Today at 08:52 PM
what weight oil for 1990s iron 305 truck motor
by leroyd92
Today at 08:37 PM
Newest Members
farmerjohn, kruq, isobsr, Marc23760, ShellFin
53745 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (00Max00, Astro14, 1 FMF, 901Memphis, 11 invisible), 1411 Guests and 195 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53745 Members
66 Forums
230382 Topics
3687928 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil ultra platinum by Clevy @ 04/20/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe_PowerOriginally Posted By: raytsengHe didn't get hosed, it's just an average deal, but he didn't get an awesome deal either. There's just no need to be buying 30quarts unless he needs to use that in the next few months. Fo
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Which diesel oil? (List inside) by Donald @ 04/20/15 04:46 PM

What about Rotella T6? I would not bother with any Amsoil oil unless its their top shelf signature. The others do not make sense to me.
Jump to new posts Re: pyb 5W20 or tgmo by friendly_jacek @ 04/20/15 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: lexus114 i know it calls for 10k oil changes but i do a LOT of short trips! not exactly. it calls for 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. with short trips you will not do 10,000 miles a year. problem solved. th
Engine Oil Filters
Joenpb, stay tuned in. I have a "Tec Select" and a mighty filter as well as a "made in U.S.A" CASITE filter from a 14' Maxima(Nissan) to chop tonight or whenever
Jump to new posts Re: Little mail trucks by bmod305 @ 04/20/15 04:43 PM

S10 chassis with a TBI 2.5 Iron Duke(Pontiac designed motor) and a TH200 automatic trans. We supply some parts to a small shop that takes care of the local fleet. They are pretty much bullet proof. He handles everything but engine & trans re
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Quote:Having used the moco suggested fluid and redline shockproof the difference in shifting is obvious and I don't care what harley says I'll never go back to using an engine oil,a fluid optimized for use in an engine,in a gear box. Not when there
Jump to new posts Re: Which diesel oil? (List inside) by Clevy @ 04/20/15 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: fdcg27Any of these oils should work as well as any other. Delo is pretty well thought of, so if you find it to be the cheapest, so much the better. WRT oil life, any of these oils would go an easy 40K in a big rig, but none of t
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Any professional ASE Technicians on forum? by LoneRanger @ 04/20/15 04:40 PM

Preferably experienced with Subaru. I know I keep posting about my car, '09 Forester. But today it's done something that I think narrows it to maybe a calibration issue with the Electronic Throttle assembly on the throttle body? About a $600 part.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my bike... by Quattro Pete @ 04/20/15 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleIf you spend your life covering yourself in bubble wrap...are you really living? I spent the first 35 years of my life without riding motorcycles, and I lived pretty well, IMO. I'm sure I can manage a few more. As i w
Jump to new posts Re: Which diesel oil? (List inside) by fdcg27 @ 04/20/15 04:37 PM

Any of these oils should work as well as any other. Delo is pretty well thought of, so if you find it to be the cheapest, so much the better. WRT oil life, any of these oils would go an easy 40K in a big rig, but none of them will do that in any pass
Tires & Wheels
Cooper AT/3 is the best moderate AT tire out there right now. There are amazing deals to be had as well a few times a year.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Okay to drive for another 10k? by Rand @ 04/20/15 04:34 PM

Those are good tires, Low RR, grand touring type. Wet traction is significantly worse than the premier, but dry traction is better. Both have adequate/good for all season snow traction much better than UHP type tires. They also may get better mpg th
Jump to new posts Re: Little mail trucks by dlundblad @ 04/20/15 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bottom_FeederPerfect guy to ask about this, or anything else: Amazon has the entire season for $75!
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Aisin ATF WS? by dlundblad @ 04/20/15 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: 147_GrainOriginally Posted By: NeilCFor those that run MaxLife, how often do you do drain and fills, which is what I call the 3-4 quart pan drain. Also for those that are doing the cooler "complete drain" how are you
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Backing into parking places..... by fdcg27 @ 04/20/15 04:31 PM

I've been backing into parking spaces for as long as I can remember. Safer in and out and easy to do for those who have mastered the art of using the mirrors. There are some parking areas where backing out would be a matter of hope, while backing in
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Backing into parking places..... by supton @ 04/20/15 04:31 PM

I generally pull through spots. Although with the truck I am about to start backing in, as it has no visibility! Cannot see the lines while pulling through. But I usually park out a ways, no big deal. I back into my driveway as a rule. I do not like
Jump to new posts Re: Little mail trucks by goodtimes @ 04/20/15 04:29 PM

I talk religion with my mailman, who is from Iran, and converted to Christianity. Nice guy. I think they do it for one reason, to save gas. They are going that way on more cars now, engine turns off at stops, restarts.
Jump to new posts Re: Little mail trucks by JustinH @ 04/20/15 04:29 PM

The system when I lived in Buffalo was a uniformed carrier would walk a block and deliver mail door to door. The system out here in Texas is a group of mailboxes at the entrance of every little community. Non uniformed workers load all the mailboxe
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: What oil do NHRA cars use? by car51 @ 04/20/15 04:28 PM

Thank you all for the info, very good reading;)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tree question - property line by dlundblad @ 04/20/15 04:27 PM

How close are you with the neighbor?
Jump to new posts Re: Which diesel oil? (List inside) by Oil Changer @ 04/20/15 04:27 PM

Delo.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 13 GLI - Rotella T6 UOA by skyactiv @ 04/20/15 04:26 PM

Oils containing a lot of magnesium tend to have good TBN retention. Is that the newer 2.0L TSI engine that holds nearly 7 quarts of oil?
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts of Castrol EDGE Extended Performance? by BikeWhisperer @ 04/20/15 04:25 PM

I have EP 5w-20 ready to go for the next two oil changes on the Ford Focus. I can run 10k OCI's within warranty with the driving style it is used for (70% hwy/30% city). Though not published it is pretty much accepted that all Castrol Edge products
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Oil Brands for Oil Change? by dlundblad @ 04/20/15 04:24 PM

My moms Elantra received frankenbrew'd oil changes the last 3 OCI's. I didnt notice any cold start suffering, but I imagine it being a "newer" car had something to do with it. A strong starter and battery make a huge difference.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Backing into parking places..... by 97f150 @ 04/20/15 04:23 PM

My company has a reverse parking policy. The idea is better visibility upon leaving. I always try to pull through when parking in a lot, if not sometimes Ill pull forward, sometimes Ill back in. Same at the house. But at work, I always back in. I do
Page 256 of 283 < 1 2 ... 254 255 256 257 258 ... 282 283 >