by SavagePatch
07/04/15 09:38 AM
Mobil 1 0W20 Finally at San Antonio Costco's
by LesterL
07/04/15 09:09 AM
Films that reflect America's essence...
by MrHorspwer
07/04/15 09:09 AM
Why do people think 911 is a nanny service?
by horse123
07/04/15 08:49 AM
3800 series II, how likely to need LIM gasket
by CBR.worm
07/04/15 08:13 AM
Amazon (3) 5 qt Havoline Jugs $35.31 Free Shipping
by tenderloin
07/04/15 08:02 AM
Ram Owners
by Red91
07/04/15 08:01 AM
chrysler oil spec ms-6395
by oilchangeguy
07/04/15 07:29 AM
345D New Holland Diesel Tractor
by Valk1500
07/04/15 07:23 AM
DIY write-up for 2013 Camry ATF Exchange
by windeye
07/04/15 07:14 AM
Diabetic Rib Rub
by Oil Changer
07/04/15 06:43 AM
Sodium vs Moly?
by oilchangeguy
07/04/15 05:59 AM
Newest Members
4175, landy, rwarde, Hhjester, jp99
54578 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (Brybo86, 97tbird, bubbatime, andyd, bbhero, Andy636, 8 invisible), 1746 Guests and 95 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54578 Members
66 Forums
233811 Topics
3755611 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Honda GCV160 Seizes at First Starts of the Season by oilboy123 @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

I always hold the trigger open, and leave off the pressure orifice tip when starting. Much easier to start, and much less trauma for the engine/pump.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Aftermaket headlights older PU what to get? by sciphi @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

Can you post a picture? Are they sealed beam? If they're sealed beam, then contact Daniel Stern for advice.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should new cars burn oil? C-R report by edyvw @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

If I did not have CR I would never know VW 2.0T burns oil. I will have to ask my car what is wrong with it, since CR says different.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Inherited a 1996 Nissan Maxima - Thoughts? by Vikas @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

There are few Maxima owners on youtube and they have published phenomenal maintenance video for it. Each and every possible problem on that model is covered with good videos. For example, that EGR passage cleanup or PCV change is well illustrated i
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: CR Reveals the "Thirsty Thirty" Oil Burners by SoNic67 @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: doublebaseJust buy a Lexus and you won't have these problems That's another myth. Toyota fame relies on the experience with their older ('80's, early 90's) engines. The new ones are not the same...
Jump to new posts Re: Nitrogen in my tires - halarious by JTK @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: BigCahunaWhen I worked in the fire protection field they used dry Nitrogen to refill fire extinguishers for 2 reasons. 1, it didn't cause the power to clump because of lack of moisture, and 2 it appeared to be more stable in col
Jump to new posts Re: E15 coming soon? by Doog @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: TiredTruckerOriginally Posted By: suptonI read a National Geo article years ago that said the natural aquifiers in the midwest were getting pumped dry trying to grow corn. Not sure what the situation is today. That is a lot of
Jump to new posts Re: Metal flakes in oil filter drainage? by CT8 @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Hard to say exactly other than if you do an engine tear down and inspection.
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Powertrain Warranty by JTK @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: benjammingStealership came down to $5500. They want $375 for diagnostics. Say that transfer case & trans went out at the same time reason for high price. Sure. I guess they thought it was just their lucky day. Think again. P
Jump to new posts Re: E15 coming soon? by Doog @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Silverado12Originally Posted By: gizzsdadOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8How about a completely unique concept? Why not have a choice for the consumer? Let the product stand on its own legs financially and compete in the marketp
Jump to new posts Re: 2001 Civic HX burning oil question. by eagle23 @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Agree, how much are you losing? What about leaks vs. actual consumption? What looks like a no-big-deal leak can easily add up. My daughter has a 2001 LX that "uses" a quart about every 3500-4000 at 162k. However, it also has a few leaks
Computers
Jump to new posts Google earth download issue by Eddie @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

I am trying to download Google Earth for my computer which is running W 8.1. Error message 1603 stops download. How to fix? Ed
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil to add 0w40 euro formula by wildmanrandall @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

I did some checking and the extreme characteristics of the EFO make it look like very good base stock quality. I feel the EFM would be more like EDGE and M1 in material. I've been a little off topic, but thanks to Pablo, I can see the advantages.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Saga of New Tires by sciphi @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: tinmanSCHow you know it is missing? The little imprint they leave on the rim could have been from the last set of tires, they took it off. Maybe it is correctly balanced without a weight. Or there's fresh double-sided tape o
Jump to new posts Re: Direct Injection and Carbon deposits by Fatboymoe @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

I can say from experience that the amount of oil, water and fuel going into my intake is not internet amplification.
Jump to new posts Re: 2001 Civic HX burning oil question. by Bandito440 @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

I've had luck with Maxlife 5w-30 and then 10w-40 as mileage collected on my Volvo.
Jump to new posts Re: Metal flakes in oil filter drainage? by Doog @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: aualtima3.5I just changed the oil in a 4.6L Sport Trac, and found the oil drained cleanly, but the filter drainage had some metal flakes, mostly copper colored. Religiously use 5w20 Motorcraft oil/filter every 5k. 108k on moto
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Race Gas by WANG @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: kyledallasStrictly an octane boost will not improve your power. Building a new engine with higher compression that NEEDS higher octane to keep from detonating will increase power somewthat but not very much.. usually 5 hp per po
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gun shaped Cell Phone cases by Doog @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Reg# 43897Beyond stupid. Verges upon the Darwinian... John. +1 no doubt....how stupid do you have to get? Just look at tye Tamir Rice case here in Cleveland
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Robot kills worker at VW Germany plant by Papa Bear @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Ex Machina
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Mazda rotary powered truck by JTK @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Cool! I'm not sure I've ever seen a Mazda p/u of that vintage. I did drive a twin rotor, mid-late 1980's RX7 a few times. A neighbor used to pay me to detail it. I wasn't even legal to drive yet. LOL. Those were the days. Anyway, they always l
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Need input on TCW3 testing methods by Shrubitup @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: ClevyI'm putting a quart of Tc-w3 in a 100+ litre tank. Have for a couple years now. essentially a 100:1 ratio then?
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Who keeps track of motorcycle oil temps? by Doog @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: bulwnklThat's fine. Red Line's fluids generally run higher HTHS viscosity than others, at a given kinematic viscosity grade. So, do you believe in running the kinematic viscosity the factory recommends, or the HTHS viscosity t
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by chriscreags @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Did my Versa yesterday @ 105,600 miles. Out: Valvoline 5W-30 Conv. & Microgard MGL 51358 filter In: Valvoline 5W-30 Conv. & Microgard MGL 51358 filter
Jump to new posts Re: 2001 Civic HX burning oil question. by Mr Nice @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

How much oil per 5000 miles do you need to add? Civic HX are as rare as a purple squirrel, LX and EX are common.
Page 32 of 66 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 65 66 >