by GMFan
06/29/16 05:20 PM
typical "life" of differential oil?
by TexasTea
06/29/16 04:22 PM
MaxLife Semi Syn 5w-20 vs Castrol HM
by dpaldino
06/29/16 04:10 PM
Vehicles with American contends are shrinking !
by HTSS_TR
06/29/16 04:03 PM
Anybody use Shell Rotella T1 SAE 40 in boats?
by Bgallagher
06/29/16 03:00 PM
"Scrub Radius"
by George Bynum
06/29/16 02:36 PM
Newest Members
jameson223, graywolf001, Likeapogi, 40fordcoupe, stickrpg23
58319 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (another Todd, alphadog, alex_at, addyguy, alcyon, 11 invisible), 1885 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58319 Members
66 Forums
250998 Topics
4114294 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Old house woes by JimPghPA @ 6 minutes 50 seconds ago

We put stock screen doors on the front and back. They were to short for the opening. We just put wood above each door to close in the extra space. No one ever pays any attention to the space above those doors that is closed in by the wood.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: "Scrub Radius" by Tegger @ 9 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: d00df00dIf scrub radius is 0, then the tire pivots around the center of the contact patch as you steer. Yep. Images help a LOT. When Googling for stuff like this, use Google Images, not the default Google Web. Example search:
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy 6.2 Silverado, Shaffer's or Mobile 1 by Crobinson16 @ 9 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: Crobinson16Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: Crobinson16Just because a oil meets or dosent meet spec, dosent mean it's a good or bad oil. Actually, that (it meets the spec) does
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The morality of riding a bike married with kids by 02SE @ 9 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: VuflanovskyThe problem, in my experience, is that some of the same people who claim to be expert riders and make themselves visible with a 5-7 second time window whenever possible to let drivers see them, etc. are the people who
Jump to new posts Re: MaxLife Semi Syn 5w-20 vs Castrol HM by KCJeep @ 12 minutes 37 seconds ago

The Castrol HM is one of my pet oils but it is thick for grade and as far as being a syn blend it appears to be on the low side for a blend as far as I can tell. Some of the Dexos oils are 50 percent or more. I'm guessing it wouldn't pass for one a
Jump to new posts Re: Citgo Supergard 0W-16 by addyguy @ 13 minutes 57 seconds ago

They don't want to 'confuse' people with '15W' oils, so it is being called '16'. I think it's stupid - it's just a slightly thinner 0W-20 with a lower HT/HS value. Call it 0W-20 'light' or something, not a new number!
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Ph balance of coolant? by JustinH @ 16 minutes 35 seconds ago

Some of my mid 90's fords used to crack heater cores unless you put grounding straps on the heater core. Electrolysis would eat them and they would leak inside the car.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 0w20 Sale! by rsylvstr @ 19 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: oilmuttHow can $18.xx per judge be cheaper than $15.22 for the same oil? Hellooooo common core math.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Done with Sandisk USB Sticks by Quattro Pete @ 20 minutes 2 seconds ago

Where do you find them at that price?
Jump to new posts Re: '88 Caddy Brougham - dark oil + lifters noise by momo @ 21 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: IndyvwhondaTwo big questions: What is in there now? How much is in there? The noise returning when going up hill makes me wonder: Is that noise due to the engine working harder, or due to oil starvation at the front half of t
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody use Shell Rotella T1 SAE 40 in boats? by JHZR2 @ 22 minutes 34 seconds ago

The >$1M sportfishing yachts we ride (and sell oil to) often want SAE 40. But theyre running in 80 degree water, high RPM cruise for extended time, then LOTS of idle. For a smaller more transient use engine, Id use the OE viscosity. The big d
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Car&Driver opinion on Toyota weird styling by Mr Nice @ 24 minutes 0 seconds ago

Yep. Mazda is also doing that on some of their vehicles.
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: BITOG image uploader! by Quattro Pete @ 24 minutes 38 seconds ago

Is there a way to manage your uploaded image library?
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil announces 6% price hike by JustinH @ 27 minutes 5 seconds ago

Castrol Magnatec is $17 for 5 quarts, $22 for Mobil 1. The big selling thing for Amsoil was the extended drains. I remember dealers with their car in vinyl wraps saying ask me how I only change my oil once a year.. With the quality and cheapness o
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: typical "life" of differential oil? by barkingspider @ 30 minutes 14 seconds ago

I have the same supertech 75w90 in my 04 silverado rear diff. I don't think I will ever change it again. No severe duty. And I'll sell it before I put another 50K miles on it. You are good for at least 50K to 100K miles normal driving.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change recomendations for '11 Ranger 2.3 Liter by Nissan101 @ 30 minutes 35 seconds ago

Oil is expensive here too its like $180 for a 5 liter jug of valvoline maxlife synthetic blend
Jump to new posts Re: New Supertech jugs? by addyguy @ 38 minutes 28 seconds ago

I've noticed that in Canada a lot of Canadian-Tire oils are starting to come in those Citgo style bottles. None of the PCMO's are yet; it's some of the HDEO, marine, and OPE oils that are. Interesting to see if this trend continues....
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Time to Replace? by eljefino @ 38 minutes 30 seconds ago

Those look great. I'd pay small money for those at your yard sale.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 ESP 0w-40 by pb379 @ 39 minutes 39 seconds ago

So, where do you find this oil?
Jump to new posts Re: Tacoma Extended OCI by tig1 @ 40 minutes 7 seconds ago

I've been doing 10K OCIs with various M1 oils for 38 years in engines often calling for 3-5K OCIs. I have never had an engine that showed signs of engine wear for the last 38 years. Some engines with well over 300K. Just my story.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Upgrade? by laserred96gt @ 45 minutes 21 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: Bought my first 0w-20 oil today by tig1 @ 46 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KiraI assume from your post that you're on the factory fill or you've been to the dealer during the warranty period. You did say it was the first you bought and you bought it for topping off. I care for a 2010 Honda the manua
Jump to new posts Re: 1961 Triumph TR3 oil? by addyguy @ 47 minutes 23 seconds ago

Neat car! Would use a 15W-40 in it as well.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Bardahl B1/B2 no longer contain lead? by addyguy @ 55 minutes 9 seconds ago

Yup, I saw that too, and found it interesting. I suspect environmental concerns have taken it out, similar to chlorine compounds. That said, the new formula looks great - Esters, antimony....don't remember everything in it, but it looked like a go
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Vehicles with American contends are shrinking ! by zuluplus30 @ Today at 07:30 PM

Our 2012 Honda Civic had more American parts content than our 2014 Silverado. My FIL and I argued over this. He claimed it was more advantageous to keep the money in America rather than sending it overseas as far as the parent company is concerne
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >