by BTLew81
10/24/14 12:20 AM
$9.99 oil change special +mod+plan
by Pokermatters
10/23/14 11:26 PM
Royal Purple Duralec
by Rendezvous
10/23/14 11:26 PM
Have CQ50-110US restore discs laying around?
by daves66nova
10/23/14 10:49 PM
$20k dollar crew cab 4X4
by donnyj08
10/23/14 10:47 PM
If all oil is too thick when cold...
by SnowDrifter
10/23/14 10:46 PM
The Greatness of Simplicity
by Lolvoguy
10/23/14 10:43 PM
How deep of a puncture can a tire take?
by sxg6
10/23/14 10:22 PM
excessive yawning while reading book out loud..
by daves66nova
10/23/14 10:21 PM
Neverwet Paint Rust-OleumŽ NeverWet Liquid Repelli
by handyman
10/23/14 10:13 PM
Recommend a good 3.5 to 2.5 inch HDD bay adapter
by ClutchDisc
10/23/14 10:03 PM
Newest Members
Dumy, SethTanner, mrfitz, 69P, newbull87
51678 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (901Memphis, Black_Thunder, mattwithcats, hpb, 87sammy, Duke, 2 invisible), 626 Guests and 224 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51678 Members
64 Forums
221133 Topics
3495884 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Screwdriver bits by Trav @ 4 minutes 10 seconds ago

This site may be of interest. http://mrotools.com/
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decent battery charger? by 901Memphis @ 11 minutes 51 seconds ago

Battery tender makes some nice stuff too, but noco wins with more features per dollar.
Jump to new posts Re: Parking brake shoes by Trav @ 14 minutes 53 seconds ago

Common problem with Ford F150 and Expeditions, the glue wasn't very heat and water resistant, aka delamination.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Need oil for car with oil control ring issues by Black_Thunder @ 21 minutes 1 second ago

Rotella T5 10w30. or Delo 10w30
Jump to new posts Re: Duron-E in gas engine? by Shannow @ 22 minutes 22 seconds ago

used_Oil...good points. If you go back in the board's history, I was a proponent of a "cold pumping" and HTHS as a grading (something like -25 3.6, for something that met the cold pumping performance at -25C, and an HTHS). When you get the
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by Black_Thunder @ 22 minutes 51 seconds ago

changed the oil in both my f150's a couple weeks ago. In the 88 i put in Chevron 10w30 HDEO with a little of Rotella 10w30. with a quakerstate filter. in the 92 i put in Mystik 10w30 HDEO with a fleetguard filter.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic Choke in Toro Personal Pace Lawnmower by Merkava_4 @ 25 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeThe part you need to change (Briggs 593208 thermostat) bolts behind the muffler and is easy to change. According to my IPL for the 12H800 Model series with Type numbers 0653 thru 6699, the part number for the choke th
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Driving on a metal grate by Nyogtha @ 28 minutes 23 seconds ago

I did it all the time in the 1980's across the Tule Lake Lift Bridge in Corpus Christi working my way through college. It also had a low speed limit but it was rare we ever had to worry about ice. The railroad bridge was also part of this lift bridge
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Ranger tires. by Black_Thunder @ 35 minutes 24 seconds ago

there are many other size tires that you could cross reference that size to to get one with a similar diameter. i sometimes use a tire calculator and type in several different sizes to see the difference in Revs per miles etc. like a 225/70/15 co
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple by mauric3 @ 38 minutes 49 seconds ago

GCOC is pretty far from where i live.. \
Jump to new posts Re: Decent battery charger? by mattwithcats @ 41 minutes 28 seconds ago

Harness that attaches to the battery... http://batterytender.com/ring-terminal-harness.html
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: How deep of a puncture can a tire take? by Black_Thunder @ 44 minutes 22 seconds ago

i wouldn't worry about it, with 7/32nds of tread left the chances of anything else happening with that small hole is very slim before the tire wears out. I've dug nails/screws out of heavy truck tires that were down to the cords and let them be. b
Jump to new posts Re: Decent battery charger? by mattwithcats @ 45 minutes 36 seconds ago

My choice for keeping a battery up, on a infrequently driven car... http://batterytender.com/waterproof-800-usa-western-hemisphere.html It comes with a quick disconnect, so you can remove it. Cut the connector that attaches to the battery with
Jump to new posts Re: Duron-E in gas engine? by used_0il @ 51 minutes 57 seconds ago

After reading through the VI discussion, I came to the conclusion that few, if any points participants agreed on. One possibility is that the VI scale is not obsolete for the purpose it was intended. For the comparison of base oils. Th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Parliament Hill attacked, soldier shot by dave1251 @ 55 minutes 12 seconds ago

I am sorry did I miss the part Eric Frein and his little troop of cosplayers have declared holy war on the United States and its allies and has successfully killed in the name of terror?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: $20k dollar crew cab 4X4 by dustyroads @ Today at 01:47 AM

$20k for a late model crew cab 4x4 ? I recently looked at my local dealers thinking maybe $25k for the same kind of truck and my jaw dropped when I saw the prices. I think I would go with a new truck after that surprise. I wish you luck in your
Jump to new posts Re: Decent battery charger? by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisDon't cheap out on that harbor freight charger it's a dumb charger. Do you really want to risk cooking an expensive battery to save $20? Get one with an actual processor. If you want to stay cheap noco has a good
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic Choke in Toro Personal Pace Lawnmower by Merkava_4 @ Today at 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: jrf71Toro GTS 6.0HP lawnmower with engine Model & type= 12H807-1775-E1 and Code= 99040756. Look on your engine for this part: Replace it. The part number is 790830. The thermostat is supposed to keep the choke closed whe
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "every man should know how to drive a stick" by Nyogtha @ Today at 01:30 AM

I learned driving at 14 on a three on a tree 1973 Pickup with 350 V8 and a clutch spring that would give you a left leg Popeye would envy (my dad's truck). My first vehicle was a 1972 Mazda pickup that a coworker of my dad's had ended 2 engines in.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: excessive yawning while reading book out loud.. by john_pifer @ Today at 01:30 AM

Same thing always happened to me when studying. Not even coffee helped.
Jump to new posts Re: $9.99 oil change special +mod+plan by Pokermatters @ Today at 01:27 AM

bubba, please note that I IMMEDIATELY took off the yellow filter...so it's not "used"...sure, it has some oil in it...but it's essentially a new filter that i'll use later. bvance...on the 2000 Camry, the filter is on top and super easy to
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Charged By Dogs on Bicycle (Different Dogs) by john_pifer @ Today at 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: john_piferOriginally Posted By: dlundbladI tend to blame the owners personally regardless of the breed. In this specific situation we have a pack of German Shepherds dangerously running free. They
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: How deep of a puncture can a tire take? by y_p_w @ Today at 01:21 AM

I found a screw right about the same time I needed to go in for my first rotation. So I brought it to a Costco Tire Center. I think they dismounted it and checked. However, mine got a screw right in one of the center tread blocks, and was told it
Oil Filters
I used either SAE30 or in later years 20W-50 in deep South Texas - good to find another of like mind!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: anything that better then Pepto-Bismol ? by Nyogtha @ Today at 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: DonaldI would ask your primary care doctor. When I went to South Africa several years ago I got a shot (in my butt) and I think it was for malaria. As they say, don't drink the water. For that type of stuff, I go by the CD
Page 1 of 248 1 2 3 ... 247 248 >