by Nick1994
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Ordered Archoil
by domer10
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Mobil 1 0W30 AFE 6020 Miles 06 Toyota Tacoma V6
by qnyla
Yesterday at 10:14 PM
Trip to NAPA today - new oil buying paradigm?
by SilverC6
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
PWC ramp/dock
by Barkleymut
Yesterday at 09:56 PM
15w40 Supertech
by Mackelroy
Yesterday at 09:45 PM
Rebuilt engine warranty
by Stelth
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
1997 Honda Civic EX 1.6L VTEC help
by Truck25Engine
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
Newest Members
Defrazie, greenglower, rboone, Williema, mrpowderkeg
49669 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (147_Grain, chrome, AndrewD, edhackett, 2 invisible), 665 Guests and 195 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49669 Members
64 Forums
212306 Topics
3327899 Posts

Max Online: 2651 @ 04/21/14 04:38 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: BMW dropping Castrol by BMWTurboDzl @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: virginoilIs this going to flow on world wide or is it just North America only ? Maybe they are chasing a better 0w-20 the most popular grade there. Not sure. I suppose baring a worldwide notice we would know if their DTM team
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Buick 4T65E hard shift *LONG* by rshaw125 @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Looks like it's new transmission time. I had the car scanned again for generic and Enhanced OBD codes. Interesting setup. Bluetooth adapter on the OBD port and the guy used his laptop to run a professional software package. No codes. I am going to
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 question by Le_bow_ski @ Yesterday at 10:23 AM

You are incorrect about both the inability of small perforations being unable to pass significant flows in comparison to filter media, and about hysteria (your characterization) over the substandard performance of purolator filters. In the case of
Jump to new posts Re: Stay with Dexron 3 or go with Dexron 6 by Bgallagher @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: WarstudDexIII & Lubegard... +1 My Malibu didn't shift as nicely when I flushed it with D-VI versus D-III. Flushed it again with supertech D-III and it shifts beautifully. LGR made it shift even more crisp. Not lazy but
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Selling aluminum cans by surfstar @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

http://yadayadayadaecon.com/clip/76/ "Kramer and Newman hatch a scheme to arbitrage bottles from NY, where the deposit is 5 cents, to Michigan, where the deposit is 10 cents."
Jump to new posts Re: Dex VI in older high mileage Chevy truck by tommygunn @ Yesterday at 10:17 AM

As far as replacing the gasket, it depends on how short the series is. If you drain it again after like 5k then you don't really need a new one. Fortunately, you can probably get an aftermarket transmission pan that includes a drain plug, so future
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Propane tank gas level indicators? by Quattro Pete @ Yesterday at 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: DBMasterKeep a spare tank on hand (filled, of course) and don't worry about gauges or weighing. It's not just about that. You don't want to have to swap out tanks while you're in the middle of searing your steaks.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: X-1R Engine Treatment? by Camman @ Yesterday at 10:12 AM

Hello Dailydriver, great question. The product we tested were tri-nuclear moly, we had seen some great load rate tests and followed up with some compatibility testing in engine oils and gear oils. We were very impressed with the results. We followe
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: BG MOA oil additives!!! by kschachn @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

A "great price" and "excellent" when you can get it locally for what, $0.75 more? Not bashing the seller but doesn't make sense. Originally Posted By: FowVayThat's a great price. The stuff sells for $14,95 locally where I li
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 question by Wilhelm_D @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Le_bow_skiA tear provides a very low resistance path for oil flow in comparison to flow through the filter media, and so will pass a significant amount of unfiltered oil. Consider the volume going through the filter. Then look
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Mills Fleet Farm firearms policy by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: hattOriginally Posted By: JHZR2 Point is? You must have missed everything I wrote before. Rates are MUCH higher in the inner city, with young people of color, etc. This stuff has been analyzed time and time again. Pull the
Jump to new posts Re: Mills Fleet Farm firearms policy by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By: hattQuote: You really want fifteen of these folks spewing bullets from every direction at you and your kids when caught in a crossfire? So a free-for-all for everyone carrying, because of issues of human irresponsibility, menta
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Accord Timing Belt by surfstar @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

I'd gamble and wait another 5 years. That's seriously low mileage. And yeah, its a $1000-1200 job when you add all the extras in.
Power Sports
Jump to new posts Re: New toy for the garage: needs a full service. by JD4440 @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

Well I decided to use some T6 since I have the other oil for other things. I guess the main question now is about the seafoam/engine flush. Also, capacity listings online list a gearcase capacity of 6.4 oz. I'm assuming that's for 4wd models ?
Jump to new posts Re: Mills Fleet Farm firearms policy by hatt @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2 Point is? You must have missed everything I wrote before. Rates are MUCH higher in the inner city, with young people of color, etc. This stuff has been analyzed time and time again. Pull the inner cities out of the mi
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car Leasing by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

I can agree with most on here...but as a few people have said, it can depend... I have a buddy who works many hours in downtown Detriot. His last few cars have been leases, usually with everything included. His wife's car was bought, and it pretty
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: newer tire in the back arguement by IndyIan @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

You can switch them yourself and do some testing to see if it matters. 1/2 worn maybe the point where wet traction does start to drop significantly. Go to an industrial park in the rain and try to put it sideways in the corners, you'll know then fo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Malaysia Airlines 777 loses contact...not found by morepwr @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

You never hear about the plane on the news now since that ship sank. I did find some info that about 2/3rds of the newer search area has been scanned with that remote sub but nothing has been found yet.
Jump to new posts Re: Mills Fleet Farm firearms policy by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: hattSome of the tightest gun control in the country: http://chicago.cbslocal.com Quote:CHICAGO (CBS) – Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said a bloody holiday weekend that saw at least eight people shot and killed and dozens othe
Jump to new posts Re: Mills Fleet Farm firearms policy by hatt @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

Some of the tightest gun control in the country: http://chicago.cbslocal.com Quote:CHICAGO (CBS) – Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said a bloody holiday weekend that saw at least eight people shot and killed and dozens others wounded “doesn’t wipe o
Jump to new posts Re: Right handed, left eyed by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: FleetmonI've always shot with both eyes open. I don't think there's a right way or a wrong way as long as you can hit your target but I think it's better with both eyes open and that's how I teach my grandkids. Both eyes open
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: please recommend a poa low saps oil mb 229.51 by Quattro Pete @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: tudorartAnyway if anyone needs PAO or gr III content on M1 oils let me know as they show up on my MSDS's. Yes. Can you look up M1 Formula M 5w-40 (not the ESP version)? Also, how about the whole M1 EP lineup? What's the PAO
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: BG MOA oil additives!!! by loyd @ Yesterday at 09:33 AM

On ebay, $9.95 each and free espedited shipping!
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Reputable info on minivans?? by IndyIan @ Yesterday at 09:33 AM

You wouldn't be tempted by a used E class wagon? They seat 7 in pinch too. I guess if it was 1992, it would be a more logical option, now they are too complicated to be cost effective as they age. Anyways, back to minivans, I imagine Chrysler will
Jump to new posts Re: 07 Ford Fusion4 cyl 5 speed Auto FNR5 Trans Fluid by il_signore97 @ Yesterday at 09:31 AM

To re-iterate bdcardinal's post... You must only use Mazda 5 (M V) fluid in the FNR5 tranny. Your dipstick is stamped "M V" meaning Mazda 5 (M5) fluid, NOT Mercon V. It is confusing, especially since it is on a Ford vehicle, however, do
Page 32 of 80 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 79 80 >