Napa Platinum Cut open, used ~8k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pictures of my Napa Platinum that has about 8k on it, and roughly 10 months of service. Anyway, nothing unexpected. Another high quality Wix filter, but with nice synthetic backed media. Construction is top notch. No surprises. Any debris in the pictures was created by me. Me tube cutter is out on loan, so I used a cutoff wheel to open this.

Nice to see it. Thanks for cutting up and posting up. One of several good choices in the syn media filter market.

That media looks perfect at 8K.. Hard to tell from the pics I guess, but it looks like it's in awesome shape still.

I like those filters, I have always used Napa Golds until recently.

Ive used a few of these now, and they seem to be a very high quality filter. They are a little more expensive than some of the others, but not totally out of line. Wix has always been a respectable manufacturer, so it gives piece of mind also. The media is in great shape, I'm sure I could have kept running it with out any problems, but 8k is about all I like to run on my oil. It is nice to see evenly spaced, straight pleats though.

Absolutely a great deal at Napa going on at $7.54 for most canisters. I have cut the Golds (XX356) open and they were great at 12k/2 OCI's. I wonder what these could do in a fairly well maintained engine?!

Thanks for the pics!

Looking good! I just got me a box of 6 XP filters today.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
thumbsup2.gif

What did those end up costing?

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Absolutely a great deal at Napa going on at $7.54 for most canisters. I have cut the Golds (XX356) open and they were great at 12k/2 OCI's. I wonder what these could do in a fairly well maintained engine?!

Thanks for the pics!

I just saw that. I'll prob pick a few up. Normally about $12 something

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
thumbsup2.gif

What did those end up costing?

$57 and some change with shipping on Fleet Discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back