Cycling Glasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear contacts and need cycling glasses that are more like goggles than glasses to keep the sand, dust and bugs out. I also need glasses that are photochromic, because I ride my bike in the open sun, in the dark park and after sunset. I really couldn't find any cycling glasses that fit my needs, and I didn't want to wear real goggles. I ended up getting UVEX Shooter ski glasses that are almost goggles with a soft foam rubber seal around most of the frame. They are photochromic and don't fog up unless I'm sweating a lot and not moving. I got them for under $40 on ebay, which is almost half off list price. I look like a bug with them.

They look like these.

What do you guys wear?

wiley-x supplies the military with goggles and have recently started making goggles/glasses that are for specific purposes. I bought a pair of prescription safety glasses from them that actually look cool, which is hard to find.

I checked the WileyX site. AirRage, Blink and SSG1 models look good and useable, especially with the photochromic LA lenses. Around NZ $300. Online around US $120. Cool stuff!

There are tons of WileyX glasses and goggles on ebay for pretty good prices. I really like the eye cavity seals they have. Depending on how soon I'll scratch my UVEX, which will happen, I'll definitely consider a WileyX.

The Rudy glasses don't seem to have the dust seal, which is what I really need.

I bought 2 pairs of Walmart outdoor glasses from their garden center for 5 bucks each. Once set is tinted, the other is clear. They are impact resistant and block the appropriate UV rays. If they break, I'm only out $5. They are definitely not Oakleys but they're not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back