by Pop_Rivit
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
Creaking sound after lower control arm replacement
by WeenieHutJr
Yesterday at 09:20 PM
weird disclaimer on water heater anode
by friendly_jacek
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
The story behind the 427 SOHC (Ford's Cammer)
by OVERKILL
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
best brand ac compressor?
by FLORIDA
Yesterday at 08:06 PM
Does SAE grad even matter in a splash lubed engine
by fdcg27
Yesterday at 07:54 PM
how screwed am I here....
by Spawne32
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
The Perfect Answer for OS Evangelists
by javacontour
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
Pick or Choose One
by L_Sludger
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
Newest Members
tomlct, geeboss, jerryvang, carguru, Uol
51039 Registered Users
Who's Online
23 registered (CapriRacer, CaspianM, dnewton3, dec219644, Astro14, Clubber_Lang, 2 invisible), 717 Guests and 213 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51039 Members
64 Forums
218130 Topics
3438517 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline Max Life Semi Update by Hokiefyd @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

I've never heard of a GM Ecotec engine "abusing" its oil like this. I think I'd join others in recommending short oil changes for the next while. Do you ever get a clue of the clumping on the dipstick? Does the oil get black quickly on t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hoping you really love winter... by grampi @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: suptonI don't recall last winter being that bad. Snowed a few times, got cold a couple of times, but other than the typical winter blues I didn't think much of it. But I think I'll go back to looking at snow tires. Again. Th
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: amsoil ATM 10w30 virgin sample result by pb @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteThat P must be an error given the high Zn and that this EP is a compound, unless something other than classic ZddP - which I couldn't imagine - is in this formulation. ATM has been a great longlife oil std by which
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Acura RDX loaded AWD 95K for $13000 by D189379 @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: HokiefydIndeed it does. It does allow the use of Mobil 1's "equivalent", though. I suspect that the owner's manual requires something like "Mobil 1 or any oil that meets HTO-06". Last time I checked, on
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving WALL of SHAME! by SHOZ @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

LE are too busy using their phone or on their computer.
Jump to new posts Re: Havoline conventional by Hokiefyd @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

I think the difference between Havoline and Chevron seems to be based in regional marketing rather than actual physical distinctions between the products. Western states tend to get Chevron-labeled products (including Chevron gas stations), and east
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving WALL of SHAME! by grampi @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

More stupid things I see drivers do in the Chicagoland area...people trying to pull out of a parking lot onto a very busy 4 lane street and trying to turn left...why they don't just turn right out of the parking lot and then catch a left at the next
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Steel vs. Alloy for Winter Use? by supton @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

I've wondered about buying new a/s for winter, at the start. Either replace every fall, or buy a new set and keep the old tires, and swap back to old tires come spring. Although, something that dawned on me the other day, I wonder if you could buy
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Acura RDX loaded AWD 95K for $13000 by D189379 @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

We have an 08 tech with just over 100K miles. It hasn't been in for any unscheduled repairs so far. I just did the first brake job at the beginning of this summer. I really don't see any issue pushing ours another 100k. It still feels strong. I usu
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Acura RDX loaded AWD 95K for $13000 by Hokiefyd @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

Indeed it does. It does allow the use of Mobil 1's "equivalent", though. I suspect that the owner's manual requires something like "Mobil 1 or any oil that meets HTO-06".
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Tufoil by Mystic @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

Good job guys! We can catch that guy so quickly now it is not even fun anymore. He is so yesterday's news.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hoping you really love winter... by supton @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

I don't recall last winter being that bad. Snowed a few times, got cold a couple of times, but other than the typical winter blues I didn't think much of it. But I think I'll go back to looking at snow tires. Again. That reminds me, I oughta look
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New Tires for 2014 Mazda 6 - my research... by rhhsiao @ Yesterday at 11:05 AM

Update: Discount Tire Direct is doing a massive sale on select tires. The best deals right now are on Yokohamas. The Yokohama YK580s get up to $220 in rebates if you use the DTD credit card.
Jump to new posts Re: Ht/Hs value of valvoline vr1 10w30 conventional by A_Harman @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Maybe it's a little low for a 10w30, but basically middle of the road for 30-grades.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ridgeline leaking coolant? by supton @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

I'd think of using a bicycle tube and some hose clamps, pump it up and see if it holds air pressure. Squirt with soapy water if necessary. What washers are you going to use? I know the problem was disimilar metals, wanted to make sure you had that
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Acura RDX loaded AWD 95K for $13000 by D189379 @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: kschachnLmao, some of the stuff you say. Perhaps you were thinking of HTO-06 instead. Originally Posted By: Ram01Go for it nice vehicle and the motor should be spotless since it requires Mobil 1 To be fair, it does say Mobi
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: SAE 40 options by Oldmoparguy1 @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Our local WM has ACCELL ND in 30 & 40 weight. Wayne
Jump to new posts Re: Ht/Hs value of valvoline vr1 10w30 conventional by GatorJoe @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

My first thought is that it seems a little low for what it is. But apparently not.
Jump to new posts Re: Ht/Hs value of valvoline vr1 10w30 conventional by A_Harman @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Thanks for this, Joe. I have been wondering about this oil. I run it in my old GMC pickup with the 307 SBC, and in my riding mower.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Steel vs. Alloy for Winter Use? by Traction @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: badtlcThis can't be serious. Snow tires in KC? It is too warm for snow tires in KC. You'd have to take the wheels off every weekend. After last winter I would want them in Atlanta.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving WALL of SHAME! by grampi @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: pandus13this morning: lady in mitsu outlander nearly got my left side. phewwwwwww! good reflexes and a red car.. 12 minutes after... guy in subaru wagon, almost nails the same left side. he was doing lefty/righty all over 4 lan
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 3.6L pentastar set-up by demarpaint @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: LCSome of the cap cracking issues were from using the wrong filter also. Chrysler made a change in 2013 I believe and some of owners of the 2014 had gotten the wrong filter thus causing the cap to crack when they tightened it. I
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota has massive profits by supton @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: mcrnI think Toyotas are good cars. I just do not think they are the head of their class any more. Especially when it comes to the feeling of the interior. To me the newer Toyotas feel cheap compared to their competition. IMHO
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator PL14610 5400 mi 2008 Civic R18 NO TEARS by tommygunn @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

@INTJ, I replaced it with another P1, same filter PL14610, hoping it doesn't tear! I chose to stick with it again mainly because of the AAP sale that includes the P1; it was either that or a Chinese undersize "consolidated" filter that I d
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Want Higher Capacity/Volume Oil Filter by ForceFedMopar @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

2.2/2.5 Chrysler has the filter mounted horizontal, so yeah it probably drains half
Page 32 of 79 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 78 79 >