Recent Topics
Fram TG3506 cut open 5500 miles
by jmb3675
12 minutes 19 seconds ago
Why do T6 gallons not have batch/date markings?
by mrsilv04
18 minutes 16 seconds ago
Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-20 Motor Oil- Feel Me!
by AirgunSavant
19 minutes 46 seconds ago
Valvoline Hat Rebate 2015 and More
by anl0109
39 minutes 59 seconds ago
Cyclone Oil Separator
by Snoman002
44 minutes 10 seconds ago
OBD II bluetooth/android
by Taildragger
Today at 09:00 PM
How Hobbyists Should Buy Auto Parts -Future Sticky
by macarose
Today at 08:12 PM
Silverado converter vacuum to hydroboost brakes
by EvanD
Today at 08:09 PM
Portable air compressor?
by FirstNissan
Today at 08:00 PM
Anyone rennet when M1 15w50 came out?
by car51
Today at 07:47 PM
Mazda3 noise after rear brake/rotor install
by Blumurder
Today at 07:45 PM
Tesla motor
by OneEyeJack
Today at 07:43 PM
Newest Members
ryanm8, csammons, TOYJOETA, be3, Earl_Von_Syntec
54893 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (Bandito440, andyd, AirgunSavant, asiancivicmaniac, 3800Series, 10 invisible), 1560 Guests and 92 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54893 Members
66 Forums
235147 Topics
3782888 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cooling your engine after driving? by DoubleWasp @ 40 seconds ago

Yeah, I do this, then I draw the shades, hide the ski mask, and start counting. Seriously? Traffic is going to fry your engine bay like an egg compared to after-shutdown. I'm going well over 100k miles in FL, without a single solitary cooldown with
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-20 Motor Oil- Feel Me! by ExMachina @ 1 minute 36 seconds ago

The feel me? I'm not feeling it. What in the world were they comparing their oil to? To get those striated marks on the surface like that, you'd have to use canola oil with sand in it.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by slacktide_bitog @ 1 minute 52 seconds ago

I wouldn't be surprised.
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil fans? Here's the selection at my Autozone by slacktide_bitog @ 3 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: scusemez28my Menards has QS Horsepower synthetic from 2007,wouldn`t discount it.they told me people still buy it. ooo clear bottles!
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: How Hobbyists Should Buy Auto Parts -Future Sticky by DeepFriar @ 3 minutes 34 seconds ago

Understood. I was on Hagartys earlier planning future poverty. Your buying and selling wisdom will be the most benefit to us here. Looking forward to it.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: least expensive usable oil filter? by BikeWhisperer @ 4 minutes 4 seconds ago

If your a 3k-5k OCI guy, then just go with Wix made house brand filters like Napa Proselect/Silver, Microguard, etc. Fram Extra-Guard would be just fine too. Not a fan of Purolator made filters due to the well documented media tear issues, but most l
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone rennet when M1 15w50 came out? by Win @ 6 minutes 18 seconds ago

I might still have some red cap and silver cap at the warehouse of junk. I used to use 15/50 in the Xj12. I don't recall there being any special rarity or anything like that.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Power steering low pressure return line by DoubleWasp @ 9 minutes 9 seconds ago

It'll do it on its own. Plenty of turns lock to lock will help.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: It's 1992- Which of these do you choose and why? by Win @ 12 minutes 39 seconds ago

None of the above.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Fram TG3506 cut open 5500 miles by jmb3675 @ 13 minutes 7 seconds ago

Fram TG3506, 5500 miles from the 2000 Cavalier with a 2.4 using Defy 5w-30. This engine seems to be really hard on filters. I replaced it with a Mobil-1 filter this time. After the Mobil-1 I think I will try a Fram Ultra. Maybe the wire backed medi
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Portable air compressor? by EdwardC @ 13 minutes 27 seconds ago

A trick you can use if the compressor is at the edge of blowing the fuse is to leave the chuck disconnected to the tire and turn on the compressor. Once it's started up and spinning, then connect it to the tire. It's the initial start up that can dra
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tesla motor by Merkava_4 @ 15 minutes 2 seconds ago

Mercedes makes the electric motor for Tesla ?
Jump to new posts Re: Advance Auto Parts Oil Special Scam by cptbarkey @ 15 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2highYou guys are so incredibly retarded. you must have not read how to make friends and influence people.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Why do T6 gallons not have batch/date markings? by mrsilv04 @ 19 minutes 4 seconds ago

Why do Rotella T6 5w-40 gallons not have batch/date markings on the jug, when the quarts do? Looked at two different stores. Gallons in both didn't have markings, but quarts did. ???
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline Hat Rebate 2015 and More by macarose @ 20 minutes 7 seconds ago

They have a $20 rebate available if you visit their web site and watch a LOT of videos.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: OBD II bluetooth/android by EdwardC @ 20 minutes 20 seconds ago

I had one of those cheaper $~10 little blue dongles, it worked for my Element then stopped connecting after a year or so. Then I got a BAFX OBD2 reader, it's a little more expensive at about $25, but it actually connected to my phone faster and was m
Jump to new posts Re: Would you sacrifice engine life...... by Merkava_4 @ 22 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: expatBut what if you were the manufacturer? I couldn't be a manufacturer because I'm too honest. I couldn't in good conscience recommend people use 0W-20 or 5W-20.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ram drain plug gasket by dishdude @ 26 minutes 22 seconds ago

My experience is American cars have a built in rubber o-ring on the drain plug that lasts the life of the car, imports have a crush washer that needs replaced each time it is removed.
Jump to new posts Re: First oil change at 10,000 miles? by DoubleWasp @ 27 minutes 15 seconds ago

Did first oil change in the little lady's E350 at 13,000 miles. Drain plug had next to nothing on it. Filter looked like this: Inside of the filter mount looked like this: Under the oil fill cap, I saw unstained Delrin guides, clean chain, a
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Charger SRT-8 by Clevy @ 35 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MCompactOriginally Posted By: Clevy You can say that again. I can say in all honesty that when buying vehicles now I look for a hemi. The mds ones sip fuel and mash the loud pedal for a good heart pump. Best of all worlds.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trivia, feel free to add. by cjcride @ 37 minutes 2 seconds ago

Look at the moon tonight, that's a Blue Moon.
Jump to new posts Re: Cyclone Oil Separator by JHZR2 @ 37 minutes 50 seconds ago

My Mercedes diesels use this as an OEM device to catch blowzy from the crankcase and combust the gas while returning the oil to the sump!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ex Top Gear hosts ink deal with Amazon by d00df00d @ 38 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: raytsengOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8Originally Posted By: HerrStigA whole new batch of "Caravans" to destroy. Meanwhile, the BB "we're SOOOOOOOOO correct" C is gonna be out about 40 mil...USD. Bleep em.
Jump to new posts Re: PQIA list of oils banned by certain states. by maximus @ 45 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kira Therefore use of the term "Ghetto oil" makes it sound like you're bigoted. According to who and what?
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by otis24 @ 46 minutes 11 seconds ago

1991 Chevrolet K1500/4.3 V6 engine 4 qts PYB 10W/30, 1 qt Marvel Mystery Oil Purolator Pure One filter
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >