by Char Baby
10/01/14 07:49 AM
Rockauto sent me the wrong part
by Klutch9
10/01/14 07:30 AM
Sibling rivalry
by supton
10/01/14 07:26 AM
Recalls - our reward card saved us ($10)
by Shannow
10/01/14 06:40 AM
Drawbacks of high detergent oil?
by Spetz
10/01/14 06:24 AM
10/1-11/16 5 qt's Napa Synthetic w/Silver OF$21.99
by tenderloin
10/01/14 02:45 AM
10/1-10/28 O'Reilly Sales Ad
by tenderloin
10/01/14 02:15 AM
Got the Hi-Power
by john_pifer
10/01/14 12:03 AM
Upgraded Mobil Jet Oil 387
by syfi
09/30/14 11:40 PM
klotz super techniplate feed back
by mcn1970
09/30/14 10:58 PM
ISIS appears 5 miles from Baghdad
by dave1251
09/30/14 10:34 PM
Newest Members
PAssatGuy, mcn1970, KCChemist, bbuice, Hemingway
51460 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (01_celica_gt, abycat, askani79705, 05LGTLtd, ARCOgraphite, 6 invisible), 1574 Guests and 180 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51460 Members
64 Forums
220068 Topics
3475031 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 13 Fusion 1.6L Ecoboost, Amsoil SS 5w20, 9.7/28.5k by badtlc @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: jeff7181Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteThat K # seems troubling. Leaky Turbo jacket? What's a turbo jacket? Sounds kinda like a "turbo blanket" but Ecoboost engines are not equipped with those, nor have I installe
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing brake fluid, clutch also? by michaelluscher @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

IIRC most hydraulic clutch systems just use brake fluid, because they're essentially brake systems in design. If its easy enough to change, why not.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts A few new Walmart oil prices by bigt61 @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

These were new to me: Pennzoil Plat Pure Plus 5 qt jug - $22.66 (same price as most of the Mobil 1 line inc 0W-20 & 15W-50) PP Ultra was a little over $27 - same as M1 EP M1 0W-40 Euro was $25.16 as were all the Valvoline Synpowers QSUD (Quaker
Jump to new posts Re: The recall merry-go-round spins again... by michaelluscher @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

My recent service experiences with my '13 300 would be in line with yours. They're trying.... I gotta give them that, but some of the engineering and build quality still isn't up to scratch, and no ones gonna take them seriously until they can make
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: When in D or O-D car won't accelerate beyond 25mph by 901Memphis @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Powersource has some of the best remanufactured transmissions in the business, but only go back to 1990 model year. Not sure if they are identical 88-90 but here's the pricing. http://bestrebuilttransmissions.com/ This is slightly more expensiv
Jump to new posts Re: Changing brake fluid, clutch also? by Darwin1138 @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: tommygunnDon't most of them share the reservoir? I've seen that on most manual transmission cars where the brake and clutch share the same fluid. Honda and Toyota definitely do this a lot. OP, what kind of car do you have? M
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Some interesting ford charts and commentary by babbittd @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

I have never seen Motorcraft Full Synthetic in a retail store, just the syn. blend. Do the dealerships have it?
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New 2012 Scag Tiger Cat ? by DSparks @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Tell him you will give him 5K cash and clean carb out and you wanna see it running b4 u pick it up/hand over payment.....if its 2 years old he is dying to get rid of it.....other than cleaning out carb everything should be fine...just my 2 cents...
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Kmart going out of business sales by babbittd @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Not sure if this is related to the stores that are being closed, but Kmart.com has PYB for $3.49 a quart, Pennzoil HM for $3.99 and Pennzoil Platinum for $4.99. Only a few weights though. http://www.kmart.com/search=motor%20oil?...ectType=CAT_REC
Jump to new posts Re: Speed Bleeders Honda Fit by tommygunn @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: bdcardinalI used the Dorman brand once, and they were junk. Now I will only use the Russell or Speed Bleeder brand ones now. They always come in pairs unless otherwise stated. What was wrong with the Dorman bleeders? Sp
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Michelin Pilot A/S 3's - Initial impressions by UG_Passat @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: RandOriginally Posted By: UG_Passatjust wait until winter.... hopefully you have snow tires. aside from maybe the compound... the lack thereof serious siping makes me think it's a 3-season tire. Not all all-seasons have sipi
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO too thin? by asharris7 @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

What's the NA Castrol made VI?
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts cleaning combustion chamber by james1950 @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

have any members noticed any benefits of removing cylinder head and cleaning out the combustion chamber deposits on a briggs flathead? i do not have a torque wrench so i may leave well enough alone.140 inch pounds is not much torque.thanks for any in
Jump to new posts Re: Smoke when stepping hard on gas after coasting by Merkava_4 @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: spasm3that sounds like valve stem seals. Worn valve stem seals will let oil into the combustion chamber after the engine is shut off and the car sits overnight. Worn piston rings will let oil into the combustion chamber when th
Jump to new posts Re: When in D or O-D car won't accelerate beyond 25mph by danthaman1980 @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: JasonTLCorvette Owner, I did read that as a possible reason, but I recently had the exhaust all the way back to the engine re-done. Nothing in that system should be having any issues. I found This video about the 4L60E (700R4,
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at getting a gaming laptop by Rand @ Yesterday at 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: redhatRand, where did you get the spec that said the 860M is 10% faster than the 560ti? It depends on the test. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-860M-vs-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti the 870m does however totally annihilate both of
Jump to new posts Re: Tire crashes through windshield, killing passenger by L_Sludger @ Yesterday at 02:46 PM

windshield crashes through passenger, killing tire passenger crashes through tire, killing windshield passenger crashes through windshield, killing tire windshield crashes through tire, killing passenger donate your body to physics!
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO too thin? by CATERHAM @ Yesterday at 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: asharris7They don't, but only the Honda Canada is thin like tgmo But the engines are the same, so that wouldn't bother me Exactly, and in Europe the Castrol made Honda 0W-20 also is formulat
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Kawasaki reveals most powerful motorcycle ever ! by gman2304 @ Yesterday at 02:44 PM

Kawasaki and Suzuki have been back and forth in the HP wars for decades. I'm sure Suzuki will come out with a rebuttal in a few months.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Kawasaki reveals most powerful motorcycle ever ! by NHGUY @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

I thought the most powerful was the never made for production Dodge Tomahawk V10?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Michelin Pilot A/S 3's - Initial impressions by Rand @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: UG_Passatjust wait until winter.... hopefully you have snow tires. aside from maybe the compound... the lack thereof serious siping makes me think it's a 3-season tire. Not all all-seasons have siping... only the better ones
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO too thin? by kschachn @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

Dude, really? Come on, your engine specs the weight and you're using it. Are you not getting the answers you're looking for in this thread? Originally Posted By: BTLew81Would the TGMO be ok to run in Chicago summer, or do you prefer something thicke
Jump to new posts Re: The recall merry-go-round spins again... by Rand @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

this is a whole byproduct of the ever increase CAFE and the search for that last MPG... and cheapness. That and the whole bean counter mentality. Part A has been around for 20 years in various forms.. works great. Part B can be made 5% cheaper and
Jump to new posts Re: Changing brake fluid, clutch also? by kschachn @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Say what? The brake/clutch fluid? Originally Posted By: KitaCamThe Camry has no "in-engine bay" reservoir. It's under the engine...you stick your finger in the upper of two bolt holes and if you feel it it's fine... When I bought the 8-ye
Jump to new posts Re: The recall merry-go-round spins again... by NHGUY @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Cant beat a 3 speed hydraulic control TorqueFlite and an external ASD relay....we are supposed to forget about those with all these fancy 300hp/VVT/HEMI/MDS/AWD/SRS/ABS technology packed computers rolling around now.Bet you remember that old stuff wh
Page 32 of 83 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 82 83 >