07/25/14 06:35 PM
This Will Make For An Interesting Gun Rights Case
by ryansride2017
07/25/14 05:56 PM
Newest Members
MechanicsHelper, ka6uup, jmrico, drdburch, shadizzle2
50764 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (2010_FX4, 901Memphis, abycat, AITG, 97tbird, 123Saab, 10 invisible), 1675 Guests and 242 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50764 Members
64 Forums
216795 Topics
3412567 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Honda MM logic vs. BITOG logic by kschachn @ Today at 08:58 AM

This is an excellent question, along with asking how "being so concerned about the possibility of engine wear I am getting UOAs on my oil changes" shows useful information? Originally Posted By: badtlcwhat in your UOAs told you the MM was
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Vehicle Maintenance by Quattro Pete @ Today at 08:56 AM

I just use Excel. For fuel tracking, I use fuelly.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: QS3614 (Puro Classic) cut open. by mjk @ Today at 08:56 AM

Good to see. Been using that filter for a v6 Camry for at least 3 years. Great bang for your buck.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Stelth @ Today at 08:55 AM

Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella T6 5w-40, 13,015 mi., 2003 Jetta ALH by A_Harman @ Today at 08:54 AM

A lead reading of 8 is not by itself a concern. If it's a spike, it's not a very significant one. Watch how it trends in subsequent UOA's. You should be able to extend the OCI's significantly judging by the TBN of 5.6 at 13k miles. RT6 starts wit
Automotive General Topics
cars are getting too complex because people are too dumb. since people are too dumb, they don't realize cars are getting too complex. in short, we all be screwed because the NWO doesn't want any human driving a car.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Marvel Mystery Oil on Suzuki GSX1250FA by sunruh @ Today at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShopOriginally Posted By: sunruhdyno testing has shown that 4oz per 2gal gives a big gain. steve Mercy Steve... "big gain" like what amounts are you talking about??? well you guys got me curious and i
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts BMW ATF Lifetime by 2008wrx @ Today at 08:53 AM

Why does BMW claim their ATF is life time; means no need to change? Anyone knows if BMW and Audi are doing something similar? Thanks. Happy friday
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Vehicle Maintenance by lugNutz @ Today at 08:52 AM

I'm looking at possibly putting all of my vehicle maintenance information into some website for tracking it. Sorta curious if some of you use them, what you think of them, and which one you use. I keep a log book in my car and write down everything
Jump to new posts Re: Honda MM logic vs. BITOG logic by badtlc @ Today at 08:51 AM

what in your UOAs told you the MM was wrong?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: QS3614 (Puro Classic) cut open. by Char Baby @ Today at 08:47 AM

That's a very good looking inside. Much better looking media than the current PuroClassics and I have a PuroClassic #10241(same as your QS3614) and they haven't looked this good in quite some time. You probably don't know whether your 3614 old stock
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on General Grabber AT2 by tymeador @ Today at 08:43 AM

I've had the general grabber at2's on my 4wd xterra for 21k miles now. They still look brand new but i do rotate them every other oil change. They seem like a solid tire and perform well OR.
Originally Posted By: Miller88The Versas have DI now And have had stability control, anti-lock brakes, brake force distribution, electronic brake assist, multiple airbag systems, TPMS, continuously variable valve timing, Bluetooth, etc. I don't t
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Echo Trimmer Carb rebuild, er upgrade by Ope_Freak @ Today at 08:41 AM

LOL, you going to cut a notch out of your friggin torso so you dont bump yourself with the airfilter when trimming??
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave5358 @ Today at 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: MolaKuleQuote:It is a fact that when one technical user of this forum was challenged to simply obtain the FAA approval, application materials, test results submitted, etc. - public documents that he should be able to understand,
Jump to new posts Re: Honda MM logic vs. BITOG logic by pbm @ Today at 08:39 AM

BITOG has had the opposite effect on me. I used to be a 3K OCI guy until BITOG enlightened me to my wasteful ways. I seriously doubt I'll ever go 10K on an OCI but I have gone 7K and 8K several times since coming here.
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re:Maxlife Blend 20w-50 2500 miles 91 BMW R100GS by vintageant @ Today at 08:39 AM

Huge amount of Moly, but very low zinc for a 20W50
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil 20W50 5,663 miles in BMW Motorcycle R1100S by Bandito440 @ Today at 08:37 AM

Welcome to the forum! I was an R1100S owner just a couple of years ago. Track down the Laser exhaust for that bike if you can. It sounds oh so sweet. Your UOA looks good, and very similar to the one I ran.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on General Grabber AT2 by vintageant @ Today at 08:34 AM

We chose general Grabber AT2 205/75/15 for the 2013 Peking to Paris Rally Beetle in the face of many comments from experienced rallyists who claimed it wasn't a good choice for such brutal long distance off-road conditions. The performed perfectly!
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Xterra dislike of PureOne oil filter by tymeador @ Today at 08:34 AM

Michael call it as you will but seems to be others to have had the same issue. Do a little research and you will see. I was under the impression that the PureOne (gold filters) were a mid range filter and at least decent filters. M1 for me from now
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil HM 5w20 in new car by wemay @ Today at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: threeputtparOriginally Posted By: bigt61High mileage oil is a drug for a car that needs it. I would never use it on a new car. Down the road when you do need it, it will be less effective if it's been used for the car's whole
The Versas have DI now That's disappointing.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra FAILURE by sayjac @ Today at 08:31 AM

The speculation that this happened because it's an Ultra with wire backed media which uses metal endcaps in the spin on application, doesn't apply to or explain the other non wire backed media cartridge application linked in my previous post, also ha
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Done with Chrome, switched to Firefox! by Hokiefyd @ Today at 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: badtlcThat is really interesting stuff. I have put xubuntu on 3 machines (2 PCs 1 LT) of all older hardware. The general boot time for Xubuntu is about 8 seconds. I have never seen XP boot in less than 15-20 sec. Do you and
Jump to new posts Re: Why would you get a scangauge.... by R2d2 @ Today at 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: GMBoyOriginally Posted By: TurkI love my UltraGauge. Me too. Does much more than the more expensive Scan gauge and is more compact. I have 6 gauges all at once. I've had both, much prefer the ultra-gauge plus the ultra-g
Page 32 of 79 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 78 79 >