09/01/14 01:42 AM
Engine rebuild durability?
by PandaBear
09/01/14 01:31 AM
Newest Members
DennisWaller, DMackey, Mambo_Dave, 2165, JohnSawyer
51160 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (1foxracing, 65f100, andyd, 05LGTLtd, Astro14, abycat, 8 invisible), 1468 Guests and 403 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51160 Members
64 Forums
218613 Topics
3447129 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: weedeater one we261 by Brybo86 @ 18 seconds ago

Definitely remove the carb and properly clean it
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: subaru dash lights, engine,cruise, stability by javacontour @ 31 seconds ago

We are all waiting to find out the results. Don't keep us hanging!
Interesting Articles
i have this issue at home as well good read.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Accidentally put lubegard black into ATF+4 by zrxkawboy @ 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: lairdwdDo you think I really need to pull the 3309 out? Yes, because of the additive that shouldn't be in there.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATF Change (4T65E-HD) - What to do? by PhillyJoe @ 1 minute 25 seconds ago

2007 Grand Prix GT with the 4T65E-HD here. Yes, it's a messy job; drips forever. 20 drain bolts. Dealer changed with filter at 66k, I changed at 110k; just fluid. Used Maxlife full synthetic and reused original gasket. Car was on ramps so it was a li
Biodiesel
Jump to new posts Re: B5 suspension in Minnesota by TiredTrucker @ 3 minutes 48 seconds ago

Illinois and Iowa have had bio of at least 10% at the pumps for quite a few years now. Seems like just about every major truckstop across the entire midwest has bio at some level now, up to 15% in some places. To that end, some bio has been going in
Jump to new posts Re: Goofed up my transmission by Stelth @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Colt45wsWhat was the reason for installing a new valve body? Code p1870
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: To Buy the Jug, or use another weight? by RF Overlord @ 5 minutes 6 seconds ago

I buy a jug and a quart for the convenience. It's easier just to dump the entire contents of both bottles than to try to measure out 1 quart from a 5-quart jug. I know it ultimately costs more that way, but $25 for a jug of PP is $5/qt, and individua
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage Oil Advice ? by Char Baby @ 8 minutes 25 seconds ago

Although, I don't believe that 10W30 will hurt a single thing, what vehicles do you have and do they allow for 10W30 motor oil or, do they only recommend other grades. Also, being on clearance, what API designation is this oil...SL/GF-3, SM/GF-4, S
Jump to new posts Re: Temperature sensitive brake pedal by Silverado12 @ 9 minutes 52 seconds ago

Check rear brake adjustment first. Then bleed brakes.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car that runs on saltwater by Darwin1138 @ 17 minutes 13 seconds ago

A better title will be: "Car that runs on electricity generated by carbon, hydraulic or nuclear means, but that is stored in a saltwater battery"
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: self propelled now hard to turn over by Donald @ 17 minutes 36 seconds ago

The belt is not attached yet, and there is no blade brake, the hub connects directly to the engine shaft
Jump to new posts Re: Engine rebuild durability? by 1foxracing @ 18 minutes 54 seconds ago

If it was me I'd buy a used engine then rebuild the current engine at my leisure to keep as a spare. It's a fairly easy swap and you can always sell the other engine down the road if not needed.
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on my Delphi Compressor??? by JD4440 @ 19 minutes 19 seconds ago

The bearing in the front of mine is noisy. For what Sanden wants for a compressor I'm not sure its sorth rebuilding one that's prone to leaking again. Question is, is any one orifice tube , ect better than the other?
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 EP 0w20 Tested - 210,000 miles by tig1 @ 22 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: demarpaintOriginally Posted By: simple_giftsUnder warranty, Mobil recommends staying with the mfg OCI. Smart move imo, if they recommend any longer they'd be footing the bill in the event of an oil related engine failure. It'
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra XG2 15,109 Miles [Cut Open] by Nitrofan1 @ 24 minutes 34 seconds ago

I was impressed with the Ultra when they came in while I worked at Advance. Blows all those bad feelings I had for Fram. It's the only brand filter on my shelf now.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru-Any good? by rjundi @ 27 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DuallyThanks for all of the replies to my question.I did not know that there was a problem with Subaru and oil consumption.Are these vehicals being broking in the right way?Which engine has more problems with oil consumption?Fou
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Is Gumout 2x concentrated 100% PEA? by Char Baby @ 28 minutes 34 seconds ago

So, can we assume that the "NEW" GUMOUT Multi-System Tune-Up(site sponsor) is their[Gumout's] TOP of the Line, fuel system cleaning product?
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: 24" Unbreakable Breaker Bar ? by 1foxracing @ 28 minutes 46 seconds ago

I keep a 24" Wright Tool 4434 in my home chest. In my car I keep a Taiwan Pittsburgh Pro.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: General View Of Fram Tough Guards ? by ChrisD46 @ 30 minutes 32 seconds ago

Thanks KCJeep - NAPA store very close to me so NAPA Silver and Fram Tough Guard give me a choice with my 4.0L .
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Just for fun / Best sounding car you ever owned by Virtuoso @ 32 minutes 38 seconds ago

I always liked the sound of my old '94 Taurus SHO when the short intake runner's opened at 4k RPM.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: FRN is back by GatorJ @ 37 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: babbittdOriginally Posted By: greenleafI did a forum search and got no hits. What does FRN stand for? http://www.pzlfallfuel.com/ Uhmm, no. FRN= Fuel Rewards Network: FRN link
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Midwest LSA Expo Next Week by LoneRanger @ 40 minutes 46 seconds ago

No love for LSA's?
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: favorite OTC Carwash ? by gofast182 @ 42 minutes 25 seconds ago

I'm currently using Mother's Cali. Gold Carnauba Wash and Wax as I left my Meguiar's Hyperwash at a friend's house. I've used several 'OTC' washes and the Mother's was usually my favorite. There are other better washes that you can order online, or
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: non-refractory refrigerant type oil??? by Robenstein @ 51 minutes 23 seconds ago

My Triumph apparently has two oil pumps. A primary for lubrication and a secondary one for controlling the heat and putting it through the oil cooler.
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >