by chevman4life
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
Good filters for 2013 kia sorento 3.5L
by Alltherage
Yesterday at 09:29 PM
Rust-Oleum Restore
by OneEyeJack
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
20w50 or 15w40 Brad Penn year round in Chicago?
by cnowak1
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Newest Members
Patrick0525, offroad1, cnowak1, Dave13, HuskyPilot
50737 Registered Users
Who's Online
25 registered (chriscreags, angldemn, CELICA_XX, 147_Grain, Bandito440, 4 invisible), 956 Guests and 247 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50737 Members
64 Forums
216699 Topics
3410771 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Biology and Chemistry by dave1251 @ 3 minutes 46 seconds ago

I agree with both posts.
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Connections: A Special Material and its Chemistry by Ken42 @ 4 minutes 25 seconds ago

A spiders web is silk
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Want to buy a Buick 3800 by dave1251 @ 6 minutes 17 seconds ago

There are certain GM 3800's I would just stay away from. http://www.edmunds.com/car-safety/details-of-gm-s-3800-model-engine-recall.html
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Good filters for 2013 kia sorento 3.5L by Ken42 @ 8 minutes 33 seconds ago

I third OEM they are good built like a brick [censored] house and cheap
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW 502 to 504 really worth it? by Mathson @ 16 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIXVery interesting links there. Took me a while to read but good info. The guy was basically saying to use a group 4 or higher oil since they produce less carbon build up. Well I think that's one of the reasons w
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RJ Reynolds ordered to pay Robinson $25 billion by dave1251 @ 17 minutes 36 seconds ago

My personal favorite argument from pot smokers is a joint is safer than a cigarette. http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/respiratoryeffects.htm "A 2011 systematic review of the research concluded that long-term marijuana smoking is associat
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5w-30 in 2014 Camry 2AR-FE by Shannow @ 18 minutes 1 second ago

So Ford do not "believe" that the 5W20 is competent for the entire spectrum of performance that their "stock" engine is capable of producing, and have introduced safeties, limiting output in certain conditions....safeties that are
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Escape Lower control Arms - Dorman or Moog? by daves87rs @ 22 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TravYes pop the arm and press them out. Easy enough and a lot cheaper plus you know the original arm tracks properly. Win Win for you and the guy who buys it. I'll take my own good refurbed OE arm over an aftermarket any day.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone try a HKS filter? by CELICA_XX @ 23 minutes 21 seconds ago

Just doing a bit of research on these filters... I discovered they have a neodymium magnet inside the filter. I am not aware of any other filter which has this.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Rented a Prius by LazyPrizm @ 24 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: edwardh1what does the replacement big battery cost? A good question, one which is discussed quite extensively in the first 5 pages of this very thread!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ten years ago today by UncleS2 @ 55 minutes 46 seconds ago

Wow, didn't expect so many responses. I smoked, with a few short non-permanent stops along the way, for about 30 yrs. Quit the afternoon of Friday, July 23, 2004. It probably helped that I had a fairly bad summer chest cold at the time. As far as
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Calling all the FLM SUV Owners who need Tissues by michaelluscher @ 57 minutes 20 seconds ago

I see. I just checked their stock No 839, No 2007, 1 FL-822. To be fair, it's not a common vehicle, and not many are going to Ford dealers for oil changes, but two coming in one day is a good possibility, and all it takes is someone to drop tha
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Removing rust from tools. by Darwin1138 @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

In the instructable they used a 1.5 A charger, my ATX PSU delivers a maximum output current of 17 A. I didn't measured it but I doubt that I was using so much power. I think that if you use more current you overcome the limitation of only cleaning
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Twisted damper fork with holes not lined up? by paulo57509 @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Typical Honda double wishbone suspension: Double Wishbone Suspension Item # 15/16 is the fork Panda is referencing. The top of the fork is attached to the bottom of the strut with a pinch bolt (Item #20). The fork attaches to the lower arm with
Jump to new posts Re: 20w50 or 15w40 Brad Penn year round in Chicago? by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

If your car's cooling system is functional there's no reason to use a thicker oil in the summer. Your engine operates at the same temperature regardless once up to temperature. Use Mobil 1 0w40
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Turbo 2.0L 4cylinders - Beat V6s? (Ecoboost, etc.) by adolan21 @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

In my VW GTI with a 2.0L turbo motor I get consistently 27-28 mpg with 5% to 0% highway. Great immediate torque and great gearbox (DSG) makes for an efficient car. 0 to 60 is probably 6.5 seconds.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rust-Oleum Restore by GreeCguy @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

I used it on my front porch - concrete slab. True, it does not go far, but I was very pleased with the results - it really spruced up my porch and filled in some minor cracks. I was so impressed, I used it on a small wooden deck - results not as go
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts One Plus One Phone Invites Anyone? by gr8gatzby @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

I'm in the market for a new phone and the new One Plus One is the one for me. They are available via invite only and although I'm signed up on the waiting list, I've no idea how deep in the queue. Anyone here with an invite to sell or share with me?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: War in Ukraine by OVERKILL @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

I was watching the hornet nest poking after our talks of you stirring it up a little in here, figuring that's about as far as you'd take it with the Obama and Putin stuff and then you posted the infowars (and associated) links and I was roaring over
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru Outback Oil Consumption... Without a Trace by actionstan @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

No doubt you are burning oil, likely worn, or gummed piston rings.. let's face it your engine has 285k miles at this point drive it til it dies, keep the oil topped off. My Saturn burns oil at the same rate as your Subaru roughly.. a little slower.
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Not Quite Ready For Craigslist by abycat @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Nice car. 10000 sounds like a good deal. especially since up here people are selling their 1990's junk for close to that.
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: What bike (s) do you have? by teddyboy @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: dailydriverOriginally Posted By: teddyboyGuru New Steel Trek OCLV 5500 Eddy Merckx Titanium AX Schwinn Paramount (1994 model last year built in Waterford) Serotta Columbus SP 1983 year model ^^^NICE!! When I started racing a
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Campy crank threads L. or R. thread? by teddyboy @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

[quote=oliveoil]The bolts that hold the crank arm on are 14 or 15mm and are regular right threaded. But you need a "crank arm puller" to take the crank arms off. Then the Bottom bracket (BB) can be disassembled. You will need some bottom br
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Acceptance Criteria by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Silly putty?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cut open: ACDelco PF63 with 6,069 miles by barkingspider @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

That's why I use AC delco filters
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >