by 901Memphis
08/27/16 11:45 PM
Android clear cached data
by expat
08/27/16 11:07 PM
Worm gear vs spring type hose clamps?
by TheLoneRanger
08/27/16 10:35 PM
Factory fog lights...common wiring and wattage?
by ryan2022
08/27/16 10:32 PM
2 Hyundai/Kia OEM Filters cut open
by KD0AXS
08/27/16 10:30 PM
Preferred SUV for snow: Large FWD or smaller AWD?
by Carbon12
08/27/16 09:55 PM
Chevron 5W-20 $10/5-quart at WM
by wgtoys
08/27/16 09:15 PM
Best alternative to FL500S
by buck91
08/27/16 09:11 PM
New router?
by Quattro Pete
08/27/16 08:44 PM
MPV 7100 Hybrid Mower
by spk2000
08/27/16 08:17 PM
Newest Members
DALpilotMike, Safetyfirst, rwood, USARMOR, GV00
58943 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (Bandito440, dec219644, berniedd, dccode, 3 invisible), 692 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58943 Members
66 Forums
253657 Topics
4164111 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Napa Syn 15w50 to replace BradPenn 20w50 in 454bbc by FordCapriDriver @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

i'd run Mobil 1 15w50 or Valvoline VR1 20w50, both of these are easily available and not too expensive
Jump to new posts Re: 15K oil & filter by 4WD @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

That's why I don't run UOA - I just read the tests others post and know the two oils I typically use would test fine.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by Chris142 @ Yesterday at 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: JHZR2u (many doubles that are more difficult to control), have you ever driven doubles? In my 20 years of truck driving I learned to like them.they are much safer than 1 long stupid trailer.doubles do not have to swing into on
Jump to new posts Re: 15K oil & filter by CT8 @ Yesterday at 08:47 AM

Well there is an almost 100% chance the M1 will go the 10,000 just fine if the engine is in good shape. You can do a uoa to see how the oil is holding up but the cost of a uoa is almost an oil change.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella line upgraded by 4WD @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

Case in point on Qatar is the Qmax tanker. Built in S Korea - filled in Qatar - sent back to SK to sell them product.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Painting rear of chrome bumpers by CT8 @ Yesterday at 08:43 AM

For the paint to stick I would guess the chrome has to be removed.
Jump to new posts Silly me by jay929 @ Yesterday at 08:41 AM

Apparently I need glasses I just noticed I put Pennzoil platinum higher mileage in both my cars which don't have more than 50,000 miles. Oops
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by CT8 @ Yesterday at 08:40 AM

Keep the driver off of cellphone and poor drivers will wreck because of their driving styles . We used to run 80 mph when driving in the open states in the 1970s . Snow , ice and wind is an accident waiting to happen.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wife is livid by dlayman @ Yesterday at 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: fdcg27Originally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: fdcg27This was a deliberate demonstration of disrespect toward your wife and you as her husband. It was in no way accidental. How you decide to deal with it is up to you,
Jump to new posts Re: 15K oil & filter by 4WD @ Yesterday at 08:39 AM

If it worries you, 10k with those products is pretty darn cost effective too ...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Real Main Seal Leak ? ? ? by Leo99 @ Yesterday at 08:39 AM

The RMS on my Rav has been seeping for a couple years. Hasn't gotten any worse. No drips on floor, just oil soak on the "bell" between engine and tranny. Lot easier to change the oil pan gasket than the RMS. Change to HM oil and see if
Jump to new posts 15K oil & filter by marine65 @ Yesterday at 08:36 AM

I'm thinking about Mobil 1 15K oil and a Fram Ultra filter. Running 15K kind of worries me. 2006 Sentra with 166K on the odo. 5 days a week I drive a 21 mile commute each way to work on I-70 so the oil gets good and hot. Opinions?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by SHOZ @ Yesterday at 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris142Originally Posted By: tom slickCalifornia limits vehicles with more than 2 axles to 55mph and has for decades. it's very dangerous too.cars are running 80+ and trucks maybe 62.every day a car going fast smashes into a s
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella line upgraded by alarmguy @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3Originally Posted By: MotoTribologistOriginally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3Fully/Full Synthetic is marketing... in the US a GrpIII or higher oil can be labeled "synthetic". Now whether a GrpIII is really a s
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by Chris142 @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: tom slickCalifornia limits vehicles with more than 2 axles to 55mph and has for decades. it's very dangerous too.cars are running 80+ and trucks maybe 62.every day a car going fast smashes into a slower truck
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Battery or starter by zrxkawboy @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Have the battery tested for free at any auto parts store. If that is good, I'd suspect a bad/corroded connection somewhere.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions please by ceast @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Thanks....Charlie
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by SHOZ @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: tom slickCalifornia limits vehicles with more than 2 axles to 55mph and has for decades. Illinois use to do that when 65mph was the max for cars on the interstates. When they went up to 70mph so did the trucks. It's a mess at
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone here a ice road truckee? by car51 @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

From watching some of it; only one I really kinda like for what he has machine wise is Joey Barnes from Lynn Lake Manitoba. That guy is different
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Bolt XV950 by Ducked @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: pbmI'd use dino 20w50 in summer and dino 10w40 in winter and change it a little more frequently (over dedicated MC oil). I was in Brunei in the "winter" once. It was quite hot.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Old wall furnace by Kruse @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

If it works without having to put any parts into it and you can check it for carbon monoxide leaks, I might consider using it, always with a working carbon monoxide detector in the same room. However, speaking from experience, the furnace will fail d
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter ratings/ rankings by JerryBob @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Quote:Does Internet warrior mean to question people's opinions and their bro science? You're voicing your opinion without any data to back it up. You're the one that said base stocks and additives matter. When did we start talking about extended
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by tom slick @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

California limits vehicles with more than 2 axles to 55mph and has for decades.
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Taurus SHO Ecoboost by 4WD @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

Are you talking HTHS ? If so, that is why some syns ending in 40 are popular - but Ford lives deeply in the CAFE standard world where the ecoboost "bet the farm" strategy keeps them looking at MPG really hard ... I'm just glad mine does not
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gov't wants to lower speed limits for trucks by stephen9666 @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

When in used to drive through Arkansas that state had a 65 speed limit for trucks while it was 70 for cars. I thought it was great. It kept trucks in that right-hand lane where they belong. Cars could easily pass them and traffic flowed fine all th
Page 32 of 67 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66 67 >