Yesterday at 08:20 PM
2005 F150 steering rack
by Colt45ws
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
Newest Members
paulp, ATLjunkcars, jqgz, ukpdxwrx, TerrenceRocks
56865 Registered Users
Who's Online
74 registered (BlueOvalFitter, b1amgm47, Boomer, Brad_C, 05LGTLtd, Branson304, 10 invisible), 955 Guests and 201 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56865 Members
66 Forums
244433 Topics
3980569 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Originally Posted By: dishdude Yep, I wouldn't even consider proactively changing a chain. The case could be made to proactively change every part on a car since they all have a defined lifespan and "can" fail. You should on the BMW M88/
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What should I use for my next oic? by slacktide_bitog @ 02/06/16 10:39 AM

Whatever you've had the longest
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Weather guys wrong again by Doog @ 02/06/16 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: silveravantMany people confuse climate and weather. Yeah especially liberals.......except they are reaping millions of $$$$$ on "climate"....complete rip off
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 11,000 miles on a BMW by JonfromCB @ 02/06/16 10:38 AM

As I recall, Your air cooled boxer has an oci of 6K. I wouldn't recommend going much past that. Even the best oil is going to start to shear and deplete the additives somewhere around 4-5K miles... especially in an air cooled engine. Plus, why al
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Going to make all my staff grow beards... by sciphi @ 02/06/16 10:37 AM

Gillette made shaving so expensive that beards came back into vogue!
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New tires always go in front? by Olas @ 02/06/16 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By: KestasThe fact that many people replace only two tires indicates how few people actually rotate their tires. Even rotating once half-way through the life of the tires is a big help. You can't always rotate, some tyres are dir
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Weather guys wrong again by Doog @ 02/06/16 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Trav+1 They cant predict tomorrows weather but can say with certainty that's its going to hot as a mofo in 100 yrs and we are going to burn up on a overheated planet. Put another $10 a barrel fee on oil to prevent it. Yeah
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
I either keep it in the freezer of fridge. Lately the regular bread I've been let sit in the fridge. Two weeks and it still is fresh.
European and Import Motor Oils
I've never used Motul so can't comment on that but I was please with Gulf from Opie. Either of them will be more than adequate so it's more about personal preference or brand loyalty in my eyes.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Weather guys wrong again by sciphi @ 02/06/16 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By: silveravantMany people confuse climate and weather. +1 Climate can be predicted fairly accurately these days. Weather in individual spots is notoriously hard to predict. Example: Climate around me has changed to allow non-
Computers
Jump to new posts Make own external backup? by doitmyself @ 02/06/16 10:33 AM

For the past years I have been fortunate to not have any of my off the shelf Seagate or Western Digital (My Book) external desktop (3.5") backup drives fail (knock on wood). I keep 2, with one off site. My needs are VERY minimal, so no need fo
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone keep loaf of bread bread in fridge? by dparm @ 02/06/16 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: skyactivBread is cheap and easily obtainable. So if there's any bread thats past it's prime in my house, it gets tossed and replenished with a fresh loaf. Guys, a loaf of store brand white is .99 and a loaf of cheap rye is $2.1
Jump to new posts Re: GM Oil Life Update by slacktide_bitog @ 02/06/16 10:32 AM

Are all their engines DI now? I remember GM having their mileage cap set at 12k in 2000! An GM's limit has been 7500 as long as they've been using the OLM. I know that the 2000 Alero owner's manual says not to go beyond 7500 miles. But this was wit
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone keep loaf of bread bread in fridge? by dparm @ 02/06/16 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: CT8Which way is the proper way to install the roll of toilet paper? http://www.businessinsider.com/patent-shows-right-way-to-hang-toilet-paper-2015-3 The original patent is for "over".
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Pops-a-vent fuel can vent by lars11 @ 02/06/16 10:32 AM

the hole in the popsavent seem small. will it allow full flow?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a small 12v battery. by dlundblad @ 02/06/16 10:31 AM

Like this? No. http://www.sears.com/diehard-lawn-garden...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds The battery terminals are like a cars. Plus diesel = more juice needed to turn it over.
I had a 2004 VW Beetle TDI - called for 5w40 505.01 VW Spec oil. VW then didn't want to stock 5w40 so they said you can use the new 5w30 507.00 spec oil. I went into the dealership parts department for an oil filter and asked to see the bottle of 5
Jump to new posts Re: Dumbest thing you have been told at a parts store by dan_erickson @ 02/06/16 10:28 AM

Auto Zone didn't have a part in stock so the counter guy told me to put a piece of black tape over the Service Engine Soon light.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone keep loaf of bread bread in fridge? by skyactiv @ 02/06/16 10:26 AM

Bread is cheap and easily obtainable. So if there's any bread thats past it's prime in my house, it gets tossed and replenished with a fresh loaf. Guys, a loaf of store brand white is .99 and a loaf of cheap rye is $2.19.
Jump to new posts What should I use for my next oic? by dan_erickson @ 02/06/16 10:25 AM

I have a stash of oil with a few different brands to choose from for my Accord and GP that I have bought on sale over the past two years for under $2 a quart. I will be coming up on another oil change this spring with the Accord, 3.5 V6 with VCM. Als
Jump to new posts Re: Dumbest thing you have been told at a parts store by Virtus_Probi @ 02/06/16 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: RTexasFI was at an oil change place for a state inspection sticker. The manager (a self proclaimed tribologist) was pushing for an oil change. I told him I did my own changes with Mobil 1 0W20 but thanks anyway. He said, "
Jump to new posts Re: 0W20 in the US but 5W30 outside US for Mazda by chainblu @ 02/06/16 10:21 AM

I find it hilarious that half of you think 5w30 falls into the 'thick' oil catagory. It doesn't. Xw30 oil is just 10% thicker than Xw20 oil at operating temps. So, if Xw20 is too thin, that would mean Xw30 is BARELY adequate. So, it isn't a 'thick
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone keep loaf of bread bread in fridge? by KD0AXS @ 02/06/16 10:21 AM

We don't put ours in the fridge. Of all places, we keep it in the microwave. One of our cats has a strange obsession with chewing on plastic bags, so if we leave it out on the counter he will chew holes in it.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Painful To Find M1 5W30 ESP by Virtus_Probi @ 02/06/16 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: edyvwBest per ltr price is on Amazon. Buy 12ltr and you will have for next oil change too. I'd like to try it once before I buy a big quantity. Looks like 5 liters will just about get me through one change, so 12 is an inconve
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 2015 Silverado Sierra Problems? by Jim74 @ 02/06/16 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadgerOriginally Posted By: Jim74I have a '15 Silverado 4x4. 12.5k miles on it. I put a 2.5" lift kit on it though, and did a custom tune on the engine and transmission. The Torque management drove me nuts. I did h
Page 115 of 298 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 297 298 >