by jiffydarren
Yesterday at 09:00 PM
less than a month
by Donald
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Replacing the Dry Cracked Michelins
by Nick1994
Yesterday at 08:31 PM
Any tips on reupholstering center arm rest?
by gregk24
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
Newest Members
Krom11, psalty, BBBB, emg, morgantruce
51188 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (Clevy, asiancivicmaniac, dpagsoli, CATERHAM, bobbob, carlprop, 2 invisible), 731 Guests and 207 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51188 Members
64 Forums
218727 Topics
3449063 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 rebate is back by babbittd @ 08/27/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisWalmart not participating, so no super cheap deals. http://slickdeals.net/f/7161092-mobil-1-...-walmart-amazon Deal Editor's Note: The participator list is not complete 1-866-895-9127. Walmart and Amazon are not l
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Buying knives in Oz by 29662 @ 08/27/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: antiqueshellOriginally Posted By: 29662Shannow, that story is just insane. The "civilized" world has truly lost all sense of normalcy and rationality. I've seriously contemplated moving out of the U.S. because of som
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by jrustles @ 08/27/14 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: dave1251Do not let the fact Mobil One has the most certifications, OEM approvals, and OEM recommendations and no other blender has been able to substantiate claims it blends a superior lubricant get the best of you. You're no
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tim Hortons to be bought out by Burger King? by dave1251 @ 08/27/14 04:14 PM

If more people had experience in business it would be a lot easier to understand why businesses move their headquarters and jobs to other countries.
Vehicles
About 7-8 years ago a friend of our family bought a brand new Sienna fully loaded. Very Nice Van. But it developed transmission issues and had the tranny replaced under warranty. Then the tranny broke for a second time and they got rid of it. It w
Jump to new posts Re: Oil temperature? by jrustles @ 08/27/14 04:12 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Oil temperature? by Nate1979 @ 08/27/14 04:10 PM

I'm just jealous that you guys have oil temp gauges!
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 Scratch and Save game by tenderloin @ 08/27/14 04:10 PM

AZ has M1 EP as well w/Bosch Filter for $33.99. $10 AZ scratch card makes a decent deal
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: subaru dash lights, engine,cruise, stability by Nate1979 @ 08/27/14 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ColonelKlinkHi, it is a 2008 Impreza. The dash lights for check engine, stability control, and cruise control all come on. sometimes even radio, wipers, and a/c do not work. it used to be intermittent. it used to be you coul
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: IF WS2 = ultimate lubricant by alternety @ 08/27/14 04:07 PM

Now that is a nice piece of work. It pretty much demonstrates most of what I have been saying for a long time. Kills my perception that exfoliation of the basic Fullerene shape is the primary lubricating mechanism; got to change my mental store to ba
Jump to new posts Re: 07 BMW Z4 by SilverC6 @ 08/27/14 04:07 PM

Missed the humor. I wouldn't top off 0W-40 LL-01 M1 with M1 5W-30. Use some more 0W-40 M1, if needed. If the 5W-30 is uncontaminated from the drain, use it in another vehicle. Otherwise, write it off as a $22 lesson.
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Ranger Ball Joint Rubbers Rotted by 01rangerxl @ 08/27/14 04:06 PM

As others have said, they can last a while with torn boots. How long is anyone's guess...longer if the truck is mostly driven on paved roads in good weather. Shorter if it sees a fair amount of dirt or mud. I replaced mine at just shy of 130K mile
Jump to new posts Re: Oil temperature? by kschachn @ 08/27/14 04:05 PM

So you really believe that the coefficient of friction is so much lower, and results in such lower friction induced heat that the temperature gauge would actually show a difference? Where does the thermostat come into play? Why doesn't it regulate a
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by dave1251 @ 08/27/14 04:04 PM

Do not let the fact Mobil One has the most certifications, OEM approvals, and OEM recommendations and no other blender has been able to substantiate claims it blends a superior lubricant get the best of you.
Jump to new posts Re: subaru dash lights, engine,cruise, stability by SteveSRT8 @ 08/27/14 04:03 PM

^^^That is an easy thing to check. We bought a loaded Silverado in 05 that had strange electrical gremlins for almost a year. Then I checked the battery connections one day. The positive one was loose! Just tightening that down fixed about 4 diffe
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tim Hortons to be bought out by Burger King? by antiqueshell @ 08/27/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: linkbeltHave not ate the BK junk for many years. With all the money they will save in taxes, they can afford to loose a few "customers" LOL Oh, the irony! That's what I love about this...their greed will end up cost
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Will Hayden arrested again. by wemay @ 08/27/14 04:03 PM

Two allegations for the same thing, and one of them coming from family...? Man, I don't know.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil temperature? by jrustles @ 08/27/14 04:02 PM

Any oil, any brand, that produces a drop in oil temperature is the one you want to choose IMO Even with a majority correlation in uncontrolled circumstances, is good enough to choose the 'cooler' oil.
Vehicles
I want to believe this since it is such a cost savings. Maybe particularly a reasonable choice to buy new and make a tough call near the warranty expiration when evaluating the particular unit and more reliability history on this drivetrain.. Not
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota Sienna vs. Traverse vs. ? for family of 6 by Merkava_4 @ 08/27/14 04:01 PM

The Sienna certainly looks a lot more comfortable.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: I lost my compression and I want it back! by SteveSRT8 @ 08/27/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: TravStill, the fact the OP's reading were evenly low across the board leads me believe the engine was cold or the throttle was closed. I'm betting the throttle was not opened. I see this a lot...
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Knee issues from bike riding? by MolaKule @ 08/27/14 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: MolaKuleSuggest you do knee lifts/leg curls one day, shorter bicycle trips the next and work up to longer trips. Taking Sodium Neproxen (Advil) etc before bike ride helps as well. Yep Alleve etc. is Neproxen Sodium and the re
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tim Hortons to be bought out by Burger King? by kschachn @ 08/27/14 04:00 PM

After reading all of this, I'm going to BK for lunch tomorrow.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Torque Adapter? by 29662 @ 08/27/14 03:59 PM

Not yet, but i'm thinking about it. Can be used as both a torque wrench and to verify the accuracy of a mechanical torque wrench. How much does the AC Delco version cost?
Vehicles
I don't know much about the ES models, very different vehicle to the ones I have. However, my SC and GS have been exceptional cars. Albeit the 2JZ inline 6 is a very different beast to the 2MZ-FE in the ES.
Page 239 of 261 < 1 2 ... 237 238 239 240 241 ... 260 261 >