by NormanBuntz
Today at 04:33 PM
Kombucha
by OneEyeJack
Today at 04:32 PM
Engine in a can?
by ceast
Today at 03:41 PM
Oil pan heater restict oil cooling in the summer?
by rustypigeon
Today at 02:21 PM
CNN - "Alpacas on the loose in Arizona"
by NMBurb02
Today at 02:19 PM
YOGA this, YOGA that, YOGA YOGA
by SumpChump
Today at 01:52 PM
Questions about the Quality Field
by racer12306
Today at 01:42 PM
Newest Members
Prodakota11, 388llv, The_Oil_Mole, spooltime, Ktmking
52963 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (99Troopers, 3800Series, AandPDan, 2010_FX4, Al, 12 invisible), 1585 Guests and 186 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52963 Members
66 Forums
227231 Topics
3623698 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: HiPoint .40S&W Carbine Kaboom by Astro14 @ 02/23/15 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: gmurraIf you don't like me putting the name in capital letters get over it. Since you are in the military I would think you could handle it so put on your big boy pants and deal with it. Also no where did I say it did not fire o
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Fuel dilution from poor running is beating up your oil, basically. At some point in the OCI, the oil's flash point drops enough that you start burning oil. Wouldn't be shocked if the volatized oil is messing with your combustion and thereby affecti
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Grease for starter motor, pinion bearing by andyd @ 02/23/15 06:05 PM

I soak the sintered bushings in the BMWs' Bosch heater motors in ATF overnight. The permanent original lube dies after 15-20 yrs. If you can get the job done before shafts stick to bushings and spin them, you can get plenty more use out of a Bo
Jump to new posts Re: don't buy this holster by simple_gifts @ 02/23/15 06:05 PM

Maybe a training bra holster is in order.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Spring car projects anyone? by fdcg27 @ 02/23/15 06:05 PM

Everything will get a good cleaning and mild detail to include wax. Other than that, the BMW could use a power steering pump and the '02 Accord probably needs a tranny. I owe an apology to the member who said that the automatics on this generation of
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 Expedition 5.4L Eddie Bauer running thread by silverrat @ 02/23/15 06:04 PM

He's suspended again
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 Expedition 5.4L Eddie Bauer running thread by Quattro Pete @ 02/23/15 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitI'm surprised that he hasn't been back posting videos of himself singing, pictures of his workplace, pictures of him, etc. That's because he's been given a timeout again.
Jump to new posts Re: Colder = Less Crank Time? by fdcg27 @ 02/23/15 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: ClevyOriginally Posted By: jsfallsAll the sensors are telling the computer the engine is cold, and gives it a richer mixture. Some engines even have a cold start injector that does nothing but spray in extra fuel when first sta
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Super S at KMART $1.99 qt. 5 qt.jug $8.99 by Jimzz @ 02/23/15 06:01 PM

Yea its $9.99 for the 5qt jug and $2.19 per quart for the high mileage. I bought a candle from kmart today and got some Shop your way reward that you can use on anything to make this deal even better.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Dell Inspiron 531S De-Clogging by slowdime @ 02/23/15 05:57 PM

Make a live disc of ubuntu or similar distro and have her try it. Elementary os is a fork of ubuntu, very clean and easy to use for newcomers.
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 Expedition 5.4L Eddie Bauer running thread by Pop_Rivit @ 02/23/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Astro14Pop - I am not certain that it's the Expedition that is the source of contention...I think we are all a little frustrated with this ratio: Things MP says he will do. _____________________ Things MP actually does. In h
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
How much??
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Have your Vitamin D level checked by Thermo1223 @ 02/23/15 05:54 PM

I know in "Bearded Dragon" & "Iguana" days fluorescent bulbs that produced concentrated desert or tropical amounts of UVa & UVb were needed. They needed for the exact reasons we do and since you can't really keep a cold bl
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline synthetic transfer case fluid AutoTrak 2 by turtlevette @ 02/23/15 05:47 PM

I wonder it will prevent the pump case wear thru problem on GM. I was thinking of using a heavy GL5 gear oil similar to what is used in a diff to prevent wear through.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: what filter for a 10k+ OCI? by ThirdeYe @ 02/23/15 05:46 PM

I have an 08 tc also, and I'm also running m1 afe 0w-20. I'm using a Napa Gold (Wix) and it's working perfectly fine. I'll be switching to Fram Ultras later since they are more efficient. I never understood why aftermarkets always refer to the 4967 s
Where in OH are you? We had temps in the upper twenties this past Saturday morning and even above freezing in the afternon, but we also had 6" of fresh, wet snow. Now, over the last weekend of January, we did get into the upper forties, so I too
Under the hood.
Jump to new posts Re: HiPoint .40S&W Carbine Kaboom by gmurra @ 02/23/15 05:45 PM

If you don't like me putting the name in capital letters get over it. Since you are in the military I would think you could handle it so put on your big boy pants and deal with it. Also no where did I say it did not fire out of battery, it's very obv
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra change interval by Nick1994 @ 02/23/15 05:44 PM

I'd go 2 years. It's only $8.99.
Jump to new posts Re: polymer lower receivers by bsmithwins @ 02/23/15 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeFrom a safety standpoint, aluminum is safer in case of a kaboom. In an aluminum lower, it blows the magazine out the bottom and remains intact. In a polymer lower, the lower explodes and sends shrapnel into the shooters
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone ever had damage from snow load? by turtlevette @ 02/23/15 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladCan you get one of those 6" wide plastic snow shovels and get all around it? I am a bit OCD, but I wouldnt sleep until that snow was removed. That's what I was thinking. A kids beach shovel. Or find something
Originally Posted By: A_HarmanOriginally Posted By: JSRT4Originally Posted By: K23Turbo[censored]. Miss my old AP2. Never tried RL. Used M1, CE, PP all with good results. Quite a few people who get rid of their S2000's often regret their decision
Jump to new posts Re: Q.S. Defy with different ratings by old1 @ 02/23/15 05:38 PM

Oh, that makes sense, so I guess that explains it. Can't seem to find the 10/40 around town any more anyway.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: what filter for a 10k+ OCI? by DuckRyder @ 02/23/15 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Char BabyWell, here's their list for your car: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search...&vi=1440241 http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/fi/storeresults/30310/100.oap 13.99 for a Bosch Premium? They have lost their minds fi
Jump to new posts Valvoline synthetic transfer case fluid AutoTrak 2 by Greasymechtech @ 02/23/15 05:37 PM

http://www.valvoline.com/products/brands/valvoline/automatic-transmission-fluid/140 Saw it at Autozone. Recommended for GM AutoTrak II, and any xfer case using common ATFs.
Page 130 of 326 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 325 326 >