Recent Topics
Annuity Investment - What Options are There?
by ZeeOSix
4 minutes 20 seconds ago
Replacement oil filter seals ?
by Merkava_4
55 minutes 39 seconds ago
Best oil for long term storage (car, not oil)
by Popsy
Today at 12:40 AM
2015 Laguna Seca WSB Picture Show... part 1
by BusyLittleShop
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Plan for My Engine's Longevity - Please Critique
by tjdean01
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Anyone going to try Ravenol 0w16?
by Klutch9
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Chinese-built Volvo Will Come to US
by HTSS_TR
Yesterday at 10:03 PM
El Salador Pictures
by donnyj08
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
$10 SOPUS Coupon on PP & PPHM @ Autozone
by Nyogtha
Yesterday at 09:20 PM
How Thin Can it go ?
by MrJhynx
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
Plan 'B' for bleeders when Blaster and time fail?
by mrsilv04
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
G-05 in a 2005 Nissan
by KeithS_NW_Ohio
Yesterday at 08:49 PM
Newest Members
Scast, bronco79, Everrocking, doc4bax, trailhauler74
54866 Registered Users
Who's Online
32 registered (azsynthetic, akela, 901Memphis, Bandito440, 5 invisible), 626 Guests and 85 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54866 Members
66 Forums
235026 Topics
3780457 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by Burt @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralAll the men are ugly, compared to the attractive women. I think it was the Great Prophet and Wise Man, Jerry Seinfeld, who said men were all hideous, or words to that effect. That said, the attractive women are gett
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by KrisZ @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

Shorts at work, I say bring it on. It wouldn't last a week I bet
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Ram 5.7 hemi actual oil capacity by Rojack @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

When changing oil and filter does it take 7 quarts or +/-
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: First look at the 2016 Accord by double vanos @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

Agreed on the stiffness of the 19 inch wheels, I'm sure they degrade the ride over what a 17 or 18 would do. Question: what you supposedly gain in handling performance with the 19s over, say, some 17s, is it that much more performance, and is it wort
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Colorado/Canyon diesel news release. by cptbarkey @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

bravo on the exhaust brake. too bad it will languish on the lots for any number of predicable reasons.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by eljefino @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

When it comes to larger office buildings, the cooling has to get the warmest possible spot down to "good" and then the rest of the sub-zones have to be heated back up. You run into problems with computer servers all being in one room, etc.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by Alfred_B @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

I find it funny that stories with outrageous headlines and content (the WaPo garbage in this case) garner so much attention and generate a self-recycling anger. Stop paying attention to clickbait articles designed to generate anger and your life wil
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Where to find a special drill bit. by EdwardC @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Agreed with the above, you really want to get a sharp bit. How long it stays sharp is what you pay for with better drill bits. Also agree with the center punch tip. I went years without a center punch, trying to use nails with the hammer, or just le
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Regal: A/C misbehaving by Hokiefyd @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Yeah -- you've got an air blend door that's not working right. It could be a sticking or binding door, or it could be a bad motor with stripped gears (or both...maybe one followed the other). I appreciate completely automatic HVAC systems (both of
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ... and they stole some used tires! by Donald @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: eljefinohttp://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Man...-318762261.html "Not an inside job" when ATM employees leave $150,000 in the grass, and some scrappers grab it. The ATM employee could have left it for an accomplic
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by KGMtech @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

We need men's offices and separated women's offices. The walls in each can be decorated in stereotypical posters suited to each gender, ex Chuck Norris vs Fluffy Kittens. Kitchens to be separate. Men's to have stainless steel counter tops and Hoba
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Colorado/Canyon diesel news release. by Burt @ Yesterday at 11:05 AM

It is ideal if you are hauling trailers for a living. Otherwise, run...
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Late model Grand Caravan spare tire.. by Hokiefyd @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

This started in 2005, with the introduction of Stow 'n' Go. The spare used to live under the rear of the van, and was quite easy to access, but they needed that space for the third row storage well. It is hard to access the spare in its new locatio
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by shrooms @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

IIRC, women have thinner skin, therefore they feel colder. My wife always feels cold, BUT she's smart enough to know to wear a sweater at work and cover herself with bedsheets in bed. The notion that A/C is sexist is totally idiotic.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Diesel fuel additives and optimal salad dressing. by Jetronic @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: TiredTruckerSince virtually all diesel, at least at major truck stop chains, has between B2 and B20 biodiesel already in it, I don't add anything for lubricity. Biodiesel not only adds considerable lubricity, it also raises ce
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Thanks for sympathies. My wife needs it more than I do. We been married 6 years, and its her uncle who lives out of state, and I didn't get to know him that well. its a 2003 Chevy Blazer, so no warranty to worry about. 7 mile commute to work, whi
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Diesel fuel additives and optimal salad dressing. by Jetronic @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: Jetronicwell, from the commonly available oils here, and other papers about the same sort of research, I'm adding a bit of peanut oil to each tank.. 500 ppm aswell... been doing this for 2 years now
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant Testing Strips (Do they test enough?) by Donald @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: 2civicsWell, I didn't know they expired. Some of them run upwards of 20.00 too. I just read the reviews on Amazon.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by Benzadmiral @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

All the men are ugly, compared to the attractive women. I think it was the Great Prophet and Wise Man, Jerry Seinfeld, who said men were all hideous, or words to that effect. That said, the attractive women are getting rarer where I live.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by 2civics @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: BenzadmiralI see (ugly) men and women in shorts all the time outside work. I don't want to see them here, and I don't like wearing them myself unless I'm exercising. As opposed to the more appealing "good looking" m
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion about the Colt 1911 XSE series? by Hokiefyd @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed_FleckoI'll likely apply for my CCW permit, and it seems like it would be a great choice for a good price. I'm not sure of the connection, here. If California law requires one to have a concealed handgun permit to purchase a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Late model Grand Caravan spare tire.. by JTK @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

After 2yrs and ~38K miles of hardship.. er.. I mean ownership, I decided a few days ago I better drop and check the spare tire on our 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SE. For those that aren't aware, the spare on ~2012+ (not positive on the year it started)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The latest insanity: A/C is sexist by Benzadmiral @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

I see (ugly) men and women in shorts all the time outside work. I don't want to see them here, and I don't like wearing them myself unless I'm exercising.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Aftermarket pan with drain plug for 3T40 THM125C? by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

Does the B&M drain plug kit work well?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Braun 5 shaver question by Benzadmiral @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

Orange means "I'm going to cut you." It happened to me. One day, shaving happily with my Braun, I felt a sting. I thought I'd pulled a hair. Instead a thin line of blood began to show: A sharp bit of the foil had separated and was stic
Page 32 of 84 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 83 84 >