Yesterday at 07:05 PM
KC-135 turns 59
by tom slick
Yesterday at 06:59 PM
Newest Members
KJSmith, OnslaughtNZ, Zycat, BlueFordRedSchwi, Mario7
55217 Registered Users
Who's Online
37 registered (Boomer, afree, bigt61, billt460, 7 invisible), 525 Guests and 149 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55217 Members
66 Forums
236751 Topics
3815179 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: ammo design and performance criteria by NateDN10 @ 08/28/15 08:40 AM

Great post. I've seen tests where a particular ammo does really well out of a 3" barrel, and fairly poorly out of a 4.5" barrel. Which makes sense when I read this, because more velocity isn't necessarily better. If the round was designed
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Used minivan opinions? by IndyIan @ 08/28/15 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Huie83Also, one more thing. Maintenance records will play a huge part in my decision. I am always appalled to the lack of maintenance records when shopping used vehicles, that's why I generally buy new. If I can find a van of
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Timing Cover Oil Leak by The_Eric @ 08/28/15 08:37 AM

If yours isn't even as bad as the one in the link, I wouldn't even call it a leak. Heck, I wouldn't call the one in the link a leak either.
Jump to new posts Re: Timing Cover Oil Leak by Vikas @ 08/28/15 08:36 AM

BUT are you guys forgetting who are you talking to? Mike will NOT be able to overlook this and it will eat him alive.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bottled water on track to outsell soda by 2017 by kozanoglu @ 08/28/15 08:33 AM

bottled water is nothing special, it is mostly 'purified' tap water and bottles add to our problems. I drink from the tap and use my own Zojirushi/Thermos to carry it in.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella T5 15w-40 by bmwpowere36m3 @ 08/28/15 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: dnewton3 I would NOT feel comfortable with a product such as the Mobil 1 15w-50, which is NOT marketed for bikes, does NOT have MA recommendation, and is NOT recommended for wet-clutch applications. But that does not stop other
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart stops selling AR15's by NHHEMI @ 08/28/15 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Dallas69Last I checked,shotguns and pistols had more than 1 shot in them. I don't sit around in my recliner dressed up like Dog the Bounty Hunter thinking I am going to be invaded,so I feel no need to own any military type weapo
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Publix isn't high on everything and Walmart isn't cheap on everything. You have to be a savvy shopper or you'll pay more no matter what. WM didn't make all those people billionaires because they gave everything away.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts ammo design and performance criteria by dnewton3 @ 08/28/15 08:31 AM

I recently attended a workshop put on by Glock/Speer reps and the topic was wound-balistic performance of the common calibers. Admittedly, this was Glock/Speer sponsored, and so they were touting their own products. But the info and demonstrations
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel System Cleaning 30000 Miles by Errtt @ 08/28/15 08:30 AM

On occasion I've dumped a bottle of Techron, a time or two I used Redline S1, a time or two I used Regane. This is among three vehicles. Thing is, never noticed much difference. My DD dash MPG Average display, still the same with the routine to/from
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at the kia optima sxl by geekster @ 08/28/15 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: dblshockpretty low... http://tradeinqualityindex.com/ Going by that index it looks like if you're buying anything modern, 2010 or newer, you will be fine. Heck my mom has a 2009 Optima that has over 150k on it with nothing b
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Looking into sporty / grand tourer cars by thr_wedge @ 08/28/15 08:26 AM

My 2nd Gen Mazda 6 has been a great vehicle. Low cost of ownership, well made, drives pretty well. But...it is far from the most exciting car on the road. In fact is is REALLY boring. I needed a boring driving appliance when I bought the car, but
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buying long distance and shipping the car by Mr Nice @ 08/28/15 08:25 AM

Where in Florida is the car ? NEVER transfer cash, only cashiers check from bank after they sign over the car title. You need to inspect car before you waste your $$$$
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Sonata oil recommendation. by donnyj08 @ 08/28/15 08:24 AM

Valvoline White Bottle (VWB) I'm not going to say it won't go 7500 because in many cases it does and will. Direct Injected engines dilute the oil, and generally a synthetic will hold up better under fuel dilution. Your GDI engine is a Direct Inje
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: World Economic Collapse is imminent by Mr Nice @ 08/28/15 08:23 AM

Much more positive yearly gains than negative years. If you diversify then you have little worries over a 30 year timeframe.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Bottled water on track to outsell soda by 2017 by Mr Nice @ 08/28/15 08:21 AM

Bottled water on track to outsell water by 2017. I'm really not surprised less people drinking soda. http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/bottled-water-on-track-to-outsell-soda-by-2017.html
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone used Auto Rx lately? by Brad_C @ 08/28/15 08:20 AM

I bought 3 bottles. One to use in the car (as per the directions) and one to split across the Auto trans and P/S. I still have one bottle. I saw no change positive or negative on the car and a negative impact on my wallet.
Vehicles
Originally Posted By: horse123I imagine they must be releasing the 2016 Sierra/Silverado pretty soon, so would now be a good example of a time to find a good deal on one? Yes, I usually see the best deals in the fall and early winter. Hold out as l
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Sonata oil recommendation. by fscarano @ 08/28/15 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By: donnyj08Being that engine is DI I would still go with Synpower if you are running 7500mi intervals. VWB for a 5000mi interval. VWB?
Jump to new posts Re: Turning off AC before engine shutoff? by BurrWinder @ 08/28/15 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: KrisZOriginally Posted By: LubenerOriginally Posted By: LolvoguyI shut mine off a few minutes before shutting the car off to dry ou the evaporator. If not, you might end up with that "moldy" smell the next time you st
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Used minivan opinions? by Huie83 @ 08/28/15 08:17 AM

Also, one more thing. Maintenance records will play a huge part in my decision. I am always appalled to the lack of maintenance records when shopping used vehicles, that's why I generally buy new. If I can find a van of any brand that has good main
Jump to new posts Re: dodge caliber - motor oil by donnyj08 @ 08/28/15 08:17 AM

0w20 will work perfectly fine. No worries.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State center tube change by Virtuoso @ 08/28/15 08:14 AM

They're smaller than the holes in the old-style, surely. But there are many more perforations in this tube than the old.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Originally Posted By: VikasI understand it boiling. I don't understand condensation. You do not believe that water vapor escapes from the reservoir cap? There is no belief. It doesn't happen. Period. Ever. When you heat brake fluid past the boil
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Sonata oil recommendation. by fscarano @ 08/28/15 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: donnyj08Being that engine is DI I would still go with Synpower if you are running 7500mi intervals. VWB for a 5000mi interval. Conventional oil not recommended for 7500 OCI? I thought the Valvoline dino would hold up.
Page 130 of 275 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 274 275 >