by PaleRider
9 minutes 17 seconds ago
Amsoil ATF and Magnefine
by paulgoh
45 minutes 31 seconds ago
oscaro.com free shipping 8/29 to 9/4
by NormanBuntz
Today at 09:44 AM
European delivery program - anyone use it?
by tomcat27
Today at 08:53 AM
A/S tire suggestions for Subaru Legacy
by Picky1
Today at 08:30 AM
Where the autos are located.
by CourierDriver
Today at 08:14 AM
Lead Carbon Batteries
by Shannow
Today at 07:12 AM
Buzzing rumble after new pads rotors.
by JustinH
Today at 06:54 AM
Kia Sorento 2.5 CRDi.
by Silk
Today at 05:55 AM
Mann - Corolla - Paper and foam !!! (see photo)
by NGRhodes
Today at 04:59 AM
Newest Members
kbaba7, hpb, johnny69, Katy, docsavage
51129 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (86cutlass307, 123Saab, aquariuscsm, 3800Series, abycat, 9 invisible), 1712 Guests and 273 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51129 Members
64 Forums
218461 Topics
3444800 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 01 Chevy Prizm 1.8L 1FFZE, 5800mi, Mobil 5000 5w30 by Bandito440 @ 08/22/14 02:24 PM

Welcome! Stick with the Maxlife at a few shorter 3,000 mile intervals to get that gunk out. Skip the Restore and don't bother with a UOA for a few changes until those heavy metals are flushed. If you want to use some cleaning addatives, Kreen and Au
Jump to new posts Re: 01 Chevy Prizm 1.8L 1FFZE, 5800mi, Mobil 5000 5w30 by 01_celica_gt @ 08/22/14 02:24 PM

the oil consumption fix is fairly easy if you have the tools, which don't cost much to acquire either. I have used the EngineTech pistons rings one three 1zz-fe so far so good! they only cost $23!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota has massive profits by CaspianM @ 08/22/14 02:23 PM

I have had 4 Toyota. While really durable but not trouble free. Now Toyota makes nearly best cars ever they built. All cars now really well built but still Toyota remains as the one to last and has high resell rate and value. Lexus brand is a head &
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 4 Impacted Wisdom Teeth Pulled This Morning by JustinH @ 08/22/14 02:23 PM

I had two done when I was 25. Keep up on the salt water, and no smoking! 5 years later I still have light clicking in my jaw from the procedure.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Bars Leaks pellets are cheaper than buying antifreeze all the time - easier on the environment too. If the Castrol still had life left at 6000, the PP should go 10k easy.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by jayg @ 08/22/14 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: cutter Should I run this for a full OCI or shorten it because of probable contamination? I have PU 5w30 on deck. Lesson learned, stay away from generic garbage. Just run it the normal duration.
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to get my CDL? by LT4 Vette @ 08/22/14 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1If I were in my 30's-40's, I'd go back to welding. There are high paying jobs going begging for welders.. Wayne I thought the fumes from welding will hurt your health over time ? Is welding a full-time job or sp
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil HM vs Mobil Super HM? by wemay @ 08/22/14 02:16 PM

I was told the same thing Dave was by XOM contact line. Motorguy222, can you post a pic of that full syn Mobil Super? That would be extremely helpful in putting all this to rest.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: MSDS sheet for Brian Enos Slide Glide anyone? by Smcatub @ 08/22/14 02:12 PM

I'm usually good at tracking those things down but I can't find one. Any company that has their employees use it needs to supply them one - so if you know of any local shops that use it, they might be nice enough to give you a copy.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: which napa oil filter is better by HangFire @ 08/22/14 02:12 PM

Rock Auto also has Amazon-beating deals on Hastings oil filters, but doesn't stock their complete inventory.
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to get my CDL? by DemoFly @ 08/22/14 02:09 PM

As a son of a Trucker, and a co-worker of many ex-Truckers. There is no money in driving unless you're hauling triples or houses long haul. The gravy driving jobs such as UPS and FedEx require you to work part time for several years, as they only hir
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on a quarter century old BMW 850i (E31) by OneEyeJack @ 08/22/14 02:07 PM

Sounds like you're talking yourself into buying the car. Everyone should have an adventure with with a car like this. It's called an inoculation. It will cure you of ever doing this again. By the way, on a race track an 850 would leave a Camry for d
Yours burns a quart per 1,000 miles? I have a 94 Corolla with the 7AFE which suffers from the same problem; if I routinely use cleaning additives in the oil, I can get the oil consumption to about 1 quart per 2,000 miles. You might want to skip usi
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 transmission issue by Smcatub @ 08/22/14 02:05 PM

I'm glad to ready this follow-up. I've got a 2005 Optima. It's a four speed, I'm guessing the same transmission as you. Hopefully I'll get at least as many miles as you have so far
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sears by aquariuscsm @ 08/22/14 02:05 PM

I went into a Sears store awhile back just browsing. They had a ton of old 5W50 Syntec (looked to be first generation square bottles with the orange labels). It was so old the labels had faded to almost white,you could barely read them. I asked how c
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to get my CDL? by Chris142 @ 08/22/14 02:03 PM

and to add. most local jobs are very low pay.$.42 cents per mile sounds great until you find out that your route is only 63 miles a day. in 2003 i applied at a local place hauling powder cement. they started at $.16 cents per mile and my route would
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coilpacks do they slowly die? by Trav @ 08/22/14 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtleOriginally Posted By: Trav VSS can cause a soft misfire they claim, it effects the PCM. seriously? Anyone but you i would tell to pound sand. First i ever heard of such things. I'll look at the FSM in a bit. The
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on a quarter century old BMW 850i (E31) by SteveSRT8 @ 08/22/14 02:02 PM

Such a gorgeous ride. But I would be scared to death to buy it. My personal experience with BMW was not good. One that old could develop some very expensive problems rather suddenly. But then again, all life is a risk...
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What brake flare do I need to get? by Smcatub @ 08/22/14 02:01 PM

Yeah, as far as I can tell there's no such thing as pre-bent lines on this car. So that idea is out. It's what I would have liked to do, but I can't find them anywhere. I didn't look at the dealer - I just assume they'd cost way too much. After read
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: CORE gasless string trimmer? by sciphi @ 08/22/14 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SmcatubIs this for pro or home use? How much area do you have to do? I've got a Ryobi Li-ion cordless and it's been great so far. I do 1/3 acre and usually only use 1/4 or less of the charge. And I've got the small battery (Ryo
Jump to new posts Re: Wal-mart price change by hsd @ 08/22/14 01:59 PM

Penzoil is the knock off brand
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to get my CDL? by Chris142 @ 08/22/14 01:59 PM

i went to a local truck driving school.be forwarned that most truck driving jobs suck.the few good ones are taken and already have a line of people waiting for those jobs. plan.on working 14-20 hrs a day,mostly nights and sleeping in the day as most
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to get my CDL? by Srt20 @ 08/22/14 01:59 PM

I got the CDL manual from the DOT. Studied it and took my written test. Got a job at a local company doing [censored] work, with everybody knowing I was to get practice and take driving test in one of their rigs. They were short on drivers anyway, so
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil HM vs Mobil Super HM? by dave1251 @ 08/22/14 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: motorguy222It is Mobil Super High Mileage, I have 5W-30,10W-30 and 10W-40 and they all say that it is a full syn. The bottles I have are not the dark gray color, they are more of a silver color, maybe the same color as the Mobi
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil HM vs Mobil Super HM? by dave1251 @ 08/22/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: motorguy222I am at the point of being offended.It sounds as if I am being made out as telling a lie. I posted some time ago that Mobil had taken the syn. blend off of their labels, I thought that they were going to possibly go
Page 234 of 239 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 238 239 >