by MolaKule
08/19/14 11:21 PM
Something interesting
by OneEyeJack
08/19/14 11:05 PM
07 Volvo s40 sealed tranny
by Pops1050
08/19/14 10:12 PM
Super high mileage cars - highest you've seen?
by 19jacobob93
08/19/14 09:46 PM
Ubuntu 14.04- not enough room for upgrade?
by The_Eric
08/19/14 09:44 PM
Once is a coicidence, twice is ???
by andyd
08/19/14 09:41 PM
usb controller not working...
by daves66nova
08/19/14 09:36 PM
Info on the Baldwin BT-353 Filter ?
by rrounds
08/19/14 09:02 PM
Consequences of not adding make-up oil?
by Pajamarama
08/19/14 08:25 PM
How many mAh is reasonable for rechargeable...
by Nayov
08/19/14 07:47 PM
Newest Members
Khubert10, nlsimps, vdeal, ZeeTX, Leon505
51019 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (Falcon_LS, eljefino, Duke, Ben99GT, Andy636, 2 invisible), 718 Guests and 205 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51019 Members
64 Forums
218032 Topics
3436552 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 50:1 fuel in 40:1 machine by bubbatime @ 37 minutes 15 seconds ago

For what its worth, I had a trimmer that called for 40:1. All my other equipment was 50:1, so I decided to just run 50:1 in everything. It flat out ran terribly on 50:1. I tried every carb adjustment I could and it still wouldn't run right. Went bac
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: re thinking job field by bubbatime @ 44 minutes 49 seconds ago

Yeah if this happened at work, your employers workers comp insurance should have covered the bill. Not you. If they keep screwing with you, go out on FMLA leave. From the govt FMLA website: These employers must provide an eligible employee with up
Jump to new posts Re: 50:1 fuel in 40:1 machine by Shannow @ 54 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: ShannowIf somehow the hydrocarbon oil replaced gasoline, and escaped combustion entirely...the premise that oil leans you out and melts pistons is farcical. Well, how is it making the exhaust damp o
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Supermarket Self Check-Out by bubbatime @ 56 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andrewg In all honesty I don't think you would have been any slower than your average Wal-Mart cashier. Many of the ones I've encountered appear to be mentally challenged. I hate self checkout with a full cart. I don't mind if
Jump to new posts Kohler Command Pro PA-CH440 by jetmech1 @ 58 minutes 29 seconds ago

Hi All, Looked for anything on this engine using BITOG search with no results. The Kohler website lists this as a "new" series engine. This engine fits the bill perfectly for a project I'll be starting later this year. It's got the best a
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Bike Chain Lube Recommendations Wanted by UG_Passat @ Today at 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: SurestickOriginally Posted By: duckboy55W-d-40 for monthly maitince and brush on thick grease once a season or so WD-40 doesn't belong on a bike chain, it's not a lube. Sure it does. WD-40 has their own line of bike lube
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0 V8 by Boczech @ Today at 02:44 AM

If you are happy the it sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I had a 1989 that had close to 200k miles when I sold it and still ran great. Congratulations...
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Fill in the Blanks- Two Words by tstep @ Today at 02:43 AM

In my field it would be "neoprene" (rubber) and "swell"
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 vs. Mobil 1 ESP M 5W-40 by Falcon_LS @ Today at 02:42 AM

Any issues running ESP M with Euro V gasoline?
Automotive General Topics
Plenty of old taxi Mercs with over million km on them (W124 type).
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: re thinking job field by Boczech @ Today at 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: abycatOriginally Posted By: ClevyOriginally Posted By: abycatIt's infected cause told you too put super glue on it. Bad choice of first aid. I'd sue the [censored] out of him. He obviously doesn't care about you and should lea
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Fill in the Blanks- Two Words by Shannow @ Today at 02:13 AM

Durometer: Numerical scale of seal hardness, Compression Set: the amount by which a seal specimen fails to return to original shape after release of compressive load, Memory: tendency of a seal material to return to original shape after deformation
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Best alternative for Victory 20W-40 Semi-Syn by BusyLittleShop @ Today at 01:51 AM

Technically speaking synthetic oil can not defeat a wet clutch in good working order... what is confusing the issue is the fact that all motorcycle wet clutches will reach a point in their life and start to slip... no one complains about clutch slip
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Consequences of not adding make-up oil? by Kuato @ Today at 01:50 AM

Once is no biggie as mentioned above, we've all probably done it, but: Consequences = same as not changing your oil often enough. Depletion of additives, sludge formation, etc etc.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: My Experiences with using TCW3 by Tron1 @ Today at 01:45 AM

Just completed all highway driving at an average speed of 64MPH in my Cobra with 2 stroke tcw3 in the gas tank at 3oz per 5 gallons. My gas mileage was an incredible 17mpg at 104 miles and 21mpg at 170 miles. My best mileage before adding tcw3 had be
Jump to new posts Re: Consequences of not adding make-up oil? by babbittd @ Today at 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: jsfallsI work at a Wallyworld Tire & Lube express and get about 5-10 cars daily that have no oil on the stick and maybe about a quart or two that drains out... kind of scary but they keep on ticking lol so i'm sure you're fi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: re thinking job field by babbittd @ Today at 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: ClevyIn my youth our hockey teams trainer would use it on gashes and cuts and so on to stop the bleeding and bond the skin. Works beautifully and reduces scarring vs stitches. I also have and if necessary would use it again for
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0 V8 by Nick1994 @ Today at 01:28 AM

Sounds like a keeper. Have you checked where the leak is coming from before you start with a HM oil to try to mask it? Could just be valve cover gaskets or an oil pan gasket (if it's easy to change) then maybe you can fix the leaks. Tranny and differ
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Napa Gold 1334 ~5700 miles (Pics) by sayjac @ Today at 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Tmiller3063So does that mean I can run the A01 in my 97 Civic. Still wonder if it will work...... Yep, if you choose. Same size gasket, slightly longer can, not quite as wide as the 1334. Link below is a guy doing exactly that.
Consumer Electronics
Originally Posted By: abycatgoogle sync buddy. http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee420/abycat/bitog/Screenshot_2014-08-19-17-47-33.png It doesn't work. Old contacts saved in the phone memory will not sync with Google.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: I have a new tire buying strategy by y_p_w @ Today at 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: stephen9666Originally Posted By: y_p_w $50 each for Falken Sincera SN-828. I actually bought two and was planning on getting another two when the current tires are no longer suitable (they're getting there and it's pretty near
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil HM vs Mobil Super HM? by GaleHawkins @ Today at 12:41 AM

lukejo one would think 5w-30 would have the same thickness between brands but it may not be the case. I thought all brands of cell phones would pick up a signal as well as the other using the same technology but learned last week a Motorola will grab
Automotive General Topics
C'mon, let's talk a bout cars. There should be another forum for history buffs, semantics pedants and Leni Riefenstahl Fun Club (I am one of them)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got me a safety razor by asiancivicmaniac @ Today at 12:35 AM

I recently got an Edwin Jagger DE89. The chrome on it is beautiful and it shaves closer than any cartridge I've used before, even the 5 blade Gillettes and Schicks. Whipping up the soap is fun too unless I'm pressed for time. Still working on getti
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 07 Volvo s40 sealed tranny by Pops1050 @ Today at 12:34 AM

Thanks all, will probably go with Mobil JWS3309 - will pickup 3 qts locally to get started and buy the case from Amazon. OneeyeJack, yes I googled the question and saw some discussion threads on swedespeed. Michaelluscher, not sure about a filter. Si
Page 1 of 228 1 2 3 ... 227 228 >