Recent Topics
2009 Nissan Navara D40 2.5L /Redline 5W30 11.089KM
by tgiannak
3 minutes 3 seconds ago
Video: Hit & Killed by Lightning after Robbery
by aa1986
Today at 01:18 AM
Another massacre in Oz, this time children.
by Shannow
Today at 12:49 AM
I Have Pennzoil 5qt.Jugs And None Are Exactly Full
by crazyoildude
Today at 12:26 AM
Reason for GTX Synblend Clearance
by aa1986
Today at 12:20 AM
Interesting Valveless Axial Engine -- New Zealand
by Y_K
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Tribute top-end 'refresh' with pics
by addyguy
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
Castrol GTX SynBlend - Any Good?
by Nick1994
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
extended interval oil filters
by dothedrew1202
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
'05 Scion Xa
by womcat
Yesterday at 06:57 PM
1 year OCI - When to change?
by camrydriver111
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
What Airtex, Autolite, Fram and Prestone all hav?
by chad8
Yesterday at 06:12 PM
Newest Members
StevenOs, caferacer, Blearyeye, AggiePreacher, novcz
52232 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (Char Baby, chrisri, cb_13, dgunay, aa1986, alcyon), 513 Guests and 176 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52232 Members
66 Forums
223675 Topics
3546808 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Diesel Cruze / Dexos2 5W-30 by gyrfalcon @ 12/14/14 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: TiredTruckerTo worry about the differences between CJ-4 ACEA C3, and dexos 2 is not in my game plan. I didn't worry about it with the VM engine in my Jeep, to the New Holland engine in my ag tractor, nor the several semi trucks
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Consensus on Premium gas for Skyactiv by buster @ 12/14/14 11:23 AM

I just refilled with Shell 93 after reading some of the threads on the Skyactiv engine and fuel type. I'm not sure I buy the idea that it helps reduce fuel dilution, but I suppose it's possible. Is there any consensus to date that suggests it is be
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Why The Dislike For 20W-50? by Red91 @ 12/14/14 11:19 AM

I have to disagree with the term "obsolete", in reference to thicker, older grades of engine oil. If it is still on the spec list of a current production car, which it is in most non NA countries, then it isn't obsolete. Personally, I disag
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hardwood flooring, just switched to :~) by Clevy @ 12/14/14 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: beanoilHardwood is timeless, looks good, and can be refinished. What's not to like? We just made the switch back in the spring. The only carpet is in the bedrooms so it's a little more comfy on bare tootsies for getting up in th
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Disappointed with Philips standard headlight bulb by Bottom_Feeder @ 12/14/14 11:18 AM

Borrowing my Dad's Caravan for a few weeks as I'm currently 'between vehicles', I noticed a few days ago that one of the headlamps burned out. Needing it fixed ASAP due to some bad weather coming that night, I went to the nearest AutoZone and bought
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 0w40 vs 20w50 Which is better? by Bandito440 @ 12/14/14 11:17 AM

Are you asking which is better in a hydrostatic transmission? You've posted this question in the automotive motor oil forum. If you're looking for an oil recommendation, provide some information. What is this oil going to be used in? Type of vehi
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Draining out your old crankcase oil by Bamaro @ 12/14/14 11:17 AM

I just leave it drain and go and do other things for awhile. It could be 20 minutes or an hour or two.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: FL-400s with torn media by Turk @ 12/14/14 11:16 AM

Done buying FL-400S too. Sticking with NAPA Gold/Wix/M1 Ext. Perf.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hardwood flooring, just switched to :~) by beanoil @ 12/14/14 11:15 AM

Hardwood is timeless, looks good, and can be refinished. What's not to like? We just made the switch back in the spring. The only carpet is in the bedrooms so it's a little more comfy on bare tootsies for getting up in the middle of the night.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Duralube by Clevy @ 12/14/14 11:15 AM

If it doesn't contain amines and say so on the label don't bother.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Originally Posted By: EskimoClevy - I don't want to lose horsepower to a conventional oil though. The 600 class is VERY tight, and if I'm willing to pay $22 a gallon for gas that gives me 5hp, (and burn 10 gallons a weekend) I can't afford to lose 2
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: U.S. Army wants a new gun by FastGame @ 12/14/14 11:13 AM

IMO if Glock wanted the military contract and all it took to get one was adding the safety they would do it in a heart beat. We will see what happens...I say M&P or one of the FN's.
Jump to new posts Re: Is Royal purple worth the extra $$? by sir1900 @ 12/14/14 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By: devenOriginally Posted By: Oil ChangerNo retort to Al's UOA from the RP supporters? They picked now to bow out? Interesting. I'm left to conclude that RP can not produce better UOA than regular OTC oil. Wait. I already knew that
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Taurus vs Chevy Impala? by mrsilv04 @ 12/14/14 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: KD0AXSNo turbo or AWD, but Chevy's current police vehicle isn't the Impala. It's the Caprice PPV, which is RWD with the 6.0L V-8 Not sure where your flawed information is coming from, but GM has more than one police vehicle
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are your favorite one liner sayings? by spasm3 @ 12/14/14 11:09 AM

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car with worst cruise control you had? by Miller88 @ 12/14/14 11:09 AM

My Cherokee and a few others I have driven ALWAYS speed up 2mph from what you set the cruise at.
Jump to new posts Re: Draining out your old crankcase oil by Miller88 @ 12/14/14 11:04 AM

I drain the oil pan first, then move on to the filter. By then it's drained enough for me
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are your favorite one liner sayings? by L_Sludger @ 12/14/14 11:04 AM

Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 0w40 vs 20w50 Which is better? by NH73 @ 12/14/14 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Bandito440They are for different applications, so there is no better. In the US, Mobil 1 20w-50 is only sold as a motorcycle formula. There are 5w-50 and 15w-50 auto formulas. 0w-40 is designed for European cars, but can cer
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Latest Bath Iron Works Navy Ship by ls1mike @ 12/14/14 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: gathermewoolOriginally Posted By: ls1mikeOriginally Posted By: gathermewoolOriginally Posted By: ls1mikeJust another power projector. Lots of technology stuffed into those. Hope they preform well! Fixed it for you. :P I t
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Why don't you try Rotella T6 one time and see how it goes ? Get it tested and see what's going on.
Jump to new posts Re: Poor Running Cobalt...Questions? by ls1mike @ 12/14/14 11:02 AM

You have that weird one piece coil pack correct? I think you replace the whole thing. I think the boots are serviceable. Could be coils as they degrade when the car warms up. Should be easy to fix. 02, plugs, coil pack you under 200 bucks for part
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Duralube by CT8 @ 12/14/14 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Everybody swears by Seafoam; I haven't tried it though. I don't
Jump to new posts Re: Is Royal purple worth the extra $$? by deven @ 12/14/14 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Oil ChangerNo retort to Al's UOA from the RP supporters? They picked now to bow out? Interesting. I'm left to conclude that RP can not produce better UOA than regular OTC oil. Wait. I already knew that. Let's see in the 9+ year
Jump to new posts Re: 2005 Toyota Landcruiser by Boss302fan @ 12/14/14 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: TKNYLast question for you guys. I am going to go with Mobil 1 EP. Manual states 5w30, and the 100 series Land cruisers were not back specced to 0w20. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to run 0w30? Any negatives? In
Page 234 of 281 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 280 281 >