10/31/14 09:50 PM
brake squeak left turn.
by wrcsixeight
10/31/14 09:40 PM
Newest Members
joyridin83, NH73, Blkflg, steam_soldier, Ben_SC
51763 Registered Users
Who's Online
54 registered (05LGTLtd, Alamogunr, andyd, 2009Edge, 3800Series, ArtDart, 5 invisible), 951 Guests and 173 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51763 Members
64 Forums
221502 Topics
3502822 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Stainless Steel, Reusable Oil Filter Information by splinter @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: BrotherMichigan..I don't believe the claims these filters make for a second.. Yeah keep on with that train of thought.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: I made the switch to pennzoil... by John_Conrad @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: HokiefydI very often perceive a difference with different motor oils. I personally believe it to be due to the additive packages used by different brands. I don't believe that it's viscosity...noise on certain oils seems to be
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Accord Hybrid by Nebroch @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: bepperbIt's quite similar in operation to the Volt. It's funny Ford and Toyota have a similar system, now GM and Honda do as well. Do with that what you will, I don't want to offend half the board. I think Volt is closer to T
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by BowNisPar @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223To preface I am usually never late, but I started sending paper checks out again because of all the recent online theft. Sent them a dbl payment because I had a big expense on the doctor last month for my 2 daughters.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by AandPDan @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

Wait, didn't you even get a notice saying that you were late and the power was going to be shut off? Something doesn't sound right. Companies don't care about anything anymore. It's all how much you can get from your customer. Now they have us pa
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Stainless Steel, Reusable Oil Filter Information by BrotherMichigan @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

Does anyone happen to have a link to any sort of laboratory testing regarding the characteristics of stainless steel oil filters? I'm a member of a popular forum for small displacement Kawasaki sportbikes and there's a thread going on regarding "
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 dead car batteries, not charging by cutchemist42 @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: EdwardCFew questions first: What is the present voltage of the batteries? Does your charger indicate any current output when you connect it up? An easy test to see if the charger is doing anything is to measure the voltage
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by jcwit @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

Get ahold of y0ur states regulatory agency and the state A/G, and your Representatives. May help, may not, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: One Of The Worst Car Articles I've Ever Read by d00df00d @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralNot only poor choice in cars, but the writing is awful. "Known for exploding on rear impact, the safety risks were plentiful." No, dummy, the risks were not known for exploding on impact, the car was (if i
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by SrDriver @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

Good friend and wife got fed up and moved to Alaska and dropped of the grid. Would be tempting if my wife and I were younger. Seems that they can get in a hurry to shut it off but not in a hurry to restore services?
Jump to new posts Re: I made the switch to pennzoil... by SuzukiGoat @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: DannoI'd run 5W-30 PP year around and sleep well at night. You might...but I won't. 5w30 is rated only to 56 degrees or so by suzuki. And they only rate 10w30 to 86ish. Only recommendation I've ever seen that acknowledges
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by Thermo1223 @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

To preface I am usually never late, but I started sending paper checks out again because of all the recent online theft. Sent them a dbl payment because I had a big expense on the doctor last month for my 2 daughters. I had to pay our ins deductible
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: K&N Powersports Oil Filters by Franklim @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

All my 6 KN-138 are made in China as well. I have used 3 of them so far with no problem. After finishing all, back to OEM oil filter for me.
Jump to new posts Re: I made the switch to pennzoil... by Hokiefyd @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

I very often perceive a difference with different motor oils. I personally believe it to be due to the additive packages used by different brands. I don't believe that it's viscosity...noise on certain oils seems to be relatively constant across a
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW Oil Conversation - why 40 weight? by edyvw @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: SandCastleWhy do you suppose VW persists with the 40 weight oil specification (VW 502 00), when many competitors have been specifying 20 weight oils for many years with good engine longevity? Do passenger cars like the Passat an
Jump to new posts Re: PP 5w30 vs M1 0w30 AFE by meborder @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM My hunch is that there is likely no significant difference between the two oils at temp's down to the -20C the OP is inquired about. to be clear, I'm not concerned about -20įC (that's only -4įF -- easy peasy) no moder
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by leeharvey418 @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: grampiIsn't the rubber from old tires reused to make new ones? I know that they're used in manufacture of agricultural and other off-road tires, as well as several different building products. I don't think they make good mat
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone run Nokianís year round? by leeharvey418 @ Yesterday at 09:31 AM

I had the WR G2 SUV on my RAV4 for about two years and 50,000 miles. They were excellent in the snow the first year, and passable the second - once the surface siping is worn off, they aren't a whole lot better than any other all-season tire. Wet g
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Eric Frein CAPTURED by Thermo1223 @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

He pretty much gave up & just surrendered. It is getting cold in PA and he is not the "survivalist" he thought he was. Judging by his arrest photo's he lost some weight in the woods. That and he stayed close to home...
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone run Nokianís year round? by supton @ Yesterday at 09:28 AM

What is the tread rating? I ran the WRG2's once and found tread life lacking. 30k and done. At the time I was doing something like 30k/year so it would have worked ok--new set every fall. I think they got noisy towards the end though. In the end
Jump to new posts Re: dusty conditions & OCI by meborder @ Yesterday at 09:27 AM

it sure could.... I think I'm going to start with the filter gauge as suggested. they are less than $20 and easy enough to install if you have a spot for them. the more I think about this, and with evidence from two UOA's (soon to be three), dust
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Dodge Charger- Early 50th present to me by JTK @ Yesterday at 09:26 AM

Great looking car! Love it. Great color and the price sure was right. Probably want to look into snow tires for the winter unfortunately.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone using Hornady Custom? by bubbatime @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Yeah it's an ok bullet. I would feel fine carrying them. But there is better stuff out there, for the same price and cheaper. Might as well carry the better bullet, especially if the price is cheaper or similar. In .380, xtp is considered the best
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Anyone run Nokianís year round? by Picky1 @ Yesterday at 09:21 AM

I have been thinking about replacing the A/S tires on my Subaru Legacy and narrowed it down to Continental Pure Contact or the Pirelli P7 All Seasons Plus. However, I am still concerned about snow traction and really do not want to run a dedicated s
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Storing Car in Storage Facility by Nate1979 @ Yesterday at 09:19 AM

Old oil is more corrosive than new oil.
Page 32 of 67 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66 67 >