by BBrier
6 minutes 37 seconds ago
I am filing suit against Carter Fuel Systems
by DoubleWasp
Today at 03:37 PM
Smart Thermostats
by OVERKILL
Today at 03:26 PM
make your own coil pack removal tool cheap!!
by raaizin
Today at 03:14 PM
Does my car just hate Autocraft batteries, or what
by daves87rs
Today at 02:14 PM
Old Mac SW on new Mac, possible?
by sleddriver
Today at 01:40 PM
Quickstruts and my 2007 Escape....
by badtlc
Today at 01:16 PM
Anyone using Falken Ziex Ze950 A/S tires ?
by wbwanzer
Today at 01:10 PM
Mobil 1 15/w50 in Ford 4.6 V8 12,706 Mile OCI
by Doktor_Bert
Today at 11:48 AM
Mobil 1 0w40 to castrol syntec 0w40 European
by MetalSlug
Today at 11:38 AM
Tire rotation at Mavis Tire
by Donald
Today at 11:38 AM
tire speed rating vs tire longevity
by friendly_jacek
Today at 10:42 AM
Newest Members
Mike_T13, spau, FLYNAVY, ArtGarcia, 12e
51662 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (19jacobob93, 97tbird, 87sammy, 01rangerxl, 01_celica_gt, 901Memphis, 7 invisible), 1764 Guests and 179 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51662 Members
64 Forums
221066 Topics
3494438 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: vegas gratuity question by LT4 Vette @ 10/19/14 08:00 AM

If its not a fast food place, any bar or restaurant expects the person to tip.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Hard Drive Enclosure Questions by mattwithcats @ 10/19/14 07:58 AM

First, what interface will be used? USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? FireWire 400 or 800? Thunderbolt? Next, what size? 2.5 or 3.5? Hard drive type SATA or IDE? (SATA) Other World Computing has some nice external cases... www.macsales.com/search/Elite+Pro+Oxf
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Wheels balanced to "00" by CapriRacer @ 10/19/14 07:56 AM

What studies I have seen say that the vast majority of vehicles are insensitive to anything under 1/4 oz. (5 grams) - that for practical purposes, the normal round off error built into balance machines due to the increments of the weights available
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Duron-E in gas engine? by tcp71 @ 10/19/14 07:54 AM

I have a couple of jugs of petro Canada duron-e in 5w40 weight. http://lubricants.petro-canada.ca/en/products/2725.aspx Just wondering if it's ok to use a jug of it in my 2009 f150 5.4 if I mix in some Mobil 0w20 AFE for the remaining oil to get to
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any UPS drivers here? by Barkleymut @ 10/19/14 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By: skyactivI'm a diesel semi mech at UPS. Don't expect this temporary job to become a permanent full time driving position. UPS is union. The contract had and still might have a ratio that allows UPS to hire drivers off the street.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any UPS drivers here? by Barkleymut @ 10/19/14 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Quote:Space and Visibility worksheet What is that anyway? http://quizlet.com/28238816/ups-space-and-visibility-flash-cards/
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Tire size with wet driving by Camprunner @ 10/19/14 07:44 AM

Do tires that are thinner or less wide do better in the rain? Givin the same exact tire and tread pattern let's say one tire is a 245/75/16 and one is a 285/75/16 will the less wide tire have better wet traction?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: How many miles left? by CapriRacer @ 10/19/14 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: Char BabyOriginally Posted By: CapriRacerI'm with KitaCam in that without knowing how many miles are on the tires now, you can't give a good estimate. Same here! How many miles have you trave
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Front struts: replace individually or pairs? by fdcg27 @ 10/19/14 07:43 AM

After 90K, the damping performance of the struts has been degraded, so unless you feel comfortable driving with strong damping on one side and weak on the other, change both. If one has failed, the other probably won't be far behind. I'd do the rear
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OEM GM Tires. 2014 by CapriRacer @ 10/19/14 07:42 AM

Originally Posted By: used_0il Foolish as it may seem, I doubt that a high percentage of drivers when buying new tires chose the OEM tire their vehicle came with...... I think you missed my point. Let me explain it this way: You've purchased a n
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Shop cant seem to balance tires? by CapriRacer @ 10/19/14 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Lapham3.....But yes, uniformity that affects driveabilty issues still seems spotty to me. Part of the problem is that it is a lot easier for a vehicle manufacturer to make the chassis stiffer (which makes the vehicle more sens
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Larger tires needed any Tire guys? by CapriRacer @ 10/19/14 07:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Koz1Ok Ill ask the dealer first before I buy..... Their answer will be: "Don't!" They are not in a position to tell you anything else for legal liability reasons. In my opinion, it isn't the wheel width that is the
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: WIX 51356 size changed by sayjac @ 10/19/14 07:15 AM

It's true that the 51356 has the same thread size and gasket as the newer 57356, however as posted here in the past Wix changed the 57356 baseplate geometry for "more thread engagement and a better gasket seal." As the OP's post is unclea
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Low RPM dangerous for engine longevity? by TiredTrucker @ 10/19/14 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By: CT8That is shifting like a girl. LOL. I can take that. After all, I shift a manual 18 speed non synchronized manual transmission in a commercial semi for an average 130,000 miles a year. for the last 32 years. I have no pr
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Double Oven Repair by DirkDiggler @ 10/19/14 07:08 AM

control board. I have a single Jenn Air but same issues. Made 2 yr warranty period but labor was on me.... google your issues - the forums out there were great in helping me diagnose
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: TCW3 question with fuel by Olas @ 10/19/14 07:08 AM

Sorry, I mis-typed. Meant to say 1oz/5gal. Some people report better fuel economy and easier starting, others say it does nothing, and another group suspect fouled spark plugs and failed O2 sensors.. Lubricity of the fuel is often mentioned by peo
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you go on factory fill? by TiredTrucker @ 10/19/14 07:02 AM

Changed my 2013 Silverado engine FF at 1200 miles. Trans, transfer, and diffs at 3000 miles.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any UPS drivers here? by Jarlaxle @ 10/19/14 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Darren270I'm a UPS driver. And no, despite what the training sheet says, you do not have to have it memorized before your training class starts. You will however, have to have it all memorized word for word, by the last day of t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Double Oven Repair by NHGUY @ 10/19/14 07:01 AM

Their tire machines are overpriced,and flimsily made.And they refuse to do on-site repairs unless the shop owner/selling party cant fix it themselves.
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you go on factory fill? by Shannow @ 10/19/14 07:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Cardiobuck2) An effort to make 5-year ownership costs $45 lower and thus notch it above Toyota by about the same amount--also at the potential cost of long term reliability. The only problem with the above two arguments is of c
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you go on factory fill? by Droopy @ 10/19/14 07:00 AM

Thank you everyone for your responses and insight. I had a 2012 Toyota Highlander with the v6. On my first change there was some some metal shavings in the internal filter. I know it's a different OEM but I'm pretty sure the manufacturing processes a
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you go on factory fill? by virginoil @ 10/19/14 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By: demarpaintConsider looking at it this way for the sake of argument: Do a UOA on a new car after lets say at 2,000 miles. The wear metals are high, that's normal for a new engine breaking in. OK fine. Take those same results and
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you go on factory fill? by Shannow @ 10/19/14 06:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Oily_hairI never knew that I was killing my vehicles and that the dealers, manufactures and engineers have formed a conspiracy to destroy our cars. Wow, what a logical and rationally reasoned argument...congratulations. Part
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: THREE Permatex brake lubricants by wokeupdead @ 10/19/14 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: doitmyselfOriginally Posted By: gogozythx doitmyself, the PAO in the green thing often swell the robber boots? I'm not an expert on brakes or grease. I'm also not a chemist. I do know that certain car brands have rubber brake
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you go on factory fill? by Cardiobuck @ 10/19/14 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By: GreasymechtechSpecial break in oil hogwash. Environmentalist brainwashing using fear scare tactics to help you run your vehicle into the ground. Lowering the cost of ownership for brainwashed marketing reasons is foolish.
Page 130 of 238 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 237 238 >