Recent Topics
Kawasaki FH641V issues
by Scooby
28 minutes 43 seconds ago
Getting grease out of a cartridge
by Ducked
Today at 02:11 AM
Honda Civic 1.8 engine block cracking....
by gregk24
Today at 01:55 AM
Failed AC compressor
by Ndx
Today at 12:39 AM
Transmission cooler lines - 4t45e
by GpB311
Today at 12:37 AM
radiator deterioration?
by Leo99
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Autotrak smurf fluid turned black
by RedOakRanch
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Thoughts on 2014-2015 Corolla?
by gregk24
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
FS: Fram Sure Drain SD3 New Old Stock!
by IntegraVT
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
FS: K&N E-2429 Drop-In Air Filter for Honda/Acura
by IntegraVT
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
What kind of Oci?
by MotorsportsX
Yesterday at 09:45 PM
Safe to drive with no coolant?
by NMBurb02
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
Newest Members
CaryHsieh, sip_99, 4wheelnwld, RobertJM, RCRcer
54903 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (alex16, DoubleWasp, ArrestMeRedZ, Bandito440, AdRock, dgunay), 533 Guests and 94 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54903 Members
66 Forums
235258 Topics
3785028 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sonata Engine Noise by F24Sonata @ 07/30/15 11:23 AM

Liquid metal particles, fills in "scratches" etc... It also sticks to metal. They state that the metal is small enough to pass through oil filter and cause no harm to the engine. Or maybe the oil filter IS catching it hence why the noise ta
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Possible Fram Ultra issue by HerrStig @ 07/30/15 11:22 AM

"Latest"? And which one might that be?
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: HTHSv and xw30 vs xw40 choice by Jetronic @ 07/30/15 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: chrisriIt really is a good little van. When I'm careful enough it consume under 5L/100 km on open road. I didn't change bearings on axle when it first started knocking so shafts did get some wear, but usually it isn't loaded so
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Noise Level after oil change. by bdcardinal @ 07/30/15 11:20 AM

The 1.5 and 1.6 EcoBoost engines use 5W20, part of why I made sure my mom's Fusion had a 2.0L EcoBoost. The 2.0L also has a larger sump and uses a timing chain.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by SilverC6 @ 07/30/15 11:20 AM

Not surprising. There are NAPA stores in small towns were there are no major retailers. In addition, the heavy duty filter market is not serviced by Walmart.
General and Off Topic
Can you go straight through the wall?
Jump to new posts Re: GATES vs DAYCO for radiator hoses by 01rangerxl @ 07/30/15 11:19 AM

I have run into fitment issues with a Dayco upper radiator hose before. In 2002 Ford changed the angle of the water neck on 3.0L V6 Rangers due to a new upper intake manifold design. The Dayco catalog does not account for this, and lists a hose tha
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: which filter passes the largest particles? by HerrStig @ 07/30/15 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: tinmanSCIs this really a known issue? It's hard for me to believe that Restore would get caught by any filter. Pretty hard to believe they would make an engine treatment that got removed by an engine oil filter. Not that it w
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: HerrStigOriginally Posted By: expatCan you not fit it in the sofit? I don't like roof vents. Regardless, keep the ducting as short as possible, yet don't allow condensation to flow back to the fan. In most of the US now the
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Do NOT buy the Wix closeout on Rock Auto by GMBoy @ 07/30/15 11:17 AM

Just let Rock Auto know and they will take care of you. They have very good customer service.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by bdcardinal @ 07/30/15 11:17 AM

Yup, NAPA does huge wholesale business. Even at my dealer, we do a TON more wholesale than retail counter.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: which filter passes the largest particles? by HerrStig @ 07/30/15 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: SilverC6Originally Posted By: turtlevetteI want a filter that will pass thru the metallic particles in restore. I think the STP I have on it is one of the freer flowing ones. I just want to catch the large chunks. Why bother
Jump to new posts Re: 07 Mustang droning noise by bdcardinal @ 07/30/15 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: HerrStigOriginally Posted By: Dannofront u joint problem is my best guess. MIL = lol U joint in the FRONT of a RWD car? I tracked down a sound like that to a cracked rubber air intake boot. Could be internal to the trans
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Honda CR-V at 100k miles by IndyIan @ 07/30/15 11:14 AM

I'd be interested to hear about the differences between the CRV and Ridgeline. After a few weeks in my 06 150k mile CRV, I found it does the "job" well enough, and is solid and tight with most of the interior still close to new. It is wha
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Noise Level after oil change. by bigt61 @ 07/30/15 11:09 AM

PP 5W-20 is excellent oil - relax, it will be fine.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese Tesla Clone by HerrStig @ 07/30/15 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: Leo99China is not communist. I'm no poly-sci expert but when I go to China it's about as capitalistic as can be imagined. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China Quote
Jump to new posts Re: What do you consider short trips? by Jetronic @ 07/30/15 11:07 AM

for a modern diesel: if the dpf doesn't have time to complete a regen
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Wal mart find this morning by car51 @ 07/30/15 11:05 AM

Exactly!
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Noise Level after oil change. by car51 @ 07/30/15 11:04 AM

Does that Eco Boost engine say 5w30 or 5w20 in your owners manual?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese Tesla Clone by HerrStig @ 07/30/15 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: philipp10"China has ruined their own reputation with substandard products therefore will never end up in the same boat as the Japanese and Koreans" All I can say is, "never" is a long time and people have sh
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Ac Delco filters? by slacktide_bitog @ 07/30/15 10:59 AM

AC is OEM for GM, so it should be no problem. Probably about the same quality as Purolator.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Do NOT buy the Wix closeout on Rock Auto by eljefino @ 07/30/15 10:58 AM

Happened to me too. Promised a wix, got a purolator. The private brand switched manufacturers at some point, apparently, and the old stock was a different maker than rockauto believed.
Jump to new posts Re: Sonata Engine Noise by HerrStig @ 07/30/15 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: devenMay want to adjust your valve guides. Adjustable valve GUIDES? Never seen one. What's in "Engine Restore"?
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Wal mart find this morning by eljefino @ 07/30/15 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: KitaCamOriginally Posted By: eljefinoLiterally save your receipt and take it to another walmart for a price match. Don't get greedy, just buy one more jug. Then when you get that jug from store #2, take your receipt back in an
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Noise Level after oil change. by HerrStig @ 07/30/15 10:54 AM

Maybe the factory knows better.
Page 115 of 301 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 300 301 >