Who supplies Kroger gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kroger just started selling gas in this area. Does anyone know who supplies it? Is it any good? Is it as good as the name brand gas?

I am inclined to stick with name brand gas, but Kroger is offering a 10 cents per gallon discount with their Kroger Plus card.

I have had some gas related problems with cars in the past and do not want to take any chances with something that may not be up to par.

By Federal law and EPA oversite all gas is made to the same formulation. The unknown of how dirty it is or how much water or alcohol is in it, can happen at any station. I have gotten bad gas at name brand stations. I use a lot of Murphy/Walmart because of the discount with the shoppers card.

Gizmo, I have no idea who supplies Kroger brand gasoline in your area, but I can tell you this: In the Tampa Bay area of Florida where I live, there is a large bulk storage facility on Hooker's Point in Tampa. It's owned by Marathon oil, but you will see 18-wheeler tankers from every brand name gasoline retailer in the area pull in there and fill up from the same set of fuel racks. It's all basically the same stuff.

All depnds on who your suppliers are in that region. In some areas, there is only one, so if thats the case, then you are getting the same thing you get somewhere else.

In my market, gas comes from one of four refiners. One maintains a completely separate distribution system from the others. Some brands are affiliated with a refinery here, so you know where they are coming from. All the rest is a crapshoot, and varies DAILY at many locations - depends on where they can get the best wholesale price.

Gasoline is like oil - it must meet minimum specs. That doesn't mean there aren't gasolines that are better than others.

For example, one refiner here sells low sulphur gasoline, another offers it only in premium, and the rest you have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back