Yesterday at 06:43 PM
Blain's Farm & Fleet 4/24-5/4/14
by BrewCityR
Yesterday at 06:12 PM
Newest Members
Chevy94, ZiggyMacD, Rage2010, FenderGuy53, chevlvr
49690 Registered Users
Who's Online
17 registered (asand1, Discobubba, laking, Mathson, 2012AccentSE, fpracha, 2 invisible), 655 Guests and 217 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49690 Members
64 Forums
212376 Topics
3329576 Posts

Max Online: 2651 @ 04/21/14 04:38 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New Pennzoil Website Updates, TDSheets by Gokhan @ 04/18/14 02:12 PM

I thought GTL with 4000 cP CCS @ -30 C had a NOACK around 2%. Perhaps what's evaporating is the solvents in the additive package? Interestingly, the Ultra Platinum has higher NOACK than the vanilla Platinum. Is it because they have the same base
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas in my air compressor by racin4ds @ 04/18/14 02:10 PM

I totally believe its good stuff when your trying to buy some time with something thats on its last leg. Old rototiller thats knocking, old mowers, compressors etc. Just too darn thick to use in anything like a good automobile engine.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Q for Machinist by sleddriver @ 04/18/14 02:08 PM

I've been trying to find a replacement "driver" for an electric yard tool I've owned for years. (For more story, click here. Evidently it's no longer available individually, so I decided to make one. Here's the original part. The larger en
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Tail of the Dragon next week by CBR.worm @ 04/18/14 02:06 PM

I have done thousands of miles on those roads and have three tickets as reminders. on 129 past the overlook going away from NC, police patrol regularly. especially when you get down near the lake. I like the loop ( triangle) from the base of the d
Jump to new posts Re: MOTOR OIL “WEAR PROTECTION” RANKING LIST by FetchFar @ 04/18/14 02:06 PM

You know, 540rat's test does raise an interesting question: If you are a chemist/tribologist, what quick bench tests can you devise that would predict how your oil performs in all the expensive official tests? (to make sure you've got it right)
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-40 All year round? by CATERHAM @ 04/18/14 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Swift101Originally Posted By: Realtech2145w40 is fine. If your car calls for 5w30? why not use that? They manual recommends both grades, my logic is if i use a 40 weight it will shear down to a 30 weight. If I use a 30 I'll ge
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Women! And the nice guy by pandus13 @ 04/18/14 02:05 PM

have him take a week for himself to calm down. (because of his job you and his co-workers want him in one piece). than have him take a month of party. being what he is, i can guaranty that at week # 2 of the month, he will juggle 3 chicks, one being
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Honda HR-V by Hokiefyd @ 04/18/14 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: bepperbI think if it were raised two inches and marketed as an SUV it would have sold better, even if everything else was the same (interior room and offroad capability). Good point. This HR-V actually screams "Dodge Cali
Jump to new posts TGMO or bulk 0w20? by mdboulier @ 04/18/14 02:03 PM

First post. Love the forum so far. Thanks to all who participate. Went in for my camry hybrid's free 20kmi service today. Afterward I asked if they used TGMO, just curious. I was initially told the 0w20 was bulk valvoline synthetic that "met t
Jump to new posts Re: New Pennzoil Website Updates, TDSheets by FetchFar @ 04/18/14 01:58 PM

yeah, 10w-30 will work for a garaged vehicle. I guess a lot of us just try to optimize (lower) start up wear when cold.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Another take on lifetime fluid - BMW ZF by drtyler @ 04/18/14 01:58 PM

Here is a document from ZF that states a change interval between 80,000 and 120,000 km. Document from ZF After reading this, I don't see anything about resetting the computer.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Honda HR-V by Hokiefyd @ 04/18/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: suptonDumb question: is this HRV about the size of the original CRV? It probably is. It's amusing to me how cars continue to grow in size, and we keep making up new "subcompact" market classes that are simply the siz
Jump to new posts Re: Mobile Elite 222 by Gokhan @ 04/18/14 01:55 PM

A better question: Why do want to use an HDEO in a passenger-car application? It's not really tailored for that purpose, even though it meets some (but not all) of the SM specs and is allowed to be sold as dual-spec. Besides, SN is a better spec than
Jump to new posts Re: Another take on lifetime fluid - BMW ZF by DirkDiggler @ 04/18/14 01:53 PM

I was told same thing on our X5. It was a CPO that had approx 60k on it when bought dec 2010. I went to dealer @ 70k to have fluid changed and they wanted $900 and said it would fail. I used "bimmer shops" search enginge, found an awesom
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VW's not all bad just abused... by ChadHargis @ 04/18/14 01:52 PM

In my experience it's really hard to buy a bad car these days. Some are obviously better than others, but a Honda is no better than a Hyundai if both are neglected. I've owned Honda's back in the 90's that required valve adjustments and timing belt
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Ford Focus SE?? by andrewg @ 04/18/14 01:51 PM

My 2009 has been a big disapointment. It's a different car than an '07....but I would still avoid it. I can't imagine my heap making it to 123k miles without fairly major repairs along the way. I already need to fix the loose/knocking front end, brak
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-40 All year round? by Gokhan @ 04/18/14 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: GarakOriginally Posted By: GokhanAs I said, 7% improvement was for "gentle" driving, almost hypermiling. For more regular driving or fast driving, improvement would be a lot less. Also, as you said, 15W-40 has an HTHSV
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State Defy 10w-40 in my scooter... by Mackelroy @ 04/18/14 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets The Target stores around here carry very little motor oil if at all. It is weird how that happens. Yeah usually one type, like dino mobil, I guess some have totally different target stores, or maybe super Tar
Jump to new posts Re: MOTOR OIL “WEAR PROTECTION” RANKING LIST by demarpaint @ 04/18/14 01:47 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Another take on lifetime fluid - BMW ZF by The Critic @ 04/18/14 01:46 PM

I thought BMW recently revised the interval to 100k for ATF. I've seem a couple of E90s with this recommendation. Are you sure that yours doesn't have the 100k recommendation in the manual? With that said, in light duty use, I've seen a lot of cars
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Typical oil pressures in an engine? by Zaedock @ 04/18/14 01:45 PM

As mentioned, oil filters bypass with differential pressure. This can occur when the engine is cold and the oil is viscous and it can also occur for a moment at operating temp when you go wide open throttle.
Here, its similar or same to GTX Synblend (gray bottle in the U.S.): Link to Australian GTX Professional DX synthetic blend dexos1 oil pds.
Jump to new posts Re: MOTOR OIL “WEAR PROTECTION” RANKING LIST by aquariuscsm @ 04/18/14 01:43 PM

I always enjoy posts about tests like these. They're interesting and a lot of fun to read....freezer tests,oven tests,timken bearing tests. I just find them fun and interesting!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Women! And the nice guy by andrewg @ 04/18/14 01:42 PM

Without truly having inside knowledge on the relationship, soliciting opinions here really doesn't serve much purpose except to show the opinion of others when given such limited information. She could be a perfectly decent young lady and he is a wei
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cultured Marble Help by SteveSRT8 @ 04/18/14 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: bepperbIt's a progression of grits like anything else. http://www.dupont.com/products-and-servi...top-repair.html EXACTLY! Not rocket science. Easy and simple, just like wet sanding a car...
Page 234 of 251 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 250 251 >