2007 Suzuki SX4 Factory-Fill / 870 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
FactoryfilloilSX4870miles600scan-1.jpg

Now I can finally join the Bitog UOA club.
thumbsup2.gif

I wasn't going to have the factory-fill analyzed, but after having lost my "special blend" sample to the postal service, I was eager for some sort of baseline. I'm glad I have this report.

The oil looks like good stuff!

DmanWho, it's always interesting to see a factory fill... but it really isn't going to be a good baselin

It seems that the relatively new tradition of using a special "break-in oil" continues. That is some seriously stout stuff ... Boron 93? Moly 1,221? Wow!

Of course, wear should drop dramatically from this point forward. :)

You are correct about the drop in wear metals sir, though my report is taken from a very red and highly oxidized sample, all wear metals are now within the normal range.

This next sample saw an immediate 2,000 mile road-trip in a seven day period, followed up by primarily short-trip drives. I also admit to WOT, quite a few times.
blush.gif

Factory-Fill 870 miles: OE Air Filter / Oil Filter-Tokyo Roki LFS708

Schaeffer 7000 5w-30 / Valvoline SynPower 5w-30 / VSOT
6,525 miles on oil.
7,395 total miles on vehicle.
OE Air Filter / WIX #51396

skewedoilsample6525milesonoil-73-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
...It seems that the relatively new tradition of using a special "break-in oil" continues. That is some seriously stout stuff ... Boron 93? Moly 1,221? Wow!...

On the factory-fill:
Boron: 287
Si: 93

That moly was really surprising.
shocked2.gif
In a good way!

DmanWho, where'd that 2nd set of numbers come from?

Si in a new engine is usually leftover sand from sand-casted parts like the block and the head.

For those that haven't heard about my UOA plight. My home-brew sample, taken hot and midstream back on Feb. 15, was lost in the mail due to an outdated address on the Schaeffer's UOA kit. It never was returned. Thanks USPS! The only evidence of it left, is a notation I made of its physical appearance. I described it as dark (brown), and maybe even a little "murky." It was still a lighter shade of brown than the even darker factory-fill.

My redo home-brew sample, was taken from my "to be recycled" bottles, a couple of months later. This sample was very red in color, even when not in the direct light, and was also quite "sticky." It looked very different than the original.
frown.gif
This sample had also passed through my oil drain pan, which can't be thouroghly cleaned out. My oil dran pan has seen ATF fluid and the factory-fill oil.

Here's a pic of the type of oil drain pan I am using.
envirofloover_18.jpg

About the VSOT...
My ratios are proprietary.
grin2.gif

I used 30oz. of VSOT in this blend. Two of the 15oz. bottles.

Originally Posted By: DmanWho
I used 30oz. of VSOT in this blend. Two of the 15oz. bottles.

Wow!! May I ask why so much? That explains the Viscosity and the moly. Hey it looks good especially if you were doing WOT on that sample too. Keep an eye on the tin. If it stays higher than 3, I'd cut down on the VSOT a bit and not thicken the oil much.

My plan was to clean out that break-in debris, and duplicate the Honda type break-in oil.

I didn't know that Suzuki has their own special break-in brew. 1221 for moly. What a number!

I noticed that viscosity too.
shocked2.gif
Where's oil shearing when you need it?!
grin2.gif

Not exactly sure what to take from that 13 viscosity, because of the oxidation... I need some enlightening.

Gas prices have slowed my amount of WOT runs, but this little car seems to be asking for it, and sometimes I just can't help myself.

I'm pretty sure that the RLI based blend I have in there now, will be reporting back thinner. I'm only about 1,000 miles into my projected 7-7,500 mile OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back