Today at 02:26 AM
Why doesn't 10W-30 meet dexos1 ?
by Merkava_4
Today at 01:01 AM
Newest Members
BryanM, otbevo, AF_CyberDude, JDMHero47, Laethageal
49619 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (2004tdigls, ajoter, andyd, 123Saab, 147_Grain, 8 invisible), 1892 Guests and 218 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49619 Members
64 Forums
212097 Topics
3324447 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts German Castrol in Accord calling for 5w20? by kenpoed @ 04/16/14 11:07 AM

I have wanted to try the GC castrol ow/30. Would anyone recommend NOT doing this on a remanned engine after 5k break in? The Honda recommendation is 5w/20 on this model (actually they now want 0w/20)
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RPM's dropping on the highway. by jeepman3071 @ 04/16/14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: VikasI can't help but smirk at myself when somebody suggests clogged catalytic converter when the engine suddenly quits while on the highway. Come on, I mean don't they teach you logic somewhere in the school anymore? You are
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Looks like Pennzoil is making a new synthetic low viscosity ATF..... Pennzoil Platinum ATF MSDS
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Nissan Altima rental review by supton @ 04/16/14 11:02 AM

Different drivers, different responses--I'm about the complete opposite of Hokie, I lug mine most of the time. I figure, what's the point of idle if they didn't expect you to use it? No seriously, I often drive around 1,500rpm in my stickshifts,
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: hyundai did a bg44 intake cleaning on my veloster by racer12306 @ 04/16/14 11:02 AM

If that cleaning process goes in through the intake manifold rather than the fuel delivery system, then that is why it cleaned the valves and your tectron maintenance hasn't. The fuel shooting into the center of the cylinder probably doesn't do much
European and Import Motor Oils
Originally Posted By: edyvw Quote:SHC is synthesised hydro carbons which is PAO Quote:On German version bottle it says: Synthetic technology NOT Full synthetic. So why would they market their oil for German market as Synthetic technology and on oth
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan ATX by dishdude @ 04/16/14 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Asking too much. Wasn't this the era of Hondas with [censored] auto transmissions? For this gen Civic it was just the HX that had the CVT. They didn't last long. This is the last generation Civic I liked, but $4k for
Jump to new posts Pennzoil Platinum CVT-2 by Cooper @ 04/16/14 11:02 AM

Pennzoil Platinum CVT-2 MSDS Looks like Pennzoil has decided to make some CVT fluid.....
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Toyota Camry by Miller88 @ 04/16/14 11:01 AM

Looks great! Except for the rear ... it says Hyundai. Nice interior, too.
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 WRX by user52165 @ 04/16/14 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Is that one of those engines with the opposing cylinders? They call it a flat four or flat six or something? There's a couple of those Subarus running around the neighborhood and man do they sound awful. They sound like
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Toyota Camry by SF0059 @ 04/16/14 10:59 AM

That is a Camry that I would consider driving. Well done, Toyota!
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Toyota Corolla by fresham @ 04/16/14 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: GokhanThe oil specified for that car is TGMO 0W-20 SN and the OCI specified is 10k miles / 1 year. I wouldn't use anything else. I had the same car (2009 model). The reliability is excellent but it has a weird, vague steering at
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Airing up tires by rslifkin @ 04/16/14 10:55 AM

If I don't need to do it fast, I just use a bike pump and appreciate the arm workout.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Flat repair by WhyMe @ 04/16/14 10:55 AM

These kits are great for repairing a tire that the tire shop will not repair. i am not speaking of a side wall repair, but one that is just slightly outside the range, which has gotten smaller and smaller, that they will repair. i once had a almos
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VW's not all bad just abused... by Thermo1223 @ 04/16/14 10:54 AM

Most of what I will say has been touched on but every manufacture uses plastic parts whether it's the cooling system or any other engine function. VW's is not alone in that and failing them for that would be like failing the auto industry as a whole.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Toyota Camry by Hokiefyd @ 04/16/14 10:54 AM

Leave it to Toyota to put a nice sequential-capable shifter and a proper dual-gauge speedo/tach combo in a friggin' Camry...where a number of its market peers leave some of those features out.
110.00 dollars aint so bad I guess but I just feel that Hyundai shouldof picked up this tab since its a known issue according to there tech.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Annual Tax Rant by Blaze @ 04/16/14 10:53 AM

Our tax system stagnates income for the poor. I think if the poor actually paid a flat tax like everyone else their NET earnings would improve. Does paying no Fed taxes for some and placing the burden on few help the less than fortunate...history say
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Industrial dual oil filter head by OAS @ 04/16/14 10:53 AM

Didnt know bitog had a for sale section?! Ive got an oil filter head for otr trucks or industrial equipment. It uses 2 Baldwin B99 (or equivelant) oil filters. (NOT included) It has been primer painted, and stored in my shed, so probably could use a
0w20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure Plus Product Data Sheet 0w20 Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus Product Data Sheet
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Simple safety lock for Fumoto valves by user52165 @ 04/16/14 10:52 AM

I have been using Fumoto valves for 25+ years. The "safety" issue is a non issue. In order for the lever to be tripped by accident, it would involve so much damage to the vehicle itself that it wouldn't matter anymore. BTW - never a leak.
Jump to new posts hyundai did a bg44 intake cleaning on my veloster by waltywalt @ 04/16/14 10:51 AM

Yesterday I took my car to Hyundai. My car was making a weird noise around 1,800 rpms under load. The tech took a ride with me and he said he knows whats making that sound. He said my intake valves needed to be cleaned. I doubted him and said that it
Jump to new posts Re: Maxlife ATF for VW? by Johnny248 @ 04/16/14 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: tommygunnYes, you can use Maxlife. check out this handy guide from Valvoline This cool! Thank you. Says it uses Toyota fluid? Interesting. Is this a Toyota transmission?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Nissan Altima rental review by Hokiefyd @ 04/16/14 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect Hokiefyd, I prefer a full torque converter lock, and IMO, with six forward ratios, there is almost no need for an unlocked TCC except to launch from a standstill. I thought I did, but after owning my 2011 Camry for
Jump to new posts Re: Maxlife ATF for VW? by Johnny248 @ 04/16/14 10:49 AM

My Google skills must be depleting. Yxou think it would be easy to find a fluid spec sheet for this car. The Maxlife has a listing for a couple of different vw numbers. And I do believe it is a 6spd auto.
Page 115 of 268 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 267 268 >