Today at 07:39 AM
Windshield: can it be repaired?
by supton
Today at 07:12 AM
Newest Members
pperras01, Grabberblu, Dave_PPE, davebe, Logos
58964 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (86cutlass307, 4thstpositively, 4WD, 1foxracing, 09_GXP, 11 invisible), 1721 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58964 Members
66 Forums
253775 Topics
4166598 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by Merkava_4 @ 08/23/16 09:28 PM

You might need a new toilet wax ring.
Oil Analysis - General Questions
It will be just fine. Kendall GT-1 is an excellent oil! Looking forward to UOA!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by sxg6 @ 08/23/16 09:26 PM

So do you guys think emptying the septic tank won't do anything, and is not the source of the problem?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at some old posts by Merkava_4 @ 08/23/16 09:25 PM

I'm still changing my oil based on color; that trumps all the 3000 mile-ers.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by Vern_in_IL @ 08/23/16 09:25 PM

Quote:also there is a vent that goes to the roof to allow the gas to escape . The vent sucks air in, after, say a flush, the air sucks in the vent pipe, so the vacuum does not suck the water out of the pipe traps.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by sxg6 @ 08/23/16 09:24 PM

No auto vent under the sink. I forgot to mention I went on the roof and looked down the vent to see if I could see anything. I could only see about 3' down the vent, but didn't see anything. New toilets were installed last year, I'm wondering if may
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by NibbanaBanana @ 08/23/16 09:24 PM

^^ Or if the roof vent is close to an open window, a breeze from the right direction could do it.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Low cost sedan looks better than expensive one by edwardh1 @ 08/23/16 09:24 PM

agree lexi grill is really bad the ones 10 years ago were great
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: JASO MA-2 by JonfromCB @ 08/23/16 09:23 PM

The meat of MA2 is providing the most efficient clutch friction during starting, accelerating and sustained clutch engagement, AND reduced emissions via less oil additive emissions and longer catalytic life.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by strongt @ 08/23/16 09:21 PM

Your bathroom sink could be vented by a auto vent. Look under the sink and follow the plumbing up. If there is a small round piece higher then your pea trap. Then you have a auto vent. If so it could be stuck open letting the gasses in.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: More refined, smoother CVT - Corolla or Civic? by Miller88 @ 08/23/16 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: wemayOriginally Posted By: Miller88They are a wash compared to a Nissan CVT - both Honda and Toyota make much better acting CVTs! I've read how bad the Nissan version is in many places. I would think the proper updates have ta
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: NateDN10Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraudIf it's a warranty requirement, use the cheapest oil allowed, after warranty, stretch it out and use the best oil. If your engine is truly high compression, then you'd have to use h
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by CT8 @ 08/23/16 09:19 PM

The sink ,shower and toilet have a trap that holds water to stop the gas as mentioned , also there is a vent that goes to the roof to allow the gas to escape . Is the vent clogged?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by Ihatetochangeoil @ 08/23/16 09:19 PM

Do the fixtures have individual shut off valves for the water supply?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M1 Filter Concern by ZeeOSix @ 08/23/16 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: goodtimesI believe a leaky bypass valve, maybe like those all made of metal and there is a scratch or something, breaks the vacuum. Because the center tube has drained out in a base down situation. Then there is atmospheric air
Automotive General Topics
I like Renix!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Sewer gasses in bathroom by sxg6 @ 08/23/16 09:13 PM

Any idea why I would start smelling sewer gasses in one of my bathrooms with a toilet and shower? This bathroom is closest to where the inlet to the septic tank is. I did some research on possible causes, but I'm curious to know what you guys think.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota red in motorcycles/snowmobiles by Chris142 @ 08/23/16 09:12 PM

They usually just recommend ethylene glycol or their dealer brand.dont usually give specs for motorcycles and such
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Low cost sedan looks better than expensive one by NibbanaBanana @ 08/23/16 09:12 PM

Mazda 6 driver has a much thicker wallet after the deal too.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Harley Quinn by Jarlaxle @ 08/23/16 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitHave you considered setting your sights a little higher than a comic book character? A doctor, perhaps? Whoops...Harley Quinn IS a doctor. (Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, MD, PO)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Envelope Budget System by splinter @ 08/23/16 09:09 PM

"It's a lot easier to spend than it is to make!" -War of the Roses I try to make sure we a have a little 'disposable' stash available, too.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody heard from Dnewton lately? by ZeeOSix @ 08/23/16 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: 02SETwo things. 1. The person that apparently committed suicide is a guy named Shawn Capson. He was apparently well known as "mopar ecodiesel" on Youtube and elsewhere. 2. Bitog member dnewton3 has apparently not be
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M1 Filter Concern by Kruse @ 08/23/16 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitogSend an email to Motorking I think he has kept a somewhat low profile on here lately because people are overly paranoid about their oil filters and he doesn't want to be the daily babysitter.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at some old posts by daves87rs @ 08/23/16 09:05 PM

And that is a lot of cars.....
Vehicles
My wife and I considered the Mazda 6, and it's a very nice car, but after test drives and research, the Kia Optima SXL 2.0L Turbo won.
Page 234 of 245 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 244 245 >