Yesterday at 08:19 PM
Amsoil causing seeps?
by kawie_guy
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Newest Members
JacobH, ElGeneral, partsguy1, JTP07, AstroBike
52652 Registered Users
Who's Online
30 registered (dailydriver, dmack2, 3800Series, ag_ghost, chrisri, 4 invisible), 603 Guests and 166 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52652 Members
66 Forums
225731 Topics
3591983 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Short trips Toyota Corolla OCI by Char Baby @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

I don't know if there is a right answer. In my opinion, you can do either! And with a good synthetic oil, once a year and 5000 miles is easily doable!
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Is Toyota WS ATF really THAT bad? by supton @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: doublebaseI went to a dealer and the parts guy warned me to be careful changing the fluid and to make sure I got the level right because he's seen some go bad in as little as 700 miles, because of fluid level. Yah, 'cuz the p
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by tig1 @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

They do hold up very well. I also have weld repared a lot of alum boats, and corrison isn't a big problem even under false decks,etc. Most of the Ford alum issue is more about Ford hate vs aluminum body panels.
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by Miller88 @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: suptonOriginally Posted By: Miller88I guess a lot of the aluminum is being produced locally for the FISO! Certainly a good thing for the dead CNY economy. I have a friend who has a dedicated run delivering molten Aluminum from O
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: "Aggressive" A/T tires by kkreit01 @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

^ What he said. Duratracs are quite aggressive, and people seem to love them. They aren't cheap, but neither are BFGs.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Printer Ink cartridges? by Miller88 @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: damanOEM Epson are $17+, ouch when mine takes 6! I see. We mostly print in black. The extra large black cartridge for ours is $37. But at the current rate we print, it should last us 2 years
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by OVERKILL @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: OVERKILLThat's wild, looks nothing like the spot on our hood What year of truck is that Trav? I have a couple of wheels that have similar spots on them, its like there are impurities or voids tha
Jump to new posts Re: Short trips Toyota Corolla OCI by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

I'd change a name brand conventional 5w30 every 4-5k miles.
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by OVERKILL @ Yesterday at 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: tig1Originally Posted By: OVERKILLThat's wild, looks nothing like the spot on our hood What year of truck is that Trav? What year and model was this? I had a 96 Merc GM with the trunk and hood made of alum and didn't have a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The McJob...The New Normal. by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

I have a few friends that have worked in the huge Amazon distribution center here in Phoenix. They aren't complainets, but they say it is awful work. Miles and miles of walking and heavy lifting, rude bosses and forcing them to work through their bre
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple horsepower gains by NHHEMI @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: GMorgMy point is still being missed. The custom tune run was at 1:49, before ALL listed stock runs on RP. NO runs are listed for RP before adjustments. My question related to whether it is even possible to make adjustments bet
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by IndyIan @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLThat's wild, looks nothing like the spot on our hood What year of truck is that Trav? I have a couple of wheels that have similar spots on them, its like there are impurities or voids that allow the corrosion to pene
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investment Riches on Subprime Auto Loans to Poor by supton @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: 02SE According to the article, the broke woman signed her name to a legally binding contract to buy her Daughter a car. I'd say she, the bank, and the Carter Administration that started the whole "sub-prime lending" de
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investment Riches on Subprime Auto Loans to Poor by javacontour @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Discussed on the Diane Rehm show this AM. http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2015-01-28/concerns_about_the_rise_in_subprime_auto_loans The graph is somewhat misleading as 2010 had little sub prime lending of this sort, so a 300% increase is from ch
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by tig1 @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLThat's wild, looks nothing like the spot on our hood What year of truck is that Trav? What year and model was this? I had a 96 Merc GM with the trunk and hood made of alum and didn't have an issue with either. I hav
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by supton @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Trav This is an aluminum tailgate, the paint peeled and it started corroding in a short time. Not much different from steel except the color of the rust. This was almost all the way though. Is that from dissimilar metals,
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Printer Ink cartridges? by Eddie @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

After much searching, I finally just go to my local WalMart.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The McJob...The New Normal. by surfstar @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

By being born in the USA, you're in the top 10% of the world. And that's living at our "poverty" level. Making $10/hr puts you in the top 4% in the world. http://www.globalrichlist.com/ I bet over 90% of people making $10/hr in the US, ha
Jump to new posts Short trips Toyota Corolla OCI by Luciano @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

4x 5mile trips/day. I live close to the highway and my work is close to the highway so theres 4 stops/trip, no light. I drive easy. I was wondering what would be more suitable for me. Use a cheap conventional 10w30 and change twice/year (~3000mi) o
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by supton @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Miller88I guess a lot of the aluminum is being produced locally for the FISO! Certainly a good thing for the dead CNY economy. I have a friend who has a dedicated run delivering molten Aluminum from Oswego NY to Maseena NY for t
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Ford in Edmunds by MetalSlug @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

[/quote] This is an aluminum tailgate, the paint peeled and it started corroding in a short time. Not much different from steel except the color of the rust. This was almost all the way though. [/quote]
Jump to new posts Re: Being a parts or service advisor at a dealership. by HangFire @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

I agree with dwcopple that "Parts is the ticket". I've worked with several guys that were previous parts counter men. One worked in procurement on federal contracts the other was a technician for a defense contractor. Both worked their way
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: amsoil ATM 10w30, 6 UOA, 2008 2.3 fusion by camrydriver111 @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Dr_NoYour numbers are all over the place. August 09 12k miles on oil 8.38 TBN. Sep 09 13k miles on oil 3.65 TBN.. 1000 miles difference. Same time of year.. Not that I know much about analysis but this just seems weird to me,
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The McJob...The New Normal. by javacontour @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

But who defines paid fairly? If your job can be done by anyone, it's not likely you are going to make a bunch of money. If you won't do it, there are lines 10 deep to take your job. So as cruel as it sounds, what cashmoney is saying holds. When w
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Manual transmission additive help by Trav @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: badtlcOriginally Posted By: TravYour cherry picking here. According to Redline late model BMW specs ATF (they could just as easily spec'd MTF) as does the transmission the OP has. If the unit is spec for ATF whats the problem?
Page 32 of 93 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 92 93 >