Today at 05:13 PM
Pure 1 opened up
by thomasew
Today at 04:27 PM
Newest Members
DocT, Dieselmerc, kbronc80, bady, foothillsjim
54117 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (2010_FX4, ag_ghost, 901Memphis, 2002 Maxima SE, AdRock, akela, 8 invisible), 1902 Guests and 144 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54117 Members
66 Forums
231905 Topics
3717235 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Mopar or Other by DarthDuty @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

How good are Mopar oil filters? The mopar site wont work on my phone, deciding between mopar, puro, and fram for filter on a '07 PT Cruiser
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATF for 1997 4l60E by 901Memphis @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Maxlife and DexronVI are pretty close in in regards to viscosity. Both are good choices, since they are shear stable fluids, they start out lower than DexronIII but stay at a higher viscosity in service. Plenty of these 4 speed Gm transmissio
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Found non Ecole PF47s at AA by ZeeOSix @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: burchster13Copy right says 1995 I'd say based on the copyright date it's a 2004 date code. AC Delco has certainly changed the box design since 1995, and probably even after 2004.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Corolla’s by HangFire @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Good review. I have to wonder what's up with the 2012 LE. My 2010 doesn't wander on the highway, unless my wife drives. She's always trying to find the center "by feel" but there's no feel, so two hours later she's still bouncing from one s
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Old Porsche by drtyler @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Since you mention "RE", I assume you mean rear engine. Which means a 911 given the time frame of cars you mention. I believe the Targa's had front vent windows up into the 80's. The Coupes had fixed front vent windows starting in 1969. D
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: ISO 4548-12 Test Bench by Stewie @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixThe company finally got back to me, and their cost quote was ~$225,000. Pocket change
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another overfilling ATF question by Bluestream @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

1/4 inch is nothing and will not cause your tranny to shift funny. You have other problems. Tranny dipsticks are notoriously inaccurate. Have you ever had you pan off and looked where the dipstick level lies? I run my Ford 1 Liter over recommen
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Champ Oil Filters, Should I Buy This? by DSparks @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

I have bought those exact same filters from those wxact same people on ebay....its a non ecore champ...use it..sleep good at night...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 60 Gallon Compressor? by demarpaint @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

It will be a while before I set mine up as well. I won't be picking it up until mid week, then have to hook up with my brother for the wiring etc.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for an air-cooled 911 by sds911 @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Peter: I think you are creating a straw man. I don't think I have said there is only one viscosity or brand that is best, nor do I think LN/Charles Navarro is saying that in his article (which i'm still not sure you've read). I am not an expert
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hundreds march at McDonald's HQ over low wages by demarpaint @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladI'm not saying what someone should or shouldn't buy, but if one has a smart phone and/ or can fork over extra money for alcohol / tobacco or other "wants", they shouldn't be on welfare. Or driving a nice ne
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Another overfilling ATF question by mclasser @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

I recently changed my radiator and despite my best attempts, ATF kept dripping out of the tranny cooler lines so I had to top it off. I topped off the fluid and re-checked it after the tranny was hot after a highway drive; the level was properly with
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil MTF/Honda MTF 2004 S2000 by GuillaumeG @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Or he may just have missed a gear... 11 iron is not that much...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Jet Engines? by BRZED @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr NiceBRZED, Better as in reliability and better fuel efficiency ? I can't answer the question about reliability, but the GE90 is supposedly without competition when it comes to the most power and best fuel efficiency.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Pikes Peak and Victory by Robenstein @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

I think you seriously misread my statement....either on accident or on purpose. When is 1998 a long time ago? And why does the time even matter? Lots of companies had long racing histories and got their butts handed to them by new "upstarts&qu
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Cap Creamy Looking Stuff? by HiccaBurp @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Thank you all for the responses. I believe it is the short trips. My wife drives the kids to school, dance, sports, etc.. regularly. There is a small water pump leak which i'm about to change out this week. The coolant maybe lost an inch over t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Champ Oil Filters, Should I Buy This? by RamFan @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

I would use them at the shop if I didn't have an option. I wasn't a fan of them. They've switched to an e-core design, and we had a string of leaks with them, actually now that I think of it we had one completely grenade on a customers car about a we
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Corolla’s by supton @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Couple reasons: First, gear splits need to get closer together. Wind drag goes up with vehicle speed squared. But I'd expect stupid close gear splits on cars that go crazy fast--at high engine speeds, close splits are needed to stay in the power b
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Verizon buys AOL for $4.4B by Cutehumor @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

verizon stock will go down on this news! time to sell if you own their stock. lol
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATF for 1997 4l60E by crazyoildude @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

i like the max life and it is cheap at wal mart
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: electric pool pump motor noisey by Vern_in_IL @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Electric motor rebuild shop can fix it.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: **Phillips 60w LED Bulbs $4.97 2pk ** by KeithS_NW_Ohio @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Bulb teardown: http://www.designingwithleds.com/teardown-philips-everyday-8-5w-bulb/
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Regular line pressure through pressure washer acc. by doitmyself @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Where are all of our BITOG college educated engineers that are not collecting food stamps and other government assistance??? Cleaning ability is a combination/balance of pressure AND volume. Lets see if we can figure this out by the books. Of cou
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Magnavox steroe console with turntable by aquariuscsm @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dishdudeThat actually looks pretty new, I would say very early 80's like 1980 or 1981. It's a very nice unit, I hope you can get it working. I agree,early 1980s. I Googled various decades of the "Magnavox" brand l
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Blew a tire by Vern_in_IL @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Did you save a old tire to make a swing saddle? :P
Page 32 of 63 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 62 63 >