Recent Topics
2016 Volkswagen Tiguan Oil filter - Weird Design?
by FordBroncoVWJeta
07/26/16 02:21 AM
New old ride
by SEBZX79
07/25/16 11:25 PM
Motor Trend Visit with Valvoline
by tenderloin
07/25/16 10:46 PM
Fixing Tractors a no-no, Are cars next?
by user52165
07/25/16 10:38 PM
Cosmetic only or replace
by ram_man
07/25/16 09:55 PM
Wooden Motorcycle Piston from Vietnam
by KeithS_NW_Ohio
07/25/16 09:49 PM
Castrol Edge for hard-driven turbo + DI
by Atomic
07/25/16 09:27 PM
2001 Camry LE V6 - Synthetic ATF Recommendation
by 01CAMRY
07/25/16 08:39 PM
Delo 400?
by Sealbilly
07/25/16 07:17 PM
Noob question about chain maintenance
by JeepWJ19
07/25/16 07:00 PM
Rural King Full Synthetic Oil Sale...
by AnthemBassMan
07/25/16 05:16 PM
Mobil 1 EP oil filter - Cross Reference
by Kung_Faux
07/25/16 05:08 PM
Newest Members
rfabrocini, Tobin28, r0k, KNA, Roanoke6370
58598 Registered Users
Who's Online
16 registered (curiousaboutoil, david_ES2, FordBroncoVWJeta, car51, DeanLutz72, Beria, 2 invisible), 841 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58598 Members
66 Forums
252250 Topics
4136813 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 question by FordCapriDriver @ Yesterday at 03:11 AM

Maybe 0w30 would be a good idea if you do a lot of towing in very hot temperatures, whatever makes you feel better really, there is very little difference at operating temperature, and as temperature increases the difference is even smaller
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Helix Conventional / Semi-Synth Oils by Popsy @ Yesterday at 02:55 AM

Please allow my slow brain to come back on these statements: Originally Posted By: SonofJoeHX7 is very likely based on an old Infineum formulation that has been updated over the years. It's based on Shellvis 261 VII which is a technically efficien
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-820S, 7.6K miles, 2012 F-250 by car51 @ Yesterday at 02:51 AM

good enough for me and thanks
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean battery with garden hose? by SuperDave456 @ Yesterday at 02:48 AM

I typically take a large cup of warm water and put a few spoonfuls of baking soda in it. Stir it up, wait 10-15 minutes for it to dissolve as much as possible. Then I go out and dis connect the battery and slowly pour the alkaline water over the acid
General and Off Topic
Very sad. And occasionally, yes, it does seem to happen to people that seem to have everything to live for, including family and career, not to mention those that have slipped through the cracks for years. Mental health problems do not discriminate
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: WIX 51372 ADBV Failure by Garak @ Yesterday at 02:33 AM

Maybe they'll want to see the used one and the unused ones from that lot. It's worth a shot before cutting anything.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech- ST3387- Virgin cut open by HKPolice @ Yesterday at 02:33 AM

Are the seems glued properly? Looks like a big gap between where the 2 ends of media are supposed to be glued in the 6th pic.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking About a New Bike by ZeeOSix @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

^^^ I read a few reviews on the web also before pulling the trigger, and they were all pretty positive about the Bridgestone S21. For my street riding they should be way better than the tires that came on the bike in the first place. I noticed on B
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix by Garak @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

If Max would have tried that against Pastor, imagine the carnage.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Wonder if anyone with NASCAR has noticed... by Garak @ Yesterday at 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr NiceOnly F1 and NHRA racing for me. If Bernie saw stands that empty, he'd be exceedingly unhappy.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: I got a new to me 2011 Impala, advice? by gfh77665 @ Yesterday at 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverHere's one, a 2010 with 93k miles on it. According to the carfax it had to have t-stat replaced, ps pump and the trans cooler lines repaired over six years and over 90k miles. Not too bad. All cars have their issue
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Helix Conventional / Semi-Synth Oils by SR5 @ Yesterday at 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: PopsyHappy Birthday! Thanks mate
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: What are you paying for fuel now? by Garak @ Yesterday at 02:21 AM

Here, it's something like 92.4.
Jump to new posts Re: Are you a oil hoarder? by SR5 @ Yesterday at 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: GarakThat certainly works here, too. By the way, happy birthday! Thanks mate.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: what is the problem with the "new" gas cans? by Garak @ Yesterday at 02:19 AM

I mentioned in another thread that the old vented cans have made a return up here, thankfully.
Jump to new posts Re: Conoco Phillips Lubricants Updates by SR5 @ Yesterday at 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: dustyroadsI've been meaning to look at the Phillips 66 sites for any news but haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for bringing this to light! Always appreciate the HTHS specs for their oils. Too bad the others wouldn't publis
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Helix Conventional / Semi-Synth Oils by Popsy @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

Happy Birthday!
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil ultra 5w30 back in stock at Walmart.com by Garak @ Yesterday at 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: ST2008Nothing at Walmart.ca. Not fair If you're not averse to an EcoBox, like I mentioned in another thread, NAPA Canada has them at a somewhat sensible price. It's not the best deal on oil you'll ever find, but it's Ultra,
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Honda GX35 question by dirtydannyd @ Yesterday at 02:08 AM

Hi all. I have a whipper snipper with a Honda GX 35 motor. It has an issue where if it's at WOT throttle it chokes itself and conks out. If I release the throttle in time, it revives itself. If I hold at 3/4 throttle it's fine. It's just when I go t
Jump to new posts Re: Shell X100 30/40? by SavagePatch @ Yesterday at 02:03 AM

I don't understand why you chastise others for making topics that you deem old and "beating a dead horse" but you want to discuss an ancient oil. This is BITOG. No oil discussion should be deemed off topic and it's up to the individual memb
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Need advices for oil filter inspection by Farmer @ Yesterday at 01:51 AM

Any torn pleats Soft or hard ADBV Basically look for any imperfections if there are any Admire your filter?
Jump to new posts Re: Are you a oil hoarder? by Garak @ Yesterday at 01:50 AM

That certainly works here, too. By the way, happy birthday!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Need advices for oil filter inspection by ST2008 @ Yesterday at 01:45 AM

Hi I'm going to OC soon and this time I decide to disassemble the oil filter for inspection. It will be my first time and I need advices for the best way to remove the shell and also for the useful and important things I should look at. Anyway than
Jump to new posts Re: Conoco Phillips Lubricants Updates by Garak @ Yesterday at 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: car51I know this; curious as to why it's SM rated and some places can use it in "mixed fleets" A high ZDDP 30 grade oil can be SM or SN, provided they list the CJ-4 first, as in CJ-4/SM or CJ-4/SN.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech- ST3387- Virgin cut open by dishdude @ Yesterday at 01:28 AM

Gotta respect Wix, even the cheapest junk filter they make is built like a tank.
Page 32 of 67 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66 67 >