Today at 03:59 PM
Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle SYN3 20W/50 Virgin Oil Sample
by DuckRyder
Today at 03:57 PM
Newest Members
akv, ozigoo, MIketitan, Zephyr20, gidlestick
53010 Registered Users
Who's Online
125 registered (2002 Maxima SE, AandPDan, abycat, ABerns, 11 invisible), 1701 Guests and 250 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53010 Members
66 Forums
227439 Topics
3628084 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Is Vancouver available for business?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Camry - when to change transmission fluid? by HangFire @ 02/24/15 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SquirreleeI was curious why people were talking about Dexron III like it was a current fluid - this thread is over ten years old! Dang it, I missed that. At least I'm not the guy who resurrected it!
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Noticing a trend on craigslist... by Nick1994 @ 02/24/15 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: krismoriah72Its tax time..so craigs will be flooded with problem cars that people are upgrading with their new found fortune. Good time to buy and sell junk cars. Yep, just what I was going
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Show your pets by mrsilv04 @ 02/24/15 12:07 PM

If anyone has any idea as to what breed(s) of dog he might be, please let me know. Buster came from the pound. The best guess that I've heard is that he could be some sort of a Pom/Yorkie cross. Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Brian Williams Debacle by Mystic @ 02/24/15 12:07 PM

And just a simple question-Was O'Reilly and his crew even allowed to go to the Falkland Islands? How many reporters are in Syria reporting about what is going on there? Extremely dangerous (ISIS) and the Syrian regime probably does not allow much ou
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: tuf-glide? by Red00Jetta @ 02/24/15 12:05 PM

Hey if you're carrying a Glock, use Loctite anti seize paste to lube it for the next 250 rounds. I kid you not, they use it as break in lube from the factory. That will get rid of the grittiness you feel. As for excellent lubrication, I have used axl
BITOG Sponsors
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Amsoil 0W-40 by NWOHIO @ 02/24/15 12:04 PM

? so it does not meet the SN spec - right ?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: KestasUnlike other collectibles, cars cannot just 'sit' and retain their value. Other collectibles, like guns, can sit in one spot in the house for a long time with little care and not lose its va
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Mityvac 7300 by HTSS_TR @ 02/24/15 12:04 PM

MV-7300 is operated on compressed air, the other models such as MV-7201 is hand pumped therefore portable. I think anyone can easily do 10-15 hand pumps to extract 7-8 quarts with 7201.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dallas ice by DBMaster @ 02/24/15 12:04 PM

I have been here since 1976 (DFW). There have been far worse storms than this. In fact, I thought we were past the point of this even being possible this year. Shows you what I know. The roadways themselves are not designed with ice in mind. The
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Gasoline Storage at Home by larryinnewyork @ 02/24/15 12:02 PM

I just filled my new Justrite can for the first time. When you open the cap and shove in gas nozzle, won't it damage the fire arrestor screen. DO you need to be careful and make sure the nozzle gets in the middle of the screen and can you just shove
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Slashes US production due to shut ports by Miller88 @ 02/24/15 11:59 AM

Too bad. I hope everyone involved with the stunt put on by whatever union it is loses their job.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dallas ice by dishdude @ 02/24/15 11:59 AM

Sitting at DFW right now, I must have missed the excitement since it's pretty dry out at the moment, just a little chilly!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Slashes US production due to shut ports by HTSS_TR @ 02/24/15 11:59 AM

Shipping companies may now have incentives to dock at Gulf Coast ports or Eastern Seaboard ports, when Panama canal is finished widening project to accept larger ships. Many companies are now pressuring shipping companies to find alternate ports so
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: 2 cycle oils, synthetic, castor, flash points? by Johnny248 @ 02/24/15 11:53 AM

Any thing good or bad about maybe doing something like a 50/50 it 70/20 mix of Dominator (or Interceptor) / Maxima Castor 927 blend? Not sure what that would do to flash points. Would part burn off sooner than the other? Thought was to possibly hav
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dallas ice by Spazdog @ 02/24/15 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: GMBoyBeing a Texan for only 11 years I still laugh at the drivers around here. I come from Maryland and know how to drive in all sorts of winter scenarios...but down here they are truly clueless. I think I do pretty well. an
Jump to new posts Re: AGIP/ENI oil for track driven Toyota GT86 by bigt61 @ 02/24/15 11:50 AM

5W-30 synthetic should be fine unless you're seeing oil temps North of 270F. Then I'd go 40 or 50 weight. Might not hurt to overfill by half a quart.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Classic Triumph needs by DC_Stewart @ 02/24/15 11:50 AM

I have just acquired a 1956 Triumph TRW military bike. I know the oil is shared by the engine and clutch, and that the seals are probably not compatible to synthetic oils. What oil does one use on these old bikes?
Jump to new posts Re: Oil turning dark less than 20 miles after change?? by Red00Jetta @ 02/24/15 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: SilverC6. I'd also be thinking about trading that Jetta. About to let go on me?
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol TWS 10W-60 available at O'Reilly by SilverC6 @ 02/24/15 11:49 AM

Castrol has always been more aggressive in getting niche and new products out there than SOPUS. SOPUS changes direction like an aircraft carrier. Witness the introduction by SOPUS of a Euro 5W-40 last year when the rest of the oil industry had alre
Originally Posted By: damanFrom what I've seen over the many years its a sign of a dirty engine inside. And like said if you don't get all the old oil out that will contaminate the new. My experience too.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil turning dark less than 20 miles after change?? by Red00Jetta @ 02/24/15 11:48 AM

Thanks guys. Timeau you're right I don't hear the rattling anymore (except my timing chains, but that's about to be rectified) I didn't cut my old filter apart but I did spread the pleats and look inside for large particles. Nothing there, but as I s
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: A Mazda part for my Ford by bdcardinal @ 02/24/15 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlWow, full blown list on the Mazda part number was like $1.97. I hate to bug the Mazda parts manager with no-VIN lookups on a 2002 B3000, but I have to know about the heater hose assy and cam syncro now. B-Series pi
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can a Bad Battery Cause Electrical Issues? by Vikas @ 02/24/15 11:47 AM

On your car the only thing cheaper than the battery is filling the diesel tank; so yes, that would be the first thing to try.
I've seen oil get visibly darker in one day.
Page 273 of 295 < 1 2 ... 271 272 273 274 275 ... 294 295 >