Yesterday at 10:47 PM
Lubrizol paper on oil trends in Europe
by Shannow
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Newest Members
dg370, Shuskey4, Student_Mike_77, Stanimal, Sharon
51979 Registered Users
Who's Online
28 registered (Bryankkkk, AdamC, 3800Series, Bandito440, 3311, Bill_G, 1 invisible), 606 Guests and 197 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51979 Members
66 Forums
222506 Topics
3521554 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions Wanted: Sherwin-Williams Paint by BISCUT @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

I've used a lot of Aurora from BM and the Behr paint/primer in one. They both have performed very similar in coverage with Behr coming it at a lower price point. My very good fireman buddy had a pro painting business as his "B" job until
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NGK Laser Plat vs NGK Laser Iridum by camrydriver111 @ Yesterday at 08:58 AM

If the spark plugs are easy to change I'd try the Iridiums. If the spark plugs are really difficult to change I'd stick with the Platinums.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 Escalade ESV, 6.0L, oil recommendation by Alltherage @ Yesterday at 08:58 AM

I have been running maxlife semi syn 5w30 in my 6.0 and it's great. Super smooth and excellent cold flow properties. Pretty cheap too
Jump to new posts Re: RTV Piece Inside Valvetrain by camrydriver111 @ Yesterday at 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: abycatmy bad I mean km. What part of canada you in? Windsor, ON
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Laptops not AUTO connecting to wifi network by Cutehumor @ Yesterday at 08:56 AM

I have a similiar problem with my laptop when I upgraded to Windows 8. I found out, the driver supplied by intel is not made for windows 8. I have a generic windows driver instead. Intel said my wifi card for my HP 6960P is obsolete, so no new dri
Jump to new posts Re: Thermostat and radiator hoses as preventative by camrydriver111 @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

It depends on your car and how susceptible those parts are to failure. On a E46 BMW for example you are lucky if get over 6 years of life out of your thermostat.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Ariens Engine by andyd @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

The 5 hour spec could allow for seating the rings. Just a guess. The amount of oil needed is small Indulge yourself, change it a few times if it suits you.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Cooper is losing one of its Chinese factories by stephen9666 @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

It looks like Cooper Tires will lose its stake in one of its two Chinese factories. It appears relations broke down with Chengshan Tires after the fallout of the Apollo purchase agreement, and Chengshan is exercising a clause in the contract that all
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Pulling the Trigger on a CPO Challenger SRT8 by MCompact @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: TdboI'd say good luck but I think you will find out why they have had it since late July. My guess is they think that they have a double dose of unobtanium on four wheels and have hunkered down, pricing it accordingly to corresp
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State 0W20 Oil - Is it any Good? by Danno @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: hightechOriginally Posted By: RoobSure QSUD is a good oil, just more expensive even when on sale compared to TGMO. QSUD is normally $50 for 5litres and is on sale for $27.99 TGMO is always $5 a litre around here anyways, can't b
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: BJ's Gas by Tdbo @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: itguy08Always the cheapest swill I can find here. BJ's, Costco, Sheetz, Wawa, Flying J, Valero, Hess, Turkey Hill, Sunoco, Giant, whatever. Never an issue even out to 150k. Also no real variation in MPG's with the various bra
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State 0W20 Oil - Is it any Good? by Danno @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: RoobSure QSUD is a good oil, just more expensive even when on sale compared to TGMO. QSUD is normally $50 for 5litres and is on sale for $27.99 TGMO is always $5 a litre around here anyways, can't beat that for price, quality an
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone from Buffalo? 6' of snow....really? by sayjac @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

Found this guy's drone shots fascinating. West Seneca I believe. Prior days can be found under James Grimaldi video. Wishing the best for all those in the Buffalo area, surely don't need rain or freezing rain. Hang in.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Old man's new Toyota Hilux by eljefino @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

That air filter system is the bee's knees! Also like the unapologetic steel rims.
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy on sale if you have a stash? by dlundblad @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

I think its a good idea to at least have 1 oil change on hand. I have went to WM several times only to find what I need not in stock.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Bleeded Clutch Slave Cylinder and Got Problem ! by Chris142 @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

Never pump the clutch when bleeding.push down,hold,crack open then close the bleeder while fluid is still coming out.repeat
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 4Ply or 10Ply Tires? by bullwinkle @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

I agree-it is unnecessary, but how much unsprung weight are we talking-for example, going from a Geolandar 10 ply to a P-metric in a 245/75R16 is 14 pounds a tire, 56 pounds total? If the OP was looking to buy them & didn't have them already, it
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Laptops not AUTO connecting to wifi network by 97tbird @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

Thanks - I edited my post while you were replying... Can you check my addition to the post, please? and see what you think?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions Wanted: Sherwin-Williams Paint by JerryBob @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

We can argue that SW will last longer than Behr in terms of fading, but most people repaint after 10 years anyway, and Behr will go that long. Think about who pays for the overhead of that boutique store, brochures, sales person, etc at SW and BM.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: 4Ply or 10Ply Tires? by eljefino @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

Hunting as in you pull off the shoulder and wander in the woods? Or you crash through thicket in some farmer's field? I'd go with the Ps as you obviously hate what you have now.
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: BMW replaces Castrol with Shell Next Year by Tdbo @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: CT8Lowest bid!!! Precisely.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cable or satellite? by dlundblad @ Yesterday at 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By: grampi Now come on, this is some funny stuff right here! I can't even get one like? I LOL'd a little.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions Wanted: Sherwin-Williams Paint by demarpaint @ Yesterday at 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: spasm3Originally Posted By: Oil ChangerThanks. Since no one had particularly anything bad to say about S-W, I'm going to go with S-W. Real close by and I have coupons. Wife will change her mind in a couple months about somethi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cable or satellite? by dlundblad @ Yesterday at 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: zzyzzxI use an antenna connected to a DVR that works off an antenna. I can record more TV than I can watch, and there is no monthly fee. Not everybody can stand watching "I Love Lucy" and
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy on sale if you have a stash? by Tdbo @ Yesterday at 08:43 AM

Not unless it was $1./quart or less. If it is older stock, that means I give it a good shake before putting in the engine. Never killed anything yet.
Page 32 of 74 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 73 74 >