Recent Topics
Heard of Hemi Tick- is there "Hemi Shudder"?
by JennyHemi
16 minutes 38 seconds ago
Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8
by FutureDoc
56 minutes 42 seconds ago
Tire Sizing Help
by coopns
Today at 10:23 AM
Update on AFE 0W20
by SubieMovie
Today at 10:17 AM
6th Gen Camaro SS LT1 Dexos2 Oil for Track
by thescreensavers
Today at 09:42 AM
MK7 GTI
by thr_wedge
Today at 08:41 AM
Real Motorcycle Dealers vs. "Power Sports" Dealers
by LoneRanger
Today at 07:50 AM
Our Sony 5 disk changer DVD player
by Oldmoparguy1
Today at 07:41 AM
JASO vs. Auto Oil for non-wet clutch Powersports
by coachvonyo
Today at 07:31 AM
Why Does Some Oil in Engine Smell "Worse"?
by Miller88
Today at 07:28 AM
Kevlar covered v-belt question.
by mrsilv04
Today at 07:06 AM
1991 yamaha xt600 NY registration questions.
by joegreen
Today at 06:18 AM
Newest Members
myfarmertan, coachvonyo, ionix, Amtecol, DRAX392
57779 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (aquariuscsm, 69GTX, another Todd, ARCOgraphite, Al, 13 invisible), 1817 Guests and 318 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57779 Members
66 Forums
248404 Topics
4062019 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by MCompact @ 3 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonI think you've lost your mind. Kid duty on a 2 door? Sure, when you have to. Otherwise... Yes I understand, your money, your decision. But I'm firmly in the "lost your mind" camp, and if I was a betting man,
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: MK7 GTI by Quattro Pete @ 5 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: thr_wedgeYeah, auto was a heavy requirement for me, I sold my last manual 5 years ago for any sort of DD use. The VW DSG and the ZF8 speed are both solid replacements. I still like driving a manual, but with my commute...no th
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Update on AFE 0W20 by buster @ 6 minutes 35 seconds ago

You really need to stick with "a" brand for more than one interval to get anything meaningful out of it.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Magnatec @ Walmart by BigD1 @ 8 minutes 55 seconds ago

It's on rollback at Walmart in store price and online price for $17.88 in the 5W-20 and 5W-30 flavors. Thought my local was getting rid of the 5W-30, but they had a couple rows of it on the shelves.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by Quattro Pete @ 10 minutes 26 seconds ago

How old is the child?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by Wolf359 @ 11 minutes 25 seconds ago

Yep, you've lost your mind. Coupes are for single people or couples. It's 4 door sedan or minivan for you now. You're just in denial, it's not just a river in Egypt. I had a 2 door before and even though I don't normally use the back seat, after ow
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Costco Tire Service - now available for all tires by edyvw @ 13 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SayjacQuote: ... unlike DT where you can get tire several years old. Boughts lots of sets of tires from DT b&m stores since 2004 when they came to the area and NEVER had a tire "several years old". I think the ma
Jump to new posts Re: Update on AFE 0W20 by BigD1 @ 14 minutes 40 seconds ago

Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 and 5W-30 are on rollback at Walmart in store price for $17.88. Just saw it yesterday when I was buying some Valvoline conventional with the $6 off coupon.
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Water lubrication ? To stay on subject on forum by another Todd @ 15 minutes 20 seconds ago

I have done small Evenrudes...you can do it yourself. In addition to the bolts, you have to disconnect the shift shaft, but it's all pretty easy. Good idea to pressure and vacuum test the lower unit while it is off. Water pumps don't need to be do
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD in Ecotec: 2 qts. consumed in 3K ! by Benzadmiral @ 16 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvisIs the throttle valve covered in oil? If so, the engine is ingesting oil from the PCV system and the rings may be allowing too much blow-by. If the air filter has been changed in the last couple of years and looks c
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Heard of Hemi Tick- is there "Hemi Shudder"? by JennyHemi @ 17 minutes 15 seconds ago

After my last oil change (at a dealer), my '13 RT has a slight shudder (not as bad as a misfire, but sounds/feels like it's running rough) when in gear and idling stopped at a light or sign. It's hardly noticeable, but bugs me. Otherwise the car runs
Jump to new posts Re: What to use in 99 Buick Lesabre OCI? by Nitronoise @ 17 minutes 45 seconds ago

QSGB is my choice , in my sig the Hyundai has 275 K and my kids cant kill it at college . summers in "TALL Corn Country" can be hot and QSGB has stood up well for me in the Hyundai and my Buick which is a summer road car as I sell in the
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by thr_wedge @ 19 minutes 35 seconds ago

I have 2 small kids, 3 & 5 years old. I looked at coupes at first and it was no way. Getting them in and out gets old FAST. Like I said no coupe after 2 minutes, and I only haul kids once a week and just the process was enough. After a few lo
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Mustang fails Australian police trials by edyvw @ 19 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Originally Posted By: eddy21There's been cases of track driven Fiesta St's going into limp mode from overheating. Some street driven in long grades in hot climates also. When I took delivery of my 135i in July 2010, at th
Jump to new posts Re: 6th Gen Camaro SS LT1 Dexos2 Oil for Track by A_Harman @ 19 minutes 50 seconds ago

It's interesting that they are recommending dexos2 oils, which are normally specified for diesels with particulate traps, to go in the LT1 for track duty. Both are good oils, and both are difficult to find. Since they are both listed in the owner's
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by wemay @ 20 minutes 23 seconds ago

I really like the Genesis Coupe but not when entering the journey you're about start. My vote? The Fiesta ST (if going by your list).
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by mobilaltima @ 22 minutes 40 seconds ago

2015 Toyota 4 Runner 4.0 V6 friends wifes vehicle she went a little too long on the factory fill 11,229 miles when I changed it yesterday I used 6.5 qts M1 EP 0W20 and a Wix 57173 filter, wont use that Wix again its China made
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 FS 0w-40 by edyvw @ 22 minutes 49 seconds ago

Good to know. I like all those specs to have on oil anyway, so...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2GR-FE Water Pump Noise by RISUPERCREWMAN @ 24 minutes 47 seconds ago

Yup replace it.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by supton @ 28 minutes 10 seconds ago

I think you've lost your mind. Kid duty on a 2 door? Sure, when you have to. Otherwise... Yes I understand, your money, your decision. But I'm firmly in the "lost your mind" camp, and if I was a betting man, betting on you car shopping
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Sizing Help by danthaman1980 @ 28 minutes 12 seconds ago

265 75 16 is a good compromise. Bigger than your stock wheels without compromising too much fuel mileage.
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge 10W-30 in Australia by bobbydavro @ 28 minutes 27 seconds ago

Here's the test, a single cylinder indirect diesel engine. http://www.swri.org/3pubs/brochure/ae/pdf/cat1m-pc.pdf No idea why people even consider API CF.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by Bandito440 @ 28 minutes 34 seconds ago

Buy the Hyundai if you like it, but squirming toddlers in the back of a coupe are no fun. The Focus RS should be showing up at dealers very soon. That'll get your blood flowing.
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 FS 0w-40 by bobbydavro @ 31 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: 1JZ_E46Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: deven^^Agreed. No way M1 meets the N20 spec with 0% PAO. They'll need at the least 30% PAO in my opinion to meet that spec. When and if they d
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my mind, about to buy Genesis Coupe 3.8 by danthaman1980 @ 32 minutes 6 seconds ago

Dude, you need 4 doors. They don't make many coupes that work with car seats. Too bad they don't make LGTs anymore, that sounds like it would fit your requirements. Nowadays you're stuck with FWD unless you step up to BMW/Infiniti/Caddy CTS/ATS terr
Page 1 of 242 1 2 3 ... 241 242 >