Super Tech Wiper Blades At WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local WM has done away with the bottom feeder Anco blades and replaced them with Super Tech brand blades. They are priced at $4.37 each. I looked at one and it is made VERY cheap! They might work on an old beater. I sure won't be buying them.

They are probably just as good vs the other cheap offerings available elsewhere. For $4.37 each, I hope it helps those who want/need to save money a little safer.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
The Anco's have been great to me. Especially the winter anco blades. I dont think they are bottom feeder...

I agree.

I have some Anco beam type and they lasted 2-3 years. Even on third year they wipe very well, not as good as original OEM blade which lasted upward 5-6 years, but for what I paid I think they are pretty good.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
The Anco's have been great to me. Especially the winter anco blades. I dont think they are bottom feeder...

Ok, it seems I have ruffled some feathers here. Let me rephrase.
WM sold Anco ( Bottom Feeder-the lowest priced wiper blade in WM's selection of wiper blades ) wiper blades for a long time. They now have replaced the lowest priced blade in their wiper selection with a, IMO, cheaper made wiper blade than what they are replacing, the Anco.
I own very little but I do own a very nice 07 F150, bought new and is now paid for, and I will not put these cheap, IMO, ST wiper blades on my truck. I will now step up to the next better wiper blade WM sells.
BTW, I have bought and used the "Bottom Feeder" Anco blades from WM for many years. I currently have a set on my truck as I am typing this.
thumbsup2.gif

My WM still had Ancos for the cheapest blade when I last looked a couple months ago, and they were less than $5 a piece, but they were cheaper in construction than the last set of Ancos I got. The previous set had an all metal frame. The current ones have plastic at the ends with only the main piece of the frame being metal. I tried them anyway because they were so cheap, but they suck. Lots of chatter. I'll probably replace them with Bosch Steel Tech or Trico Exact Fit.

It looks like Anco has two lines of framed blades now...AeroVantage and 31-Series. AeroVantage has an all metal frame, the 31-Series are the cheapies I found at WM.

I'm lucky if I get 4 months out of ANCO blades from WM - I'll be definately looking for an upgrade for next replacements !

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
I'm lucky if I get 4 months out of ANCO blades from WM - I'll be definately looking for an upgrade for next replacements !

Before I became disabled and was working I decided to spend a few dollars and try some Rain X Latitude blades. They lasted me well over 3 years. IMO, they are well worth the money and do an excellent job.
thumbsup2.gif

I just buy the inserts from the dealership. Fit-and-finish is excellent, as is performance and longevity. They're also cheaper than most of the cheap blade assemblies available at retailers. For BlueOvalFitter, I have found Ford's wiper inserts to be very good.

I've had better luck with cheap wipers than expensive wipers. Had one of the more expensive ones come apart on Saturday in a rainstorm. Wasn't fun.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I've had better luck with cheap wipers than expensive wipers. Had one of the more expensive ones come apart on Saturday in a rainstorm. Wasn't fun.

Right! I usually get the FREE ones from Menards and change yearly.

I use the Kleenview blades from AAP. They work very well and usually last at least a year which is a long life here in the hot Florida sun. Kleenviews are cheap at $6.00 or $7.00 each, and they work just as well as the more expensive brands. They are even cheaper when I buy a set for my Dakota and Mrs. Jimmy's Honda together and pay online with a discount code. I keep our wiper blades clean and treat them with silicone once a month or so to keep the rubber in good shape. A clean windshield also goes a long way towards helping wipers work their best.

I've spent loads of money trying to see if it makes any difference between high-end premium wipers, and OEM basic wipers. Money was no object.
After about two years of doing this, I've come to the conclusion that expensive wipers are a waste of money. In general they work great AT FIRST. Soon however, they wear out or at least the performance quickly fades in a matter of months. I live in a very rainy part of the country and good wipers are essential. I've had the so-called 'best' from Goodyear, RainX, Michelin, and a couple of others. NOT a SINGLE high end wiper performed well after 6 months. The best wipers I've found that consistently perform for 12 months are the Trico Exact Fit blades that are as close to OEM as I've seen. The other wiper brand that seems to be as good is the replacement refills you can get at your dealer (Ford, Chevy, Honda, etc.).
Just my opinion based on spending too much to find out.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I've spent loads of money trying to see if it makes any difference between high-end premium wipers, and OEM basic wipers. Money was no object.
After about two years of doing this, I've come to the conclusion that expensive wipers are a waste of money. In general they work great AT FIRST. Soon however, they wear out or at least the performance quickly fades in a matter of months. I live in a very rainy part of the country and good wipers are essential. I've had the so-called 'best' from Goodyear, RainX, Michelin, and a couple of others. NOT a SINGLE high end wiper performed well after 6 months. The best wipers I've found that consistently perform for 12 months are the Trico Exact Fit blades that are as close to OEM as I've seen. The other wiper brand that seems to be as good is the replacement refills you can get at your dealer (Ford, Chevy, Honda, etc.).
Just my opinion based on spending too much to find out.

I can support your opinion on Trico Exact fit. They are truly and exact fit and work flawlessly for a decent amount of time. I use these whenever available and usually Rockauto has clearance sales of them where I have recently gotten some for $2 a blade.

I've own over 50 cars and trucks in my life time and I always use name brand wiper blades. I've tried them all accept for Wal-marts Super Tech wiper Blades. So, I took a chance and purchased a set for $10.66 with tax. I could tell as soon as I pulled them out of the package they were made better than Anco (which are the ones that worked the best for me). I haven't use them long enough to give an honest opinion, but today it was raining fairly heavy and the wiper blades worked great. no streaking, no chattering. They were very quiet. If I still feel the same way in about six months I will put them on all my vehicles and will be happy with Wal-marts "bottem feeders"

David

Originally Posted By: Truck_Zilla
I've own over 50 cars and trucks in my life time and I always use name brand wiper blades. I've tried them all accept for Wal-marts Super Tech wiper Blades. So, I took a chance and purchased a set for $10.66 with tax. I could tell as soon as I pulled them out of the package they were made better than Anco (which are the ones that worked the best for me). I haven't use them long enough to give an honest opinion, but today it was raining fairly heavy and the wiper blades worked great. no streaking, no chattering. They were very quiet. If I still feel the same way in about six months I will put them on all my vehicles and will be happy with Wal-marts "bottem feeders"

David

Thank you sir, for being a BITOG Guinea pig. Without members like you we don't know what products out there works or not.
And,
welcome2.gif
to the site!

I use relatively cheap wiper blades. I find by cleaning the rubber with a rag soaked in 91% ISO alcohol when I wash the car that they last a pretty long time before replacement is due.

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
I use relatively cheap wiper blades. I find by cleaning the rubber with a rag soaked in 91% ISO alcohol when I wash the car that they last a pretty long time before replacement is due.

I do this as well, but I've always wondered if it actually dries out the rubber (or silicone as the case may be) instead of helping it?
21.gif

It definitely does CLEAN them the best of anything I've ever tried yet.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back