Recent Topics
Win 8.1 deleted everything from 2 upgrades.
by Koz1
51 seconds ago
Royal Blue car wax
by 007
1 minute 7 seconds ago
DTE 26 vs Mobil Gear 600 XP 68
by robdaniel
3 minutes 32 seconds ago
Save Big Money on Ultimate Durability
by thegeneral
17 minutes 58 seconds ago
When was the last time you went bowling?
by skyactiv
33 minutes 6 seconds ago
Customer waiting area
by Stelth
33 minutes 9 seconds ago
[Cut Open] Harley Davidson Super Premium 5 (63731-99A)
by DuckRyder
33 minutes 31 seconds ago
Evening in San Diego
by Stelth
39 minutes 25 seconds ago
Creamic/cf/titanium pocket knife
by JHZR2
52 minutes 52 seconds ago
youtube not showing videos, locked....
by daves66nova
Today at 09:37 AM
You can't fix stupid.
by Al
Today at 09:32 AM
odd color of fresh ground beef
by jorton
Today at 09:29 AM
Newest Members
macka, boyd, zlove007, HK45, CUCOTECH
52691 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (007, b1amgm47, 04SE, AandPDan, AZjeff, 5 invisible), 1628 Guests and 143 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52691 Members
66 Forums
225871 Topics
3594847 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: You can't fix stupid. by spasm3 @ 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: totegoatThe 3-year old may have known exactly what he was doing. What ?
Computers
Jump to new posts Win 8.1 deleted everything from 2 upgrades. by Koz1 @ 1 minute 59 seconds ago

Went from Win 7 64 to Win 8.1 64. Next morning 10 gig was gone win old two directories (now its 50 gig plus everything is gone) from my upgrade to win 7 and upgrade to 8.1. What is going on with Microsoft they dont even ask me, just delete my files,
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Royal Blue car wax by 007 @ 2 minutes 15 seconds ago

Anyone ever use Royal Blue car wax. It is very popular at boat and car shows but I have seen it in stores. My favorite and longest lasting wax (if you can call it that) is Meguiars Ultimate paste wax (all synthetic). It leaves a deep wet shine on my
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Did some homework on treadwear warranties by stephen9666 @ 2 minutes 27 seconds ago

Here's the Cooper warranty Long story short: -the original owner. -rotate your tires in accordance with prescribed rotation patterns at least every 8,000 miles (13,000 km)and it must be recorded. -present the tire for adjustment. -present this warra
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Was Fram ever really that bad? by DoubleWasp @ 3 minutes 29 seconds ago

A filter near or completely inverted is going to drain back from the center tube a considerable amount of its oil. Drain back is not an apocalypse for an engine, but it's better it didn't.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: is maxlife ATF really THAT good? by J_R @ 4 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: asand1Learn the english language and acce0pt a testimonial for what it it. Sorry.... couldn't resist.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: BMW Z3 2.5 with Castrol Edge 0W-30 by CrawfishTails @ 4 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: garyb80What is your opinion on running the Castrol Edge 0W-30 European formula in Texas year around? Yes. Castrol 0w-30 has passed the toughest specs out there, like BMW LL-01 and MB 229.5, so its made to work great. However,
Heavy Equip. and Industrial Oils
Jump to new posts DTE 26 vs Mobil Gear 600 XP 68 by robdaniel @ 4 minutes 40 seconds ago

In the past I used DTE 26 in the gearbox of my mills but I now live in Hawaii and none is available locally. Mobil Gear 600 XP 68 is available. Can the gear oil be used in place of the hydraulic oil? Thanks, Rob
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: odd color of fresh ground beef by WANG @ 4 minutes 50 seconds ago

Yeah, I'm all about grinding my own, too. We usually grind chuck roast. The color thing seems pretty normal to me for packaged ground beef.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are "ground straps" for? by Chris142 @ 6 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HerrStigMuch of the exhaust on many cars floats above ground on rubber hangers and can act as an antenna for ignition and other noise. A strap from the tailpipe to the body can do wonders. Fuel trucks used to drag a length of
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: People want dirty oil, why? by gathermewool @ 6 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspOriginally Posted By: CrawfishTailsOriginally Posted By: PontualI agree with this concept. It is the heat from ring pack area at shut down that mostly cooks the oil and darkens it by oxidation. And that's why I always
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-Marine undergoing gender reassignment by Trav @ 8 minutes 13 seconds ago

The mans gone round the bend for Pete's sake.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: What's with the plastic lip under the front bumper by daves66nova @ 8 minutes 37 seconds ago

It's there to create a low pressure area under the engine area, to allow more air to easily enter the radiator. Like when you have a rear window open in a 4 door car and you also have a front door window open. The air seems to just flow through a lot
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Rate my oil change please. by NH73 @ 10 minutes 54 seconds ago

Since we are on the talks of oil filters, I am using a Purolator Pure One that I bought on 2012. Should I get rid of it? How are the Mobil 1 Extended Performance filters? It seems there is good reviews on here for the higher end Frams?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: WARNING-------Ecotec Timing chain rattle by datech @ 11 minutes 40 seconds ago

I checked the tensioners in my two engines, one has the domed cap(2009 Cobalt) one has flat (2007 Saturn). Autozone shows a part 9374 for both engines and appears to have a flat top. They also have two 'bulletins' for the engine about sludge and how
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Harley Davidson - Formula + by kballowe @ 12 minutes 24 seconds ago

The Harley transmissions seem to be fairly bulletproof. Their Formula+ has a fairly high flash point, which leads me to believe that it's a decent base stock. We have three in our group with 100k+ on their bikes, using Genuine Harley Fluids. Some h
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: When was the last time you went bowling? by SLCraig @ 13 minutes 49 seconds ago

I usually go maybe every year or 2 just randomly with someone or a group of people. I prefer 10 pin, I used to bowl in a league when I was a kid. (well, young teenager) About 50% or less of the bowling alleys still remain though. Kinda sad.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your self-destructing engines... by Trav @ 14 minutes 6 seconds ago

+1 on the Vega, HT4100/4500. These engines were not really repairable when they blew up and they did that at the drop of a hat. Other than that gang i cant think of another engine the couldn't be fixed.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-Marine undergoing gender reassignment by ToyotaNSaturn @ 15 minutes 3 seconds ago

Counterpoint: what if he transitions and through it all the dysphoric-based depression, anxiety, fear, and shame/guilt are erased and replaced with a far more productive and happy person? If that's the solution, then he figured out what makes life b
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: odd color of fresh ground beef by Danno @ 15 minutes 20 seconds ago

The color change is "normal". In saying that, after having worked in a meat department for a few years, I buy the meat and grind my own. Usually Costco stew beef and boneless pork loin chop, 75% / 25% mix.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: When was the last time you went bowling? by earlyre @ 16 minutes 9 seconds ago

3-4 years ago, we went as a family to the alley near my sister's house. My nephew and brother in-law are in a league there.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your self-destructing engines... by DoubleWasp @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: exranger06Originally Posted By: Ethan1GM's current product lineup. Whenever I see an Equinox in the service department, it's a safe bet that it's in for a timing chain under warranty. I mean, I really can't overstate how many t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Harley Davidson Super Premium 5 (63731-99A) by DuckRyder @ 18 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspI wonder who makes it for them. Me too, I'm guessing the line around the center of the element is from a string used during assembly which would seem to indicate Champion Labs. Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp5 micr
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: You can't fix stupid. by totegoat @ 18 minutes 27 seconds ago

The 3-year old may have known exactly what he was doing. The intelligence and desire to be responsible gun owners, is too often lacking in our society.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Harley Davidson Super Premium 5 (63731-99A) by sayjac @ 18 minutes 29 seconds ago

And linked is what the chrome version looks like after ~3500 miles of use. Harley Davidson Super Premium5 cut open/pics. The unused one won't win any aesthetic awards for uniformity/straightness of the seam pleat. The linked used one looked muc
Page 1 of 285 1 2 3 ... 284 285 >