Recent Topics
40K miles, no oil change, engine seized, Yikes!
by sasilverbullet
30 minutes 4 seconds ago
2004 Honda Odyssey Transmission Leak
by raffy
36 minutes 50 seconds ago
Trip in the Cube.
by refaller
Today at 07:36 AM
3M 39089 Fuel System Tune-Up Kit
by Newreet
Today at 07:04 AM
How to tell if an oil is sludging up from UOA?
by nobb
Today at 06:52 AM
CSF radiators?
by Falcon_LS
Today at 05:20 AM
What are we all running in our differentials ?
by Shannow
Today at 05:10 AM
Choosing a stabilizer bar
by Falcon_LS
Today at 02:18 AM
Many UOA show vis loss. New norm?
by wemay
Today at 01:33 AM
The tie seller
by Kuato
Today at 12:14 AM
[censored] Spark plug?
by DoubleWasp
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Best Stuff to Clean IAC and VSV
by BrandonVA
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Newest Members
ron17571, eajones, Baldur, xc_racer, walken100
51998 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (Bamaro, 1999nick, 4wheeldog, Bandito440, 3800Series, 12 invisible), 1421 Guests and 169 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51998 Members
66 Forums
222627 Topics
3524150 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Use winter wheels without the TPMS? (Corolla) by demarpaint @ 11/19/14 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: TeggerOriginally Posted By: demarpaintTPMS is another improvement I'd be very happy living without. Write to your Congressman and tell him that. He's responsible for TPMS; automakers don't install them just for fun. No thanks
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cable or satellite? by dlundblad @ 11/19/14 03:47 PM

Eliminate cable and satellite. Internet is all you need.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Peak Motor Oil by KCJeep @ 11/19/14 03:46 PM

Thanks for reminding me I need to get some of the ATF.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: What's better for my Cummins, OAT or HOAT? by another Todd @ 11/19/14 03:43 PM

From the article: Update: November 2012 Chrysler Switches to New Coolant for Model Year 2013 Though Chrysler has used G-05 HOAT low-silicate formula coolant for over a decade, it is changing formulas for model year 2013. The new coolant will be a
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Use winter wheels without the TPMS? (Corolla) by Bladecutter @ 11/19/14 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackOriginally Posted By: oldhpSadly....if you were the cause of a wreck because of a blown/flat or whatever tire with people killed, now-a-days the lawyers would eat you alive. Yes I know the odds, just sayin'. We have
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Nokian Hakka R2 winter tires by Quattro Pete @ 11/19/14 03:42 PM

Dang, that's a good price. I didn't even know DTD sold Nokian tires. They don't show up on discounttire.com
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Firearms rust prevention by 901Memphis @ 11/19/14 03:41 PM

Mpro7 cleaner and lube for me.
Jump to new posts Re: Firearms rust prevention by 3800Series @ 11/19/14 03:40 PM

The aerosol break free is worthless in my opinion. If you can try to avoid them. I wipe mine down with 3 in 1 when I'm done using it. And if I'm storing it for awhile I wipe it down dry really well and apply a very minimum amount of car wax to it th
Jump to new posts Re: What are Friction Modifiers? by wemay @ 11/19/14 03:39 PM

I have a question "...Esters, natural and synthetic fatty acids as well as some solid materials such as graphite and molybdenum disulfide are used for these purposes..."Where do the Sodum based lubricants like Valvoline etc., fit in this? M
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Nokian Hakka R2 winter tires by stuffinder @ 11/19/14 03:38 PM

Discount Tire Direct is offering some outstanding deals on Hakka's in limited sizes. Only the Hakka R2 & R2 SUV. I just ordered a set of 195/65x15 R2's for $364 shipped. They have the 235/60/18 Hakka R2 SUV for $151 ea. shipped http://www.discou
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cable or satellite? by knerml @ 11/19/14 03:33 PM

I would consider antenna TV with TIVO and streaming from Amazon, Netflix, etc
Vehicles
Originally Posted By: lizpatI don't agree with the low place of the Accord though.. I like the Accord a lot. I don't either but to a certain extent, I get it. The Hyundai is very very good. Yes, it's gone bland, but it's still a good vehicle. I
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cable or satellite? by Donald @ 11/19/14 03:32 PM

I have DirectTV and feel they provide great service. You will have to price out a package to see the cost. I do not have issues with snow storms. But I do not watch more than 1 hr a day. I record almost everything I watch in their DVR box. You c
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buying 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee tomorrow by kkreit01 @ 11/19/14 03:29 PM

Wow, you were all over the place. You went from a Volt to a 10 yr-old Grand Cherokee? Congrats on your purchase. Good luck, and enjoy.
Vehicles
I only drove the 2014.5 Camry, not the 2015.... but the Accord's seats are firm but supportive, similar to my Jeep Grand Cherokee. They are soft and springy when going over bumps. I find Toyota seats to be kinda lifeless and supportless.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cable or satellite? by rshaw125 @ 11/19/14 03:29 PM

Neither. I cut the cord years ago. I have internet which I have voip phone service running on. There is not a show,movie,game that I can't get.
Vehicles
how do the accord seats compare to Camry - harder? softer? -seat length from your back to under your knee? shorter? longer?
Vehicles
Originally Posted By: bepperbReliability and resale not a factor in a midsize sedan... um... ok. Seriously 10% of this test was a category "child seats" where somehow the Malibu gets a 9 and a Chrysler 200 gets a 6. What does that even m
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Coldest start temp for your motorcycle? by grampi @ 11/19/14 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Silverado12Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: RatBikeRandyAround 27 Fahrenheit is my limit. Seems to be a good temp to purchase bikes (3 so far at this temp) Nobody else is buying when it's cold. Rode one home
Vehicles
Having just purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Sport, I would say that the Sport is a much better driving vehicle, with better seats and better tires (i.e., quieter in the cabin).... but I agree with the sentiment of there are no duds in this group. I jus
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Cable or satellite? by Chuckinator @ 11/19/14 03:21 PM

I had a [censored] match today with my cable provider. My bill went up this month to $145 and change from $123 something. I called and threatened to cancel and the wouldn't budge on the price, so I called Fios and spoke to them. Fios Internet and pho
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing Dexcool and Dodge 5 year HOAT coolant ok? by Silverado12 @ 11/19/14 03:20 PM

Unless your water is really bad, GM says it's OK to mix with tap water in their service manual. That's all I have ever used and never had any issues.
Jump to new posts Re: Firearms rust prevention by Robenstein @ 11/19/14 03:19 PM

On highly polished finishes such as nickel, blued, etc....I have found a wax works best such as Flitz or Rennaissance Wax. Keep your skin oils from attacking the metal especially well. Otherwise I have had decent luck with CLP, Rem Oil, and Ballist
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by salv @ 11/19/14 03:15 PM

2003 Chevy Trailblazer Out: Peak 10w40 Fram XG3675 In: Autozone Full Synthetic 5w30 PGO-5288
Vehicles
Reliability and resale not a factor in a midsize sedan... um... ok. Seriously 10% of this test was a category "child seats" where somehow the Malibu gets a 9 and a Chrysler 200 gets a 6. What does that even mean? I don't dispute that the
Page 234 of 244 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 243 244 >