by motor_oil_madman
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Done with Sandisk USB Sticks
by JHZR2
Yesterday at 08:20 PM
Pineapple Margaritas
by sleddriver
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
Replacing Drywall In The Bathroom (Insulation)
by Warstud
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
351W build with a flat tappet
by ssregal39
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
Fuel injector cleaner that will run the engine?
by Red00Jetta
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
Car's models of 1990 and now
by HTSS_TR
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Newest Members
ph9, Kurt34556, Skullzaflare, Jakes_Lawn, Aarrghhh
58031 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (George7941, AdRock, dew, Chewie, gathermewool, A310), 517 Guests and 313 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58031 Members
66 Forums
249617 Topics
4086817 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec 5w-20 Observation by HerrStig @ 05/24/16 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: tojo1968Not sure how many miles you have on it before the switch, but MPG will increase as the vehicle breaks in. Not to mention it will be difficult to compare 2 vehicles as there is really no way to make everything exactly the
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What trans fluid for a modded 700R4? by Jimzz @ 05/24/16 09:30 AM

I would think most good Syn Dex3 spec fluid like Valvoline maxlife would work fine. But also make sure to have a trans cooler as even the best fluid can't help if the trans gets to hot.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
I just did the test on the fan switch A again to verify if is a bad switch, using the paperclip and with the key on fans came on. Is this mean I have a bad switch? I just put the switch on about 2 weeks ago. I bought the switch from the Amazon and it
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Rebates March 1 through May 31 2016 by Nate1979 @ 05/24/16 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: RegDunlopCan I use Amazon.com for my order? Is amazon an eligible supplier? Can i do it more than twice if i use my wifes name on the order? Yes to Amazon. I think the limit is 2 rebates per household which generally means
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Deteriorating quality by grampi @ 05/24/16 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: AlOriginally Posted By: grampi I've never been that impressed with Bose anyway. To me they're more of a gimmick company...always producing equipment that produces decent sound from really small components, however, there is be
Jump to new posts Re: "Most" synthetic version of Mobil 1? by Justin251 @ 05/24/16 09:26 AM

I too like to hate a product for ambiguous reasons. Don't you try to convince me tof try Mello yellow. Mountain dew is all I want. I'm sure you all like Mello yellow but I hate it and I'm not telling you why. So don't ask me why. Please don't
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec 5w-20 Observation by tojo1968 @ 05/24/16 09:25 AM

Not sure how many miles you have on it before the switch, but MPG will increase as the vehicle breaks in. Not to mention it will be difficult to compare 2 vehicles as there is really no way to make everything exactly the same with both.
Jump to new posts Re: Fluid change on my 2015 Accord by thrace @ 05/24/16 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: wgtoysI've been changing the fluid every 30k miles on our '03 V-6 Accord (which did have a factory rebuild installed at 35k miles under warrant due to a leaking case). We are now at 180,100 miles on the car, 145k miles on the t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dirty play by Warrior's Draymond Green ! by grampi @ 05/24/16 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: SeaJayOriginally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: JarlaxleGee...an NBA player is a thug! I am...totally not surprised. The NBA is all thugs...I can't believe anyone still watches it... Do you really believe that all N
Jump to new posts 5.0 Mustang & Napa Synthetic by Camprunner @ 05/24/16 09:24 AM

In my 2013 5.0 Mustang GT V8 I currently use either M1 5w30 or I have had several free oil changes that the dealer gave me and they use Motorcraft simi synthetic 5w20 and both oils seem to run fine without issue. In the wifes Toyota Camery and my Nis
Jump to new posts Re: "Most" synthetic version of Mobil 1? by Nate1979 @ 05/24/16 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteThere's no performance benefit to formulating with PAO?, is that why the M1 racing oil is ~80% PAO? Just for giggles. Even LUCAS makes their REAL RACING lubes with very high % PAO base. (Now there's proof that trick
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Freshly changed oil in a Diesel engine black? by UltrafanUK @ 05/24/16 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Koz1Its the EGR if its instantly black. If you dont have EGR then you run rich or have a ring issue. Twaddle, If it's instantly black it's a combination of well used oil or even sludge and the residual oil factor. With some di
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Getting FiOS by redhat @ 05/24/16 09:14 AM

FiOS is epic. [censored] it is fast. My aging SonicWall TZ180 would not go past 20mb up/down. Also, my Ubiquiti UniFi has some sort of bug in the firmware where it will not provide anything over about 28mb down and 45mb up. For once I am playing
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: 3D printed plastic lower receiver by AZjeff @ 05/24/16 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: HerrStigOriginally Posted By: AZjeffDid you just discover guns or is the the obsession of the week? Why is that any of your business, jack? 3 posts about evil black rifles that have nothing to do with "lubes, cleaners, &a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Native American Advertising by Nate1979 @ 05/24/16 09:12 AM

I would guess a combination of education and marketing image. No different than Got Milk or Black history month. Each group wants to be recognized.
Jump to new posts Castrol Magnatec 5w-20 Observation by AirgunSavant @ 05/24/16 09:11 AM

I posted awhile back I was going to try the Microgreen filters for extended OCI backed up by UOA's every filter change on a 2014 Mitsu Outlander Sport 2L CVT- I have two of these and am very familiar with them at this point. I was running 5w20 CM in
Jump to new posts Re: "Most" synthetic version of Mobil 1? by ARCOgraphite @ 05/24/16 09:11 AM

There's no performance benefit to formulating with PAO?, is that why the M1 racing oil is ~80% PAO? Just for giggles. Even LUCAS makes their REAL RACING lubes with very high % PAO base. (Now there's proof that trickle down DOESNT work You don't me
Jump to new posts What trans fluid for a modded 700R4? by redhat @ 05/24/16 09:10 AM

The Regal build continues, this time, transmission. I picked up a healthy 700R4 a month ago and am putting in a combination of the 700-2&3 and SK 700 JR TransGo kits. Looking for recommendations on what fluid to run in this. It will be going b
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: anybody good in theorycrafting mathematic? by yvon_la @ 05/24/16 09:09 AM

ok imagine (i know it isnt real but i am trying to know something and there is always a detail i forget ( like now you included the tic tac toe game rule ) when it does not apply the tictactoe board is only there because its conviniant so if 3*3*3
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to add inline fuel filter late model vehicle by LeakySeals @ 05/24/16 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: RockrzOriginally Posted By: LeakySealsI'm not sure adding an inline filter will change what you saw Sounds like some real world testing needs to be done so we can "be sure"... and once that is done you will find addi
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Freshly changed oil in a Diesel engine black? by m37charlie @ 05/24/16 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUKOriginally Posted By: Koz1Its called EGR, Get rid of it. Don't get rid of an EGR as NOx is nasty stuff. If you delete an EGR the engine will take longer to warm up which increases in cylinder deposits and they don't
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Poulan Pro 5020AV carburetor adjustment by punisher @ 05/24/16 09:03 AM

I was going to suggest running the oil mix slightly "rich" for the first few hours. The oil has very little effect on the actual fuel ratio when you crunch the numbers. After you get it broken in, then it might be of benefit to adjust the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Deteriorating quality by Al @ 05/24/16 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By: grampi I've never been that impressed with Bose anyway. To me they're more of a gimmick company...always producing equipment that produces decent sound from really small components, however, there is better sounding equipment
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: PUP still found at WM by mazdamonky @ 05/24/16 09:00 AM

Can you post a picture of this receipt for me so I can have my Walmart price match? They still have around 15 quarts of 5w30 and 10w30 on clearance for $7 which isn't a terrible good deal.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Tuff Torq K46 Transaxle by jeepman3071 @ 05/24/16 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: JasonCI run Castrol Syntec 5w50 in mine. +1 I have a K66 in my Deere, but the Castrol 5w50 has worked very well. The transmission was much quieter and more responsive in reverse after doing the fluid change.
Page 234 of 241 < 1 2 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 240 241 >