CCW Prosecution in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that the NRA has a duty to get an excellent attorney to defend her.......On general principle. Her being a single mother and employed, and a minority would get them a lot of mileage. But I doubt they are smart enough to step up. I hope I am wrong.

She's in the wrong for not complying with the reciprocity list,the prosecutor is in the wrong for being over-zealous and the laws are wrong for not allowing CCW in every state.

So who really pays in the end... her poor kids,missing their mom, that's right?

Besides the smiling defendant, here's another article with the well-nourished prosecutor:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/07/28/3464970/philadelphia-moms-gun-arrest/

Interesting that this one is drawing flack from both sides of the gun control spectrum.

Especially interesting here in Phila after what happened last week, where a doctor licensed to carry shot down an armed mental patient on a killing rampage, and saved both himself and many others -- in a gun-free hospital zone. In this one, the prosecutor hailed the doctor as a hero "who saved lives" with no charges, and charged the attacker with murder.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
where a doctor licensed to carry shot down an armed mental patient on a killing rampage, and saved both himself and many others -- in a gun-free hospital zone. In this one, the prosecutor hailed the doctor as a hero "who saved lives" with no charges, and charged the attacker with murder.

No laws were violated, so how exactly would a prosecutor file charges? Most gun free zones on private party, such as this hospital simply post signs requesting people not to bring in guns. In the majority of the US, posted signs on private property have no force of law and can simply be ignored.

^Some states specifically exempt doctor's offices and clinic/hospitals from the CCW allowed areas. I know NC does. Not sure about other states or PA specifically..

Great story and if that is indeed what transpired then she would appear to be the ultimate poster child for the NRA to attack the insanity of firearm laws in NJ. No matter what your stance on firearms, they are the 1 legitimate neutralizing factor for any woman.

That this is not being picked up by a host of groups; maybe there is more to it we don't know. The article says first time offender, but is that first time offender for a gun charge? Or first time offender ever? IDK and and I don't predispose the matter but something doesn't seem right and this was an article suggesting you donate to her cause so maybe motivated writing.

She messed up. She should have researched ccw laws in the areas that she was travelling in. Which was a big mistake on her part. But it is unfortunate that the police officer wasn't more lenient, everyone wants to protect themselves and their family, thats human nature.

The NJ law of traveling with firearms locked, ammo separated, to and from the range ONLY, etc. is entirely stupid. Folks have made points about safety and about no excuses for not knowing the law, so the discussion has been made. But this has nothing to do with firearm lubes, cleaners and maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back