02/10/16 06:13 PM
Best Sponge For Washing Cars
by George7941
02/10/16 06:08 PM
Newest Members
threeeightteen, TOADchunks, Longo9596, Roadrunner77z, rp5677
56888 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (69GTX, bdcardinal, AZjeff, 901Memphis, 74DartSport, 2015_PSD, 5 invisible), 1232 Guests and 212 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56888 Members
66 Forums
244530 Topics
3982395 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 silverado dealer oil change by Doublehaul @ Today at 08:46 AM

The problems with both lube joints and dealers is that you will almost always have an unqualified person doing your oil change. Licensed mechanics generally don't do oil changes at dealers...they have lube techs for that and they are generally $12 p
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Question-Buying from a rental agency by oldmaninsc @ Today at 08:46 AM

Originally Posted By: stower17FWIW I tend to only buy ex rental cars myself. I like the $avings on a fairly new veh. With that being said, as with any used car make sure to look it over really good. I know plenty of people who said they would never b
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Mysterious Man by Padawan @ Today at 08:45 AM

It was daytime.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Champ PH2808 - Torn Pleat by WellOiled @ Today at 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By: KingCakeOriginally Posted By: 901MemphisI have always avoided those really cheap filters on Rockauto they always seen kinda sketchy. I wonder if age was a contributing factor because Rockauto clearances old stock and we know c
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Mysterious Man by Mr Nice @ Today at 08:42 AM

The pedestrian was black ?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ever have an "old guy" day? by pandus13 @ Today at 08:42 AM

OP, i think we know (and you know) who was the actual ADULT in the discussion....
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 6th-Gen Camaro 1LE: Two of them. by Mr Nice @ Today at 08:41 AM

Buy it, you only live once !!!
Humor
Jump to new posts Mysterious Man by John_Conrad @ Today at 08:40 AM

A man wearing all black clothes, black shoes, and a black hat was walking down a street. The street lamps are off. A black car with its headlights off comes speeding down the road, but misses the man barely. How did the driver see the man?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission longevity: fluids & OCI by nicholas @ Today at 08:39 AM

-- Most of the time you can only do a partial change. -- All ATF systems can be flushed in your driveway - thereby replacing 100% of the fluid in the system. True some are harder than others - but they ALL can be done with simple hand tools and buc
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission longevity: fluids & OCI by nicholas @ Today at 08:37 AM

-Most of the time you can only do a partial change. Thats not a change and given the poor filtration, what is the point?- You are removing the contaminants when you change the fluid - - even a partial drain and fill is better than leaving the fluid
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Installing a dish washer. by KrisZ @ Today at 08:35 AM

I would check your local building code. In my area, a dishwasher has to be on its own breaker circuit and hardwired. And I don't make it look professional, but instead ensure you are installing it to the same standards as a professional would. From y
Jump to new posts Re: Input from Diesel truck owners by tig1 @ Today at 08:33 AM

My son in law drives a F 350 with a dump bed, snow plow, and pulls a large tree spade. He has a tree transplant business. His first one was 2003 with the diesel. Engine was fine but he traded up to a 2013 with the V 10 gas with 6 speed man trans. Thi
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: who uses a oil filter wrench? by circuitsmith @ Today at 08:31 AM

I put them on by hand; remove with an old belt (yes, the kind that holds your pants up). Works better than the various tools I've used in the past.
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on these SUV? by Doog @ Today at 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: crazyoildudeAs for Toyota their quality is slipping rapidly for years there have been sludge issues and now vvt problems and oil burning you can believe what you want but i have lived engines all my life since the age of 13 at t
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Extreme Duty CLP? by 90crvtec @ Today at 08:29 AM

I picked up some samples of Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil (Not the CLP) at a USPSA club. I've used it to lube an AR and I've also used it on a few pistols. The Extreme Duty Gun Oil has some kind of tackifier in it that makes it very clingy, almost like
Vehicles
Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurusOriginally Posted By: DoubleWaspPorsche did the performance 3.0 4-banger 20 years ago with the 968. Can be done. That is interesting. News to me. It was a oversquare and multivalve, and the Porsche actually ha
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts filter efficiency >90% @20 microns by mazdamonky @ Today at 08:25 AM

I was trying to come up with a list of filters that have a filtering efficiency of greater than 90% at 20 microns. Mostly to see how filters stack up and to see which filter companies actually publish their efficiency and micron ratings. These are mo
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 6th-Gen Camaro 1LE: Two of them. by 97K15004WD @ Today at 08:25 AM

Wow!! Nice option on the Camaro.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: I've Become a Ballistol Advocate. by billt460 @ Today at 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Astro14My word, man! This is BITOG! How can you have avoided reading about MMO?? Marvel Mystery Oil, the magic elixir that cures every problem with all things mechanical. Cleans engines! Dissolves sludge! Restores old firearm
Jump to new posts Re: Question-Buying from a rental agency by Ethan1 @ Today at 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: NO2You have to be 25 to rent a car. You have to be 18 to rent a car. And there are a lot of dumb-[censored] 25 year-olds anyway.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 Syn @ Costco by yesthatsteve @ Today at 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By: damanIs this deal still going? my GF has a Fusion 6qt sump like to grab this deal. Through 2/21 - http://www.costco.com/warehouse-coupon-offers.html?langId=-1 (scroll down until you find it)
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for VW 1.8tsi by BTLew81 @ Today at 08:17 AM

So, here are a couple of other options based on my findings: Amsoil AFL, which is 502/505.01, is .8 SA, TBN of 8, and NOACK of 10% Or... Amsoil AEL (Low SAPS) which is 504/507, .6 SA, TBN of 8.8, and NOACK of 7.1% So, even though AEL is the Low S
My 03 Tracker has a timing chain and its got ~260k km on it. It runs near 3k at 60mph too so its seen some revs and the odd time I bounce it off the limiter. Some of these did have tensioner issues that would stick and not tension any further which
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help replacing door pins on a 98 corolla by cptbarkey @ Today at 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: TravChange the hinges, not big $$ from the dealer. Quick and easy job, do one at a time. or better yet at the junkyard, the are full of that generation.
Jump to new posts Re: Input from Diesel truck owners by supton @ Today at 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: clinebarger The 6L90E used GMT-900 trucks ('07 to present), They are a 100,000 mile unit when worked hard, The plastic checkballs wear down & pass through the separator plate, Drums crack & burn frictions, Several contr
Page 32 of 81 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80 81 >