Recent Topics
40k mile OCI pics
by pitzel
05/03/15 11:40 PM
20 gal/year
by meborder
05/03/15 11:24 PM
Anyone conceal carry a large frame revolver?
by Blaze
05/03/15 11:15 PM
Cheap insurance
by AlienBug
05/03/15 09:47 PM
Best Dry Lube?
by Merkava_4
05/03/15 09:08 PM
Honda Civic 91 Hatchback Si-RPM
by Gito
05/03/15 08:49 PM
Shocks for older 4WD...Pro Comp vs. Rancho
by 01rangerxl
05/03/15 08:42 PM
five Hyundai/Kia oil filters, gaskets for sale
by NormanBuntz
05/03/15 08:25 PM
ATF in power steering system question
by Johnny248
05/03/15 08:20 PM
Sand bathroom oak floor.
by Plumber
05/03/15 08:13 PM
Estate Auction-2 blowers, 1 toolbox with tools
by Pop_Rivit
05/03/15 07:35 PM
nearly 21,000 miles on OEM filter
by friendly_jacek
05/03/15 07:11 PM
Newest Members
Lafoote, mdtaylor86, v70courier, raw, Stillasleep239
53837 Registered Users
Who's Online
66 registered (2002_tdinut, asiancivicmaniac, A310, asharpshooter, 87sammy, AEHaas, 4 invisible), 995 Guests and 204 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53837 Members
66 Forums
230747 Topics
3694809 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap insurance by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: AlienBugMy 2007 Ford Fusion recommends 7,500 mile OCIs. There's no way I could go that far without changing the oil - not with how dirty it gets. If you can, you got more nerve than I do.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: post your latest differential fluid change by asiancivicmaniac @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

2006 Mazda MX-5 w/ 107xxx miles Out: factory fill? In: Super Tech 75W-90 (it was the only brand WM carried) Might do a few drain and fills and put something full syn in.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: House Numbers on (Rural) Mail Box by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitOriginally Posted By: JHZR2 They did at our mountain house. Now everybody has an ugly green number at the end of the driveway... What's ugly about it? It's just a small sign with reflective numbers on it? Are you
Jump to new posts Re: 20 gal/year by slowdime @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Between my car and my girlfriend's car I'd estimate 15qts for the cavalier (4.5qt sump but I use a larger filter and use an even 5) and 16 qts for the Mazda and it's 4qt sump. She's dead set on dino only and beats on the car with lots of city short t
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Ariens push lawnmower blue smoke by bubbatime @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Its a reed valve or breather. Man you have just found out why those engines are literally the absolute worst pile of junk lawn mower engines sold in the last 20 years. They are junk, junk, junk. Have I said I hate these Chinese Kohler engines?
Jump to new posts Re: 40k mile OCI pics by pitzel @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

I'd say 1L every 10k roughly. I bought a box of 16L XD-3 0W-30 in 2004, did 2 oil changes (~4L each), so 8L of make-up oil for the 2 ~40k intervals. Nearly all of the loss was due to leakage, not due to consumption. As my driveway can attest. O
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: front brake pads by MNgopher @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

I prefer to use the type pad the OEM specified - Semi-metallic pads where thats what came from the factory, and ceramics where that is what came from the factory. As far as dust goes, if that is the concern, look for pads with a reputation for not h
Jump to new posts Re: 40k mile OCI pics by bubbatime @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: pitzel But let this be a lesson that there's nothing wrong with 40k mile oil changes in engines for which it is appropriate. How much make up oil? If it burned a quart every 2K miles than you added 20 quarts of oil which repl
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Shocks for older 4WD...Pro Comp vs. Rancho by MNgopher @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Recall a lot of comments about the 5000's being too stiff on the Cherokee's for on road use. I used the Monroe Reflex shocks in my Cherokee and found them to be very firm. I used the Monroe Reflex shocks in my F150's, and they've been good in tha
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap insurance by Clevy @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

How many men and women have died in these armed conflicts over oil in the Middle East? For oil. Yep. Sure is cheap insurance. Keep sends nag your youth to die so oil can be "cheap" to the consumer. I guess the big picture is too m
Jump to new posts 40k mile OCI pics by pitzel @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

As promised a few times, I finally removed my oil pan to take pictures of what it looks like inside after a 40k mi/6.5 year OCI with Esso XD-3 0W-30 Full Synthetic. Details: GM LH0 Engine (3.1L V6) manufactured 1992 Received diet of either dealer o
Jump to new posts Re: post your latest transmission lubricant change. by Colt45ws @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dailydriver^^^Does any aftermarket company do COMPLETE T56 Magnum/TR6060 conversions for the TBSSes?? ^^^Yeah, If I was changing whole transmissions as much as an anal BITOG'er changes ATF, I would for sure be looking for a
Jump to new posts Re: 1995 cutlass supreme rough idle by bigdom @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Replaced fuel pump and filter, the car runs better especially down low at idle. But if I'm up around 3 to 4 000 rpm it feels like it's struggling, almost like it can't find the right fuel map? Any suggestions?
Jump to new posts Re: 84 Camry dlx model hatchback by hardyrxp @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

My ?'s to you guys are as follows: If the car is jerking/shifting hard-rough from 2nd to 1st and spitting out some of the tranny fluid some how then why/how could changing the fluid help? I mean if its going bad then it will fail soon with old or bra
Originally Posted By: KuatoOriginally Posted By: TravThere is no such thing as a flush! ... Transmission flush machine? No such animal, its a fluid exchange machine nothing more. Some comanies call them flush machines but its only advertizing sp
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap insurance by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

It's one of the most pricey things(along with a house) that you are going to buy-I fail to see why a few extra bucks are going to be a big deal.... I still run a full synthetic and good filter in a 12 year old car worth like 2 grand for 5-6k...becau
Jump to new posts Re: post your latest differential fluid change by The Critic @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

2008 BMW 528i - 195k Out: Factory Fill In: Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 and a new drain/fill plug. i sucked out the old fluid since the unit did not have a drain plug. I was able to add just over 1 part of new fluid.
Jump to new posts Re: 84 Camry dlx model hatchback by hardyrxp @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

The car has 97k original miles on it. I drive it everywhere so city and highway. Last transmission flush was 70k. I bought the car from 1 owner original miles on it at 60k. So you can see why I want to keep and fix the car. Little to no rust just
Jump to new posts Re: post your latest transmission lubricant change. by The Critic @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

2007 Accord - 96k Out: unknown, probably factory fill judging from the level and condition. In: Three drain and refills using Havoline Synthetic Multi-Vehicle. It took 3 quarts each time. I will do one final drain and refill in 5k. At that time I w
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone conceal carry a large frame revolver? by Kool1 @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

I used to carry a 6" Colt Python in a shoulder holster. It was bulky and something I never got accustomed to. The gun was just to heavy and large to keep concealed. Eventually I sold the Python and started carrying a Sig P228 and never look
Jump to new posts Re: 84 Camry dlx model hatchback by hardyrxp @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Okay I will try to answer some of your ?'s now
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bypass wizards check in, Cat 1R-0749 by A310 @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: IhatetochangeoilYou can weld and drill anything you wish; but the problem may have already been addressed. Ebay has adjustable metering jets that are used commonly on Turbo setups. Perhaps your desired jet size is simply a bolt-
Jump to new posts Re: 84 Camry dlx model hatchback by hardyrxp @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Where is this downtown freight depot located? City and address please?
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Civic 91 Hatchback Si-RPM by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Mine was a shorted wire in the back of the gauge cluster. (93 civic) but I would just retrace what you did and see if something got punched off.
Jump to new posts 20 gal/year by meborder @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

I just loaded up all of my recycle oil to get rid of it and realized that since i moved 25 miles from town (for the last 10 years or so) i have been taking in about 20 gallons of used oil every year to be recycled. to be honest, i was at 20 gallons
Page 1 of 273 1 2 3 ... 272 273 >