08/01/14 08:37 PM
Smitty's Super S Multiflo 5w-30 is !0% synthetic
by NormanBuntz
08/01/14 08:30 PM
Newest Members
TriboGuy, chkm8, wjason777, glgoodwin22, RandyG99
50829 Registered Users
Who's Online
16 registered (Garak, Clubber_Lang, cos, CHARLIEBRONSON21, jmb3675, 2 invisible), 734 Guests and 209 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50829 Members
64 Forums
217196 Topics
3420253 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What oil to use in my Saturn by txelen @ 1 minute 9 seconds ago

I'm dealing with a similar situation: 2000 SL, 156,xxx miles, burning a little more oil than yours, belongs to a friend. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3439140/1 My take, from reading Saturnfans.com: -Check the oil weekl
Jump to new posts Re: Can I use 5W30 instead of 5W20? by Garak @ 4 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hattWhat law made Ford stop building the Model T? Since only laws lead to innovation. Reductio ad absurdum?
Jump to new posts Re: Italian tune-up and oil temperatures. by Shannow @ 22 minutes 21 seconds ago

I'm ambidextrous in units generally, and a month on a road trip in the US has left me swapping more often than usual. As a former turbine engineer, m, mm, um, feet, inches, and thousands of inches just swap around as the conversation flows. Oh, and
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wire Backed Media Steel by BlueOvalFitter @ 36 minutes 22 seconds ago

Very interesting. I think I have stumped the oil filter guru's here in the oil filter forum. Ask a Q? about an oil filters BETA ratio, its differential pressure, end caps, or, from which country it's made in, and almost every member has an answer. A
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: What is the TRUTH regarding ethanol free gasoline? by Shannow @ 44 minutes 3 seconds ago

If it's Ricardo, they will be using BSFC numbers, which is industry standard for engine comparisons. Then you have to consider the BTUs in the tank to work mileage.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Penrite Enviro+ 5w30 dexos 1, Rav4 2.0, 9000km by Shannow @ 46 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: devenOther than Lead(is gas in Australia leaded?) No
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: ethanol - bacteria - corrosion article by Shannow @ 55 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RosettaEasy, or it stays clean and clear or it evaporates! Don't need to wait bacteria eaten it up ... Completely biodegradable accordingly to what industry, liquor? http://www.ethanolrfa.org/pages/ethanol-facts-environment Q
Jump to new posts Re: The 15,000 Mile OCI by BlueOvalFitter @ Today at 02:32 AM

What's wrong with the FU filter? If I were to do a 15K mile OCI the FU would be my filter of choice. (Ok Z06, flame thrower on.)
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 VW TDI Beetle by Nick1994 @ Today at 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisNever been up sold? I think you just found one good dealership. Yup. She uses the same service guy he'll make a recommendation to her but is very realistic. I mean it's even got the original front brakes with half p
Jump to new posts Re: Switching Oil brands? by BlueOvalFitter @ Today at 02:26 AM

If one brand loyalty were the case for my engine then my truck would have been put to rest a long time ago.
Jump to new posts Re: VW TDI - Need some help on this OCI by 901Memphis @ Today at 02:24 AM

I don't see any problems with Rotella T6 5w40, it's probably better than anything the car has had. Make it a once a year oci.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overfilled oil by 901Memphis @ Today at 02:21 AM

I always overfill by 1/2 quart. No issues. 4.5 quarts quoted capacity, in goes the entire jug of 5.1 quarts. Oversized filter of course but I'm still over the full mark some.
Jump to new posts Re: QS - great oils or good oil at great value by Lex94 @ Today at 02:21 AM

I would not hesitate to use QSGB 5w20.... http://www.pqiamerica.com/Nov2013/QuakerState.htm
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Q. re: air filter replacement procedure by raytseng @ Today at 02:05 AM

If you have a vaccuum handy, I just give it a quick vaccuum. Don't bother with taking the car apart. But it's a moot point. If you already went through the trouble of peeking, you should have just replaced the filter and called it a day. Maybe j
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: My Review of the 1997 Camry by Lolvoguy @ Today at 02:04 AM

OP just wanted an excuse to dump his car. Nothing wrong with it, just lured by the appeal of a VW (I admit, once upon a time I too was suckered into one, what with their fancy cool and hip marketing campaigns, who wouldnt' want one?!). Anyway, happ
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Won a Juice Extractor today. by Lolvoguy @ Today at 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: KiraAS GOD IS MY WITNESS I IMPLORE YOU TO TRY THIS SIMPLE BLEND. Half cabbage juice-Half apple juice. THAT'S IT. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD and REFRESHING I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. BELIEVE IT! I SWEAR. DO IT. THE BEST SUMMER R
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by 01_celica_gt @ Today at 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: joegreenPlease don't misinterpret me as being jerky but i figured if you cared enough to find amsoil and bitog.com you care enough to check your oil. On a separate note every morning when i go out and use my vehicle i don't kn
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drivers window squeak by Dohc98vteC @ Today at 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Assuming it is the actual rubber-glass interface, Id clean the glass really well, wipe the rubber clkean with a damp cloth, and after it dries, spray it with some dry lube. Dry lube is like aerosol teflon; I recall someone
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram ULTRA XG 9018 by 901Memphis @ Today at 12:59 AM

The best for the ecotechs, you could run it two intervals even with the idle time.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: XG9688 vs Hyundai 26300-35503 OEM by Rylan @ Today at 12:57 AM

I've been using Purolator and Fram because they are easily purchased (any Walmart or auto parts chain) and because they are made in the USA. I'm sticking with Fram only for now... Price difference is a wash between OEM Mobis or others, since your ca
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 3300 new Harleys recalled for excessive vibration by BusyLittleShop @ Today at 12:55 AM

Harleys are cool like Elvis... a whole lot of shaken going on!!!
Gas Engine Alternate Fuels
Jump to new posts Re: E-85. I think I'm a convert. by Shannow @ Today at 12:53 AM

Tiredtrucker rolls out the "grain is grass" barrow again...c'mon, even you can't buy that...
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendation for Acura Integra by LTD @ Today at 12:47 AM

I honestly no idea where its coming from. It started consuming oil when I hit 100k on it.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: "Gravel Traps" by Cristobal @ Today at 12:44 AM

I just think they would be more trouble than they are worth.
Jump to new posts Re: Is it a competition? by Rosetta @ Today at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: jimbrewerI carefully UOAd my new car. You know what I found out? The manufacturer interval was fine. Conservative even. The only weird thing is that I was a little surprised for some reason. Think that's because it IS a
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >