Purolator Part #s for Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2.0 Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys , emailed Purolator last night to get their recommended part numbers for the skyactiv engine. Here is their reply :

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Refer below for the filter part#s.

Thank you,

James

Purolator Classic-L14612
Pure One- PL14612
Purolator Synthetic-PSL14612

and now for a post that helps everyone including the OP

http://www.pureoil.com/ProductFinder.aspx?action=AS

purolator part lookup webpage. Why ask someone when you can do it yourself.

ok maybe not that website seems outdated
smile.gif

probably why he emailed them.

Last edited:
Wow , I couldnt have thought of that ......... NOT!
27.gif

The reason I emailed them was because through various cross references , sometimes this filter wasnt matching up. Also since its a really new product, I wasnt sure Purolator has specific parts designed for it or not. Now that we have concrete evidence , from the company rep , I am satisfied about compatibility with my vehicle. Thought I would share that info with the users here. Especially since the part stores like AAP do not list this as a compatible product for this car.

Last edited:
I would not use anything other than Mazda OEM filters at this point. The aftermarket filter brands seem to confuse the older MZR 2.0 liter engine with the Skyactiv 2.0 liter and they DO NOT use the same filter, even though the filter would fit.

I ordered three online for about $7 each. My dealership says they actually charge less than $7, plus tax of course. Someone on here cut one open. They are good filters, made in Japan. Why take chances? I do know that the filter for the older engine has a different bypass pressure spec and the OEM filters do not use an ADBV because it is not needed.

Love the car , even more after putting the f1 asymmetrics on.

That was the very reason for the email. I provided him with my vin # in the email. Their part # for the mzr is different from what I posted.

Hello, I'm goin' with DBMaster's conclusion. My sister just bought one and I saw gaps in the filter coverage. I cross-referenced numbers and double checked too. Merely buying Mazda filters for a while is so safe I didn't commit the search results to memory. I do recall one major company stating that they didn't have a filter for the Skyactiv engine at this time. I admire that plain, open honesty. With all the Mazda3s I see on the road, I'll bet it'll be covered real soon. HUMOR: One company's filter crossed to a 1978 Skoda-no thank you. Kira

Lol we will find out in 5000 miles. As far as oem tires go , the new tires have a razor sharp response. And boat loads of grip. I highly recommend these tires to anyone with this car.

^Do we have the same tires? Bridgestone Turanza EL 400? If so, you must drive a lot less aggressively than I do. In hard cornering they squeal and start to lose grip - on dry concrete. And yes, they are at the recommended 36 psi.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
^Do we have the same tires? Bridgestone Turanza EL 400? If so, you must drive a lot less aggressively than I do. In hard cornering they squeal and start to lose grip - on dry concrete. And yes, they are at the recommended 36 psi.

We HAD the same tires. However we now have a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S on. Takes handling to a whole another level. Do ride stiff though. There is always a huge grin on my face when I get done driving this car.

Last edited:
What was your opinion of the OEM tires?

The only thing I liked about the OE tires was that they were slightly quieter/softer than the current set. Everything else, the eagles blow them out of the water. If you like razor sharp , responsive , communicative and grippy set of all seasons, these tires should be on top of your list.

That is EXACTLY what I like, with good measure of wet traction thrown in.

Well how about this, I have taken a curve that I wouldnt DARE take in my Acura at 40 mph in dry on these tires in wet at 40 and the tires didnt even squeal. Acura has Comfortred Touring, so no junk tires on either. Im sure part of that is due to Mazda's excellent suspension tuning but I am sure the tires make a big difference in that as well.

That is EXACTLY what I like, with good measure of wet traction thrown in.

smithvalley.jpg

Here is the turn , hardly any brakes. It was late evening , so no traffic.

40 is pretty decent for a corner like that!

I thought so too. Especially since there is a steep bump where the side rd intersects with the main rd which always throws the back around requiring instantaneous opposite lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back