Mopar oil filters at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone here has seen Mopar oil filters at their local walmart and how much they were. I've heard that all walmarts will be carrying Mopar filters in the future, anyone seen them? Thanks

Believe it. They are at my local one, West Mifflin Pennsylvania.

only carry one size MO-090, which fits MOST of their vehicles actually. They are 4.97 here.

I am now looking for the Mopar brand ATF+4 fluid they are supposed to sell!

Here in Grants Pass, Oregon as well....Mopar oil filtrs and transmission fluid so far....wonder what the local stealership thinks.....
cheers.gif

sxg6, Mopar oil filters are a crapshoot. Chrysler buys 'em in batches from the lowest bidder. Sometimes the low bidder is...Fram!
shocked.gif
pat.gif

For a $5 filter, I'd buy a Wix or Pure One and *know* I had a good filter.
cheers.gif

The Mopar filters at my area WalMarts appear internally similar to Motorcrafts with baseplate mounted coil spring bypass valves, so probably made by Arvin-Merritor.

Well, they have not hit down here yet. The oneI just cut apart has a base plate bypass, metal ends, and a string around the media. Seems to be a decent looking filter (I know, I know, you can't tell by looks alone).

I worked for Dodge 5 years ago, and I asked them who makes their filters, and our rep could not tell me. He said they just changed and they had no idea who was making them. That shocked the **** out of me.

A Mopar filter is always a cr*p shoot. Could be made by anyone, depending on who won the contract for that production bid. I've seen Wixes and I've seen Frams inside. They're always changing.

No way I'm paying $5 for a Mopar logo wrapped around a mystery filter.

Thread resurrection!!

Saw the Mopar oil filters last night at Wally's in the ATL suburbs. They had the -090 mentioned above and the filter for the Cummins diesel. I bought the -090 for about $5.00. The diesel filter was $9.88-ish. Quality looked as good as the Motorcraft's I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back