnd if it's 72 degrees out, you find yourself 1 qt low on oil and you go into the local Quickee Mart for a qt of "recommended " oil , and can only find Rotella T 15/40 wt oil. Prob
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
I own an NC750SA (the naked version that the US doesn't get), and I use a Penrite car oil in mine, a 5w30 JASO MA approved full synthetic, with a Honda filter. The oil is half the price of the genuine Honda stuff. Doesn't use a drop, gear shift quali
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Re: test for posting PL14610 filter pics by HTSS_TR @ Today at 12:46 AM

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >