by Wordfreak
07/28/14 01:44 AM
The BITOG LOL smiley is AWAL
by Merkava_4
07/28/14 01:43 AM
antifreeze leak on back corner of engine
by ram_man
07/28/14 12:03 AM
Man killed, daughter injured in plane crash...
by hatt
07/27/14 11:25 PM
Hyundai Elantra manual trans fluid change help
by dja4260
07/27/14 10:51 PM
Newest Members
Samial, TomHh, JPowell490, LubeMan52, Powermax
50782 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (antonmnster, 147_Grain, 2010_FX4, 4wheeldog, 2sld3kf2bt, 123Saab, 5 invisible), 1806 Guests and 222 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50782 Members
64 Forums
216938 Topics
3414946 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Formula Shell Full Synthetic by Garak @ 1 minute 35 seconds ago

Same deal up here. I'd suggest a SOPUS distributor for anyone who's interested. Their price on the product up here is very competitive, as far as Canadian synthetic prices go.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Gordon's restart strategy - Brickyard 400 by DSparks @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

All I heard was mumbling and excuses...the tv guys were talking about the not cleaning tires/shutting car off alot
Jump to new posts Re: German Castrol 0w-30 at Autozone by Brian Barnhart @ 5 minutes 57 seconds ago

Last K&N oil filter I looked at was made in Asia somewhere. Put it back on the shelf immediately. Not going to pay top dollar for an Asian made oil filter. I won't be buying any high dollar oil change specials with those filters either.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave5358 @ 7 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: demarpaintOriginally Posted By: Trajan MMO promoters are the same way..... Two can play at that game, but I'd rather not. Please don't. Those attacking Zmax have gone from the ridiculous to the sublime on their own - they don't
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Home Brew CLP's by JHZR2 @ 8 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46. * A lot of 1911 semi - auto owners use M1 20W 50 or a M1 / Dextron VI mix with very good results ! . I don't quite get it. Why not just go for the viscosity you're aiming for first, rather then making a mix that
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix Beta Ratio by ARCOgraphite @ 8 minutes 26 seconds ago

E = 100 - (100/Beta). Wix states the efficiency a liitle different from accepted practice, but you got it!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: station wagon vs small suv by Novichek @ 8 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PeterGreenI'm looking for a new car for my wife. She is a small gal, so cars with big long expansive hoods are not her thing. She currently drives an old Saab which has become finicky. We are considering the new Volvo V60 statio
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator L14610 by webfors @ 9 minutes 56 seconds ago

Nice looking filter. Looks like spacing near the seam was always an issue, so maybe there is a change in media in the newer ones also.
Jump to new posts Re: Which Retailers Sell Valvoline MaxLife Full Syn? by dmk @ 11 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AvoidTheNoidI saw it at one AAP last week, but never at another location, but some AAP carry it for sure. I usually keep my eye open for it at any store I go into (which are just about all the chains) and rarely see it. Wally
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram PH8A (5kmiles) by webfors @ 12 minutes 53 seconds ago

Looks good! As mentioned not as much media as I would like but well built and no issues. I have no problem with the design of the orange can.
Jump to new posts Re: 7,000 miles on oil... change before trip? by tig1 @ 12 minutes 58 seconds ago

Several times I have done 2000-3000K trips on my Fusion with M1 0-20 when the oil had 7-8K. Can't speak for QSUD.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator PL10241 Cut Open - 3 Tears! by webfors @ 16 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: mrsilv04I cut the el-cheapo Quaker State (Puro Classic) equivalent of that same filter open earlier this weekend, and it was nothing but perfect. Odd. Looks like to me, that the metal bar that they
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cutting open oil filter...? by JerryBob @ 17 minutes 51 seconds ago

Initially, it was curiosity. I cut one open with a hack saw to check the media on a Mobil-1. Obviously, after using a hacksaw, checking for metal shavings is not really an option... I wonder whether shavings are really observable unless an engine
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Recalls & more recalls. Cars are now too complex! by SHOZ @ 18 minutes 55 seconds ago

100k plus miles on spark plugs, no EGR, no points and condensers, no spark plug wires, OCI up to 7.5k miles, better gas mileage, more HP, easier diagnosis; what's not to like.
Jump to new posts Re: Ticks when it needs an oil change! by 4wheeldog @ 21 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Colt45wsMine starts slurping oil. It won't burn any, then suddenly over the course of about 500 miles it'll lose 1/2 quart. So I change it. This always makes me think fuel dilution. It used to be the case, back in the bad ol
Jump to new posts Re: Formula Shell Full Synthetic by bigt61 @ 23 minutes 35 seconds ago

Yeah, I'd buy it if it got cheap enough. I've never seen it in the wild......Six year old thread.
Jump to new posts Re: phosphorus question by Quattro Pete @ 23 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dharryDo you think that 0,144% phosphorus is enough? Enough for what? What is your application (car/engine/year/modifications, etc.)? It is certainly enough for any modern engine.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Wix Beta Ratio by Stelth @ 25 minutes 25 seconds ago

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I just looked up 3 filters on the Wix website, that would fit three of my vehicles. They all list a beta ratio of 2/20=6/20. This means 50% @ 6 microns, and 95% @ 20 microns, correct?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Girlfriend buying 2015 Subaru Forrester, 6-manual by ARCOgraphite @ 28 minutes 6 seconds ago

Wife just got a new, blue "base" 2015 forester. Man, what an improvement in seating position, sightlines and perceived torsional rigidity over the 2011! Base model now has rear view cam and advanced capability color DIC and Bluetooth for y
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator PL10241 Cut Open - 3 Tears! by ThirdeYe @ 29 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: mannyhsHave there been any reports of Purolator Synthetic filters tearing? I just bought 2 at KMart ... It seems the Classic and the PureOne are the most prone to tearing. I haven't seen any tears in the synthetic filters, so
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cutting open oil filter...? by DBMaster @ 29 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers And we get bored. There you go. I have been accused of practicing compulsive, neurotic car maintenance for years. But, I have never cut open an oil filter. For some reason I don't even care if it has a huge hole
Jump to new posts Re: phosphorus question by dharry @ 30 minutes 24 seconds ago

Got it, thank you. Do you think that 0,144% phosphorus is enough? How are generally seen Mobil products here? thanks, DH
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Gordon's restart strategy - Brickyard 400 by ledslinger @ 30 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DSparksThey were talking about kasey not cleaning his tires very well cause he was shutting car off trying to save fuel.......gordon had him covered either way...kasey whiner as usual... Did Kahne say anything about this in a
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: John Deere LX279 by mrsilv04 @ 31 minutes 43 seconds ago

After chasing fuel/running problems for several months, I finally tore into my John Deere 185 (17hp Kawasaki), and did a "Class A" inspection. I ended up removing the gas tank and rinsing it out, replacing all fuel and vent lines, replacin
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cutting open oil filter...? by ThirdeYe @ 33 minutes 33 seconds ago

I cut open oil filters to see how they held up under usage in the vehicles I maintain. I look for stressed pleats, tears, amount of pleats, construction, etc. and I use my analysis to help me choose which filters to continue using and which not to us
Page 1 of 288 1 2 3 ... 287 288 >