Funeral donations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods... If this post is out of bounds my opologies and delete it if needed.

My fiancee's uncle passed last Monday. His health was not the greatest but his passing was a suprize. We had Thanksgiving with him and he passed the following Monday.

The family is strapped for cash and at this point don't have enough money to cremate his remains.

His son set up a donation thing which isn't doing well

http://www.gofundme.com/5m91r8

I must add that Danny made some bad decisions when he was younger. He did his time and kept his nose clean ever since. So thats in the past and I'm just trying to get some closure for his 87 yr old mother who is heart broken.

If somebody feels compelled to help out that would be apreciated.
Thx guys.

Originally Posted By: Chris142

The family is strapped for cash and at this point don't have enough money to cremate his remains.

Soliciting is prohibited. However, others have posted on here soliciting help, though generally a prayer request or an approval or vote for something on a website. This is on the borderline, but it doesnt appear that there is a profit interest, so Ill let it go for now, pending final decision.

So I have to ask, what happens to the body if one cant afford to cremate or bury?

Chris, do you or your cousin have PayPal account.?
That site takes only CC.

If they cant raise the money the state will put him in an unmarked grave somewhere. I read that they burry john doe's and one that cant afford the funeral or cremation in a big hole and cover them up.

No paypal that i know of.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
If they cant raise the money the state will put him in an unmarked grave somewhere. I read that they burry john doe's and one that cant afford the funeral or cremation in a big hole and cover them up.

No paypal that i know of.

I must learn more on the John Doe part.

Not sure of this helps but find a local motorcycle group or similar that helps the community and see if they will set up a benefit. They are usually pretty quick and do wonders around my area.

This is an exception to the rule because none of us know when the last day will be. Not everyone is in a position to come up with the cost of a funeral especially now.

Have someone set up a pay pal account in addition ask a local group to have a fund raiser for the family. As ram_man said we have groups down here that come to the aid of truly needy families. Ask the funeral home if they will extend the family a payment plan. A friend of mine in NM has a funeral home and will extend credit in certain cases and will try to keep the cost as low as possible.

Helen

Have them go talk to a local church. Lot's of times there are funds for these types of things or at the very least the pastor/ priest has dealt with them in the past.

ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back