Recent Topics
Possible sludged VQ37HR
by aualtima3.5
4 minutes 46 seconds ago
"Gravel Traps"
by simplistic
22 minutes 50 seconds ago
Transmission clunk, I cannot figure it out!
by Klutch9
49 minutes 42 seconds ago
The 15,000 Mile OCI
by macarose
Today at 09:40 PM
Coolant and head gasket question
by Patrick0525
Today at 09:12 PM
Bleeding brakes
by wallyuwl
Today at 09:05 PM
Poles #EatApples to annoy Putin
by dave1251
Today at 08:57 PM
Is it a competition?
by telecat
Today at 08:35 PM
What oil to use in my Saturn
by ram_man
Today at 08:32 PM
Air Travel from US to Ebola Outbreak zone
by Clubber_Lang
Today at 08:22 PM
New 5.0 what oil
by Camprunner
Today at 07:49 PM
Fred's Dollar Store Oil Special
by Red91
Today at 07:44 PM
Newest Members
jdfay, kaesees, bprat318, Winter_Texan, SloopJohnB
50816 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (allboy, 6starprez, 123Saab, aquariuscsm, 13Tacoma, 10 invisible), 1485 Guests and 215 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50816 Members
64 Forums
217134 Topics
3419008 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Formula Shell Full Synthetic Oil 5w30, any good??? by route66mike @ 07/28/14 10:09 PM

Why wouldn't Shell Oil Products U.S. (SOPUS) make all their synthetics in GF-5/SN types the same? QSUD, Pennzoil Plat, and Shell Synthetic should be the same, to save money on development and certification costs.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Undercarriage protection by doitmyself @ 07/28/14 10:09 PM

Bluestream, when I look at your photo blown up to full page at photobucket, there does seem to be rust developing on the scraped area and underneath the coating in several areas. Look closely and you can see brown areas breaking through the black
Jump to new posts Re: 14' JGC with the pentastar 3.6L by Kuato @ 07/28/14 10:06 PM

0w20 good to go....
There seems to be some claims that this is the same as Motomaster Formula 1 synthetic. Any truth to this?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: need a rec on oil extractor.. by dblshock @ 07/28/14 10:04 PM

I was thinking $50 like I paid for the mityvac back in '03 but I see they're $75 now...that's +45%
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by Bud_One @ 07/28/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisThe size engineering for the filters is usually pretty good if the system isn't abused. I still like larger filters. I would run the Fram TG 3600 if it fits. They are huge and always look nice when cut open. A
Jump to new posts Re: I Don't Change My Oil - Test Results by 05LGTLtd @ 07/28/14 09:59 PM

As long as your engine doesn't shear oil, sludge would be your primary concern. Still would have liked to see a TBN in that uoa...
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Had some family over this weekend. by Pop_Rivit @ 07/28/14 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pandus13 OP, about fried eggplants, you can do the same with zucchini. delicious with some good cheese. rest of it looks nice too. have you tried to make the desert with sour cherry/tart cherry? Glad you reminded me about t
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cut-open TecSelect T4612 by 1kickbuttranger @ 07/28/14 09:55 PM

You sure do like reviving old threads... Anyhow, the most interesting part of this is that the filter above has torn pleats (you can barely make it out)... no one caught on to that.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Rotella in a civic MT by gametom @ 07/28/14 09:51 PM

Hello All, Here's my idea running Rotella 10w30 in my 91 civic's manual trans. I have run syncromesh before with marginal results and 10w30 dino oil with ok results. From looking at VOA's the Rotella is similar to the Honda MTF, but thicker. I think
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I want a smoker by Pop_Rivit @ 07/28/14 09:51 PM

I've had a Bradley for well over 10 years now. I've been completely satisfied with it, and the results are always outstanding. I like the Bradley for a few reasons. I can do my smoking in the garage, even in the dead of winter. Since it's electri
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: they are still doing it NHRA by morris @ 07/28/14 09:48 PM

OK sanoma cal. 7-27-14 only 6 out of 30 pass with both car at full power. thats all.
Jump to new posts Re: 14' JGC with the pentastar 3.6L by sicko @ 07/28/14 09:47 PM

I'm not aware of any 5w-20 that can't take a 0w-20. The 0w just means it doesn't get as thick as the 5w when very cold, (which is a good thing).
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Hess acquisition by Speedway by Tdbo @ 07/28/14 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: dave1251Well speedway is the symptom not the cause. I believe it will be more beneficial to find the cause. That's the $64K question.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: I wish Wix filters had a textured grip! by jcwit @ 07/28/14 09:43 PM

Why do you need a cup wrench for a filter with a textured finish? Even my arthritic hands can handle putting a filter on and off with a textured finish.
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Hess acquisition by Speedway by dave1251 @ 07/28/14 09:42 PM

Well speedway is the symptom not the cause. I believe it will be more beneficial to find the cause.
Jump to new posts 14' JGC with the pentastar 3.6L by subaroo @ 07/28/14 09:41 PM

specs 5w20...does anybody have some knowledge on this engine. would I be safe running 0w20? manual just specs 5w20.. is this v6 hard on oil?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: A Weekend With a 2014 Challenger V6 Rental by earlyre @ 07/28/14 09:40 PM

"stupid Flappy Paddle" shifters > +/- Buttons on the side of the shift knob. they are small/close enough together, I could see myself accidentally hitting the wrong one...
Detail and Wax
I use the Duragloss 601 bonding agent, and the 105 total performance polish on my car. At 10-12 months it might not be beading as strongly as in your video, but it's obviously still doing a good job of it. I'm very happy with the combo. I actually
Its all about the dremel. First cut the can off, then with patience slowly cut your way through the threaded ring. Then you can split it in half.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Undercarriage protection by Bluestream @ 07/28/14 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: joegreenI use paraffin wax heated up until it melts. Then you add diesel fuel and non detergent motor oil. Look it up i think its called waxoil. Their are some recipes that people use. Its popular with the old land rover crowd.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Nokian Hakka R2 winter tires by UG_Passat @ 07/28/14 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteSemi related question: how does R2 SUV compare to Nordman 5 (non-studded)? I'm having a hard time deciphering Nokian's website. Is Nordman 5 inferior since they market it as a "budget-friendly" tire? ht
Jump to new posts Re: I Don't Change My Oil - Test Results by Quattro Pete @ 07/28/14 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: RichtrashmanOriginally Posted By: route66mike A sludge gauge please Maybe I can get one for my arteries as well! Too many French fries, steaks, hamburgers and mayo! Just top up your blood and replace your liver every 3 mont
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Undercarriage protection by joegreen @ 07/28/14 09:34 PM

I use paraffin wax heated up until it melts. Then you add diesel fuel and non detergent motor oil. Look it up i think its called waxoil. Their are some recipes that people use. Its popular with the old land rover crowd.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Undercarriage protection by Bluestream @ 07/28/14 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: jcwitNo experience but making an educated guess I'd say even worse than the undercoating. For us in the States unable to get the dripless oil, bar & chain works to a certain extent. Bar and chain oil is the best you can
Page 130 of 291 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 290 291 >