by jiffydarren
09/02/14 09:00 PM
less than a month
by Donald
09/02/14 08:33 PM
Replacing the Dry Cracked Michelins
by Nick1994
09/02/14 08:31 PM
Any tips on reupholstering center arm rest?
by gregk24
09/02/14 08:09 PM
Which grand touring smoothest, quietest on Civic?
by flinter
09/02/14 08:08 PM
Newest Members
Krom11, psalty, BBBB, emg, morgantruce
51188 Registered Users
Who's Online
61 registered (BBBB, Apollo14, asiancivicmaniac, babbittd, 5 invisible), 1159 Guests and 237 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51188 Members
64 Forums
218726 Topics
3449032 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Ranger Ball Joint Rubbers Rotted by Nayov @ 08/27/14 05:46 PM

45K miles you are doing good. On my '01, one of the lowers had to be replaced in order to pass state inspection at only 25,000 miles! Many problems with that lemon and it was gone 2 months later.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: oil by Garak @ 08/27/14 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: fdcg27Arco, I sometimes think of you as the engine destroyer and other times as the engine whisperer. Engines already have extensive durability. Could you imagine if the manufacturers could contract with Arco and make engines t
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
There is what looks like a lot of fuel, but then you spent a number of miles in the rich part of the fuel map while tracking. Other than that, it looks good. I'd try those five track days and then see what the oil looks like. I'll bet that you'll se
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by OVERKILL @ 08/27/14 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: DustyBones Just a guess here, but you lack the basic ability to use the search function here. http://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2233731 Put the little pointer thingy over that link and cli
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8ANYONE who imagines this country is business friendly drinks too much kool aid... We certainly have our gems here, too, based upon jurisdiction. In Saskatoon, you need a business license in almost all instances, though
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by jrustles @ 08/27/14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: wemayNo one bashed anyone for switching from M1 to something else. OP, anyone bash your choice to switch? Most just wanted to know what the issue was. DustyBones is the one who came out gunzablazzin. Everyone understands that a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts A/C woes..again by Eric Smith @ 08/27/14 05:36 PM

Any Focus A/C guru's in here? Guess it could be similar to other Ford's of the era. It's been about 3 years since the AC was overhauled almost completely. Can't remember all the specifics but they had to replace the compressor and the one of the hose
Jump to new posts Re: Oil temperature? by Lex94 @ 08/27/14 05:35 PM

Pennzoil yellow bottle 10w30, PUP 10w30, Quaker State green bottle 5w20 have all been outstanding...just give them a try.
Jump to new posts Re: 5w50 synthetic? by Bandito440 @ 08/27/14 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: NickdfreshI just noticed that Mobil 1's site now lists 5W-50 as available in the American market, not that I've ever seen it in a store... It's been around, but I only saw it on a shelf at a NAPA once. Amazon has had it availab
Jump to new posts Re: 15w50 and ambient temperature by Ducman @ 08/27/14 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93What temperature would a 15w oil start to become dangerously thick? In another thread i told about taking the plunge from 10w30 to 15w50 to see what effects it has and to see if it fixes a few issues My question is, w
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Door rubber gasket care by Garak @ 08/27/14 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: DBMasterI used to use silicone lubricant spray on a paper towel on my 89 Accord. That worked for 23 years. I'd use the HG Rubber Care much the same way, and it is essentially a silicone, too. It's also quite handy when trying
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota Sienna vs. Traverse vs. ? for family of 6 by Oregoonian @ 08/27/14 05:31 PM

Toyota 4-Runner...with 3rd row seats....IMO would fit the bill perfectly. The 8-cyl engine is rock solid and with good maintenance, should last to 300K easily. To save $$$, I would avoid a new vehicle and look for a 3 to 4 year old with under 50K o
Jump to new posts Re: 81 Fairmont valvetrain pics by oldhp @ 08/27/14 05:29 PM

That little engine is mechanical art.
Automotive General Topics
Originally Posted By: zzyzzxI am pretty sure that is already happening. Agreed. Even from a traffic analysis perspective, it would make sense.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
You’ll probably continue to get along just fine. These engines haven't proven particularly problematic with lubrication concerns.
These engines seem to do well with Rotella T6 also, I've switched two (that a friend owns) over to T6 and stopped an oils consumption issue with one and made both run and sound very smooth and quiet. FWIW; these engines are know to toss rod bearings
Jump to new posts Re: oil by fdcg27 @ 08/27/14 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteI dont know what to run in the Nissan for OCI #1 - the TOUGH One: the first one with no assy lube moly where the engine usually take a FIT saying "where's the Moly!!!" CLATTER CLATTER CLATTER! I might jus
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by Doug Hillary @ 08/27/14 05:24 PM

Hi, DustyBones - Thanks for the response! Sadly you did not answer the question; Please define what you mean by extra wear I look forward to your well balanced and definitive answer - if only so that a few of us un-educated Posters can be suitabl
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by Garak @ 08/27/14 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DustyBonesI have yet to see actual scientific proof it is better and the extra wear in UOAs along with instant consumption and added engine noise would make it easy for me to choose otherwise, and it has. You have been asked to
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 9 year old kid kills gun instructor with auto Uzi by youdontwannaknow @ 08/27/14 05:23 PM

the only one person in this whole thing I truly feel sad about is the girl. Poor child what a lifelong trauma she has to live with all her life just because of the darwin parents.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart Experiences by Pop_Rivit @ 08/27/14 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: jcwitWould you not have informed them of the tranny filter before hand, I always let any mechanic know of anything such as this. Never take anything for granted, and never assume anything, to do either of them is folly. If
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Get a load of the Elio by spasm3 @ 08/27/14 05:22 PM

Like i said before , they interest me, but the delivery date keeps changing. I am also curious to see if they can meet the pricepoint.
Jump to new posts Re: Havoline Pro Ds Synthetic by ThirdeYe @ 08/27/14 05:22 PM

Yep, I bought some on sale at O'Reilly a few weeks ago. I've used their older SM rated formula, but I haven't tried this new stuff yet. I really like Havoline oil, and I expect this stuff to work just fine.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Used 2013 Mustang finish? by Camprunner @ 08/27/14 05:21 PM

I recently purchased a 2013 Mustang GT with 12,000 miles and in like new shape the color is a deep blue and when clean it really looks great "from say 5 feet away!" What I did not notice on purchase call it caught up in the moment and bough
Vehicles
I personally chose a 4th generation Ford Explorer for my similar dilemma. To answer the OP's question, It's not even a discussion TOYOTA ! You could not begin to compare the two manufactures in terms of reliability..... IIRC the traverse has the sam
Page 234 of 262 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 261 262 >