by hardcore302
08/23/16 10:17 PM
Looking for new mechanical pencil
by Merkava_4
08/23/16 09:33 PM
Sewer gasses in bathroom
by sxg6
08/23/16 09:13 PM
I am a idiot, a fool or what? UOA coming soon!
by Vern_in_IL
08/23/16 08:57 PM
4ft LED T8 replacement bulbs 6.97$
by Rand
08/23/16 08:35 PM
Low cost sedan looks better than expensive one
by HTSS_TR
08/23/16 08:22 PM
Toyota red in motorcycles/snowmobi
les

by Altydoc
08/23/16 07:42 PM
Looking at some old posts
by Oldmoparguy1
08/23/16 07:35 PM
Towing a heavy trailer
by Donald
08/23/16 07:31 PM
Envelope Budget System
by GMFan
08/23/16 06:37 PM
Saving OPE after a flood?
by Geauxtiger
08/23/16 06:18 PM
Newest Members
Bigford545, FWR132, smancer, FJCurious, kburns
58899 Registered Users
Who's Online
36 registered (CharlieBauer, CrazyJeeper, CKN, BrianF, 5 invisible), 827 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58899 Members
66 Forums
253477 Topics
4160806 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tip pregnant waitress more ? by motor_oil_madman @ 08/19/16 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: DoogI don't feel sorry for pregnant women..... lol. me neither.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Oil filter ratings/ rankings by bbhero @ 08/19/16 10:32 PM

Well this is obviously not totally scientific but I am curious to how everyone would rank them and possibly why. So, here it goes for me. Using a 1-10 scale. My "Super 7" oil filters #1 Fram Ultra = 10. This is due to its quality constr
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Reinforcing what BrocLuno is suggesting, here's some temperatures from a test engine in a paper. At those sorts of speeds, the bearings are operating in the High Shear Regime, and clearly quite high temperatures...if you were operating the car
Jump to new posts Re: M1 ep vs Amsoil SS by CT8 @ 08/19/16 10:30 PM

Try 10,000 with which ever oils marketing works best for you then do a uoa .
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tip pregnant waitress more ? by Doog @ 08/19/16 10:27 PM

I don't feel sorry for pregnant women.....
Change it
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 03 neon-oil pressure light comes on by dishdude @ 08/19/16 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Miller88Originally Posted By: racer12306It's very likely the sensor. It's a Neon thing, kind of like how 03+ Neons kill cam position sensors. Happened on my friends 02 as well. Along with 41TEfailure. The good news is, with r
Jump to new posts M1 ep vs Amsoil SS by Doublehaul @ 08/19/16 10:24 PM

Hey guys, Looking to extend on my wife's 12' 4cly Malibu. Obviously things need to be finalized via uoa, but what's the consensus on the longer lasting oil. 5w30ep or 0w30ss. Car is driven 40 miles a day on 55mph 2 lane roads...hoping to maybe ru
Jump to new posts Re: OCI help needed! first bitog post by THafeez @ 08/19/16 10:23 PM

Hi Broc, Thank you so much for taking out the time and helping me out. I am planning to use a fram ultra filter with ms5k when I reach the 5000/6 month interval. After the harsh winter is done I'll be trying out M1 HM with the same filter. Eng
Oil 101 is nout how to understand the issue. There is a whole lot more reading and study needed to understand the issue. One salient factor is how hard will the engine be run? If it's flat to the floor for an hour at a time pulling a trailer over
General and Off Topic
I'm sure we could all agree most homeless people are mentally ill. They don't have healthcare, and the US is too cheap to extend medical care to all citizens, so they end up on the street. We're too cheap to take care of veterans properly, where do t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tip pregnant waitress more ? by Shannow @ 08/19/16 10:16 PM

We tipped when we were there, as is custom and practice. But I still have an issue with the process where A kid at Maccas doesn't have the same access as at another style eatery.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What's a good drink that doesn't destroy teeth? by motor_oil_madman @ 08/19/16 10:13 PM

I think i'll just start rinsing with water. I don't drink too many gatorades a day. Maybe one coke and one Gatorade late in the day to give me my last little boost to finish off the day. I can drink water until it's coming out of my ears, but sometim
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tip pregnant waitress more ? by hpb @ 08/19/16 10:13 PM

The etiquette in tipping is explained here. It's a little confusing to those of us who haven't grown up with it, but just a way of life for Americans I suppose. https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g191-s606/United-States:Tipping.And.Etiquette.html
Most quality filters will go 2 oil changes ... Yours are a bit long for average, but why not?
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Sportster 1200 recommendations by 02s4audi @ 08/19/16 10:09 PM

Anyone?
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: bubbatime Nope. Nope. Nope. The New Deal was the beginning of the end of the American dream. A complete, utter disaster for America. Speaking of mental illness.
Jump to new posts Re: Changing water pump on a 2004 Kia Rio. by double vanos @ 08/19/16 10:06 PM

I just google images the pump and it looks like it's behind the timing belt. Not fun, I think...
Jump to new posts Re: Why would I need higher then 30 grade synthetic? by UncleDave @ 08/19/16 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bbheroVery well stated UncleDave. That's my main concern about my 3.5 VQ motor is all the chains it has. It is a great motor that sounds very good. But I sure can see it tearing oil viscosity down in a quick fashion. UncleDave
They do it because most people NEVER check their engine oil level, and the hope is that a slight overfill will keep them from running dry before the next change if the engine consumes any.
My Silverado has a Fram Ultra that was installed in Aug 2014 - it's on it's second oil change that was performed Sept 2015. The oil life monitor currently is at 40% Don't plan to change it until it reaches 20% , which could be a few months from now.
How can you be sure of 1/4 quart overfill I say this as I see here that MANY owners do not check their oil as instructed in the owners manual. "I let it drain over night and check it cold"...yep you guys. Show me that in ANY auto manual.
Jump to new posts Re: Changing water pump on a 2004 Kia Rio. by AntsinmyEyes @ 08/19/16 09:57 PM

The shop may warranty that. I would check there asap
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tip pregnant waitress more ? by Silk @ 08/19/16 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: hpbGotta say, I hope the "tipping" thing never takes off here. The waitress is already getting paid by her employer to serve the customers, I see no need to pay her extra. No tipping here either. She's on minimum w
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tip pregnant waitress more ? by motor_oil_madman @ 08/19/16 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: spasm3I tip based on service , genuine service. If i get good service throughout the meal i tip well. What i hate is poor service, and suddenly making sure my glass is filled , while giving my the ticket. I tip well , pregnant o
Page 130 of 225 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 224 225 >