by JHZR2
Today at 07:40 PM
MANN or VW Oil Filter?
by Nick1994
Today at 06:59 PM
Best driving practices
by KitaCam
Today at 06:30 PM
remove the inlet water screans on my washer?
by Chris142
Today at 04:30 PM
Generator choke problem
by Kestas
Today at 03:06 PM
Newest Members
Ghound460, b12, tbro, Gazza, 55engineering
51303 Registered Users
Who's Online
113 registered (123Saab, 2004tdigls, 901Memphis, 97prizm, 2010_FX4, 2009Edge, 14 invisible), 1842 Guests and 232 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51303 Members
64 Forums
219244 Topics
3459493 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another rant thread by aquariuscsm @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: michaelluscherOriginally Posted By: KestasEtiquette Etiquette........... PLEASE don't be bringing that up Haha I LOVE that show!! "Hey,it's the bucket lady!!".
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Small Particle MoS2 Settling Time by Apollo14 @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Should you add MoS2 at every oil change? Liqui Moly only give dosing information online.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by Falken @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Yes that was the reference pic I saw if it is ash deposits from burning oil or fuel additives.
Jump to new posts Re: White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by Falken @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Does your oil look normal? If it looks chocolatey it is a HG. But you can blow the HG just beside the combustion chamber and it won't get into the crankcase. Wait till engine cools and top up the coolant and see if a fast idle will make it spill or
Jump to new posts Re: White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by GreeCguy @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Not my plug - but mine looks just like this one
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 legacy and 0w20 synthetic by wemay @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

If you cant trust the company you bought the vehicle from to make a safe oil recommendation, why buy the car from them?
Computers
Jump to new posts Upgraded my server by Nick R @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

It's been a long 3 days. I just finally finished upgrading my server. So what I had previously, was a simple setup. 3 x2TB Western Digital AV-GP drives, a Hitachi 750GB 2.5", and a Samsung 500GB HDD, in a JBOD. Or simply, a spanned volume, usin
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: oil for VW 2.0T FSI by Delta @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: DubsI had been using liquimoly 5 40 but I'd like something more readily available and cheaper, Both M1 0w-40 and Castrol 0w-40 are readily available and both are cheaper than even Rotella T6.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Michelin M/S2 vs A/T2---SNOW! by lukejo @ Yesterday at 08:28 PM

Pulled the trigger on the M/S today. $70 MIR and the young man installing the tires gave me $100 for the set of my old Wranglers. He said he has an old truck that he only puts used on and that this 31X10.5R15LT size is getting tougher to find used.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Any 2011-2013 V6 Camaro Owners Out There? by aquariuscsm @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

How much more is a stripped down/base V8 model?
Jump to new posts Re: White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by GreeCguy @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: FalkenSmell it and see if it smells like burnt sugar Smelling plug now . . . . . It smells like oil. I crushed some of the white powder with my thumb nail and it does kinda smell like caramel . . . . maybe, but then maybe tha
Jump to new posts Re: Volvo taking on water, don't know what else to fix by TXBoltsFan @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Leaking roof rack delete plugs?
Jump to new posts Re: M1 AFE 0w-20 basestock content by Apollo14 @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: ClevyInteresting. Though I'm still thinking the best oil out there,in Canada,dollar for dollar is co-op 0w-40. The bottle claims to be pao,a very high concentration based on the -70c pour point(iirc). I think it would make th
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: My last L14610 cut open by sprite1741 @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

I had a Pure-1 tear around 5k miles as well. I have a Wix that has been in service since Jan that replaced it. It will be removed this week. Not at all worried about the Wix, but I wouldn't trust a purolator on anything I cared about.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: m1 or GC 0w40? by ukmastermind @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Gosh I was straight down the middle too..... price is the same, so maybe I'll give the Castro a try. Its made in Germany like the filter
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer by Stelth @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: kschachnTo do what exactly? Originally Posted By: StelthLucas products are universally despised here. I personally think they have their uses. If I were going to use it in a newer car, I'd use a half-quart of the synthetic st
Jump to new posts Re: White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by Falken @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Smell it and see if it smells like burnt sugar
Jump to new posts Re: Frankenjug 5qt by Apollo14 @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: ShannowWhen they install systems that cut the power of the engine to ensure that they don't get into excessive and adverse wear from oil that's excessiveley thinned due to work, I trust that they are doing that now for a purpose
Jump to new posts Re: White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by GreeCguy @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: FalkenMaybe you are burning coolant? That's what I was afraid of. I'm thinking I might need to add another pack of Walnut dust.
Jump to new posts Re: White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by Falken @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Maybe you are burning coolant? Edit: looked it up: oil and fuel deposits leaving ash
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 F150 3.5L 32,089mi & Kendall FS 5w30 3,975mi by volk06 @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Thanks. I switched brands because I could get the PUP as the same price as kendall and its more convenient to get.
Jump to new posts White powder/crystals on spark plug electrodes by GreeCguy @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

Good evening and greetings to all in the land of the Great and Awesome Bitog! So, as some of you might have gathered, I've been a working on "Thunder the Wonder Pig." She's a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with the 3.1 V-6. This morning I
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: How many speeds are enough? by NYEngineer @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

I just built a couple of mountain bikes with 29" wheels for friends. One of them got an 11-36 ten speed cassette and a 30 tooth single ring up front. Only one ring, no front derailleur, no shifter, no cable. Another one got the same cassett
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Napa 41315 (Wix 51315XP) 8k; 2002 Focus Zetec by JDW @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: KCJeepAgreed, Wix filters always seem to look good. I can't believe the low efficiency Wix claims for this filter though. X2
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Northern Lights May Ignite in Northern U.S. by CourierDriver @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

I just shot off 4 roman candles, does that count....
Page 32 of 63 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 62 63 >