by Well_Max
Today at 03:25 AM
Rear differential went out
by MuzzleFlash40
Today at 02:30 AM
Who Makes Volvo Oil Filters?
by crazyoildude
Today at 12:42 AM
Lowest cSt Viscosity @100C from blackstone?
by RGR
Today at 12:28 AM
If I put my car to run without starting it...
by dishdude
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Amazon has M1 0w40 5QT for $23.88-$12 rebate
by dmiko
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
best oil change filter oil combo in walmart?
by moparguy19
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Memorial Day photos
by Bandito440
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
QS3387A 6,300mi/3 months
by Virtuoso
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
1997 Nissan Hardbody need some opinions.
by Bussey83
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Newest Members
jrandom, Gar, sickmint79, Davelong, usmaels
54093 Registered Users
Who's Online
50 registered (bigt61, Black, Boomer, Bluestream, BobsArmory, billt460, 5 invisible), 774 Guests and 107 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54093 Members
66 Forums
231829 Topics
3715891 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Time to fess up ? what have YOU done... by OtisBlkR1 @ 05/21/15 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoInstalling a wiper blade on my wife's saturn, I was wrestling with the old blade and wiper arm and its little U-shaped hook went SMACK into the windscreen, cracking it with a nice bulls-eye. Now thats a expensive &q
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: tekmoe"Can anyone shed any light on this? Quote:"Ester based products are chemically produced in a non-refining environment, thus depending on type can be cheaper to produce. The cost to produce a polyol ester is f
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: My car has 15 year old tranny fluid with 150k mile by burchster13 @ 05/21/15 08:50 AM

I worked at a quick lube in college. We did our trans services via the cooler line no machine. We did very few of them. People do not take care of there transmissions fluid wise it's very frustrating when used car shopping.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: This is what I think... by cptbarkey @ 05/21/15 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy Sound check. My parents are buying a new Rav4, I was forced to go to the dealer. My god I hate those vehicles. I still don't get the draw and I have said this to my dad. I would rather drive my outgoing 2005 Silver
Jump to new posts Re: best 0w-20 for my 15 forester by buster @ 05/21/15 08:47 AM

M1 EP 0w20
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
I'm surprised no one has commented on the high Insoluables (2.0%!) on this. Since there were only 1,015 miles on this fill, I am sure it's not oxidation of the lubricant causing it. Do you think there is that much crud left inside the front differe
Jump to new posts Re: Conoco 5w-30 by burchster13 @ 05/21/15 08:46 AM

Again awesome info guys. I went with pennzoil gold found 5 quart jug at Walmart for 16 and some change. I went with a FRAM synthetic filter and will do a UOA after 5K.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help - Strange Noises (Long) by HangFire @ 05/21/15 08:46 AM

The tensioner pulley assembly is a common failure on Dakota's, I had to have mine replaced.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do i have to break in new brake pads and rotors? by philipp10 @ 05/21/15 08:44 AM

I never understood the concept of breaking in pads. Normal driving will eventually wear the pads to the rotors. The only benefit I see is that a hard stop will seat them quicker. BTW, your buddy doing 90 and smoking the pads....thats just plain st
Jump to new posts Re: Poor Hybrid sales threaten 2025 CAFE targets by lovcom @ 05/21/15 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: lovcomOriginally Posted By: JarlaxleIf saving money is the objective...the Prius fails. Offhand, I have seen Mirages (37/44MPG) advertised for $11K. $5800 buys LOTS of gas. Not true. A Prius C
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Tacoma, 1,015 miles, Factory Fill Xfer Case by btanchors @ 05/21/15 08:44 AM

Miller88, I am not positive, but I think it is chain-driven.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan Versa? by Miller88 @ 05/21/15 08:43 AM

What other vehicles have you looked at? The Fiesta 1.0L would be a lot more fun to drive ... just a smaller interior. And it seems to be a quality vehicle* *Most quality "problems" on the fiesta are from those who lack the mental capacity
Jump to new posts Re: A tale of 2 charts by chrisri @ 05/21/15 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: fdcg27Originally Posted By: chrisriThat doesn't change the fact that every engine should wear less with Euro 40 grade than with 20 grade SN stuff... What would be real life difference is another matt
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Garbage undersink disposals? by Eddie @ 05/21/15 08:40 AM

Thank you for the interesting discussion concerning my "Food Disposal" unit. I probably us it twice a week for left over salads and soft stuff. Garbage pick up is once a week so I prefer a "Food Disposal" unit. I found the model a
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: AAP $50 off $125+, & other 40% discounts by nwjones18 @ 05/21/15 08:37 AM

And now its WD520... You can tell I throw Advance a lot of business.. They seem to just be counting up at the moment.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: $10 Valvoline Mail in Rebate by PReal @ 05/21/15 08:37 AM

I mailed my $10 rebate on May 9th. It still hasn't shown up on my Valvoline rebate tracker. I may take the time to get the $20 rebate as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Time to fess up ? what have YOU done... by eljefino @ 05/21/15 08:36 AM

Installing a wiper blade on my wife's saturn, I was wrestling with the old blade and wiper arm and its little U-shaped hook went SMACK into the windscreen, cracking it with a nice bulls-eye.
Jump to new posts Re: Higher oil consumption with Valvoline? by Greasymechtech @ 05/21/15 08:34 AM

Try Maxlife or Maxlife synthetic http://www.valvoline.com/products/consumer-products/motor-oil/high-mileage-motor-oil/ I havent noticed any consumption or loss when using Synpower.
As Mola said, jet turbine engine oils are about 95% polyol ester and contain anti-wear, anti-oxidant, and anti-corrosion additives. They do not contain any ZDDP, detergents, or dispersants, so using them in a car engine will dilute these vital addit
Jump to new posts Re: Switch from QSUD to M1 Synthetic to cure ticking & by Greasymechtech @ 05/21/15 08:31 AM

Texas is warm enough to give 0w40 and 5w40 a run. M1 HM is pretty thick for a 5w30. Castrol 0w30 is too.
Jump to new posts Re: Time to fess up ? what have YOU done... by jrmason @ 05/21/15 08:31 AM

I botched my first brake job I ever did. I was 16 at the time and dad insisted I wait on him to get home from work but I just couldn't do it. I wanted so bad to show him I could do these things on my own, so I tore into it mid morning. Had both new f
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bosch 3332 Cut Open - Media Tear by Eddie @ 05/21/15 08:31 AM

Thanks for the informative post Brian. Ed
Jump to new posts Re: Higher oil consumption with Valvoline? by WobblyElvis @ 05/21/15 08:30 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep an eye on the oil consumption.
Jump to new posts Carfax availability by mjk @ 05/21/15 08:29 AM

Does anyone possibly have the availability to run a carfax? If so, please PM me. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: rust on a 6 month old Nissan by IndyIan @ 05/21/15 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By: OlasOriginally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: OlasYou have my sympathy, a car should not rust at all except in the hands of a careless owner. That might be the most ridiculous thing EVER posted on the internet! Rubb
Page 130 of 248 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 247 248 >