by tomcruise
Today at 12:01 AM
Ford Motor Co. MN-12
by HM12460
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Anyone Use 5w30 Super Tech ?
by crazyoildude
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
Slick 50 Supercharged Engine Treatment ?
by lawnguy
Yesterday at 09:20 PM
Used an OCOD yesterday
by donnyj08
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Havoline oils Mills Fleet Farm - April 17-25
by BrewCityR
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
Aisin ATF WS?
by NeilC
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Lubrication Engineering
by Da Game
Yesterday at 07:33 PM
New Amsoil atv oil
by kawie_guy
Yesterday at 06:37 PM
Newest Members
NJM1965, csaig929, albertdi, MIRA5, JJMc
53625 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (bbhero, Ducked, 901Memphis, Charlie1935, HM12460, doolah02, 2 invisible), 547 Guests and 178 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53625 Members
66 Forums
229915 Topics
3678736 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-30 versus 10W-30 in S. Florida by Nickdfresh @ 04/12/15 02:42 PM

I'd use either Mobil 1 or 'German' Castrol 0W-40 and call it a day...
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Chrysler Town and Country headlights by Thermo1223 @ 04/12/15 02:41 PM

Hey at least you are replacing the proper way! You wouldn't believe how many people want HID's but won't pay the price when the bulbs fail.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Yea, those Chrisfix vids show that Seafoam is actually better at removing combustion chamber carbon than other fuel system treatments. I always have success using the vacuum line method with Seafoam; it reduces knock/detonation in the hot summer mon
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Prestone De-Icer Washer Fluid $1.00 by Nickdfresh @ 04/12/15 02:39 PM

I didn't see that here, but did get RainX summer Bug Wash for $2...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: neighbor vandalized my floodlight, my options? by Pop_Rivit @ 04/12/15 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLWhy don't you go over to his house, knock on his door and kindly ask him [censored] he's doing? Agreed. Just go talk to him and find out what the problem is. Then work it out from there. Originally Posted By: andr
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
One of the big PE points now is ethanol cheapens the end cost of a gallon of gasoline. What happens when they start cutting back on ethanol contend. Then the FEDs come along as say you aren't using enough ethanol. So the cost of ethanol production
Jump to new posts Re: How much oil do you go through? by Squirrelee @ 04/12/15 02:36 PM

I use a little under 50 quarts per year, so around 4.5 years to use a drum. It would take around 3 years to use up my current stash, but I plan to sell some locally to deplete a few quarts.
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: JoenpbI'm wondering if some of Puralator's issues are what Z06 suspects, tears that are more likely to happen during winter months when oil is thicker at start up due to cold? There does appear to be more failures during the win
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Liqui Moly Long Time High Tech 5w30 for Ford Edge? by wildmanrandall @ 04/12/15 02:34 PM

Thank you Falcon_LS I needed to research the ACEA ratings Oil Labels. to understand the ACEA C3 of Longtime High Tech 5W-30 means that it's only a Mid saps at best, so not good for American high sulfur gasoline I presume. The confusing part is th
Automotive General Topics
Buy a new truck with a bigger engine.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Best price for dual port SAS drives? by spackard @ 04/12/15 02:33 PM

Sorry, I guess I wasn't aware there were single-port SAS HDDs. Everyone buys SAS HDDs because of the dual ports. You can find HPs on EBay, probably $1 a GB new, $0.20 used.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Hyvee Gas by TiredTrucker @ 04/12/15 02:32 PM

We do the Hy-Vee, Casey's thing or Murphy's with the extras cents off using a Wally World card at the pump. None of them are "top tier", but I don't really worry about that. I use whatever gives me the best value per mile based on price
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Wetsanding comes through again! by Thermo1223 @ 04/12/15 02:30 PM

Unless there is horrible pitting & gouging. Some rubbing compound and Meguiars PlastiX is all you really need with a machine buffer. I used this kit on 5 sets of headlights so far and they are perfectly back to OEM new afterwards. The older mod
Engine Oil Filters
All those guys must have a "filter cutting certificate", as I didn't see any tears in the media from cutting. LoL
Trade it for a V6 Tacoma. That will fix problems you didn't even know you had.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Michelin vs. Pirelli by krzyss @ 04/12/15 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: rjundiPost back on the tires. I am debating Pirelli P7 vs Premier for my wife's 2005 Legacy GT. Sadly its much more spendy in her odd tire size (215/55/17) at $730 installed locally. It is 215/45R17 OE. Acceptable sizes are 2
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Best atf for volvo 4t65ev/gt by Oro_O @ 04/12/15 02:27 PM

I was basing my statement on what you said in your first post, that it had the 5-speed Aisin AF33. That was used in these cars along side others. That is a T-IV fluid designed unit. So what transmission is actually there (powertrain combination)?
Jump to new posts Re: New brake recommendations by HTSS_TR @ 04/12/15 02:27 PM

First, you need to find a good independent garage(or your friend(s)) to inspect the brake system to determine exactly which part(s) of the system is needed to be replaced/repaired. If the shop okay with you bring in the parts then either buy it from
Jump to new posts Re: Bonehead me by OVERKILL @ 04/12/15 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: CentAmDL650I'll suggest another reason why manufacturers and owner manuals suggest waiting until the oil level drops to the add line on the dipstick: MARKETING. These manufacturers are concerned that about the image your neigh
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best (cheapest) way to send back cores by bdcardinal @ 04/12/15 02:26 PM

Does RockAuto require the cores be in the original packaging? Ford and Mazda require it and I swear no matter how clear I explain it customer do not understand that concept. I even print it on the receipt for the parts.
Here's a video of a guy that does a before and after with a borescope. It is a lawn mower engine and he was more successful introducing a small amount to each cylinder with a turkey baster and letting it sit though. https://youtu.be/WdT4DPFXIkM
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 4 cycle engine extended storage by CT8 @ 04/12/15 02:25 PM

Change the oil fill up the gas tank and that is all that is needed. Drain the carb before starting and you will be good to go.
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru electrical problem. by 4wheeldog @ 04/12/15 02:25 PM

I would start by cleaning BOTH ENDS of BOTH BATTERY CABLES! You describe a situation where there is a bad (Corroded) contact, at one of those 4 locations, which effectively removes the battery from being connected. If it is not that, get the batter
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by Squirrelee @ 04/12/15 02:24 PM

2010 Toyota Highlander with 1AR-FE 4-cyl Out: Rural King Synthetic 0w-20 and Purolator standard In: Mobil EP 0w-20 and NAPA Gold It seems I may have burned a half quart over the 5,100 miles I had the Rural King in there. That's the first time the
It wouldn't be to do anything but remove the little bit of carbon that has gathered over the years. Even though I only use top tier gasoline, it gets about 99% stop and go city driving and short hops, so I thought it may be beneficial to clean it out
Page 239 of 299 < 1 2 ... 237 238 239 240 241 ... 298 299 >