click here for the Gumout GDI Q&A answers

Recent Topics
Google earth download issue
by Eddie
Today at 11:17 AM
Metal flakes in oil filter drainage?
by aualtima3.5
Today at 10:54 AM
Aftermaket headlights older PU what to get?
by Blaze
Today at 10:49 AM
2001 Civic HX burning oil question.
by shrooms
Today at 10:47 AM
Saga of New Tires
by Smoky14
Today at 10:44 AM
Instead of hacksaw what can I use?
by Vikas
Today at 08:53 AM
Oreilly Summer Sweeps
by PReal
Today at 08:41 AM
w116 Mercedes 1979 300sd ATF recommendation
by Gito
Today at 07:53 AM
Fram Ultra XG6607 cut open after 15K miles
by Quattro Pete
Today at 07:48 AM
Gun shaped Cell Phone cases
by mjk
Today at 07:20 AM
Inventors of yesterday
by CourierDriver
Today at 07:16 AM
Vacuum Tester to bleed brakes
by Spetz
Today at 07:14 AM
Newest Members
usce, GBBoy, grassman, jamesrapai, LMS
54563 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (01_celica_gt, albertdi, ag_ghost, 2009Edge, 11 invisible), 1921 Guests and 118 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54563 Members
66 Forums
233772 Topics
3754837 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Originally Posted By: ShrubitupI've heard you can appear in-store and have them order it online and have it shipped to store for no cost. I have too but the several times I tried, they could not get it for me for one reason or another even though th
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should new cars burn oil? C-R report by mrsilv04 @ 06/30/15 09:32 AM

Heh.... the #30 car on their "Thisty 30" oil burners list was the least expensive car on the ENTIRE list. Everything else was more expensive (some are 3x and 4x the price of #30).
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge Black Bottle for 10K? by KCJeep @ 06/30/15 09:31 AM

The 2 quarts of top off removes all doubt IMO, you will be fine.
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Denso air filter after 86K, 15 years by surfstar @ 06/30/15 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitogI like the PureOne air filters I like turtles
Automotive General Topics
Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8Thank goodness we have the elites here to correct our evil ways. Forget freedom of choice, we should let them decide what we drive. After all, they know best. So just keep your head down and
Originally Posted By: ClevyOriginally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8Thank goodness we have the elites here to correct our evil ways. Forget freedom of choice, we should let them decide what we drive. After all, they know best. So j
No doubt that's the recommendation, as if something other than the CAFE oils were suggested, "the P team" would likely receive a invite to Federal Court...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Savings with LED bulbs? by cashmoney @ 06/30/15 09:25 AM

About 3-4 years ago we converted the entire house to cfl and leds. We have apprx 34 can lights in various ceilings that are all dimmable leds. Haven't had any fail. Between high efficiency AC (21 Seer) and lighting our electric bill runs $70-220
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Eneos by alex16 @ 06/30/15 09:24 AM

I watch you tube videos off sheetz wifi. Thanks for calling me a clown and assuming I would drive like that without even asking if it that's what I do. You sound like a guy that jumps to conclusions with his foot in his mouth.
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Blow By by HosteenJorje @ 06/30/15 09:24 AM

Engines before about 1960 simply had a pipe coming out of the engine and blow-by was pumped to the atmosphere. I rode the bus down US-66 for six miles to school for eleven years and I recall vividly of watching all the smoke roll out from under the t
Jump to new posts Re: new ball joint not accepting grease by dnastrau @ 06/30/15 09:23 AM

As others have said, try greasing it unloaded. If that won't work, try taking it to a garage that has a pneumatic grease gun and let them try it. Andrew S.
Tires & Wheels
Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe2005 Mercury Mariner Time to replace 235-70-16 tires. This car is our around town grocery getter, short commuter for wife, move sofa to kid's house vehicle. Need good basic tires, dealer has General Grabbers HTS raised
Jump to new posts Re: 6 adults + 2 child seats in a minivan? by rjundi @ 06/30/15 09:22 AM

I think a Suburban/Yukon XL is a much better vehicle for this.
Jump to new posts Re: Acura MDX Valve Adjustment by SubLGT @ 06/30/15 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: jrustlesOriginally Posted By: CBR.wormUnfortunately, on my car the cams have to come out to replace the different thickness buckets. I wish I could get a valve adjustment for $450. I can get clearances checked for that price.
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Denso air filter after 86K, 15 years by Skittles @ 06/30/15 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: southernjeeperYou would have saved maybe 1-2mpg if you took the time to change it once every 6mths or yr. I don't even let a lawnmower's air filter get that dirty. It just robs power and makes the engine suffer a bit more!
Jump to new posts Re: Should new cars burn oil? C-R report by Swift101 @ 06/30/15 09:19 AM

My old 99 Camry has 120K on the clock and has never burned a drop of oil even while driven hard. My Sonata is coming up on 30k and doesn't use any oil either. It looks like some automakers just don't care, most people lease their cars or trade them
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Most diffs really don't care about what grade you use, as long as it's in an acceptable range. The debate of 75w-90, 80w-90, 85w-140, 75w-110, etc is moot IMO. They are all reasonable grades found in diffs. Whereas the common logic that "thi
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: New versus old Rain-X by HerrStig @ 06/30/15 09:18 AM

+1 on a clean clay bar. The multiple curves in modern windshields are harder on wipers than the old flat glass on a V Dub before 71. The soup which roads are pretreated with up this way is proving to be a lot harder to wipe off than plain salt.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Dex-Cool, or something else. by Bgallagher @ 06/30/15 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: BlindBabyOriginally Posted By: Snoman002Should I do thermostats on each of these vehicles? No cooling problems of any sorts on any of them. I do and would if I were you, simply because it's the most opportune time to do so.
Jump to new posts Re: Should new cars burn oil? C-R report by Clevy @ 06/30/15 09:16 AM

The Chevy spark is the only domestic on a list of 30 vehicles that are the worst oil consumers according to this "report" So these import buyers spend extra for something they see as better but in the end they pay more for everything.
Jump to new posts Re: Acura MDX Valve Adjustment by SubLGT @ 06/30/15 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: CBR.wormUnfortunately, on my car the cams have to come out to replace the different thickness buckets. I wish I could get a valve adjustment for $450. I can get clearances checked for that price. Pretty much the same deal fo
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Possible Fram Ultra issue by Danh @ 06/30/15 09:13 AM

Troubling. What if Trav's engine didn't have hydraulic lifters? Would there have been any signs of something amiss? Would there have been any resulting damage? Maybe, despite claims to the contrary, you can't have great filtration and great flow a
General and Off Topic
I couldn't fathom the maintenance and upkeep $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ A survey would be prudent though.
Originally Posted By: bigt61Originally Posted By: TNpowerstroke I would advise to throw the power bait container away and use an empty oil quart bottle to drain the excess oil in. Just my .02 cents worth. Just cut the bottom one inch off that empty
Jump to new posts Re: accident today, dropping things into crankcase by HosteenJorje @ 06/30/15 09:10 AM

My "accident" today was reading this nonsense.
Page 130 of 272 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 271 272 >