04/01/15 06:03 PM
DI carbon issues blown out of proportion? Probably
by wemay
04/01/15 05:48 PM
Newest Members
DAD105, Matsbugs, ReverendC, bandk, aurum79
53413 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (2004tdigls, 72te27, 4Scott4, 12 invisible), 1586 Guests and 195 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53413 Members
66 Forums
229068 Topics
3661396 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Flashing high beams at other drivers by Wolf359 @ 03/30/15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: andrewgSo many on here seem to think that the left is for ANYBODY that wants to pass cars....CONTINUOUSLY.... as opposed to using the left lane legally TO PASS a slower moving vehicle in the right lane. People here are complain
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
CATERHAM...in bypass, the oil isn't being dumped to the sump it's there, the galleries are FULL (or there'd be no pressure)...there is no lack of oil in the engine...the bearings just can't use it all.. Claiming some esoteric operational mode (some
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Where Might it Be Leaking? by Nick1994 @ 03/30/15 03:05 PM

My grandfather's '96 Jeep Cherokee with the 4.0L was leaking yesterday. He drove it around and pulled in a parking lot and the temperature light came on indicating it was overheating (no needle gauge). He saw that there was coolant on the ground and
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Windshield scratched by wiper. by Miller88 @ 03/30/15 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Drosselmier A watched pot never boils. A scratched glass stays scratched. Damage is done. Sorry. I had a windshield wiper fly off once and my windshield stayed scratched. I still can't figure out why, but my Jeep keeps tossi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wal-Mart Is Largest Employer in 20 States by Mr Nice @ 03/30/15 03:04 PM

I've always negotiated my salary (except military). With my skill set I deserve to make my salary, very simple concept.
Jump to new posts Re: Flashing high beams at other drivers by dlundblad @ 03/30/15 03:04 PM

I would think it'd be just as easy for the flasher to pass someone in the right lane.. instead of flashing lights. Might just be me, but being flashed (with lights ) kills my eyes and I see spots for a few minutes. I actually had a semi flash his l
Jump to new posts Re: Flashing high beams at other drivers by Smokescreen @ 03/30/15 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: scurvyI flash my high beams for exactly two reasons, neither of which was covered in this thread: 1. To signal to an oncoming driver they have their high beams on and are blinding oncoming traffic. 2. To signal to oncoming driv
Jump to new posts Re: Flashing high beams at other drivers by andrewg @ 03/30/15 03:01 PM

So many on here seem to think that the left is for ANYBODY that wants to pass cars....CONTINUOUSLY.... as opposed to using the left lane legally TO PASS a slower moving vehicle in the right lane. People here are complaining that the left is for pass
Thank you guys so much for the help! I appreciate it greatly!
I know the brand has a loyal following, but we had a Legacy as a company pool car and I drove it for a few business trips. Not impressed at all. Uncomfortable seats, acres of cheap shiny plastic and each and every time I filled it up I smelt coolant.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions about New ZTRs by purofram @ 03/30/15 02:59 PM

If you do get a zero turn which is the creme-dela-creme of lawn mowers, be sure to look at Bad Boy if there's a dealer near you. I say dealer because Tractor Supply or any big box store is not the place to buy a mower. The ZT Eite at $5k is killer an
Jump to new posts Re: Summer time idling with a/c on? by 901Memphis @ 03/30/15 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: JetronicOriginally Posted By: 901MemphisIdling does count against your TBN, but your probably already changing soon enough being a conscious car forum member... What is your current OCI and which vehicle and what oil do you use?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1988 bmw 635csi? by MCompact @ 03/30/15 02:56 PM

I had a 1988 M6 that I bitterly regret selling. I'd say go for it, but I'd also like to see it inspected by a good BMW tech. Make sure all the electrical gadgets work when you test drive it. The engine is pretty much bulletproof, but the E24s can be
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: what is this inside my fram ultras :( help by 901Memphis @ 03/30/15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: MotorkingGuys, It is a bit of over spray of an anti rust coating we put on the tapping plates to prevent corrosion during shipping and storage. Nothing to be concerned about at all. We are starting to ship alot of filters to Chi
Jump to new posts Re: Flashing high beams at other drivers by DBMaster @ 03/30/15 02:53 PM

Seems like I see a lot of drivers, night AND day, driving with high beams on. They are usually behind me in traffic so there is nothing I can do about it.
Jump to new posts Re: Camry ran low on oil, what do you suggest? by tpattgeek @ 03/30/15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Miller88You changed the oil last? I hope jiffy lube or someone changes it before the engine blows. Otherwise it's gonna be your fault ... Yes, I did it last week and 9 months ago. I'm sorry to say my family's OCIs are not t
Jump to new posts Re: Flashing high beams at other drivers by gfh77665 @ 03/30/15 02:51 PM

When I read the title I immediately thought of the oncoming vehicles with HID headlights. Anytime I encounter a punk with the HID's, I light 'em up with my high beams. I am sick and tired of being blinded in normal driving, so I have done this sinc
Jump to new posts Re: Camry ran low on oil, what do you suggest? by clarkflower @ 03/30/15 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: tpattgeekHi everyone, it's been a while since The vehicle in question is a 2007 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder with 178k miles. She's obviously not very good with maintenance. Her last OC was 9 months ago and I don't even want to kno
Jump to new posts Re: Nice work Porsche by firemachine69 @ 03/30/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: HangFireJust in time parts delivery works great, in a business environment with good, stable labor and vendor/supplier relationships. Guess you've never worked "the floor", huh?
Jump to new posts Re: Camry ran low on oil, what do you suggest? by jacky @ 03/30/15 02:48 PM

i have ran mine low (2 quarts)and the oil pressure light came on im not saying it didnt damage anything but that was 2 years ago and car still runs as good as it ever did
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Toro CCR 1000 / HSK600 by 97 GTP @ 03/30/15 02:47 PM

Earlier this winter I acquired an old Toro 2 cycle snow thrower. After making a few repairs the machine works really well considering it's only 3HP. The one thing that has stumped me is... No matter how cold the units right up in a pull or two. Afte
Jump to new posts Re: Camry ran low on oil, what do you suggest? by Miller88 @ 03/30/15 02:46 PM

You changed the oil last? I hope jiffy lube or someone changes it before the engine blows. Otherwise it's gonna be your fault ...
Jump to new posts Re: Remember that O noes my Forester died thread... by Nate1979 @ 03/30/15 02:46 PM

How about you get a real quote from a Indie Subbie shop and post that number. $9600 is hard to believe for almost any repair.
Jump to new posts Re: Camry ran low on oil, what do you suggest? by tpattgeek @ 03/30/15 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Drew99GTIf it was run low to the point the oil pressure light came on, no oil will repair damage. That's what I have been telling the family. The general rule is when the light comes on, it's already too late. Thanks every
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Fort Meade by Hokiefyd @ 03/30/15 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: demarpaintI meant to say averted, it was too late to edit. Yes...critical omission!
Page 115 of 292 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 291 292 >