Lab error/consumed.

Originally Posted By: cornfused
Any idea why the tbn is so low?
Hello Fuel!

Looks good Pabs.

Any idea on the Fuel?

Bill

Quote:
I started the car cold and drove it from the front yard to the back and drained the oil. I thought the fuel would be a bit high....

Same story as the Volvo.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:
I started the car cold and drove it from the front yard to the back and drained the oil. I thought the fuel would be a bit high....

Same story as the Volvo.
I did not see that in this thread.. Must be late....

It's rather scary how fast we are putting miles on this van - nearing 70K. My wife drives a LOT plus we took some nice driving trips this summer. I just drained the SSO 0W-30 with nearly 18K miles (3 full OLM runs). Sample goes with out with the packages today and I will post a new UOA with this data.

I put ASM 0W-20.

The good/bad news - van miles will drop off rapidly now. Daughter now has license and drives herself to school (15+ miles one way) starting this week.

High miles on a vehicle are good! Gets you UOA results faster!

:p

Seriously, thanks for the update, and for providing this data.

Hey, maybe if the van isn't getting as many miles on it, you can start using your daughters Accord as you 'test rig'.....

I would stick with this oil it is doing a good job. It thickened but almost all Amsoil oils thicken they always have. It is kind of like when M1 0W40 shear's itis not a suprise at all pretty common! So no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back