by Shannow
Today at 05:27 AM
NGK Laser Plat vs NGK Laser Iridum
by David1
Today at 03:34 AM
Q: For people that go multiple OCI on oil filters
by linksep
Today at 02:18 AM
This should be Good for a few hours of fun...
by montero1
Today at 01:02 AM
went on date and couldnt wait to get on bitog.com
by Marco620
Today at 12:19 AM
Newest Members
alosid, ALRUI, RestoGuy, Jeffro, Socalwrencher
51958 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (440Magnum, 97tbird, 05LGTLtd, 901Memphis, 4wheeldog, 8 invisible), 1660 Guests and 162 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51958 Members
64 Forums
222420 Topics
3520086 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Synthetic Oil and the Hemi Tick by SteveSRT8 @ 11/14/14 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: SilverSnakeOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8We have two Hemis in our stable now. Neither have any tick. One is a 6.1 with over 100k hard miles and the other is a brand new 14 Ram we just got. I am certain the issue is an adbv pro
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Why is PU so difficult to find? by Quattro Pete @ 11/14/14 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX So you can go to your local Walmart and find lets say PU Euro 5w40 on the shelf? Just FYI, but PU 5w-40 has been discontinued. The new oil is now PP Euro 5w-40, nowhere yet to be found as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Why is PU so difficult to find? by wog @ 11/14/14 03:09 PM

3 walmarts around me have it all the time go online to walmart they can get it.
Jump to new posts Re: toyota 86 oil question by Trav @ 11/14/14 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM Bringing the subject back to motor oil, that's another reason not to deviate from what's specified. Running a ridiculously heavy oil such as the 10W-60 grade you're suggesting would be very foolish indeed although I h
Tool Time
That Craftsman set is very nice. Love the big # laser etching. I've got Craftsman sockets from the 70's I still use.
Jump to new posts Re: Why is PU so difficult to find? by chrisri @ 11/14/14 03:09 PM

Not really a help for you, but just wanted to say how in different markets different things are easy or hard to find. I literally can (and do) buy Shell Ultra in pretty much any supermarket where I'm getting my groceries. And for cheap. M1 on anoth
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Originally Posted By: badtlcOriginally Posted By: jaygOriginally Posted By: badtlcGM engines just spit the metals. Not sure why GM can't make a low wearing engine like every other manufacturer. This UOA looks fine for a GM engine. They shed lots
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Users - Feedback? by oldmaninsc @ 11/14/14 03:08 PM

I've had my S5 for several months. Everything works great - battery life is very good. I use it for texting, occasional phone calls and light internet use and email. Love the bright clear screen, bluetooth works great, no problems.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Explorer with 2.0L Ecoboost... by Jeffs2006EvoIX @ 11/14/14 03:07 PM

I just have not seen the "Eco" in these engines. "Real World" they are the same as a V6 from I have seen. Jeff
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to oil catch can by badtlc @ 11/14/14 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX I just really dont see the point of these things. I am sure they serve a purpose, I just haven't found one yet. Jeff The purpose is to reduce that point of detonation so you can push everything further. The
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: What Next for Tar Removal? by wog @ 11/14/14 03:06 PM

Mineral spirits or acetone then wipe off,wash after.
Jump to new posts Re: Why is PU so difficult to find? by Jeffs2006EvoIX @ 11/14/14 03:06 PM

Not where I live. No where to be found. So you can go to your local Walmart and find lets say PU Euro 5w40 on the shelf? I cant. They have ZERO PU within 100 miles of where I live. Jeff
Jump to new posts Re: most techs recommended frequent oci by SteveSRT8 @ 11/14/14 03:06 PM

Probably the same as a surgeon. They seem to recommend SURGERY!
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: What Next for Tar Removal? by tdpark @ 11/14/14 03:05 PM

Crisco- it works with some elbow grease.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Explorer with 2.0L Ecoboost... by badtlc @ 11/14/14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIXI think these are excellent looking SUV's but I just dont get the whole "Eco Boost" thing. If you look at the reports for "real world" driving you will see they get the same mileage as a V6 pow
Jump to new posts Re: toyota 86 oil question by Shannow @ 11/14/14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: CATERHAMI have witnessed engines broken at the track by guys showing up with 50 grade oil in the sump on a cold day. When their track session came up, it's maximum rev's on a virtually stone cold engine with disastrous results.
Jump to new posts Re: how to oil catch can by 2009Edge @ 11/14/14 03:05 PM

I got one off e-bay for $25. Nice polished aluminum . Installed it on my Edge with the 3.5L to help keep burnt carbon off the intake valves tops. Works very well. Installed myself.
Jump to new posts Re: how to oil catch can by Jeffs2006EvoIX @ 11/14/14 03:04 PM

Oil Catch Cans for a Daily driver IMO are a waste of money. Yes they make catch some crud, but thats because your by passing the vehicles own way of getting rid of this "gunk" on its own and your "catching" it in a can. So what?
Jump to new posts Re: how to oil catch can by 440Magnum @ 11/14/14 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: HangFireHow useful they are depends on how much PCV based oil consumption you have, and whether that consumption is problematic in some way. He's got a PT Cruiser- the 2.4L EDZ installation in that vehicle is notorious for oi
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing Oils? by tig1 @ 11/14/14 03:03 PM

M1 does not recommend mixing different oils. Here is there link. http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Moto...tional_Oil.aspx
Jump to new posts Re: Why is PU so difficult to find? by LT4 Vette @ 11/14/14 03:01 PM

Every Walmart I've been at in central FL has PU oil.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Explorer with 2.0L Ecoboost... by Jeffs2006EvoIX @ 11/14/14 03:00 PM

I think these are excellent looking SUV's but I just dont get the whole "Eco Boost" thing. If you look at the reports for "real world" driving you will see they get the same mileage as a V6 powered SUV. So whats the point of the
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with our semi fleet cam problems. by jrmason @ 11/14/14 03:00 PM

^^^I agree with Ken^^^ Scaeffer caters to fleets such as yours, they sell in bulk and have an excellent oil analysis program. Find a rep near you, and he will work with you to establish a maintenance program that will be cost effective for you witho
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing Oils? by chrisri @ 11/14/14 02:57 PM

Well yes, you can mix oils without problem, but general consensus here is that this practice is not beneficial and can cause different additives to interact in a way that is not best for the engine. I should also mention that there was some very go
Jump to new posts Why is PU so difficult to find? by Jeffs2006EvoIX @ 11/14/14 02:56 PM

Has anyone wondered why this oil is so difficult to find? I mean, Pennzoil throws all this hype out about this oil that is the best thing since sliced bread (so they say) and will clean your engine, and keep it that way better than any other oil (so
Page 234 of 243 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 242 243 >