by OceanRuns
Today at 07:15 PM
New V-Twin oil from AMSOIL
by Rat407
Today at 07:07 PM
Pennzoil warranty rebate, any luck?
by dothedrew1202
Today at 06:56 PM
Which Pentofrost coolant to use for Audi?
by Mike141
Today at 06:29 PM
Wire tracer?
by Rand
Today at 06:09 PM
'09 Subaru Forester CANBUS comm code stored
by LoneRanger
Today at 05:33 PM
MANN Air Filter after 5 Years and 52,000 Miles
by HTSS_TR
Today at 05:25 PM
Oil Additives
by Trav
Today at 05:05 PM
Newest Members
mjl, Adamo91, Burbman, Mrmead, JoeStang
53018 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (01rangerxl, 1kickbuttranger, 2010_FX4, 04SE, 3for3, 36yrsinTX, 12 invisible), 1678 Guests and 263 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53018 Members
66 Forums
227487 Topics
3629040 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Lenovo deliberately ships PCs with adware? by demarpaint @ 02/26/15 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By: GarakIf I found myself in the position to "need" an actual Windows system, I'd be extremely tempted to buy something lacking an operating system and then paying for the OS. This isn't exactly a new problem - just a va
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5w20 verses 5w30 in other countries without cafe. by aquariuscsm @ 02/26/15 06:49 AM

Best way to find that info is to go on an oil company's site's lube match for your car. Try this one: http://lubematch.shell.com.au
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: antiqueshellOriginally Posted By: whip If you're willing to compromise your character and integrity based on how you're treated, you don't have character and integrity. I have compromised nothing, since the other party has al
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Truck Bed Liner as an Undercoating? by Char Baby @ 02/26/15 06:46 AM

I saw it and it's quite interesting! Of course, I love watching things getting blown up!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: O2 readings by Vikas @ 02/26/15 06:45 AM

By the way, many OBD-II AFR O2 readings are converted in to old style O2 readings before displaying.
Originally Posted By: SHOZMy 2010 Gen Coupe 2L turbo came with an oil cap that says 5w20. I assume it was also the factory fill. But the manual says anything up to 10w30 too. Since 2011 they put 5w30 as the minimum though and go up to 10w40. I
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: AT&T is dumb. School Me On WiMax. by tony1679 @ 02/26/15 06:43 AM

I am 7 miles away from Company "B's" Tower. Between 3-4 miles from Company "A's". Even if I were 15 miles away from "A", they can still give me insane speeds. I guess I just don't understand the vast difference.
Jump to new posts Re: O2 readings by Oldmoparguy1 @ 02/26/15 06:42 AM

You have a vacuum leak somewhere. The ECU is reading too much O2 so is adding fuel. A cylinder misfire will cause the same thing but you can usually feel that. The O2 sensor reads O2, not fuel. It can be pig rich and still read too much O2.
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bypass installation by zpinch @ 02/26/15 06:41 AM

I have seen the TopDog before yes, don't know anyone who has installed one, however. Looks like a good unit, and you can use Amsoil bypass elements (EABP-90, 100, 110..) the BP-90 is plenty large enough for most passenger vehicles, with larger diese
Originally Posted By: KrisZThe problem is that people do not realize that choosing Xw20 or Xw30 oil has no measurable effect on engine life, at least in NA consumer grade vehicles, not used commercially and provided that they are spec-ed for Xw20 oil
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: AT&T is dumb. School Me On WiMax. by michaelluscher @ 02/26/15 06:40 AM

Don't even consider WiMax long term, it's gonna be shut down 11/6/2015, and It wasn't very good when it was in its prime. It's not line of sight, but its such a damm high frequency for alleged capacity, that it just doesn't go very far or penetrate
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: AT&T is dumb. School Me On WiMax. by eljefino @ 02/26/15 06:37 AM

How far are you from the tower? There might be latency issues or licensing ones for max RF power etc. in short the technology might not be there but marketing calls it something else.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $2/qt for oil by tc1446 @ 02/26/15 06:36 AM

Sounds like a TV series in the making: Oil Hoarders
Jump to new posts Re: Maintenance Mystery: Plug Wires by Kira @ 02/26/15 06:35 AM

Hello, I was wondering why someone changing wires didn't change the cap and rotor and at least inspect the plugs at the same time. Also, if mechanics and dealerships are such shameless thieves, why didn't they steer you towards a cap and rotor. ?
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts AT&T is dumb. School Me On WiMax. by tony1679 @ 02/26/15 06:34 AM

I want HOME internet service. I live in a city of more than 100k people, and live in the current year of 2015. There are fiber lines (AT&T) literally running through my 1 acre property (72 feet from line to house to be exact). There is even a ped
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil super hm. by wemay @ 02/26/15 06:31 AM

A little perplexing, back of bottle (comparison picture area) says synthetic blend but Mobil tech line says its a conventional....
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 'Net Neutrality' by eljefino @ 02/26/15 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Drew99GTOriginally Posted By: pbmThe more I read the more I OPPOSE this legislation. The problem with the current bill is, it's secret. We don't know what's in there. Are they going to start charging licenses to produce cont
My 2010 Gen Coupe 2L turbo came with an oil cap that says 5w20. I assume it was also the factory fill. But the manual says anything up to 10w30 too. Since 2011 they put 5w30 as the minimum though and go up to 10w40. I use either 0w30 or 0w40 in
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: AMSOIL AND A 2014 CHEVY SILVERADO by Trav @ 02/26/15 06:28 AM

I have had the feeling since the Mobil 1 PAO production got hit by Katrina that Amsoil started using SOPUS as a supplier for their base stocks. The PDS for Ultra and then SS were so close it would be splitting hairs. They probably did a little rewor
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Dewalt 20volt 1/2 Impact Gun, my diety. by Donald @ 02/26/15 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2I have the milwaukee fuel, which is as strong as the IR, and it couldn't take off the seized lugs that I estimate at 400 ft-lb seizure... http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...ess#Post3636174 The M18 Fuel high torqu
Originally Posted By: KrisZThe problem is that people do not realize that choosing Xw20 or Xw30 oil has no measurable effect on engine life, at least in NA consumer grade vehicles, not used commercially and provided that they are spec-ed for Xw20 oil
The problem is that people do not realize that choosing Xw20 or Xw30 oil has no measurable effect on engine life, at least in NA consumer grade vehicles, not used commercially and provided that they are spec-ed for Xw20 oils. All the discussions and
Jump to new posts Re: O2 readings by eljefino @ 02/26/15 06:22 AM

Wonder if your injectors aren't balanced or you have an IM gasket vacuum leak.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Aftermarket brakes vs OEM by Donald @ 02/26/15 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: QuestAkebono ProACTS, better than stock/OEM and I've been doing them on all the Hondas I serviced (incl. my own fit) for the past 6+yrs, better bite and durability than factory. Q. +1 on Akebono. I buy them for every vehicle
Jump to new posts Re: Maintenance Mystery: Plug Wires by bama7x57 @ 02/26/15 06:17 AM

I would say you have another issue. The new plugs and wires are only temporarily masking another problem. Possibly something as simple as a faulty cap and/or rotor. Injector is another possibility.
Page 234 of 290 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 289 290 >