Recent Topics
Coolant and Oil Filter For A 2005 BMW Z4
by afoulk
2 minutes 48 seconds ago
PF63 cut open, off 2011 Traverse, coolant leak???
by Rat407
9 minutes 4 seconds ago
Care car product storage
by butcherman
16 minutes 34 seconds ago
Super Clean 1995 BMW 525i New Paint:
by Doktor_Bert
35 minutes 46 seconds ago
Bought the stuff for a Volvo OC
by dlundblad
45 minutes 55 seconds ago
M1 5w/20 9789 miles on a 2010 Honda Civic 1.8L
by Rex
50 minutes 12 seconds ago
Pre-assembled struts
by 95busa
Today at 01:24 PM
Mobil 1 5w30 for 2012 golf tdi ok? ....
by radoroc
Today at 12:43 PM
Ever had suspension fasteners come loose?
by Klutch9
Today at 12:15 PM
Hankook RW11 I-Pike
by supton
Today at 12:08 PM
filters with o rings vs flat gaskets
by edwardh1
Today at 11:45 AM
new Ecoboost mustang a hit with the aftermarket?
by donnyj08
Today at 11:43 AM
Newest Members
alx, monksblood, johnalla0, BackyardSlick, radoroc
51948 Registered Users
Who's Online
108 registered (1 FMF, 01rangerxl, 95busa, 68srvivr, 3800Series, 05LGTLtd, 9 invisible), 1858 Guests and 148 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51948 Members
64 Forums
222383 Topics
3519373 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: new Ecoboost mustang a hit with the aftermarket? by mcrn @ 1 minute 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: donnyj08Originally Posted By: wemayhttp://www.ford.com/cars/mustang I can't wait to hear the new flat plane V8 wail. Maybe they will create an ecoboost 5.0l for a future GT500 car. That would be amazing Sound starts at abou
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Coolant and Oil Filter For A 2005 BMW Z4 by afoulk @ 3 minutes 22 seconds ago

My wifes friend has a 2005 BMW Z4 and asked me what she needed to add to the radiator since her low coolant light comes on first thing in the morning. She said it goes out soon after driving, so I told her there is probably a slow leak that needs fix
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: API Base oil interchange guidelines by used_0il @ 4 minutes 10 seconds ago

If I apply the information in this topic to engine oils, would it be reasonable to assume that mixing brands even in the same class, (for example HDMO CJ-4/SM) is acceptable, but not the best practice?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: New Ford F150 by KrisZ @ 4 minutes 14 seconds ago

The only issue a see, especially since it's on a truck that will see rough terrain and construction sites, is that the plastic pan will crack instead of bend, when it hits something.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: PF63 cut open, off 2011 Traverse, coolant leak??? by 95busa @ 5 minutes 57 seconds ago

Something is going south quickly
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Opti2 two stroke oil? by Srt20 @ 7 minutes 34 seconds ago

More oil seals the rings better. 18.1 is generally the hp peak. Anything more or less looses hp. Not that it's a bunch of hp loss, unless you are at something silly like 6.1. I doubt your cylinder was scored from carbon. At least not deep enough to
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: B&S 7.75HP Snowblower Engine Seized by JTK @ 7 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ronboOriginally Posted By: DonaldDoes the model begin with 917 (Husqvarna) or 247 (MTD). I would be inclined to spend more $$ for a new engine (if needed) for a Husqvarna than MTD. 26 inch Craftsman model 536.887750 engine
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Synthetic Atf by MolaKule @ 8 minutes 7 seconds ago

According to this, http://www.automaticchoice.com/uploads/producten/pdfs/Catalogue/tf8.pdf the tranny has an oil pump connected to the input shaft, asssuming I am seeing this correctly.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Bought the stuff for a Volvo OC by eljefino @ 8 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bepperbPut a board in front of the ramps. I used to use a 2 x 10 or something, about three feet long. Yeah this. You won't slip the ramps under with a jack because the wheels will sag an extra 3-4 inches under unloaded suspe
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts PF63 cut open, off 2011 Traverse, coolant leak??? by Rat407 @ 9 minutes 38 seconds ago

I just changed the oil on a friends 2011 Chevy Traverse and the oil looked OK when I drained it but when I pulled the fill cap off, this is what I found. This is also the filter off it with 7k miles on the filter and AMSOIL OE 5w-30 oil. The OLM was
Jump to new posts Re: Pre-assembled struts by 95busa @ 10 minutes 26 seconds ago

Not really a rust issue. I am unable to find a Monroe quik-strut for an 09 Grand Caravan, or they would be my first choice. I put monroe shocks on the back.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Cars.com $27K mid-size sedan comparo. Camry Last. by 01rangerxl @ 12 minutes 9 seconds ago

I would guess a lot of their categories are kind of splitting hairs with these cars. I did find it amusing though that the Altima ranked so low in the handling and acceleration categories, given all of their "Altima = race car" commercia
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Care car product storage by Klutch9 @ 12 minutes 42 seconds ago

I would bring them inside. Last winter, I left a gallon of car wash soap in outside storage all winter long. Come springtime, there was some serious separation going on inside the bottle. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get everything to mix
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought Nokian Hakka R2's!! by Quattro Pete @ 13 minutes 14 seconds ago

They're made in Russia, but the duty would have already been paid by DTD when they imported them into the US, no?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: filters with o rings vs flat gaskets by Bottom_Feeder @ 13 minutes 22 seconds ago

It's just two different ways to achieve the same thing. O-ring gaskets are thinner but put more pressure on what's touching the block, preventing leaks. Flat gaskets have a wider sealing area which prevents leaks. Both work.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Care car product storage by Propflux01 @ 14 minutes 14 seconds ago

I keep mine inside in my laundry room during the coldest months. They get kinda thick if I don't
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Narrower Toilet Paper. by zzyzzx @ 16 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TurkOriginally Posted By: NHGUYWonder if they are going to sell a really narrow roll to fill in the gap. I saw plastic spacers to take up the gap at my last job... Got a link to this? I can't seem to find them online.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Care car product storage by butcherman @ 17 minutes 8 seconds ago

Would it be a good idea to store detailing products in the house during winter? I usually have them sitting on a shelf in the garage, which isn't heated. Will freezing temperatures affect the performance of wax, detail spray, etc...? Thanks
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought Nokian Hakka R2's!! by IndyIan @ 17 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rolla07Tires still appear to be 91$ each in 195 65 15... no stock anywhere remaining.. but I am sure you can still order them.. Are they made in N. America? If not, how did they not nail you for duty? Or are you picking them
Jump to new posts Re: Bought the stuff for a Volvo OC by dlundblad @ 17 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DonaldI doubt a dealer did not bother to change the filter. Its possible they overlooked it but even that would be hard to believe. I would go 5K on PP. Its worth checking the brakes. Could be something like a sticking cal
Jump to new posts Re: Pre-assembled struts by zzyzzx @ 17 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bgallagheryou might consider replacing just the strut. If they live someplace where cars rust, you really want the whole assembly!
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening to our wedge when... by aa1986 @ 18 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HokiefydOriginally Posted By: ShannowSo at start-up, provided the oil can flow and not starve the oil pump, these parts will be as far apart as they can be, and wear will be low. During warm-up, the viscosity drops very very qu
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 5w30 for 2012 golf tdi ok? .... by radoroc @ 18 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A_HarmanI was thinking that M1 0w40 would be a good choice because it is readily available, has an HTHS of 3.8, and a TBN of 11.8. The only possible drawback to it that I see is its API diesel rating is only CF. I don't know i
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline to Mobile 1- Truck Runs better? by lawnsbymike @ 18 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: used_0ilWhich oil companies "sell" oil change intervals, as opposed to following the manufacture's recommendations? For example if I switch from regular Pennzoil to the new and improved Pure Plus, apply popular opinio
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: API Base oil interchange guidelines by Solarent @ 18 minutes 47 seconds ago

Yes. This is why most marketers use a well planned out base oil slate when first certifying products, sometimes even planning for backups and substitutions to avoid having to redo testing. The BOI guidelines are especially helpful when setting up th
Page 1 of 243 1 2 3 ... 242 243 >