by 13Tacoma
Today at 01:54 AM
M/T Fluid Change in '06 Corolla
by BrandonVA
Today at 01:10 AM
Biggest AC Delco/Fram Ultra for GM LSA?
by GM4LIFE
Today at 12:10 AM
using M1 High Mileage... having doubts, switch?
by Legend11
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
What is white mask symbol on violet back ground
by jorton
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Took the Amsoil plunge today.
by 340_Magnum
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
2013 Silverado 5.3 lifter noise
by gofasterrrr
Yesterday at 10:12 PM
Installed my last PureOne today.
by Hollow
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
2014 silverado oil issue
by Jschreffler81
Yesterday at 09:14 PM
Ford Duratec 2.0
by pbm
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
Improving Vision
by lawman1909
Yesterday at 08:19 PM
Made a headlamp harness for the Miata
by Klutch9
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
Newest Members
340_Magnum, aselinger, extrabigjon, monron, Jschreffler81
51672 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (Digital2k2, david_ES2, Falcon_LS, 3800Series, 901Memphis, 1 invisible), 594 Guests and 170 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51672 Members
64 Forums
221089 Topics
3494869 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Winter storage? by Camprunner @ 10/20/14 09:06 AM

If I change my oil in my Mustang before I put it away for the winter do I need to dump that oil when it comes out of storage or can I run it for a normal change interval when it comes out?
General and Off Topic
I remember filling some plastic milk jugs with gas a time or two.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Has Audi's reliability improved? by Mykl @ 10/20/14 09:05 AM

Anecdotal evidence, but.... a coworker has an Audi A4 2.0T that's only a couple of years old that needed a new engine due to excessive oil consumption. Audi took really good care of him though, and the new engine is nice and tight. With this parti
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Best current production metal jerry gas cans? by Smcatub @ 10/20/14 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: DannoOriginally Posted By: OlasI have a 10 litre NATO style jerry can, bought if from eBay for 5.00 a few years ago. It doesn't leak and the finish is still intact. NATO can FTW!! Unless it has correct color - red for gasoli
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru Extra-S VOA by Mykl @ 10/20/14 09:03 AM

There were/are a lot of guys on the STI forums that would experiment with other fluids for reasons I never understood, I always thought this was great stuff for that particular car. I think the only issue I ever had with it was a hard 1-2 shift if t
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Has Audi's reliability improved? by skyactiv @ 10/20/14 09:02 AM

My wife has a new job and wants to trade her Mazda3 in on a new 2015 Audi A4 Quattro with a manual transmission. Consumers Reports says Audi's reliability has gone up in recent years. Are there any known issues plaguing the current generation A4's
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Wheels balanced to "00" by Traction @ 10/20/14 08:58 AM

Okay, I agree.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Absolute Efficiency Air Filters? by WillB @ 10/20/14 08:56 AM

Thank you Colt.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starter Replacement, 2002 Silverado 5.3L by zzyzzx @ 10/20/14 08:53 AM

A 2002 vehicle that already has worn out brushes??? How many miles are on this vehicle?
Jump to new posts Re: Malibu Spark Plug Wire Clips by The_Eric @ 10/20/14 08:53 AM

If the car is around tonight I'll snap a photo for you. The rear bank's clip should mount to the coil bracket (stud/nut) and tuck down on the right side as viewed from the front- although some go do the left side.
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 HD ROAD KING - HARLEY SYN3 20W/50 by sunruh @ 10/20/14 08:53 AM

Rev, 1st off i rarely comment on hd motors. there is a lot more suspect than just copper and silicon. yes this is a new motor and 1st oil, but still so lets pull the significant ones out: Alum 5 Iron 12 Copper 83 Lead 3 Tin 6 Manganese 4 Silicon
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Pilot gas mileage by hypervish @ 10/20/14 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Char BabyI really have to baby our RX-300 to get the EPA rating whereas with our other cars,(namely Altima) we can drive quite normal with some aggression(not hard) and still at least meet the EPA. Another car(Mazda3) will smash
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Pilot gas mileage by Char Baby @ 10/20/14 08:46 AM

I really have to baby our RX-300 to get the EPA rating whereas with our other cars,(namely Altima) we can drive quite normal with some aggression(not hard) and still at least meet the EPA. Another car(Mazda3) will smash the EPA rating.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Corolla 1/2 quart too much ATF? by Bgallagher @ 10/20/14 08:44 AM

I wouldn't stress it. Check the level and next time you're doing an oil change you can drain and fill to the correct level.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Ram EcoDiesel Questions by A_Harman @ 10/20/14 08:40 AM

You apparently have something against Cummins Engine Company, but I have to tell you; Cummins has been in the "downsized" engine business for about 80 years. They have been using 14-15 liter engines (and even 10-11 liter engines occasional
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Absolute Efficiency Air Filters? by WillB @ 10/20/14 08:38 AM

Thanks Trav.
Jump to new posts Re: Auto industry complaints. Vent yours by Mykl @ 10/20/14 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Olasmy major grievances at the moment are the huge amounts of weight introduced to cars with unnecessary features like electric windows, power steering, air conditioning, satnav etc etc etc....they only serve to reduce economy a
Jump to new posts Re: Rotate warm or cool? by Bgallagher @ 10/20/14 08:34 AM

Only advantage would be that you're able to get a more accurate PSI on a cold tire. Besides that there is no real advantage.
Jump to new posts Re: I want to scream... by supton @ 10/20/14 08:32 AM

I had to take the skidplate off my truck this weekend; it has some 12mm bolts holding it up. Plate is not that heavy, yet I almost needed a breaker bar to break 'em loose. Dealership rebuilt the front diff (which is behind the plate)... same place
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Absolute Efficiency Air Filters? by Trav @ 10/20/14 08:32 AM

I cant give an honest review of it because my annual mileage is so low but i can say after 5 yrs and 15K it shows no material deterioration. The plumbing on the clean side to the throttle body is still clean and dust free. I would buy it again.
Jump to new posts Re: Low RPM dangerous for engine longevity? by supton @ 10/20/14 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: asand1Big diesels turning under 1000 RPM and racking up millions of hours/miles would indicate that this is not a valid concern. Vastly different designed engine! Plus, that engine might top out at 1,800rpm (idle at 500?). 1
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Absolute Efficiency Air Filters? by Colt45ws @ 10/20/14 08:28 AM

They are very good. Not scientific, but I have one in my CVLX that went in with the new air intake setup and 20k miles later its still clean. Almost none of that really fine dust that manages to get by paper filters. I haven't cleaned it yet; Im usin
Jump to new posts Re: Pre winter maintenance! :) by supton @ 10/20/14 08:26 AM

I've never had a problem with frozen locks. I did pump up the tires on the truck to 39psi the other day. It was like 70 out, but I figured it'd be 40F before long. Other weekend I hosed underneath the vehicles with FF. Half quart on the cars and
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire size with wet driving by CapriRacer @ 10/20/14 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: bullwinkleDirectional tires seem to make a big difference in rain-the Aquatred/TripleTred design (shared by the Michelin Pilot) seems to be great in heavy rain, a wider one of that style would be MUCH better in rain than a gener
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by OVERKILL @ 10/20/14 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralI've said for years country was the last pop music type left where the artists generally were good-looking -- and some gorgeous, like Faith Hill -- and tried to look their best on stage. And where you could still und
Page 115 of 243 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 242 243 >