click here to participate in the Gumout Q&A

Recent Topics
Valvoline 10w30 Premium Blue Diesel Oil
by beanoil
53 minutes 3 seconds ago
Best Debut Albums
by MrHorspwer
Today at 06:30 PM
Getting rid of different type of grass....
by daves66nova
Today at 06:27 PM
Experts: Read these spark plugs :)
by 97tbird
Today at 04:35 PM
BERSA VS FIRESTORM?
by Eddie
Today at 03:30 PM
garage sales& flea markets
by car51
Today at 03:14 PM
Royal Purple?
by WillB
Today at 03:07 PM
What was your first music album?
by car51
Today at 03:00 PM
Royal purple 75W90? my diff fluid
by WillB
Today at 02:54 PM
Long-life H11 bulbs?
by Benzadmiral
Today at 02:45 PM
clear window "tint"
by joaks
Today at 02:43 PM
Using Stabil as a fuel system cleaner
by SpeedyG75VW
Today at 02:39 PM
Newest Members
gobsmacked, barrell, Mazda6, rickeys, DROD
53643 Registered Users
Who's Online
113 registered (74DartSport, 01_celica_gt, 3800Series, 2002 Maxima SE, 901Memphis, 11 invisible), 2009 Guests and 189 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53643 Members
66 Forums
230013 Topics
3680588 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my bike... by OtisBlkR1 @ 04/17/15 08:10 AM

I enjoyed all your post's. lot's of good opinions.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Camping spots near Ithaca, NY by Bandito440 @ 04/17/15 08:04 AM

Thanks for the responses. I was leaning towards Taughannock Falls so I could get in an early morning swim across the lake. I'm still undecided.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Over due for brake lines - all of them by SHOZ @ 04/17/15 08:03 AM

When they go they go. And the dual circuit master cylinders are of little help.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Carfax/Autocheck by kschachn @ 04/17/15 08:03 AM

I guess I wouldn't assume that at all. He said he has service records, and TBH the leaking valve cover gaskets is normal for this engine. I've replaced mine multiple times and whether it's a design flaw or a materials issue, either way they start lea
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: UOA 2007 John Deere 2305 57 hrs by Bandito440 @ 04/17/15 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1What is the OCI on this unit? Looks like this should be greatly extended. On their larger engines OCI is 500 hrs. with their Plus 50 II . I use this lube across several different applications, without issues, and have
Jump to new posts Re: Carfax/Autocheck by Vikas @ 04/17/15 08:00 AM

if everything is working on that car, it is not a bad price; they should routinely run up to 250-300k miles. the sludge could be dissolved slowly by shorter OCI
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai XG350 T/C lock up. by JRed @ 04/17/15 07:59 AM

Just wanted to update this thread. Trans had Full Synthetic Maxlife Dex/Merc with around five years and 30,000 miles of city driving on it. This would've been the older Maxlife Dex/Merc that didn't list Mercon LV on the bottle. Changed the fluid ou
Jump to new posts Re: Bubbling/melting under molding? by supton @ 04/17/15 07:59 AM

I did a hack job using JB Weld on mine, using cheap roof flashing to plug holes. Two years and it is holding up just fine. I suspect fiberglass can be stronger, but if it is not a floorboard then I am not sure the strength is required. Not for the wo
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Scion TC Reliability? by cptbarkey @ 04/17/15 07:58 AM

I dont get cross shopping a Rav4 to a TC, but okay.
Jump to new posts Re: Over due for brake lines - all of them by supton @ 04/17/15 07:56 AM

When brake lines start leaking, how "fast" do they leak? As in, how bad is it? Years ago I had a pad fall off my car, and it felt like I had zero brakes. Instantly. Ever since then I have been wholly against owning something where brake li
Jump to new posts Re: CarMax haggle and shopping experience by Vikas @ 04/17/15 07:54 AM

I don't quite understand why you got upset when Carmax did not budge from their stated policy. For all you know, the manager might have got fired for the policy infraction. What is the difference when it comes to application of rules and policies w
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Noise/glitch/minimal by Stelth @ 04/17/15 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Touring5Ever listened to Constance Demby? Good music to fall asleep or just relax to. Thanks for that. I took a listen. Nice, but not really my cup of tea.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Thinner oils and higher wear by badtlc @ 04/17/15 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Pontual "Thinner oils don't give enough cushion for particles trapped in part clearances." This statement is obviously plausible. But so what? OK, maybe I missed it, but where are these values? What is the oil
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: BP Exiting Cellulosic Biofuels in the US by A_Harman @ 04/17/15 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: doitmyselfOriginally Posted By: bigt61With cheap oil everywhere, bio-fuels are making less economic sense. And thus, we start yet another downward cycle in our quest to become energy self reliant. I've witnessed about three
General and Off Topic
Many reports are saying they are pulling too much water out of the ground, the ground is getting compacted and the underground aquifer will never hold the same quantity of water again. A farmer has a 400' well. Farmer next door drills a 600' well a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Which is a better deal ? by Bandito440 @ 04/17/15 07:51 AM

I'd offer to mail you a quart of dark amber, but it would come out a bit ahead of Costco's price after including shipping. I can guarantee its source though. Originally Posted By: toneydocThe real question is did the syrup from Wal mart come from C
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Ultra NEXT JDM oil VOA by Miller88 @ 04/17/15 07:48 AM

What is it supposed to be? A 16?
Jump to new posts Re: How long is left on this CV boot? by supton @ 04/17/15 07:47 AM

Bah. Mine was split for months, and still had grease left. Replaced the boots, flipped the joints, drove on. I Bought Rein boots, and I do not recommend. The outers are ok, but just do not feel as good as oem. The inners sucked. Two different inners
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: People and the donut spare. by Vikas @ 04/17/15 07:46 AM

Once again how in the world do you *know* somebody is illegal when you come across that person? That is why your rant is racist. And you know it too.
General and Off Topic
What's causing the drought and the bad winter weather in the Northeast is the high pressure area sitting over California over the winter months. It cause the jet stream to bypass California go thru Canada and causing the Arctic condition we've been h
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Its flooding down in Texas... by Oldmoparguy1 @ 04/17/15 07:44 AM

Businesses leaving California for Texas. People leaving California for Texas. Now water is leaving California for Texas. The power of taxation........
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Scion TC Reliability? by Miller88 @ 04/17/15 07:44 AM

Is a Scion TC going to come anywhere close to the practicality of a Rav4? If you just need a car to drive to and from work, there's many Yaris, Corolla Accord, Civic out there just waiting to have another 100K put on them.
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: GroupV Base oils by A_Harman @ 04/17/15 07:42 AM

What gas turbines are not aero-derivative?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Scion TC Reliability? by Falken @ 04/17/15 07:40 AM

Going from a RAV4 you might be pretty happy with a Honda Fit... Mine is almost 5 years old and I still love it like the day I bought it. But they are becoming a classic small Honda now, so they are pretty $$$$$
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Wonder if age is catching up with tires by Bamaro @ 04/17/15 07:37 AM

Originally Posted By: daves87rsOriginally Posted By: zzyzzxYou bought cheap imported tires, and now you are complaining about them, correct? Try something made in USA by a name brand next time. My tires are way older than yours (some go back to 199
Page 115 of 296 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 295 296 >