04/16/14 10:41 PM
anxiety in public places
by motor_oil_madman
04/16/14 10:10 PM
Newest Members
navynuke, AndrewX, UncleLee, dwreefs, turbomond
49598 Registered Users
Who's Online
69 registered (1foxracing, bds1984, BigCahuna, AHC, bama7x57, 901Memphis, 7 invisible), 1181 Guests and 219 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49598 Members
64 Forums
211990 Topics
3322463 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: restored lawn boy 2 cycle by Hokiefyd @ 38 seconds ago

I think the current price on that auction is too much for a brick top that is anything but "showroom condition". The picture posted looks like a good runner, but not a show piece. I do, however, like your thought of buying a mower that wi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: upstairs bathroom faucet, low flow... by demarpaint @ 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonDoes it have a little strainer on the end of the faucet? That might be plugged up. I'd think taking it apart and cleaning would be cheapest, although replacement (with cheapo) is probably fastest. +1
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by supton @ 1 minute 49 seconds ago

My glasses aren't too ornery, but I do feel like my prescription is changing more often now, now that 40 isn't that far off. Just don't see as well as I used to. Would like Lasik for the savings, but if I can stretch a pair of glasses out a few yea
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts The following questions were set in last year's GE by Trav @ 1 minute 57 seconds ago

This is the next generation of American voters. All hope is lost. No wonder they say a college degree is the new high school diploma. I thought about putting this in the Humor section but while funny its sad. The following questions were set in la
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 5 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: DirkDigglerLL-01 applies to post-'02 BMW's so it looks like this operating fluids document is on point My point was that if the PDF document mentioned earlier was truly dated March 2008, then
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission filters? by doitmyself @ 7 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: damanOriginally Posted By: chevys10Filter I bought last year from Carquest said SPX/Filtran on the box That's where I bought my last filtran, thanks ill have to check there again. The last time (4 yrs.) I bought a Filtran from
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Blinking 3rd Brake Light - Great Product #2 by Hokiefyd @ 8 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wag123Some luxury car manufacturers offer an optional adaptive brake light system that flashes the brake and tail lights under sudden extreme braking as a warning to trailing motorists. This fact dispels the myth that flashing b
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Goodyear Eagle LS-2 by Hokiefyd @ 9 minutes 27 seconds ago

This is par for the course for OEM tires. The performance attributes, that is. The balancing issues shouldn't be happening.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Simple safety lock for Fumoto valves by Mfrank84 @ 9 minutes 37 seconds ago

I've got Fumoto valves on both our vehicles. Nothing on either one as a safety precaution. Too many years to count and not one leak from either one and both are still functioning as if they were new. Edit: Just have a Fumoto valve on the Xteraa si
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: upstairs bathroom faucet, low flow... by supton @ 9 minutes 57 seconds ago

Does it have a little strainer on the end of the faucet? That might be plugged up. I'd think taking it apart and cleaning would be cheapest, although replacement (with cheapo) is probably fastest.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-40 All year round? by TiredTrucker @ 10 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowSpecific heat of oil is pretty well a constant...pumps are positive displacement...how does a thinner oil move more heat ? Just asking... In my post, I referenced that a thinner oil will dissipate heat... you know, she
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Holy Purolator Flip Flop! by AHC @ 12 minutes 13 seconds ago

WCOD White Can of Death?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Goodyear Eagle LS-2 by Jarlaxle @ 13 minutes 11 seconds ago

All Oe tires I have seen that were not on dedicated performance cars met two criteria: low rolling resistance & wearing like iron. All else was sacrificed. The Assurances on my Magnum were terrible: fair to poor traction, incredibly loud, and n
Jump to new posts Re: Next year's car models out too early by Miller88 @ 13 minutes 25 seconds ago

They can sell it as a 2015 if it's the vehicle that will be in production 1/1/2015. I'm sure we'll start seeing cars that are out 2 MY ahead of what year it is ... to claim it's "new"
Jump to new posts Re: Used Honda Odyssey problem years? by Hokiefyd @ 13 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rjundiChrysler though you can potentially offset that with lower miles or in purchase price etc if you don't mind the vehicle. I'm a believer in the efficient market hypothesis, which says that you can't consistently achieve re
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: "The world's cheap reserves are basically gone" by grampi @ 14 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TempestOriginally Posted By: grampi Read my previous post about gas going from $3.50 to $4.25... That has nothing to do with what I asked. Why aren't they charging $8 today? It has everything to do with it...gas/diesel is a
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: These "all weather tires" vs performance snow tire by Miller88 @ 15 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe I have gone to Germany a fair amount. I the Winter months all the cars have dedicated snow tires. I assume it's mandated. Over here I believe in someone lives in an area with a serious Winter it's best to get dedicated
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts Re: Honda ATF Z1 11738 Mi 2006 Ody by David1 @ 17 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KiraTo VH45DE: Are you going with Honda's DW-1 or something else? Kira Isnt the Honda DW-1 a better ATF then the Z-1 ???
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts upstairs bathroom faucet, low flow... by Tuffy1760 @ 19 minutes 7 seconds ago

original upstairs bathroom faucet... low flow, hot and cold... ideas? repair/ replace? since its both hot and cold, clog? tub nearby no problem... Thanks!!
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Porsche 911 owner by Kira @ 19 minutes 39 seconds ago

Hello, Another dimension of the "let someone else take the hit" argument for buying used cars. Also, could it be the case that his dealer sold him a car which had been smashed or even flooded? As an aside, I feel the car business is so d
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts 40w to 30w by dieselguy67 @ 22 minutes 10 seconds ago

hi everyone i have been a visitor here for years interested in oil info. i have been driving a diesel pu truck for around 25 years (dodge,ford,gm) and used xxx brand of 15w40 and tried 5w40 in the winter in new england. currently i have a ford 2013
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Gmail question by Hokiefyd @ 25 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dparmThere is a Gmail Offline plugin for Chrome. I did use that for a while. I found Google software to be very resource-heavy. The offline plugin wants to keep Chrome running all the time in the background, which often consu
Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Remove air filter for better MPG? by Garak @ 28 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Doganmay it lower from 20lt/100km to 15lt I don't think you'll find anywhere near that significant of a difference. As you point out, a carb is different than fuel injection. However, going from a reasonable air filter to no a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by Kira @ 30 minutes 47 seconds ago

Hello, While chatting about this procedure with my dentist I mentioned the rather high failure rate of lasik and he nodded his agreement. He went on to add caveats regarding the dryness issue. "Some people need drops every 15 minutes. That w
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Porsche 911 owner by sparky123 @ 33 minutes 14 seconds ago

IMO, he needs to be paid MORE than what he paid for his vehicle considering his time and aggreviation. (Not to mention, the vehicle is unsafe to drive and posses a danger to himself & others on the road.) They (Porsche/VW) are crazy allowing this
Page 1 of 273 1 2 3 ... 272 273 >