by Mulestang
Today at 06:46 AM
Calamari
by Char Baby
Today at 06:44 AM
The Coffee Police..
by Warstud
Today at 05:26 AM
Cheap No Contract phone wanted... Sick of it.
by JGmazda
Today at 02:52 AM
1994 Volvo 945 / Q8 T1000D Dino 10w30 @8000 Km
by miniac007
Today at 02:32 AM
What are your favorite detailing products?
by The Critic
Today at 02:27 AM
Oil Filter Autopsy Question
by Nyogtha
Today at 12:58 AM
Napa Gold (Wix) Oil Filters Threads Machined Badly
by crazyoildude
Today at 12:44 AM
Need oil for car with oil control ring issues
by Oro_O
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
AMSOIL Oil Filter Demonstrator
by CELICA_XX
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Newest Members
ArtGarcia, 12e, AnonyBliss, Rits, BMEP
51659 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (AandPDan, -SyN-, abycat, 2010_FX4, 2004tdigls, 6 invisible), 1559 Guests and 157 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51659 Members
64 Forums
221048 Topics
3493925 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 13k mile oil change by KD0AXS @ 10/15/14 09:39 AM

I had an 86 CRX. I seem to remember a sticker under the hood saying that the recommended OCI was 7500 miles. This was when everyone else still insisted on 3000 mile OCIs. If they could run 7500 mile OCIs back then, I seriously doubt that 14K on a mod
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts violently shaking Buick-new member by kingofnineball @ 10/15/14 09:38 AM

a big thanks to this forum. while searching the net for an answer to my Buick shaking violently problem I came upon a string from years ago initiated by Grampi with the same problem. All the posts were well thought out and along with you tube and my
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by hatt @ 10/15/14 09:37 AM

Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy Cruze loaner by Dave Sherman @ 10/15/14 09:37 AM

Steve: No sunroof, it just seems to be a low roof. I'd hate to see what it's like with a sunroof. Larry: Yep, that stinks when routine maintenance is that difficult. I thought the Traverse was bad because I had to remove the intake manifold to c
Oil Additives
Originally Posted By: Apollo14Too bad dave5358 is not around right now. Don't you dare teasing him for he shall come back (records shown that over and over again) and spam us all over again... or simply go along to other boards and badmouth us ove
Tires & Wheels
I believe that future snow test is in regards to their 4+ tire shootout.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Paper on hex boron nitride, molybdenum disulfide by Antisoshal @ 10/15/14 09:33 AM

Conversely: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0303264708001627 My understanding of the physics/chemistry involved in HBN is that it requires a much higher temperature and possibly pressure to deposit in the manner that provides its
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investors....come in please! by friendly_jacek @ 10/15/14 09:33 AM

For the record, I exited BIS and bought gold and gold miners.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by 01rangerxl @ 10/15/14 09:32 AM

Nurses from the hospital in Dallas say there was no real protocol when handling the initial Ebola patient... http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/dall...ocol/ar-AA6RbsN
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Having a gun on you.... by hatt @ 10/15/14 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: IndyIan Well the guy could've shot you before you hand over the gun? Odds are he won't after you've made his life a bit easier... Anyways, I sure am glad I don't have to deal with situations like this, playing the odds when g
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by Smokescreen @ 10/15/14 09:31 AM

Another (the 3rd) case in Texas: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html?hpt=hp_t1 A second health worker that was involved with the treatment of Thomas Duncan has now tested positive. There are 70+ other workers that we
Jump to new posts Re: bad turbo pics by mcrn @ 10/15/14 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Astro14Quit looking at oil as a way to mitigate the problem. Water cool the bearing housing and fix the temperature extremes in this application. That's what Volvo did. Agreed....but why not get the most protection possibl
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Monster. I just don't get it. by SteveSRT8 @ 10/15/14 09:29 AM

Man, these youngsters will be staring heart disease in the face very early in their life with a diet of simple sugars and caffeine!
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: What should I pay for a 2010 Taurus SHO? by SteveSRT8 @ 10/15/14 09:27 AM

C&D tested a 2013 with the PP and stated it had: bigger calipers (67 percent more swept area) front only, better pads, bigger master cylinder, bigger brake booster, 20 inch wheels with summer only Goodyear F1's, Power steering recalibrations, sta
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Issue by Olas @ 10/15/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: OlasVent yr PCV to atmosphere, clean the TB again, disconnect the battery for half an hour or so and then go through the relearn idle procedure. If the issue persists replace the tps. Assuming, of
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy Cruze loaner by larryinnewyork @ 10/15/14 09:23 AM

Eyeballing the engine it looks like the accessory belt would be a chore to replace. It neatly surrounds the engine mount, and it doesn't appear there is any way to get it out without unbolting the motor mount first. WOW I would imagine a lot of DIY
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Pressurized Reservoirs Flush Instructions by BMWTurboDzl @ 10/15/14 09:22 AM

what a waste of distilled water. 2-6 flushes? It's coolant for god sake not radioactive water.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Car Lists by HangFire @ 10/15/14 09:22 AM

The Vega engine/drivetrain story is another Fail. The drivetrain came out over 200 lbs heavier than the original design called for, it was supposed to be a lightweight engine for a lightweight car. Then they had to add more weight to fix the problem.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New to me Olds 88. by threeputtpar @ 10/15/14 09:20 AM

Nice score on this one! My grandfather had one of these a while back and passed it on to my aunt. It drove forever, but up here the rust got it before it's time should have been up. The headliners of GM products of the 80s and 90s all came apart at
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Having a gun on you.... by IndyIan @ 10/15/14 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: hattOriginally Posted By: surfstarOriginally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: PanzermanFirst of all, I wouldn't hand over my gun, regardless if he got the drop, been shot before, I will get shot again. I am not giving up
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Using 100LL in small engines by hatt @ 10/15/14 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Propflux01Gee, guess that's why all of us older guys are all stupid now from all that lead exposure from leaded fueled cars from the seventies, not to mention all those lawns I mowed as a kid... Don't forget all the lead exposur
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Used Vehicles by SteveSRT8 @ 10/15/14 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04Maybe we should have yet another round of "cash for clunkers"... I'm sure the usual supporters must now chime in to tell you what a wonderful program it was...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: You will run smoother,quieter,and no vibration... by John_Conrad @ 10/15/14 09:13 AM

awesome! at my age I may need the High Mileage formula...or perhaps the gradual clean outs may be safer!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Well well well - secrets of Iraq revealed by SteveSRT8 @ 10/15/14 09:13 AM

yep, ole saddam was a real Humanitarian. Nothing over there but baby incubators and milk processing...
Those relays constantly go bad. My son always kept a spare in his glove box - on his 02 Neon - the A/C, starter, fuel pump and ASD were all the same relay - interchangeable.
Page 234 of 235 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 >