Recent Topics
Slick 50
by CrackyWainwright
08/24/16 09:28 PM
Bmw twin power 5w30
by BTLew81
08/24/16 09:08 PM
Older car but low mileage. Change or not?
by Martin10
08/24/16 08:07 PM
F1 - 2016 Belgian Grand Prix
by gofast182
08/24/16 07:55 PM
Ethernet card uograde needed?
by NHHEMI
08/24/16 07:27 PM
2012 Suzuki DL1000 VStrom Oil Recommendations
by RHALL
08/24/16 07:24 PM
Audio/Micro Adapter Help
by coopns
08/24/16 07:18 PM
Purolator boss 2222 6,200 miles
by gabriel9766
08/24/16 06:49 PM
Fram Ultra paint peeling
by Run
08/24/16 06:26 PM
Cell phone mount suction cup doesn't stick
by mclasser
08/24/16 06:02 PM
2008 Nissa Versa 110,000 miles second report.
by Datarock
08/24/16 05:07 PM
Best Oils for Direct Injection & Turbo Engines
by BobsArmory
08/24/16 04:45 PM
Newest Members
ShadowSix, warfire, Brutus232, gojoneeded, jimmyangst
58911 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (AirgunSavant, 2015_PSD, another Todd, abycat, albertdi, 9 invisible), 1760 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58911 Members
66 Forums
253513 Topics
4161480 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Craftsman riding mowers by BrianF @ 5 seconds ago

I had looked at some higher end JD models but it came down to the location. The cost was not so bad but the time needed for travel was just not going to happen. When the economy is bad business is good and when the economy is good business is good.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: U joints by another Todd @ 10 seconds ago

Nongreasable, BUT MAKE SURE YOU PACK THE NEW ONES WITH THE RECOMMENDED GREASE WHILE INSTALLING.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Heat Pump ?'s by AirgunSavant @ 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntzOriginally Posted By: FsharpThe efficiency depends on the ambient air temperature. +1 here I've had various brands of heat pumps for 37 years. Basically they are a compromise. They don't heat as efficiently as
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2016 Belgian Grand Prix by benjamming @ 40 seconds ago

It's expected that Hamilton will take his engine penalty this weekend. Should make for a good race.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Slick 50 by crazyoildude @ 1 minute 41 seconds ago

Total snake oil..
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M1 Filter Concern by crazyoildude @ 4 minutes 14 seconds ago

Actually the only Fram filter i would use is the ultra..
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Ford Edge Limited Edition by another Todd @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

Since it did it once, and not since, I'd be tempted to check the throttle body wiring connection. Perhaps it just lost contact for a minute and needs cleaning. Otherwise I also agree with bdcardinal.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oils for Direct Injection & Turbo Engines by DevilsRule @ 6 minutes 9 seconds ago

I would use Mobil 1 5w-30. It carries Dexos as well as HTO-06 certifications. Been using since 1st oil change on 12 Cruze with 1.4 Turbo. Have followed oil life monitor which indicates oil change between 9-10K miles. Just be sure to check oil level o
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M1 Filter Concern by crazyoildude @ 7 minutes 43 seconds ago

most oil pumps these days don't wear so fast after all they are always in oil
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oils for Direct Injection & Turbo Engines by mkskud @ 8 minutes 51 seconds ago

I've used both Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1 in my Trax. it's a 1.4L turbo, not direct injection though. I would and will use any dexos 1 oil I can find on sale, without even a second thought really.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: NAPA "GOLD" #1358, 10,080 miles CUT OPEN by crazyoildude @ 10 minutes 59 seconds ago

Yup and my heart is on the weak side to begin with..This is what caused my a-fib i bet..lol
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Slick 50 by CrackyWainwright @ 13 minutes 50 seconds ago

Back in the early 90s I used to add Slick 50 to my oil changes in my 1989 Mustang 2.3 4 cyl that I had customized to look like an SVO Mustang. Cool Fox body car with no power to speak of even with the 5-speed manual. What the heck was that Slick 50
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra paint peeling by JC1 @ 14 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauerOriginally Posted By: Ethan1Originally Posted By: mjkI'd toss them personally, if the paint is peeling how can you feel comfortable with the overall construction? I'd probably toss/turn at night, if I installed it o
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Older car but low mileage. Change or not? by JC1 @ 15 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GeboOriginally Posted By: Mr NiceFluid is inexpensive, change it. +1 +2.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Ford Crown Victoria 189k, 7.5 on Maxlife 5W20 by meborder @ 15 minutes 28 seconds ago

Compared to mine, yours is wearing very well. I think some just wear better than others no matter what you do. As a side thought, what good does it do me to have an engine that will last 500,000 miles? Judging by the current state of the rest of t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra paint peeling by crazyoildude @ 15 minutes 42 seconds ago

Odd that same filter made on same day had two different labels..
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Suzuki DL1000 VStrom Oil Recommendations by RHALL @ 16 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gman2304Welcome to BITOG, I bought a 2008 Suzuki DL1000 new, and kept it for about 3 years. At that mileage, it's due a valve adjustment if it hasn't already been done. The Dupont chain lube from Lowes is the best lube I found f
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Discount Tire Direct Pre-Labor Day Sale by 99Saturn @ 16 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: xshoexOriginally Posted By: zorobabelSorry, I'm just not seeing 2016 anywhere on that page. Its at the top Monday, August 29th thru Tuesday, September 6th, 2016 take advantage of our Labor Day Deals and receive a Visa Prepaid
Jump to new posts Re: Late 80s/early 90s oil tech by CrackyWainwright @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

I came of age driving in the mid-80s in rural Cherokee, Alabama where all I needed was some AC/DC and Hank, Jr cassettes to go with my Trans Am and mullet haircut. It also helped to have a Trojan dispenser on the dashboard. Here was the accepted &q
Jump to new posts Re: Electrical short? '95 Caprice lt1 by Colt45ws @ 18 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kc8adu99.9% bad ignition switch. those loads are dropped while cranking to give a better chance of starting in adverse conditions. when the radio stayed on is when it failed. Agree.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Harley Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107 Released by gman2304 @ 18 minutes 15 seconds ago

Next month, 9/22-9/24 Harley has they're open house in York, Pa. Free food, plant tour and museum tour. Demo rides as well, and meet Ms Harley Davidson.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Fumoto Valve by blupupher @ 18 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KrisZI always thought and still think that this type of valve is a great idea, but despite all the praises Fumoto gets I'm still not seeing enough benefit for me to get it installed. I don't do oil samples and I don't have a pro
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sewer gasses in bathroom by sxg6 @ 18 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: tomcat27 the part of the stack that you have labelled as vent appears to be something that was removed. do you know any history? We have only owned the home for about 8 years now, so unfortunately I don't have a lot of hi
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Starting to shop for new tires for my Subie by Fsharp @ 19 minutes 27 seconds ago

So you're getting aftermarket 18 inch wheels and 225/45r18 size tires now? Enough with the RT43's and CS5's. You should get something that's less popular on here and then be able to tell BITOG about something new.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator boss 2222 6,200 miles by crazyoildude @ 20 minutes 4 seconds ago

They slowed down the flow with those louvers and that stopped some of their tearing issues... Its like they are engineered to have problems.
Page 1 of 225 1 2 3 ... 224 225 >