by Charlie1935
02/13/16 04:46 PM
2011 Nissan Sentra CVT Fluid Change
by LexAtlanta
02/13/16 04:07 PM
For Sale: 2004 Ram 1500
by RamFan
02/13/16 02:10 PM
2005 Volvo S40 2.4i - Optimal Oil Choice?
by mgm7890
02/13/16 12:58 PM
Something for a quiet Saturday, vapors...
by OneEyeJack
02/13/16 12:33 PM
Ford guys: Crown Vic windshield washer not working
by Jimmy9190
02/13/16 12:08 PM
Very cold outside, vehicle sitting for a few day's
by 07titan
02/13/16 11:26 AM
Newest Members
Formula413, Cruzingoose, klob, beaglefet, bsmith3
56907 Registered Users
Who's Online
83 registered (2015_PSD, 69GTX, Berny, BikeWhisperer, bbhero, 10 invisible), 1542 Guests and 100 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56907 Members
66 Forums
244653 Topics
3985225 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need to replace plugs - cooper,Iridium, or Plat? by slacktide_bitog @ 1 minute 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Robenstein[quote=andyd]The one transverse v6 that is pretty easy to work on was the 3800 series GM's. If in a fullsize car it is a piece of cake to do the plugs. I just did a set on my father's Lesabre. Took less than an hour to
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Weapon Shield by Ws6 @ 1 minute 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: billt460Originally Posted By: Kamele0NYou would solve that "difficult bolt lift" with special malossi cvt grease....wich is basically lithium grease loaded with PTFE Or with bar oil mixed with LM MoS2 Or....with any g
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Life Monitor vs. Mileage vs. Time by 69GTX @ 6 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: 69GTXI wonder how much more advanced oil life algo's than when this paper was written 6 yrs ago? Some engines have actual dielectric sensors that attempt to determine the condition of oil.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by LexAtlanta @ 8 minutes 1 second ago

A constitutionalist......so true. The current administration thinks the constitution is a joke. America doesn't need another liberal anywhere in government much less on the Supreme Court. Hopefully the Republican controlled Congress can delay unti
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Input from Diesel truck owners by itguy08 @ 8 minutes 20 seconds ago

Ford will tow 26,500 on a 350 Dually and 31,200 on a F450 dually.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Low SAPS and engine protection by edyvw @ 8 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BobFoutOriginally Posted By: BobFoutIf there was a problem with low-SAPS oils, how does one explain the years of GF-4 and GF-5 oil usage (in non-European engines) with no issues... Anyone? I am not sure what is topic here
Jump to new posts Re: Need to replace plugs - cooper,Iridium, or Plat? by Robenstein @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andydBMW recommended Silver plugs Like copper but good for twice the miles. I would use the factory spec plug. I will not buy a transverse V6. Side wise 4s are bad enough to work on. The one transverse v6 that is pretty ea
Jump to new posts Re: Dumbest thing you have been told at a parts store by novadude @ 18 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cronkI once was in Autozone, trying to buy a transmission filter and pan gasket kit. The car was a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, the first year that model went to front wheel drive. The guy behind the counter tried to give m
Jump to new posts Re: Pentastar Cylinder Head, Service Writer Problems by demarpaint @ 19 minutes 3 seconds ago

I'm glad it worked out. If you were in fact 2 quarts low on oil they should have noticed it early in the week when they took it in to check and order parts. So I didn't believe that story, and why did they fix it and not deny the warranty for low oil
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by dave123 @ 20 minutes 24 seconds ago

Truly a sad day for America and what might happen.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by dblshock @ 20 minutes 28 seconds ago

good riddance.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Weapon Shield by Ws6 @ 21 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: billt460Ws6, If I may say so, that bolt carrier group and lower look bone dry, and lacking ANY lubrication. Naturally it's going to be difficult to clean. AR-15 rifles will always run better, and be easier to clean, if they're
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by dishdude @ 22 minutes 29 seconds ago

This nominating process will be a circus, the Republicans will try to block it until after the election. I then think the Democrats should block any nominations and we can keep going back and forth until there are no supreme court justices left.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by MrQuackers @ 23 minutes 39 seconds ago

How convenient.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Woman killed by flying manhole cover in Boston by Shannow @ 24 minutes 56 seconds ago

European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Low SAPS and engine protection by BobFout @ 26 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BobFoutIf there was a problem with low-SAPS oils, how does one explain the years of GF-4 and GF-5 oil usage (in non-European engines) with no issues... Anyone?
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to the thin oil movement? by Shannow @ 29 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jetronicbut the 10w30 in your rig has an HTHSof over 3.5, right? just like the 40w. the xw20 are around 2.6, if not under... okay if the oil stays cool enough only. Yes, there are proponents of thin oils that frequent the bo
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Dodge Caravan rear wheel locked up by NHGUY @ 29 minutes 32 seconds ago

Stuck wheel cylinder?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by NHGUY @ 30 minutes 19 seconds ago

If Ginsburg passes too,Obama will cement his legacy to be sure with 2 appointments.
Jump to new posts Re: Pentastar Cylinder Head, Service Writer Problems by Oldmoparguy1 @ 30 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Oscar_RuittAccording to the paperwork and what I was told, neither head was changed. Hopefully now that I'm driving it and changing the oil nothing else will go wrong (it was a rental for its forst 53k miles). I generally drive
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by VetteElite @ 31 minutes 37 seconds ago

This is some of the most unfortunate news I've heard in a long time. He was a friend of the constitution. The good news is, the longest Supreme Court vacancy ever was 28 months, so there is precedent to a long vacancy while the president and senate d
Jump to new posts Re: Very cold outside, vehicle sitting for a few day's by meborder @ 32 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bbheroWell it is quite cold in fact... It is 2 standard deviations from normal. Which means that it is in fact quite cold for a given time of year and given area. 3 standard deviations from normal is record cold or hot with the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by kschachn @ 32 minutes 34 seconds ago

More than a conservative, he was a strict constitutionalist whose opinions from the bench were legendary. He had no intellectual peer on that court.
Jump to new posts Re: Need to replace plugs - cooper,Iridium, or Plat? by wtd @ 34 minutes 5 seconds ago

My 98 K1500 chevy truck originally came with double platinum plugs. The AC-Delco recommended replacement plug in now an iridium. I just replaced the AC-Delco single platinum Rapid fire spark plugs in my 98 chevy K3500 with the Delco iridium plug an
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antonin Scalia is dead by LexAtlanta @ 37 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: skyactivI wish he lived another year. Me too. He was a good conservative appointed by Reagan. He will be missed........
Page 1 of 288 1 2 3 ... 287 288 >