Yesterday at 08:37 PM
Smitty's Super S Multiflo 5w-30 is !0% synthetic
by NormanBuntz
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Newest Members
TriboGuy, chkm8, wjason777, glgoodwin22, RandyG99
50829 Registered Users
Who's Online
41 registered (Astro14, Bandito440, 901Memphis, 147_Grain, BusyLittleShop, 4 invisible), 918 Guests and 220 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50829 Members
64 Forums
217194 Topics
3420229 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Need Reccomendation.....OLD Toyota w/22RE. by threeputtpar @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: AdmiralYodaI basically want an oil like Redline 10W-40 with some of the high mileage benefits but without the pricetag. Again, Mobil 1 High Mileage in the 10W-40 flavor is exactly what you're looking for. ~$5 a quart at WM wh
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: How hot is too hot for EOT? by Griz95 @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

[quote=dnewton3]To return to the main question, "no", that range of temps is not too hot for the oil you use. That is perfectly acceptable. dnewton3...just for future reference what is considered 'To Hot' for engine oil? I am sending in a
Photo Section
Jump to new posts photo testing by supton @ Yesterday at 10:49 AM

Figured out my photobucket password. Wifey set it up years ago, so I got on it again. Can't say I like it, all sorts of junk. I guess you get what you pay for (or didn't). So this post is more of a test, to see how well photos come off my iPad on
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: It's official.... Clarkson has lost his mind. by SteveSRT8 @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04Originally Posted By: HokiefydOriginally Posted By: razelClarkson does like riding brute beasts. He also did/does own a Ford GT. Did own one. It was a lemon and Ford bought it back. http://forums.viperclub.org/threa
Jump to new posts Re: Any reason NOT to run 0w20? by ThirdeYe @ Yesterday at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: buck91Truck will be out of warranty before next oci. I beleive that the qsud meets api/ilsac as well as dexos. 5w20 lists the fomoco spec on bottle but 0w20 does not. I could be wrong on this as I'm not home right now to che
Jump to new posts Re: Any reason NOT to run 0w20? by buck91 @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Truck will be out of warranty before next oci. I beleive that the qsud meets api/ilsac as well as dexos. 5w20 lists the fomoco spec on bottle but 0w20 does not.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix Beta Ratio by dnewton3 @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

There are always exceptions to any rule. A few examples from the FleetFilter site (cannot use Wix any longer because they are all the "same"). Here you can see that smaller filters have better performance. 51515 beta 2/20 = 13/23 (la
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overfilled oil by Stang40 @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

I dk what exactly failed, I wasn't even supposed to know, I just know they charged him $300 to fix whatever it was. I know engines can blow seals but most of the ones I've seen are from people that don't know what they're doing and overfilled their c
Jump to new posts Re: overfilled oil by ThirdeYe @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

1/2 quart shouldn't be an issue. One time I accidentally put an extra quart in a GMC Sierra that had the wrong owner's manual in the glovebox and it was fine until I was able to have it brought back over to my house to drain out the extra quart. You
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Laboratory Analysis of MMO by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: GreeCguySo why does it smell like wintergreen? Quote:BTW, the paraffinic hydrocarbons were C11-C14, n-alkanes, normally denoted as "dearomatized kerosene." Which is essentially Kerosene that has been hydrotreated.
Jump to new posts Re: overfilled oil by webfors @ Yesterday at 10:42 AM

This is why I only change oil on my cars.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: War in Ukraine by dave1251 @ Yesterday at 10:41 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/russia-takes-crimean-clubs-ukraine-upset-24803741 Football clubs from the Crimea region annexed by Russia will play in the Russian leagues this season. Three clubs will play in the second division south, a thi
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: How did i just notice this ? by ddrumman2004 @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

My '12 F 150 in my sig has a cigarette lighter and the ashtray is a cup like container that sits in a cup holder at the bottom of the center seat. Last I checked, there was close to 20 dollars in change in that thing! The actual lighter is in my too
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: It's official.... Clarkson has lost his mind. by mrsilv04 @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: HokiefydOriginally Posted By: razelClarkson does like riding brute beasts. He also did/does own a Ford GT. Did own one. It was a lemon and Ford bought it back. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/579531-Jeremy-Clarkson-Give
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Fleet Farm Oil Sale by bprat318 @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Oil sales at fleet farm Valvoline Conventional 2.99 a quart Valvoline max life blend, durablend 3.39 a quart Valvoline synpower 4.99 a quart Havoline conventional 13.99 for a 5 quart jug.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: CDI Injector Cleaners, DPF safe? by compressignite @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

To be totally Transparent: In the DPF explanation Video You Are watching an Amsoil rep training seminar. I used to and still do have reservations about Amsoil's marketing systema. BUT,they still make available a Fully Synthetic MARINE Rated 4 str
Jump to new posts Re: overfilled oil by danthaman1980 @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

No good deed goes unpunished
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 rebate is back by Poohbah @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

I'll update as soon as Farm & Fleet puts their Mobil 1 stock on sale. That's when it becomes a deal too good to pass up.
Jump to new posts Re: overfilled oil by lexus114 @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

well, on the bright side. you wont have to touch that thing anymore....
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: War in Ukraine by dave1251 @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

http://online.wsj.com/articles/sberbank-eu-sanctions-over-ukraine-undermine-system-1406879412 MOSCOWóRussia's largest lender Sberbank SBER.MZ -1.67% said Friday that Brussels' decision to put it on the sanctions list "undermines the foundations
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Laboratory Analysis of MMO by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Clubber_LangOriginally Posted By: spasm3Low flashpoint. yes, its supposed to burn off gradually as it cleans Here is a stair step description of what would evaporate from first to last: Chlorinated Hydrocarbons of orthodi
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: GM Dexos 0W-20 6,069 miles 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3 by dnewton3 @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

Nice report. Cu will settle with time; give it more to do so. Easily could extend to the full 100% OLM, and probably longer (although I realize that's considered heresy ....)
Jump to new posts Re: $10.00 off a $50.00 gas card at Publix is on again by LT4 Vette @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

Yes, dog food counts towards your $50 purchase I use coupons from Sunday paper for even more savings. Even if you don't meet the $50 purchase, the coupon will still work. Last time I had $47.72 worth of groceries but since I used a ton of coupons an
Jump to new posts Re: overfilled oil by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

They added some oil to it and said that caused it cause they don't really know what happened.
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum - HTHS and TBN by dparm @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

Which grade(s)?
Page 32 of 89 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 88 89 >