Recent Topics
Castrol Edge black bottle
by pbm
08/28/15 07:49 AM
'03 E350 what additional work w/engine pulled?
by CaptainFreon
08/28/15 07:49 AM
10 Camry AMSOIL OE 0w-20, 11,000 miles
by Rat407
08/28/15 07:39 AM
2012 Sonata oil recommendation.
by fscarano
08/28/15 07:28 AM
AC Pressure
by Falcon_LS
08/28/15 07:09 AM
Anyone brush paint suspension parts?
by demarpaint
08/28/15 07:00 AM
"petrol injector cleaner" in a bottle
by 268i
08/28/15 05:39 AM
Double-Wishbone Suspension and Damper/Shocks R/R
by The Critic
08/28/15 04:23 AM
Camber Gauges
by The Critic
08/28/15 03:24 AM
Oils With High Sodium Add Pack ?
by ChrisD46
08/28/15 03:07 AM
Timing Cover Oil Leak
by The Critic
08/28/15 02:54 AM
What fram ultra for 2005 ford expedition 5.4 trito
by waltywalt
08/27/15 11:18 PM
Newest Members
Ozchemist, Imad, LockportHenry, guitahero, o3a
55170 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (2009Edge, -SyN-, Astro14, 901Memphis, AlienBug, AMC, 4 invisible), 1182 Guests and 149 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55170 Members
66 Forums
236591 Topics
3811819 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Isn't it why it is called damper instead of strut? If you change shocks on a rear on atypical family car, you do not have to align it. Think of Honda dampers as rich man's shocks :-)
Jump to new posts Re: Timing Cover Oil Leak by toneydoc @ 22 seconds ago

That is inconsequential. I would live with that leak all day long. If you want to see some leaks, come look at my 21 year old Jeep. It does some dripping, seeping, and the drips are always present. I just check the oil and keep her in the range
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 1.8 Toyota reliability(2016 Corolla) by KrisZ @ 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlaymanThe CVT that the many of the models have is probably the limiting factor on ultimate longevity. Its sealed and has "lifetime fluid". A couple, but not many, failures have been reported in Corolla forums. No e
Jump to new posts Re: Red Light And Speed Camera Tickets......... by Benzadmiral @ 1 minute 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bill_GOriginally Posted By: gathermewoolOriginally Posted By: BenzadmiralIf we still had real Americans, the kind who objected strenuously to stamp and tea taxes, all the red light cameras would have had their lenses sprayed wit
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ashley Madison hacked data is released online by Miller88 @ 2 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver Maybe this song fits in this thread,,lol I miss Jerry Reed This may be appropriate too.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Sonata oil recommendation. by donnyj08 @ 3 minutes 2 seconds ago

Valvoline conventional is one of the best conventionals IMO. Do you have the 2.4L GDI or the 2.0 Turbo? If you have the Turbo engine I would run Valvoline Synpower
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing different oils by DWC28 @ 3 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Joe90_guyI don't know how many samples of oil I've blended up in my time but I would guess it's in the tens of thousands. I have never, ever, ever come across an example where a commercial oil will be incompatible another commer
Jump to new posts Castrol Edge black bottle by pbm @ 4 minutes 25 seconds ago

While at Walmart yesterday I noticed that they had no Magnatec 0w20 but they did have black Edge 0w20. They had some that mentioned 'Titanium' and some that didn't. All was SN rated so I assume the 'Titanium' version is newer stock. Is this just mark
Jump to new posts '03 E350 what additional work w/engine pulled? by CaptainFreon @ 5 minutes 0 seconds ago

There are 290K miles on the van. The engine will be pulled to replace the engine mounts and oil pan. I'm having the plugs replaced, belt and a coil. Is there anything that you would recommend? Rear engine seal? Transmission seal? This job is $17
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 10 Camry AMSOIL OE 0w-20, 11,000 miles by donnyj08 @ 6 minutes 3 seconds ago

Wear metals are low, OE continues to impress me in real world use. Definitely a well blended and capable oil. It seems to be a great seller for Amsoil, and rightfully so IMO.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Ram 1500 gas recommendations (Owners Manual) by -SyN- @ 7 minutes 0 seconds ago

Since New--> Only 89! But who really knows if 89 is actually being pumped into my tank! 17.8 mpg (city) 22-23 mpg (interstate) 70-75 mph.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Affinia filters bought by Mann-Hummel by sayjac @ 7 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HootbroLooks like I will be paying the extra money and just switch over to Baldwin filters. Not big deal for some, but Baldwin not available with silicone adbv. And as you note not as readily available. Similar to Wix/NG also
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ashley Madison hacked data is released online by Miller88 @ 8 minutes 30 seconds ago

So apparently this was all bots? Or a large portion of bots? That's even better! People were trying to cheat and "cheated" with bots ... and lost their stuff. Originally Posted By: javacontourDepends on how you define liberal. I'd be c
Jump to new posts Re: Double-Wishbone Suspension and Damper/Shocks R/R by brandini @ 9 minutes 49 seconds ago

If you didn't measure ride height before and after to verify, I'd at least have it checked.
Jump to new posts Re: Turning off AC before engine shutoff? by KrisZ @ 10 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LubenerOriginally Posted By: LolvoguyI shut mine off a few minutes before shutting the car off to dry ou the evaporator. If not, you might end up with that "moldy" smell the next time you start the a/c system. seems
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Hyundai Elantra (production pics 'leaked') by Miller88 @ 11 minutes 16 seconds ago

I don't think it looks much different than the current model. Not that it is a bad thing.
Jump to new posts Re: Timing Cover Oil Leak by dlayman @ 11 minutes 43 seconds ago

I would have to have a pretty substantial leak before I'd shell out $2000 for a repair. Even the link you posted, that is a VERY minor leak. Does the leak even hurt anything, or is it just the principle of it that would cause you to fix it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: World Economic Collapse is imminent by Astro14 @ 12 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ClevyYep. The elite are cashing out at the expense of the common man. So, when the market goes down, the elite are cashing out at the expense of the common man? It follows then, that when the market goes up, as it has done
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Dirty rifles by bsmithwins @ 12 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RandNeeds better editing. 36min was boring Could have sped up parts etc.. got that down to 10min It could have been edited more, but then people start talking about 'sabotage' and 'editing tricks' when their favorite doesn't
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone brush paint suspension parts? by Lapham3 @ 12 minutes 44 seconds ago

I generally prefer to spray-sometimes using some masking tape or aluminum foil.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Reporter/cameraman killed by Miller88 @ 12 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: bammer5609I live in a country where I do not fear walking the streets, going to the mall, to a movie, to a food court, driving my car, going to church, work, and sleeping at night in my home. I do
Jump to new posts Re: turn off or leave running? by virginoil @ 13 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: MrsandmanId like opinions or better yet facts about weather its best to leave my motor running during short stints between destinations. Like running inside a gas station to buy a soda pop or pulling over to take a call etc. Iv
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What fram ultra for 2005 ford expedition 5.4 trito by RF Overlord @ 13 minutes 28 seconds ago

XG8A has the wrong threads...
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts 10 Camry AMSOIL OE 0w-20, 11,000 miles by Rat407 @ 14 minutes 39 seconds ago

The oil filter was an AMSOIL EAO15k02, oil is OE 0w-20 ran for 11k miles. Previous oil fills are all OE 0w-20. I got lazy and just posted a picture this time. This is in a 2010 Camry that a good friend owns and runs her grand kids all over the plac
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel System Cleaning 30000 Miles by Miller88 @ 14 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: philipp10Originally Posted By: Miller88Just bought some Techron for the Jeep - it's on sale for $5 at Walmart. Bought 2 bottles. I never use top tier gas. It's just not convenient for me. The most convenient for me is Sam's cl
Page 1 of 287 1 2 3 ... 286 287 >