by Rick in PA
07/07/15 04:41 AM
A Funny Memory - Old Friend's Auto Tranny
by Triton_330
07/07/15 03:51 AM
Buick Century bad fuel pump?
by 901Memphis
07/07/15 02:14 AM
P4 and Syn power or PYB and VWB question.
by JHogan
07/06/15 11:22 PM
Check Engine Light P0700 Chevy Cobalt 2010
by Dimitri
07/06/15 11:14 PM
Unused Fram Ultra XG7317 cut open A50053 date code
by slacktide_bitog
07/06/15 11:12 PM
5w30 In Honda V-Tech Engines From Dealer
by crazyoildude
07/06/15 10:48 PM
Lisle Coolant Funnel Kit
by user52165
07/06/15 10:22 PM
New Horizons
by simple_gifts
07/06/15 09:53 PM
Jeep Cherokee Love?
by Ramblejam
07/06/15 09:48 PM
5000 miles or 6 month is typical oil change now ?
by MetalSlug
07/06/15 09:46 PM
Newest Members
7124, MrMaz, mb32, laenikov, Tabnorup1976
54610 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (Al, 2010Civic, alarmguy, ActionJoe, B20z, 11 invisible), 819 Guests and 110 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54610 Members
66 Forums
233930 Topics
3758094 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: I thought R-12 was some kind of secret chemical by Shannow @ 1 minute 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: Rick in PAPerhaps that is why small dogs are usually hyperactive, they must stir the air, mixing it, in order not to suffocate. It would also explain why small dogs jump on your lap, they are getting out of the CO2 zone, for a
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 In Honda V-Tech Engines From Dealer by Trav @ 5 minutes 13 seconds ago

I never put xw20 in any Honda over the last 10 years, i use spec 5w30 or 0w40 and it works great, no consumption issues, power is the same and no noticeable loss of fuel economy. 5w20 in some have a lot of mechanical noise but on 5w30 or 0w40 they a
Jump to new posts Re: 5000 miles or 6 month is typical oil change now ? by Kira @ 10 minutes 34 seconds ago

Turbo owners who live in fear of sludge-particularly sludge from a PO-swear by 5,000 mi. OCIs. Kira
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel Kit by ronbo @ 12 minutes 2 seconds ago

Got one and don't spill a drop of anti freeze using it on my Toyota's
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Century bad fuel pump? by TFB1 @ 12 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TravStart by unplugging the MAF sensor and see if it starts, if it does and runs reasonable well that probably the problem. Get or rent a fuel pressure tester, connect it to the schrader valve on the fuel rail, the pressure shou
Jump to new posts Re: I thought R-12 was some kind of secret chemical by demarpaint @ 12 minutes 50 seconds ago

I have close to 25 lbs on it. I have the license and bought it years ago so I wouldn't have to convert my older vehicles, now 1 vehicle to 134A. It works waaaaaay better than a 134A conversion.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Will installing an oil cooler gain power? by alarmguy @ 16 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Avery4A friend of mine said that he installed an oil cooler and the car felt more responsive to throttle. Does that make sense to you? It does not to me. Will installing an oil cooler actually help gain power? NO
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep Cherokee Love? by Kira @ 16 minutes 35 seconds ago

OP said, "Tiny doors limit access, with rear doors even worse". People were smaller back then. Seriously, it was just its size. Trying to get into a Honda Pilot was difficult too. Probably lotsa others. Kira
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Century bad fuel pump? by Trav @ 17 minutes 27 seconds ago

Start by unplugging the MAF sensor and see if it starts, if it does and runs reasonable well that probably the problem. Get or rent a fuel pressure tester, connect it to the schrader valve on the fuel rail, the pressure should be 52-59 psi KOEO. Che
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep Cherokee Love? by caravanmike @ 28 minutes 15 seconds ago

i thought 95% of them had the corporate 8.25 in the rear? excellent rear axle! at least the 99 i owned for 10 years did. one of the most reliable vehicles i owned.
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 Quaker State defy now API SN too! by Bigdaddyeasy @ 31 minutes 29 seconds ago

If you need it for leaking seals, lower zddp and p will not effect that at all. Seal swell will still do its job. I guess if you believe you need higher zddp, the good news for you is that there are still higher Zink choices available. I doubt its
Jump to new posts Re: 5000 miles or 6 month is typical oil change now ? by Jimzz @ 32 minutes 4 seconds ago

I usually do 5000miles or once a year on regular oil. I think all of fords 5w20 is a semi-syn, maybe that's why they say its ok for 10k? I would not do 10k on a turbo motor with a semi-syn but that's just me.
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Century bad fuel pump? by demarpaint @ 34 minutes 32 seconds ago

Check for spark, if you have spark try banging on the gas tank with a rubber mallet and see if it starts. You can also disconnect the fuel line from the rail and check, but I found kicking the fuel tank or banging it with a rubber mallet got the car
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: $71,000 for a Pickup Truck !? by SteveSRT8 @ 35 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jrmasonI for one have no issue with anything anybody buys. It's your business after all. Seems like an awful lot of people here that are either jealous or have so much time on their hands they feel the need to stereotype people
Jump to new posts Re: I thought R-12 was some kind of secret chemical by Rick in PA @ 38 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowYou just gave me the funniest mental vision of all the chihuahuas in the world suffocating due to the layer of CO2 sitting on the ground... Perhaps that is why small dogs are usually hyperactive, they must stir the air,
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep Cherokee Love? by Kuato @ 39 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: RamblejamOriginally Posted By: Miller88Mechanically, you're not going to wear out one of those. Originally Posted By: JarlaxleNo big deal...mileage on those really doesn't mean much. When I see comments like these, I have to a
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: lightweight wheels by CapriRacer @ 41 minutes 29 seconds ago

First, OE wheels tend to be heavier than replacement market wheels. That's because OE wheels have to pass a whole battery of tests each OEM requires. - AND - Each replacement market wheel will have the weight as part of the specs. So If you d
Jump to new posts Re: 98 Caravan AWD.....low voltage only at idle by dx92beater @ 43 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefinoIf you want you can temporarily wire up a voltage regulator for a dodge dart, just get a solid state one for a 1973 vintage. There are instructions online. Problem is you might get a CEL for computer not being in contr
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Lawn Mower Oil Filter Prices - WTB Cheap by sayjac @ 44 minutes 23 seconds ago

The link below should help with your search. I've found personally and read that using the automotive application of the OPE filter is much less expensive and depending on filter chosen may have better features like silicone adbv. In my case for Kohl
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech 5w-30 question by Bigdaddyeasy @ 46 minutes 48 seconds ago

Pqia has a new recent voa of supertech 5w30. Its the delfin variety and it looks just fine. Meets current sn islac 5 standards. No problem going 5k They also have a voa of the exxon version from like 2013 which looked fine too.
Jump to new posts Re: I thought R-12 was some kind of secret chemical by Shannow @ 48 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwerOriginally Posted By: Vern_in_ILR-12 from our refrigerators and air conditioners never rises high enough to destroy atmospheric ozone. R-12 sinks; it doesn’t rise. Even convection currents would not carry enough man-ma
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2015 British Grand Prix by Garak @ 54 minutes 20 seconds ago

I guess it would be the BBC feed that we get, then, weasley. I remember Eddie Jordan a couple years ago taking a crowd to task at interview time for booing Sebastian Vettel after a race win.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan S-Matic or generic ATF? by Bigdaddyeasy @ 58 minutes 21 seconds ago

I also advise to go for the maxlife save some money. Maxlife is not generic =). Its a good quality lube at a great price and just happens to be suitable for your spec.
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 Quaker State defy now API SN too! by Garak @ 58 minutes 56 seconds ago

That still doesn't address my question about the Starburst increasing sales. Some of us who've had the most luck with HM oils have done so when they weren't ILSAC certified. Now, Defy is simply interchangeable with QSGB, but costing more.
Jump to new posts Re: I thought R-12 was some kind of secret chemical by Jarlaxle @ Today at 05:24 AM

I have never seen a car that could not be retrofitted with R-134a.
Page 1 of 257 1 2 3 ... 256 257 >