Landis Wins Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
An amazing feat to make up 8 minutes. Another great athlete. All this while overcoming hip problems.

Tour Winner

smile.gif

I enjoyed what I saw of the Tour this year...unfortunately I didnt get to see much...most recent I saw Landis crack on the last mountian stage, so was kinda surprised to see him take it...but then again I think that stage where he cracked kinda defined this years Tour, it was just a strange Tour, pretty much unpredictable and that anything could have happened...and it did...I was pretty surprised to see him come back to win it after cracking.

Yep, a very amazing feat of human endurance and performance! The icing on the cake is that I'm sure the French are massively depressed that yet another American has won "their" race. :)

Congrats to Floyd, and best wishes on a successful surgery and recovery!

LeMond wins with buckshot in his lungs after an accidental shooting, Armstrong after cancer, and Landis with a necrotic hip soon to be replaced. Hmmm. Gives new meaning to "taking one for the team."

Who is really shocked?
Pro sports are a joke.
No records even matter to me any more.
It's all about money and drugs.
Spoiled babies that I am grateful my kids don't idolize or otherwise care about.

Scott

I'm with Scott. I only watch college football now. I don't have much free time so I try to be particular about where I spend it. Watching roid raging pro's pretend to set records isn't something I'm into. I think there is too much $$$ on the line nowdays and you HAVE to do the drugs to keep up with the next guy that just got the huge check if you want a shot at the brass ring. JMO.

Well, per breaking news, here we go again. Landis may have had a little help from a little testosterone patch on his... oh, you get the idea.

It's really impossible to know who is doped and who isn't. Also, it seems to me the real issue is mostly who gets caught doping and who doesn't. The best cheater gets the best chance at winning.

Maybe it's time to just allow doping in professional sports. The ones who don't dope will probably not ever win, but at least they can still look in a mirror -- and winning is really not what sports is all about. It's all about the love for the sport and fair competition. Right?
wink.gif

Good lawyers can make it look like certain foods he ate will also give false positives in laboratory procedures. It's easy to do, I've worked in labs for years and have seen many false positives.

quote:

Originally posted by drm7:
I'm with Scott. I only watch college football now. I don't have much free time so I try to be particular about where I spend it. Watching roid raging pro's pretend to set records isn't something I'm into. I think there is too much $$$ on the line nowdays and you HAVE to do the drugs to keep up with the next guy that just got the huge check if you want a shot at the brass ring. JMO.

I'm not trying to start something here but college sports is just as corrupt as pro. The "drug" use may not be as wide spread but those "athletes" are getting a little more than the average Joe. I agree that it is all about the money. "Show Me The Money" (in my best Cuba voice).

One thing which is a little different about cycling is the penalty for getting caught. There is a 2 year suspension (ban) for the 1st offense. There is a LIFETIME ban for the second. You show me ANY other sport which has that severe a penalty. Almost every body else is a fine or a few games off. Big deal. What's $50K to these guys making millions a year? Nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back