by threeputtpar
35 minutes 26 seconds ago
Meijer 4/20/14 - 4/26/14 motor oil
by GreenFocus
Today at 08:48 AM
Study: Fuels from corn waste not better than gas
by hatt
Today at 08:47 AM
nauseousness,dry heaves in mornings.......
by daves66nova
Today at 08:35 AM
Drain question
by supton
Today at 08:01 AM
Remote shutdown options in Win7?
by Quattro Pete
Today at 07:36 AM
Easter messing about
by Shannow
Today at 06:54 AM
9K OCI on dino oil?
by Spetz
Today at 06:51 AM
DSG Transmission
by Dually
Today at 06:21 AM
Wal-Mart concept truck...
by mattwithcats
Today at 04:09 AM
Natural Look vs Glassy Look - Which do you prefer?
by The Critic
Today at 03:12 AM
Car Leasing
by bobbob
Today at 12:22 AM
Newest Members
Rond310, corollasienna, Truck25Engine, budzman, adtslo
49651 Registered Users
Who's Online
106 registered (4Kings, 01_celica_gt, 1 FMF, 2004tdigls, 72te27, 7 invisible), 1945 Guests and 186 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49651 Members
64 Forums
212208 Topics
3326107 Posts

Max Online: 2605 @ 04/19/14 12:41 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning epoxy garage floor by Corvette Owner @ 04/14/14 02:25 PM

Simple Green or CLR are good chemical cleaners. Use polyester mop. Low pressure sprayer could also be used.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Vehicle safety on epoxy floor when jacking by Sam2000 @ 04/14/14 02:22 PM

When jacking a vehicle on a single corner, how important is the surface in terms of the opposite wheels potentially slipping? An epoxy floor is smoother than concrete so I'm wondering if it is less safe to jack on a corner. The chocks, parking brak
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Ubuntu dual-boot install by OVERKILL @ 04/14/14 02:21 PM

Download the free version of EASUS partition master. Make sure to not install the adware [censored] that come as part of the installer. Shrink your XP partition. Reboot. Make sure it is actually shrunk and working properly then uninstall the progra
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RATTLE FROM BACK LEFT STRUT/FENDER WELL by Mark72 @ 04/14/14 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jrustlesis it a hammering kind of rattle or less severe? less severe. one would almost think the back dash is rattling until you go to the back of car and push down on the trunk..then you hear it from the wheel well
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Unemployment Question by GrtArtiste @ 04/14/14 02:17 PM

From 1999 to 2007, the employer contributed approx $1000 each year to this fund. I contributed nothing. The contributions stopped in 2007 but the $10K is the current sum of what the contributions and interest earned is worth. In 2007, I was offered t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Cleaning epoxy garage floor by Sam2000 @ 04/14/14 02:15 PM

What's the best way to clean a large epoxy coated garage floor? This one is quite dirty, has not been cleaned in 10 years.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Unemployment Question by Donald @ 04/14/14 02:14 PM

First - different states have different laws on UI. If you receive a lump sum severance that may not be viewed as wages income. To obtain UI you cannot be earning wage income. If you have $500K in the bank, that is not considered. But work for
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
the maxlife can ONLY help IMHO. it's compatible with the GM p/s fluid.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Ubuntu Live CD Q by badtlc @ 04/14/14 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4moreOriginally Posted By: badtlcYour hard drive was still spinning unless you went into the disk manager and enabled powersaving to turn the hard drive off. Unless it was mounted from the live Ubuntu media, I am not e
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Unemployment Question by GrtArtiste @ 04/14/14 02:11 PM

I am about 6 1/2 years away from retirement. I don't ever remember being told I had to disclose assets as yet not received. Only that receiving or applying to receive such assets would reduce or eliminate unemployment while still collecting unemploym
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Unemployment Question by supton @ 04/14/14 02:10 PM

What is this "retirement" payment? Money that would normally otherwise go into a 401k or similar? Wouldn't taking it as cash mean you got a check for this week and then that is it, no issues with claiming unemployment insurance, since the
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Ubuntu Live CD Q by uc50ic4more @ 04/14/14 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: badtlcYour hard drive was still spinning unless you went into the disk manager and enabled powersaving to turn the hard drive off. Unless it was mounted from the live Ubuntu media, I am not entirely sure it was ever spun up
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: tommygunnCongrats on his new car! Any VW 502 00 (or whatever will end up superseding it) should work for you. I saw this nice flyer on Audi's website (Remember that the Gallardo is an Audi R8) check it out M1 0w40 is proba
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Ubuntu dual-boot install by uc50ic4more @ 04/14/14 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: HokiefydAny ideas? I'd like to preserve the Windows XP installation. Thanks. I am not sure that any Linux installer can shrink an NTFS partition (Thanks, Microsoft! Way to play nicely with the rest of the world...) and if
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Used Aston Martin by Volvohead @ 04/14/14 02:06 PM

Somehow, after reading this thread, I feel much better tooling around in our trusty, un-exotic (takes under 10 qts), R129. The only residual we count on with it is the smile it places on our faces on a clear day.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: mobil 1 v twin similar as hedo 1540? by SteveSRT8 @ 04/14/14 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Robensteinall motors are ticking time bombs...some just have a really slow fuse. Spoken like someone who knows their motors. They all die one day, the trick is knowing when to get ready!
Jump to new posts Re: Molybdenum in oil? by FetchFar @ 04/14/14 02:05 PM

You must be referring to Infineum's trimer moly presentation slides ... Based on that, I'd pick a trimer moly oil first. Good info. I like the way they directly address Sequence IVA wear results. ... They also say trimer moly works well with zddp
Jump to new posts Re: 0W-40 by Swift101 @ 04/14/14 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: gixxersix04I use M1 0W-40 in my sonata and she runs great. No idea why 0W-40 is not specified for use in turbo. I just checked Mobil 1's website, they actually recommend 0W-30. I sent them a message asking them about 0W-40. I
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: What can we do to prevent the next Heartbleed? by uc50ic4more @ 04/14/14 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: jrustlesIMO this vulnerability was known to some and no accident. It's only when third parties catch onto it, that "they" cry mea culpa and scramble to clean up the PR mess Who are "they"? It seems the NSA
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Want new NYS plates. by Nick R @ 04/14/14 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Just walk in there and say someone stole your plate and throw your old one away. Nononono. In New york, you have to return the old plates if you get new plates, or de-register the vehicle. If you don't, you get charg
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Best rider in $2000 range by rryam @ 04/14/14 02:01 PM

I have a Craftsman that I have had for 13 yrs...It's given me great service!
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Maxlife PS Fluid with SL "ok" for hydroboost? by Mkos1980 @ 04/14/14 02:00 PM

The steering shaft input seal is leaking on the steering box and the seal is not replaceable without full disassembly. I already checked. Just a few drops but it annoys me. Will the maxlife help out? Steering is super tight and smooth so I dont wa
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Unemployment Question by Trav @ 04/14/14 02:00 PM

I would look into this more than carefully. The last thing you want is for them to determine you were not disclosing assets and demand every dime back or worse file criminal charges. From the way it sounds they might see it as you want to exhaust yo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Library noise by John_K @ 04/14/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: RF OverlordIn my day (40 years ago) you would be spoken to by the librarian. Nowadays people are so sensitive to being "disrespected" that they will complain to authorities, who would then fire the librarian. Actual
Computers
Jump to new posts Help with Ubuntu dual-boot install by Hokiefyd @ 04/14/14 01:57 PM

I have another one of my laptops running Xubuntu from a USB stick. I like it, a lot. I want to install it along side Windows XP for now. It has a 60 GB hard drive; plenty big for both. The Xubuntu installer does not give me the option of dual-boo
Page 256 of 267 < 1 2 ... 254 255 256 257 258 ... 266 267 >