Recent Topics
Stapled down carpets ???
by Oldtom
57 minutes 7 seconds ago
MicroGard (Wix) 57047 ~7k miles
by MrQuackers
Today at 01:24 AM
Ford 4.6 with Supercharger, 2,000 mi. / yr.
by milkboy
Today at 12:50 AM
Only secure content is displayed?
by Eddie
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
2008 Honda Element oil question
by fujirio
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
TIRE QUESTION
by renegade_987
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
What's your favorite outboard and why ??
by BrocLuno
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
Briggs 'Quantum 6.0' Flathead top no load 2600RPM
by Colt45ws
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
EPA efficiency testing may not work, at all
by wemay
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Mobil 1 0w40 for 2013 4.8 V8
by CapitalTruck
Yesterday at 09:04 PM
2013 Passat service
by powersmo
Yesterday at 08:24 PM
A/C troubleshoot
by Leo99
Yesterday at 07:50 PM
Newest Members
_hashtagusername, larrybroad123, dr_p, CapHead, rowebil
58632 Registered Users
Who's Online
23 registered (car51, Black_Thunder, CLOVER, brslds, 2 invisible), 869 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58632 Members
66 Forums
252385 Topics
4139548 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean battery with garden hose? by SHOZ @ 07/25/16 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bottom_FeederI'm pretty sure you can short out a two-post battery if there is enough water on it. I'd be careful. It would have to be pretty contaminated water to short out a battery. Never have had a problem in the past with u
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Re: Little specks in tractor fluid by George Bynum @ 07/25/16 12:29 PM

I'm a hydraulics guy, and tell customers that new oil is not clean. Plants that understand that fill through filters. It is rare when I used a portable particle counter in show-and-tell presentations to find new oil that met machine cleanliness spe
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean battery with garden hose? by Bottom_Feeder @ 07/25/16 12:28 PM

I'm pretty sure you can short out a two-post battery if there is enough water on it. I'd be careful.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Solar power is getting cheaper every year by SHOZ @ 07/25/16 12:27 PM

The manipulations and roadblocks that utilities put in the path of development for distributed energy will only strengthen DE. It will push the consumer to full off grid power if the situation is right.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech- ST3387- Virgin cut open by Sayjac @ 07/25/16 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd In Virginia, I don't have any O'Rs near me, so this would be my only source for "Wix" filters... Thinking you likely have a Napa AP store or two nearby. Napa Gold same filter. And many Napas have a semiannua
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Using upsized filter by ToadU @ 07/25/16 12:24 PM

A dirty filter cleans and filters better than a filter that isn't dirty. This applies to virtually all types of filters in all applications and is backed by science. A larger filter has a larger square of area and its stands to reason an oversized f
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Top Tier Fuels and Tailpipe deposits by surfstar @ 07/25/16 12:24 PM

Tailpipe soot was one of the anecdotal "data", that people would rave about FP60 on, IIRC. I think you'd get a better treatment by adding FP+ or RLI Bio-Plus at their low dose rates, and then choosing the cheaper of top tier gas in your a
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil ultra 5w30 back in stock at Walmart.com by richport29 @ 07/25/16 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: GarakOriginally Posted By: ST2008Nothing at Walmart.ca. Not fair If you're not averse to an EcoBox, like I mentioned in another thread, NAPA Canada has them at a somewhat sensible price. It's not the best deal on oil you'll
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 A3/B4 by Jetronic @ 07/25/16 12:23 PM

Most are still stuck in the "what oil viscosity" mindset, and even at garages I'd say you'll find a lot focussing on that instead of the acea rating if there's no manufacturer spec.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Which micro fiber cloths do you use? by deanm11 @ 07/25/16 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: harrydogWhat do you recommend for drying? I have a couple different waffle weave microfiber towels that were fairly expensive ( I think I got them from Autogeek) and made specifically for drying and I don't think they work very
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Honda GX35 question by JTK @ 07/25/16 12:21 PM

$14 for a replacement GX35 carb on eBay. Not sure how that works out for Australia though!
Jump to new posts Re: Conventional oil instead of synthetic by corndogzombie @ 07/25/16 12:20 PM

No turbo just a really simple little car
Jump to new posts Re: Conventional oil instead of synthetic by corndogzombie @ 07/25/16 12:19 PM

Yes sn rated oil in 5w20 5w30 and some 10w30
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 question by ToadU @ 07/25/16 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: DonaldThe ambient temperature of Texas is irrelevant at the engine operating temperature. Only comes into play at cold startup. Follow the temp compensated chart in the owners manual. Agreed. Good post my friend. Follow
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wiring a new garbage disposal by Oldmoparguy1 @ 07/25/16 12:17 PM

What is your local building code for this? Around here, such work can only be done by a licensed electrician. Requires a special permit and an on-site inspection after installation.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Solar power is getting cheaper every year by turtlevette @ 07/25/16 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: VikasOriginally Posted By: SHOZThe concept of huge central located power plants is a dying one. Though they will never be gone completely distributed energy is the future. Do you remember when all we had were mainframe comput
Jump to new posts Re: 10W-30 a better choice then 5W-30 by surfstar @ 07/25/16 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: JetronicOriginally Posted By: TiredTruckerProbably because a 10w30 usually has a lower NOACK rating compared to 5w30 of the same brand, along with fewer Viscosity improvers. Some full synthetic 10w30's have no need of any visco
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 5w40 silverado 1500? by ToadU @ 07/25/16 12:15 PM

Please just use what the manufacture specs. I don't undertrained the huberious of thinking you know more than say the engineers that designed, developed and tested the product. I've been to Michigan to (2) different major manufacturers testing, e
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: WIX 51372 ADBV Failure by WellOiled @ 07/25/16 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteNot a valid test. Not saying that you don't have a defective unit, but ... Example: My Subaru has and empty oil filter overnight regardless of what brand or quality is on there. Depending on the engine, some will
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage diesel oil? by ToadU @ 07/25/16 12:11 PM

Highe mileage Diesel Oil......whatever Oil got you to high mileage. Keep using it. If you happen to have a Detroit 60 high milage diesel oil will be dripping off the back of the rig straight out of the slobber tube.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wiring a new garbage disposal by rshaw125 @ 07/25/16 12:11 PM

My dishwasher and disposal are both on the same 20 amp circuit. Been that way for over 15 years. Zero problems.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: MegaCorp Parking Lot Game by Vikas @ 07/25/16 12:10 PM

Another game:- Faded and peeled off paint; guess car/colors
Jump to new posts Re: Oil made from natural gas? by Jetronic @ 07/25/16 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: RandOriginally Posted By: JetronicOriginally Posted By: SealbillyOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteSome call it unoficially group III+, but technically it's group III. I went back k and did some research and you are correct i
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech- ST3387- Virgin cut open by Hokiefyd @ 07/25/16 12:08 PM

Thanks for confirmation that these are made by Wix. O'Reilly used to be the only place around where I could buy Wix (and I bought three of them before I left North Carolina). In Virginia, I don't have any O'Rs near me, so this would be my only sour
Tires & Wheels
Originally Posted By: c502cidOriginally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: c502cidI have dedicated studded winter tires and wheels on every vehicle I own. My ideas on tires are different then yours obviously, and I don't view yours as wrong. I don
Page 130 of 254 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 253 254 >