by 02s4audi
04/21/15 07:23 AM
5 Million chickens ??
by CourierDriver
04/21/15 07:00 AM
WHAT ABOUT
by Baseball17
04/21/15 01:46 AM
Can an overheating engine REALLY cause a fire?
by Avery4
04/20/15 10:55 PM
Oil recommendation for Chevy LS7 454 crate engine?
by 340_Magnum
04/20/15 10:44 PM
"High Age" oil
by otis24
04/20/15 10:12 PM
Mobil1 AFE 0w20 in 2014 Mazda3
by adamgirard
04/20/15 09:38 PM
M1 0w-40 in a Saturn SL1
by faramir9
04/20/15 09:21 PM
Big Lots Peak oil BOGO $3.80
by SpeedyG75VW
04/20/15 08:50 PM
Newest Members
bisonwings, P7M8HK, Evie2015, Jimdraper, adamgirard
53665 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (Asterix, Andrei, anl0109, 2010_FX4, 01_celica_gt, 11 invisible), 1676 Guests and 217 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53665 Members
66 Forums
230086 Topics
3682209 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which Centric Rotor for my Accord? by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

Rotors: Centric Premium The Stoptech slotted and drilled rotors start out as the Premiums. Pads: Akebono ProACT or Wagner Thermoquiet
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California farmers fear wells will soon go dry by linkbelt @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

"What has been, shall be"
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tree question - property line by stockrex @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

pop_rivit, The part over my neighbor is safe, but I rather get rid of it then take any chances. 440Mag, I hear you, I did not want to [censored] him off by saying I am cutting it off.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Pepboys $15 off any 5qt and filter by mattwithcats @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Valvoline NextGen full synthetic 5W-30... 5 quarts, $27.20 http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/817213/00121
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Challenges of stop/start engine lubrication by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: PhishinThis is what I found most interesting: In benchmarking trials, Mann's development team has has seen some oils “surprisingly deficient” in this respect, a situation suggesting imperfectly matched additive combinations. Th
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts of Castrol EDGE Extended Performance? by Brigadier @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

Just put the 5W30 flavor in my wife's 13 Mazda 3 2.0. Seems to make no difference other than quiets it down a bit vs 0W20. MPG seems unchanged.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: What oil do NHRA cars use? by A_Harman @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

Also check out the other Redline race oils from that webpage. Each of them has a different recommended usage.
Jump to new posts Re: Little mail trucks by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

I guess it takes the risk of theft away. It also adds a lot of wear on the starter and battery I imagine.
Coolant Analysis
Jump to new posts ASTM-1881 Coolant Foam test by DTryon @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

I have heard mixed reviews on the "Hot foam" test and the validity or relevance of the data it provides. I am skeptical my self. if anyone has any information either way to help that would be great
Jump to new posts Re: *Don't Fall For Shaddy Oil Testing by deven @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: kschachnSo friction and heat affect TBN retention? Originally Posted By: devenBuster, it's funny you posted this. I was chatting with Jimmy at RP about RPs ability to have great TBN retention like you pointed out in my UOA thr
Jump to new posts Little mail trucks by gman2304 @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

My mail person pulls up to my mailbox, shuts the engine off, engages parking brake, walks 10 feet to my mailbox, deposits mail, walks back to the little truck, disengages brake, starts truck, drives to the next house, rinse and repeat. This has to be
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Are racing teams paid by M1, Castrol, etc.? by glock19 @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MolaKuleOriginally Posted By: aquariuscsmBack when Carl Edwards raced for Roush Fenway his car used Valvoline Next Gen every race. Saw something kind've funny watching this past weekend's rac,a Ford car with a "corvettepar
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Challenges of stop/start engine lubrication by zach1900 @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

I'll stay with"thick" 5-10w30.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: looking for fully synthetic SAE 40 single grade by lawnguy @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

Royal Purple offers a SAE 40 w fully synthetic
Jump to new posts Re: What oil do NHRA cars use? by car51 @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

Thank you Olas, I will read up on this. Thanks turtle eye also sir;)
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Challenges of stop/start engine lubrication by Quest @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Thanks for sharing. Q.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Backing into parking places..... by Cadenza @ Yesterday at 03:08 PM

Backing-in is taught by several driving schools for most of the reasons noted here. The Smith System teaches it to many large fleets (UPS, e.g.) and it's catching on in the general population.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission temperature by Whitewolf @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

Yes but don't forget that these temps and times are meant to accelerate the degradation. The DKA has been well proven in Europe and used over there for several decades. The test condition must also be able to sort the good from the bad in fluids.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Any V-8 juice lovers here? by car51 @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

Thanks stevesrt8. As I should use my blender more, it works well for me so far
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which Centric Rotor for my Accord? by Kool1 @ Yesterday at 02:59 PM

If cost is not really a factor I would pass on Centric and go Genuine Honda OEM.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic transmission temperature by MolaKule @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Quote:Can you explain what lab experiments were used to determine that? I have a minor in chemistry and am familiar with the general rule that reaction rates are doubled/halved with each 10 C in temperature, but how do you measure the overall fluid l
Jump to new posts Re: What oil do NHRA cars use? by turtlevette @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

70wt because of nitro dilution.
Jump to new posts Re: What oil do NHRA cars use? by Olas @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

A lot of them use this or similar http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=18
Jump to new posts Re: *Don't Fall For Shaddy Oil Testing by aquariuscsm @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: devenBuster, it's funny you posted this. I was chatting with Jimmy at RP about RPs ability to have great TBN retention like you pointed out in my UOA thread and guess what he pointed directly at? Yes the timken test. He did a
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 13 GLI - Rotella T6 UOA by wemay @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

6.7 TBN..... 'nuff said.
Page 32 of 92 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 91 92 >