05/05/16 10:50 PM
Mobil 1 or Castrol edge?
by sky06
05/05/16 09:48 PM
Newest Members
waldawg, Defcon, drivingaford, funkyheff, Ralph62
57814 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (15SilvyEcotec, AirgunSavant, Alfred_B, Al, 901Memphis, ARCOgraphite, 7 invisible), 0 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57814 Members
66 Forums
248543 Topics
4065189 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Powershift Gearbox Class Action (Oz) by Thermo1223 @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

So you are basically telling me I'm screwed lol Clutches were just replaced at 52k... 2013 Ford Fiesta
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hemorrhoids ? by Digital2k2 @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

Forgot to mention that you can also draw a warm bath with just enough water to soak the effected area and add epsom salt. Another option is to get a sitz bath which is a little plastic bowl that fits over your toilet to soak in with epsom salt. Pre
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: SAE 10 motor oil? by Shannow @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

FCD, here's a pretty current Mercedes Benz sheet which shows how they would (currently/recently) limit the application of a 10W...note that it's curren't and that all of the monogrades have some specific ranges....that's their weakness, that was solv
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Ram question/issue..... by Californiabob @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

run memtest for at least one pass (any errors will show up in this one pass). Then get a CPU monitor program to monitor the temps. run your "hot" video and see what temp it is. then clean the dust bunnies around the CPU and cooler and all
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil M1-110 or Fram Ultra XG7317 ? by micmac @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

The XG is a good filter, and cheaper. I had a UOA done after using an XG for 15000 miles, and there were no signs of problems with filtration. Less than $8 for the Fram http://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=xg7317
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Medical Errors No. 3 Cause of U.S. Deathss by R80RS @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DannoMaybe because all the other causes of death have been reduced to the point where errors are now hitting top 3? +1
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Reccomend me how often to wax my car by SirTanon @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: 2010CivicHow well you prep the surface before waxing also plays a role in how long the wax will last. This is a major factor here, and is so often overlooked and misunderstood. If you have the time, equipment, and patience,
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2001 Mazda Tribute atf by urrlord @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric SmithDid you get the intermittent bad idle fixed? Ours did a loop.. high.. low .. high.. low. Turns out was caused by the PS pressure sensor. It's located right by the left hand COP. I'll admit ours has had a few issue's bu
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Originally Posted By: Michael_PWhere's the magnesium and sodium? Low moly and ZDDP. Looking at additives and wear metals and the fact this is a diesel, I would switch oils. There are better Xw30 oils for this engine. Delo comes to mind. Low SAPS A
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Napa syn $2.99 qt. by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: steve20I've purchased NAPA Syn many times over the years, and have been very happy with its performance. I bought so much last time it was on sale, which is several times each year (seems like each time it is a different price)-
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Caitlyn Jenner Will Pose Nude For S.I. by CharlieBauer @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: WinThe obvious response is that existing potential dangers do not justify creation of a new and additional potential danger when balanced against the real or imagined benefit an extremely small percentage of the population may a
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Great presentation on ATF by Koz1 @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauerIMO ChrisFix is the best YouTube mechanic. He has the best camerawork, hits all the relevant details and explains things very clearly. His ATF video is very good seeing it is an unclear topic with a lot of opinions.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil1HM 10w-30 vs. 10w-40 in reducing leaks by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

My choice would also be Maxlife.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Caitlyn Jenner Will Pose Nude For S.I. by JennyHemi @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: surfstarOriginally Posted By: JennyHemiI wish this thread had stayed about Caitlyn Jenner/Sports Illustrated... and the issues about bathroom laws had become a separate thread. Both are worthy of discussion, but don't necessaril
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil M1-110 or Fram Ultra XG7317 ? by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 03:28 PM

Both filters are high quality. Get whichever is the better price or on sale. BTW, the M1 is also made by Fram
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil M1-110 or Fram Ultra XG7317 ? by Kawiguy454 @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

I would stay with the M1 if you dont have a reason to change. That would be the oil I use and you could probably go more than one season on it. The m1-110 is pretty small I use it on one of my bikes. If you have more room a m1-104,105 or 210 will fi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone remember "in living color" ? by Koz1 @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: fdcg27When I saw your thread title, I thought of a band, the premier song of which was "Cult of Personality". Still have this on cassette. Not too many of our cars accommodate that format these days.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cel P0170&P0172 coming on & off by nthach @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

Do a valve adjustment first, then run a bottle of good FI cleaner and check your plugs. Hondas need to have regular valve adjustments. Also, the non-fouler trick has no place on a modern OBD-II car with air/fuel sensors - and Honda was also first t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil M1-110 or Fram Ultra XG7317 ? by Koz1 @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

I used to use M1 now I use Ultras.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil M1-110 or Fram Ultra XG7317 ? by ZeeOSix @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

I'd say they are both very good quality filters, but the XG is a bit more efficient than the M1. XG is also full synthetic and might flow a bit better since the M1 is a blend media - 15W-50 is pretty thick oil. Both would do a fine job, and both ov
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Caitlyn Jenner Will Pose Nude For S.I. by Koz1 @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

I dont want to see her cause shes Ugly. Gay people are Gay no joke. Some take longer than others, its life. Sad that some mess up families instead of just being Gay. I dont like using Gay as Gay means Happy and Bitog censors the right word. Cheers.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Audi S3 - EA888 Gen 3 - Factory Fill - 2007mi by bluesubie @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Or a maybe factory fill xW40 that sheared to a 30 grade? I have a uoa from my wife's V6 Q5 here on dealer Castrol 5W-40 and the viscosity was 10.7 at 5,500 miles. This was the regular Castrol before the dealers switched to the reduced SAPS oil.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
This is really an issue? I've been riding bikes since Dick Nixon was president, crossed the country a few times - designated mc parking was never a criteria I used to judge anything. I really don't need 3rd sex bathrooms or designated MC parking,
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Neglected Can Am Spyder by Panzerman @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Yes it's coming back on a trailer with a 1984 Honda 250R he had too. He is up for early release in 2028. He will probably get it. He is actually really smart guy and teaching algebra in prison. He was a non volient offender so he will probably get ou
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Medical Errors No. 3 Cause of U.S. Deathss by Leo99 @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

My company develops new drugs and the FDA shot down our name for the drug because they said that, due to doctor's poor penmanship on Rx, it could be confused with another drug. My understanding is that FDA actually has people intentionally use slopp
Page 32 of 85 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 84 85 >