by faramir9
09/02/14 11:13 AM
2011 Ram 1500 Differential and Transfer Case
by JasonK94Z
09/02/14 10:17 AM
Napa Gold
by Lubener
09/02/14 10:16 AM
Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise?
by jbl_91762
09/02/14 09:20 AM
Linux Mint - Grub rescue - Unmounted partition?
by 99Saturn
09/02/14 08:59 AM
Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud...
by mrsilv04
09/02/14 08:53 AM
Help pick a winner
by Camprunner
09/02/14 08:24 AM
Economic high detergency oil
by buck91
09/02/14 08:17 AM
Ordered test kit from Blackstone
by Swift101
09/02/14 08:16 AM
ThinkWise
by stockrex
09/02/14 07:10 AM
Newest Members
SparkSVT, grumpyoldman, jbl_91762, PapasGuy, fanie
51170 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (01rangerxl, aquariuscsm, ARCOgraphite, 6starprez, AandPDan, 8 invisible), 1862 Guests and 220 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51170 Members
64 Forums
218672 Topics
3448173 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5k OCI on Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo by wemay @ 2 seconds ago

I wouldn't go over... It probably wouldnt cause any harm, just once. But i wouldnt go over the oci limit anyway.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by faramir9 @ 2 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8Made in USA http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/cooper/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=27609&tmn=Weather-Master+S%2FT+2&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance Thanks. I saw that. It's $54 more for a tire that i
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by NMBurb02 @ 3 minutes 26 seconds ago

Looks like a good amount of tire manufacturing is moving back to North America: http://www.rubbernews.com/article/201404...p-billions-into However, in regards to low cost US-made tires, you can't have your cake and eat it too, as the article states:
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception? by Hokiefyd @ 3 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Drew99GTOver 90% of actively managed funds can not beat the SP500 and those that do only do it for a short period of time. It's so easy to beat most other investors out there, isn't it? If you simply own the market, you beat
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud... by zzyzzx @ 4 minutes 15 seconds ago

Obligatory:
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by faramir9 @ 5 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: redhatI really prefer to purchase US/Canada tires. Besides the home pride, I have this idea in my head that the quality is always going to be better. That said, I also purchased a set of General Altimax Arctics in 215/60/16
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception? by Hokiefyd @ 5 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Astro14For ETFs and other index funds, the only place your eyes need go is to the expense ratio. Bingo. Once you pick the market niche or asset allocation that you're looking for in a fund, your preference among the different
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by eljefino @ 7 minutes 16 seconds ago

The Germans make good stuff. I'd get those before the deal dries up.
Jump to new posts 5k OCI on Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo by syn_all_the_way @ 8 minutes 1 second ago

Am I asking for trouble with 1250 more miles than the recommended OCI? I'm currently using PP 5w-30 with a Hyundai OEM oil filter. I get on it every once in a while, but mostly I just do a mild 25 mile commute to work and back.
Jump to new posts Re: Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise? by dparm @ 8 minutes 2 seconds ago

Back to OP's original question: I don't think T6 is necessary in that car. Stick with a synthetic 5w30 and you will be fine. The VQ motors are not picky with their oil.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by rjundi @ 9 minutes 30 seconds ago

I purchased (unknowingly) my first Made in Russia product. Nokian WR G2 SUV tires. They used to be all made in Finland but close enough anyway..... Winter tires are likely sold in greater #'s in other markets than USA. We don't mandate them and also
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why the auto repair industry gets a bad rep by 01rangerxl @ 10 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KrisZbut looking at the general driving public, we are the reason for this state of affairs That really sums it up. Shops operate the way they do because, believe it or not, it's what the average customer seems to want. Peo
Jump to new posts Re: Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise? by Bandito440 @ 10 minutes 53 seconds ago

I like the idea of using one oil across the fleet. T6 will do no harm. You may lose an immeasurable amount of fuel economy compared to 10w-30, but who cares? T6 is a fine oil for diesel, gasoline, and OPE engines alike. It'll make your maintenance ea
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by Hokiefyd @ 11 minutes 14 seconds ago

I like any tire made in a first world country. The Michelins on our Acura (Primacy MXV4 in P235/65R17) were made in the United States and the Michelins on our Honda (Latitude Tour in 225/65R17) were made in la patrie (France). I have an affinity fo
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by jjjxlr8 @ 11 minutes 31 seconds ago

Made in USA http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/cooper/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=27609&tmn=Weather-Master+S%2FT+2&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Silverado 1500 4wd ATF and diff fluids by JeremyInMT @ 11 minutes 50 seconds ago

How much of the lubes do I need? I suppose I can look this up easily, but this is a good conversation.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by BMWTurboDzl @ 12 minutes 48 seconds ago

The US is fairly temperate, and major cities plow fairly quickly. This makes the market very small for snow tires. Conversely EU countries are located at higher latitudes and some have regulations that require snow tires during X months.
Jump to new posts Re: Liqui Moly, Motul oil question by ARCOgraphite @ 13 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LexAtlantaThanks for the input. I am leaning towards the Liqui Moly. It does seem like a really good product, especially when you add in the MoS2. Amazon sells the oil for ~$44.00 for 5 liters with free shipping. Nothing is
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by IndyIan @ 13 minutes 25 seconds ago

Tire rack kind of lets you shop for tires by COO, but it does vary by the size of the tire even in the same model. Last year the only winter tire made in N. America at tire rack in 185/65R15, was a goodyear, and the larger sizes of the same model wer
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by redhat @ 14 minutes 38 seconds ago

I really prefer to purchase US/Canada tires. Besides the home pride, I have this idea in my head that the quality is always going to be better. That said, I also purchased a set of General Altimax Arctics in 215/60/16 made in Germany. I think th
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: '08 BMW 328xi, BMW 5W30, 10.5k OCI, 57k vehicle by Quattro Pete @ 14 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2004tdiglspersonally I never could understand these long drain intervals, interesting reading here. Their engines are full of sludge and varnish using the 10k to 15k oci 10K miles is easily doable in these engines with the cor
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 1 yr, 3 yr, 5yr or since inception? by Drew99GT @ 16 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Astro14For ETFs and other index funds, the only place your eyes need go is to the expense ratio. For actively managed, you should look at the period of performance of the current management team... Agreed. ETF or mutual fund
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow tire/made in USA rant by Trav @ 17 minutes 39 seconds ago

Thanks for supporting your own country and neighbors.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud... by lugNutz @ 19 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: L_SludgerOriginally Posted By: lugNutzOriginally Posted By: L_Sludgeralthough it would be a lot less titillating than the 200mb zip file loaded with the personal pictures and videos of Kate Upton that went around this time. Yowz
Jump to new posts Re: Switching from Mobil 1 to Rotella T6 wise? by wsar10 @ 22 minutes 12 seconds ago

I would go with the HDEO, I read above and elsewhere that some Nissan engines are hard on oil..... that point and the CA heat I would go with the T6, Iron levels with M1 is of constant debate around here but I will add that that was a weighing facto
Page 1 of 254 1 2 3 ... 253 254 >