Recent Topics
Ariens Snowblower Issue
by My442
2 minutes 54 seconds ago
going back to green.
by chaindrive
4 minutes 34 seconds ago
3rd time's the charm (Cruze water pump)?
by sciphi
Today at 12:58 PM
Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 router <90$ walmart YMMV
by Rand
Today at 12:33 PM
Barn car tires worth saving?
by subaru1991
Today at 12:32 PM
Dexos 1 Question
by Sierra048
Today at 12:08 PM
Black friday computer kit for me Deals
by oilboy123
Today at 11:46 AM
What fluid for my Acura TL 6MT SH-awd
by PeterGreen
Today at 11:08 AM
Purolator PSL24651, 6000 miles, Ram 4.7, M1 0w20
by 440Magnum
Today at 10:40 AM
E10 in 2013 Honda Accord sport
by Mark72
Today at 10:17 AM
A question: 2 cycle oil and octane level
by Mephy
Today at 10:13 AM
Is the G-Oil hype over with
by MalfunctionProne
Today at 09:59 AM
Newest Members
GON, Jo5eph, Kernel, EdBurns, wolf9832
52014 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (Atlantis, 147_Grain, Bookmaker, 4wheeldog, bluesubie, 10 invisible), 1754 Guests and 163 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52014 Members
66 Forums
222718 Topics
3525878 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Best wiper blades? by DBMaster @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: RF OverlordI've tried Trico blades, Walmart blades, Michelin blades, Bosch Micro Edge XL (not cheap) blades. None of them work worth a darn on my 2000 Grand Marquis. They all streak and chatter. I even replaced the arms and used
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: help me decide by tommygunn @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

Out of the tires you listed, I'd take the RT43. The good news is that 195/60-15 has plenty of options, like these: Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum Dunlop Signature II Goodyear Fuel Max ($40 rebate on a set of 4) Goodyear's Integrity is being replaced with
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: What are we all running in our differentials ? by SS1970chrysler @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

Service Pro 80w-90 in my Lincoln and 63 Chrysler
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about stolen cars by 3800Series @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

99% of the time police will not go out of thier way to search for a stolen car. Most are recovered abandoned with tow notice. Best case they simply used it for what the needed and parked it a few miles away from the final destination or in a ally.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: new adblocker for Firefox beats Adblock by Quattro Pete @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: GGorman04Would this be used in conjunction with ad blocker or instead of? As its name states, Adguard AdBlocker is an ad blocker so you use it instead of.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW Oil Conversation - why 40 weight? by Quattro Pete @ Yesterday at 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: weasleyWell if you're playing that game, 504 00/507 00 beats them all (yes, even though it is a lower SAPS product), so why not go for that one? Because low SAPS oils have a tough time making it through the full OCI here in the
Jump to new posts Re: Best wiper blades? by RF Overlord @ Yesterday at 09:50 AM

I've tried Trico blades, Walmart blades, Michelin blades, Bosch Micro Edge XL (not cheap) blades. None of them work worth a darn on my 2000 Grand Marquis. They all streak and chatter. I even replaced the arms and used a Rain-X Deep Cleaning windshiel
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about stolen cars by AandPDan @ Yesterday at 09:49 AM

I've had a car stolen from my driveway as well. The police will put it into their system but finding it seems to be a matter of luck. My car was found 29 days later in Dorcester, MA. It was sitting on a public street, with all the windows smashed
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Time to brine the turkey! by spasm3 @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniacI'm not a fan of the taste of turkey, and brining doesn't do enough to take away the gamey flavor. This year, I'm marinating it in mojo marinade. It has been sitting in it since Monday. Smoking( the turkey) wil
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: best 0w40 -5w40 diesel engine oil ?! by TiredTrucker @ Yesterday at 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: TiredTruckerThat kind of cold... this is why I got sold on oil pan heaters when I lived in Alaska. Still, decades later, I still use them. Every vehicle and piece of ag equipment with a sump has an
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Very Tempted but Sailun Tires by L_Sludger @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

Since it's an unknown brand in the States you're going to be a guinea pig for them if you go with it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Let's talk about stolen cars by MalfunctionProne @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Two days ago, my car was stolen from right in front of my apartment building overnight in this dump of a city. I have never had a car stolen before in my life. It is now reported stolen, and I wonder if I will ever see
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Thanksgiving by mobilaltima @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope yall all have a safe and joyous day. My morning started out the bitog way, working on my truck, but the rest of the day will be centered around family and friends.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Spicing up my chili by racer12306 @ Yesterday at 09:39 AM

Thanks. Any thoughts on how much chocolate to use on such a large batch? I'm thinking just a couple tablespoons, 2 maybe 3 max.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How come cops don't always pull people over? by spasm3 @ Yesterday at 09:39 AM

Some cars just draw attention. My ciera hardly gets noticed, the paint is bad and it looks like its going slow even at 80.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Very Tempted but Sailun Tires by rjundi @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

There is a black Friday special going on at local tire chain. Buy two tires get two tires free for "value brands". I don't need but always wanted winter tires for my MDX with oddball 255/55R18 that are typically expensive. Approx $170-$200
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Control Module issues. Trusted Rebuilders? by RF Overlord @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

BBA Remanufacturing Inc 300 Myles Standish Blvd Taunton, MA 02780 Toll Free: 1 (866) 573 - 2740 I have a friend with a BMW 528i who has used them and was happy.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How come cops don't always pull people over? by MalfunctionProne @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: DBMasterOriginally Posted By: MalfunctionProneOriginally Posted By: DBMasterThis is not exactly what I meant when I spoke of "simple" speeding. Driving at speeds like that on public highways with other cars on the roa
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What oil to use for an Aristo 2JZ-GTE VVT-i ? by afree @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM

Ah, my apologies. Apparently I can't read lol
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 40K miles, no oil change, engine seized, Yikes! by TiredTrucker @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

Not quite an apples to apples comparison, but Detroit now has a 50,000 mile / 1280 hr oil change interval recommendation on it's DD15 engine. A Cummins N-14 I had was taken to 1.4 million miles, getting 30,000 mile OCI's, on Kendall conventional 15w
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: LubriMoly-MOS & Filter Question by vintageant @ Yesterday at 09:28 AM

Thanks John_Conrad! Are you using Motor Oil Saver on your 307,000 mile engine for any of the reasons LM MOS mentions? - reduces oil consumption via the piston rings and valve guides - prevents blue, smoky exhaust fumes - prevents leaks due to leaks
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Kitchen floor grout question by DBMaster @ Yesterday at 09:25 AM

In JTK's situation I do actually think an annual grout sealing would be helpful. With an applicator bottle it isn't difficult at all. If I had light colored floor grout I would do it.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Ingersoll Rand 780 ft lb cordless 1/2in impact WOW by RF Overlord @ Yesterday at 09:25 AM

Awesome...thanks.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 0W-20 on cars calling for a 30 weight oil. by RF Overlord @ Yesterday at 09:24 AM

I, too, would like to know what benefit the OP is seeking by using 0W-20, especially if it's not a common grade in Greece.
Jump to new posts Re: How long do you keep your cars? by CBR.worm @ Yesterday at 09:23 AM

For me it varies greatly. I usually buy my vehicles new and drive them to about 200k miles. In some cases that takes 5 years, in others 10+. I typically have two or three of my own at a time. I also have in one case, bought a new truck and sold i
Page 32 of 57 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 56 57 >