Recent Topics
Will ATP205 help with a head oil leak
by NattyBoh
07/24/16 09:11 PM
Why is 100% gas more expensive in the city?
by TurboFiat124
07/24/16 09:06 PM
Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed
by NateDN10
07/24/16 08:58 PM
Murphy oil
by TurboFiat124
07/24/16 08:53 PM
I think I'm getting pure gas again
by eljefino
07/24/16 08:29 PM
CV boots ripped on Chevy Blazer
by dlundblad
07/24/16 07:02 PM
Built-in pour spout on Delvac jugs
by fdcg27
07/24/16 06:45 PM
Mobil 1 question
by Moondawg
07/24/16 06:36 PM
Mold & Moisture Resistant Drywall
by Warstud
07/24/16 06:36 PM
FRAM EG 3614, 5,000 miles, CUT OPEN
by car51
07/24/16 06:25 PM
FRAM XG2, 10,xxx miles CUT OPEN
by car51
07/24/16 05:33 PM
MC FL-820S, 7.6K miles, 2012 F-250
by car51
07/24/16 04:41 PM
Newest Members
NJ1911, SneakyTacos, DaveD, 8o8is, Texasdude74
58584 Registered Users
Who's Online
113 registered (alcyon, 2015_PSD, 4WD, 69GTX, 901Memphis, 8 invisible), 1777 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58584 Members
66 Forums
252208 Topics
4135885 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Shark bite+1 or ? Get plumber. When you heat pipe and solder hit joint with flux brush to move solder around and in to any gaps. If h20 is present it will bubble solder out of joint use flux brush to move solder around .if not cleaned well the join
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by jhellwig @ 2 minutes 42 seconds ago

Even if there isn't water in it if it is pooled next to it will boil and force steam out making it to cool to shoulder no mater how much you heat it.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil ultra 5w30 back in stock at Walmart.com by kohnen @ 3 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GREBOWAll jugs matter hehe It is not outward appearances but the contents within that truly matter.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by Chris142 @ 4 minutes 39 seconds ago

Most people try to solder with it still too dirty
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: My $250 Saturn climbed Mt Washington by madRiver @ 7 minutes 21 seconds ago

That's awesome. I have never done it and spent my Summer's nearby growing up. On $250 I think I spent that on my ski pack I use to hike up/carry boots and skis when ski down that mountain.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by spasm3 @ 11 minutes 23 seconds ago

Make sure there is no water in the pipe near where you are using solder. Use flux as mentioned above. If its clean, and you are using the correct flux and solder it should work. Make sure you don't move the joint while you are applying solder, and no
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by BigCahuna @ 12 minutes 47 seconds ago

You won't be able to sweat the joint if the valve is leaking. You only have to rough up the copper, and apply flux to prep it. Heat the copper fitting for a minute or more on the bottom or side . Remove the torch, and Touch the solder on the top of y
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Will ATP205 help with a head oil leak by NattyBoh @ 13 minutes 57 seconds ago

I think I'm loosing a little bit of oil from the head gasket area and was wondering if the ATP stuff would help with that? Seems to have good reviews...
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Evans vs Engine Ice vs Watter Wetter hot weather by andyd @ 15 minutes 8 seconds ago

If you run pure water , carry some with you in case of boiling over,
Jump to new posts Re: Which oil for my old BMW and why? by BrocLuno @ 17 minutes 3 seconds ago

Should work fine. You'll like it
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Re: Little specks in tractor fluid by Ohle_Manezzini @ 18 minutes 46 seconds ago

Graphite shines just like metal whenn imersed in oil.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Why is 100% gas more expensive in the city? by TurboFiat124 @ 18 minutes 47 seconds ago

I live in Kingsport TN. which is a average size city (~50,000 people) and 100% gasoline is like $1.00 more per gallon over E10 but just across the state line in rural SW Virginia, 100% gasoline is like 20 cents more per gallon over E10. So I typical
Jump to new posts Re: Sludged Frontier by Anthony @ 19 minutes 3 seconds ago

This is what my dads 01 Supercharged VG33 looked like at 255k. It now has 269k.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking About a New Bike by 02SE @ 19 minutes 11 seconds ago

I've been in a unique position to try lots of tires. I have family in the Motorcycle business, and lots of friends in the business in various forms. One of my friends is a tire dealer at a racetrack, so I've had the opportunity to try lots of tires w
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by Oldtom @ 19 minutes 33 seconds ago

Some things to try All fittings must be polished as bright as a new copper penny. Nothing else will work. Use temperature indicating solder flux. The color change will tell you when to apply the solder. Home cheepo and Lowes sell this. Remember
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by tomcat27 @ 20 minutes 33 seconds ago

clean the pipe and fitting with a green scrubby; use flux, heat the fitting and the pipe (focus on the heavier piece) feed the solder into the joint from the side opposite your flame - it should melt and wick into the joint. oh, make sure water
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: My $250 Saturn climbed Mt Washington by Berny @ 21 minutes 23 seconds ago

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.
Jump to new posts Re: 10W-30 a better choice then 5W-30 by Nickdfresh @ 21 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TiredTruckerProbably because a 10w30 usually has a lower NOACK rating compared to 5w30 of the same brand, along with fewer Viscosity improvers. Some full synthetic 10w30's have no need of any viscosity improvers. All of that a
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Recycling by WellOiled @ 24 minutes 11 seconds ago

The legal requirements of the law will be met by opening the ADBV in 3 or 4 places and place on a rack above a drain pan for 24 hours base down. The law does not say bone dry.
Jump to new posts Re: 10W-30 a better choice then 5W-30 by 4WD @ 25 minutes 45 seconds ago

That's been in the back of my mind for GDI engines - low NOACK, less VII, less SAP, more pure base fluids ... It just appears hard to tackle the problem with TTDG alone ...
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: I think I'm getting pure gas again by Quattro Pete @ 26 minutes 56 seconds ago

I can't tell based on mpg.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Trouble getting a copper pipe sweat fitting sealed by NateDN10 @ 27 minutes 1 second ago

Long story short, the shutoff valve on the output of my water heater wouldn't open back up after I closed it. I have copper pipes so naturally it's all sweat fittings. After dickering for awhile I decided to try to replace it myself (haven't worked w
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: I think I'm getting pure gas again by 4WD @ 30 minutes 4 seconds ago

If I leave now - can be there in a day. That's provided there are enough Walmarts to get a trailer full of gas cans.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Wonder if anyone with NASCAR has noticed... by JasonC @ 30 minutes 45 seconds ago

Nascar has become a total joke. The races are flat out boring. Just $25 million dollar revolving billboards.
Jump to new posts Re: How Realistic Is This Theory? by xtell @ 30 minutes 47 seconds ago

At that change interval, you will be removing any contaminants or wear particles that could cause any problems. Your engine will run for a long time and be clean with minimal wear no matter what properly rated/certified for your engine oil you use. U
Page 1 of 245 1 2 3 ... 244 245 >