04/24/14 08:11 AM
carquest 5w30 full synthetic
by waltywalt
04/24/14 08:03 AM
Newest Members
Rage2010, FenderGuy53, chevlvr, ashnlopez, venki
49688 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (99Saturn, 440Magnum, 04SE, 2oldtommy, 2012AccentSE, 901Memphis, 12 invisible), 1857 Guests and 175 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49688 Members
64 Forums
212363 Topics
3329233 Posts

Max Online: 2651 @ 04/21/14 04:38 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
2009 Toro mower. Out, Edge 10W-30. In, Edge 10W-30. Gold bottle. 10 hours on the oil.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Received an email from Purolator by Nate1979 @ 59 seconds ago

Can anyone provide a link to a filter with a tear in the last few years that is not Purolator? I can't remember seeing any tears in the last few years since I have been reading this site.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Cdn Tire Sale by Smokescreen @ 5 minutes 2 seconds ago

Now they have the Motomaster Formula 1 Syn on sale for $20 for 5L..much better deal
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum vs Ultra by Lex94 @ 6 minutes 23 seconds ago

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum: Unsurpassed Wear Protection: No other leading motor oil provides Ultra better protection from friction. (Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30) There....Fixed it for them...Marketing twits...geeeez
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: newer tire in the back arguement by geeman789 @ 8 minutes 16 seconds ago

Costco won't put new tires on front for one reason...liability. In North America, it works like this... if you understeer off the road and crash, it is the drivers fault, you were going too fast for conditions... If you spin, it is the cars fault..
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: C4 in place of C3? by edyvw @ 10 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bigjlOriginally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteThere is a lubrication engineer on another forum that I frequent. He works on performing the actual tests on oil in order to determine compliance with some of th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hawaiian Airlines Flight 45 by Trajan @ 11 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: TrajanSecurity was lax. Nothing more. And it isn't like this hasn't happened before. Don't see why some have to make a big conspiracy theory out of it. Agreed. "The boy told authorities that he
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What oil filter for remote mount ATF application? by Dufus2 @ 12 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: scoob8000I'm going to get the adapter that takes a PH8A equivalent and look at the Wix Hydraulic filters at my napa. Dufus2, Does your B&M mount call for a PH8A style filter and that Wix PN fits it? I just compared the ga
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Adding SSD to a 6-year-old desktop? by uc50ic4more @ 12 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: VirtuosoClone the drive? Don't you want to completely re-install when upgrading to an SSD though? I thought for it to be treated properly you'd need to (I haven't crossed that bridge yet.. I'm waiting for a drive to die). If
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cut Open - Purolator Pure One PL20195 by Wilhelm_D @ 18 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixYour "crusade" saying big holes in the media is just fine and nothing to worry about is totally asinine. Asinine is characterizing small slits as "big holes". Purolator has acknowledged hearing about
Jump to new posts Re: Best rider in $2000 range by user52165 @ 22 minutes 31 seconds ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191147211500?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649 I don't know this guy from Adam, I'm 3000 miles away, no dog in the fight, and don't need it. But I know Honda generators and OPE. I have 2 Honda mowers fro
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Air Hog - what happened to them? by Wilhelm_D @ 24 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: copcarguyI seem to remember these from maybe 10 years ago as a K&N competitor? I then looked for the re-oil kits but I guess the Air Hog's were a short lived thing... For under $7 I can use it like a regular paper filter b
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Moving, BITOG style... by sciphi @ 26 minutes 0 seconds ago

That reminds me of my recent move. Except it was liquor boxes, since the local liquor stores want to give them away instead of paying for hauling them off.
Jump to new posts Re: First Impressions - Deere D105 by sciphi @ 28 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HM12460Nice looking machine. How did you get it on and off your trailer? For getting on, the store had a set of ramps. 3 folks pushed it up the ramps onto the trailer. For getting it off, I tilted the trailer slightly onto a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valve job pics by bullwinkle @ 29 minutes 0 seconds ago

Even those of us who are not certified/pro mechanics know better than to mix up pushrods like that-all it takes is a shoebox or similar with holes punched in it & marked to keep them organized. I'd be concerned with dirt getting into the disassem
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Blinking 3rd Brake Light - Great Product #2 by Hokiefyd @ 34 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladNevertheless, I doubt the dealer is installing/ selling something illegal to use. They (dealerships in general) do it all the time. They typically charge between $150 and $300 for it.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram TG4386 cut open by Keto @ 39 minutes 19 seconds ago

Cardboard vs. metal end-caps... yeah, real hard to tell which one should be in a 'premium' priced filter lol... K
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Pork Brine! by dave123 @ 40 minutes 53 seconds ago

No need to brine I don't over cook
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Fluid Flush by Kiwi_ME @ 43 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt... I finally understand that it is a required fluid change. During this whole time my uncle who also maintains his own cars kept asking me why are you doing this and that I shouldn't do this as I'm wasting time &
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Car - start up by Brent_G @ 45 minutes 51 seconds ago

Could also be from the fuel. On our Hemi we spin it over for 5 seconds before we throw spark to it. Trying to start without doing so results a few cylinders hitting a bit and a dead starter. Need a lot of fuel to light a big fire. When you hit the s
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trash pickers by Fleetmon @ 46 minutes 4 seconds ago

Anytime we have something of use to put out (bathroom vanity that we replaced, small computer desk, microwave - marked works, free) we just set it out by the road and the stuff is always gone by the next morning. We've also noticed some stuff we dee
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 1978 Ford LTD 351M QSGB 10w-30 2800 miles by vintageant @ 46 minutes 11 seconds ago

Agree with others. Diesel 15/40, CI, if you can find, is preferable over CJ
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State Green bottle question by vtecboy @ 56 minutes 3 seconds ago

Thanks for the replies. The wrecked car was a mitsubishi galant. trunk got stuck from the impact in the rear of the car. So i was the first to get to it. i also found a pair of mechanic gloves,some tools and jumper cables,and some baby stuff like dia
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommended for 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo ? by riggaz @ 58 minutes 22 seconds ago

I can't imagine that 5W30 is recommended Try not to use your imagination, use the data supplied by the engineers in the manual. If you email Lamborghini direct (not a dealer), they have to tell you because of freedom of information.
Jump to new posts Re: Broke trans dipstick tube! What to do? by The_Eric @ 58 minutes 54 seconds ago

Either replace the tube or get handy and solder or braze it back together. Done many.
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >