Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19

Posted by: sopususer

Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 07:30 PM

Not as good as it has been in some year's past IMHO, but still a good deal.

DTD Memorial Day sale details listed in link:

DTD Memorial Day Sale
Posted by: Azeem

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 07:37 PM

Ouch, tires are definitely getting more expensive.
Posted by: dparm

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 07:55 PM

4th of July should be the next big one, if you think you can wait.
Posted by: amusing

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 08:41 PM

June / July last year "Double Rebates= DTD matched Factory Rebate" plus use their credit card offer for extra 30. Limit 2sets. For 2 different autos.
We will see if those offers return...
Posted by: GatorJ

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Azeem
Ouch, tires are definitely getting more expensive.

The prices I saw on this website are high.
Posted by: sopususer

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dparm
4th of July should be the next big one, if you think you can wait.

Actually I was shopping for my father-in-law. I actually found a better deal at

tirecrazy.com

as they are having a pre-Memorial Day sale with free shipping. Actually a little better option (their original prices are lower than DTD because they usually charge for shipping) if you are ready to order NOW. Their sale ends 5/16. Also some good rebates on Hankook and Kumho tires.

Posted by: earlyre

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 09:01 PM

Dang, the pirelli's I bought for my neon in Nov '12 have gone up like $20. $90 now, I paid tire rack like $71.xx ea.
Posted by: Brybo86

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 09:23 PM

they will match any online tire place such as online tires tire rack etc
Posted by: dparm

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/15/14 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

Yes, but they will match their price after shipping/mounting.
Posted by: The Critic

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 02:11 AM

DTD's prices have gone up a LOT lately.

This is hardly a deal anymore...
Posted by: Azeem

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: The Critic
DTD's prices have gone up a LOT lately.

This is hardly a deal anymore...

Actually, they jacked the price up by at least $8 per tire,I was looking at 4-5 different tires for my vehicles, from everyday pricing they had last week.In return, they offer their $30 visa card.

Last year, the promotions were much better.
Posted by: sayjac

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

True that. And this thread references DTD whose online prices include shipping, so that needs to be taken into account when comparing to TR and others. Mounting not a factor for comparison as that can be anywhere after purchase from DTD.

I've had brick and mortar DT match a DTD no tax tire price with a Wally mounting estimate.

Not as good as some past DT/DTD promos, but not too shabby on some tires using the DTD/DT Care One Card which gives a $30 rebate on a set of tires and minimum 6 months no interest. If one always looks to the past, you might be disappointed. I prefer to look at who's beating this offer currently?

Noticed $80 in rebates on a set of 4 Yoko Avid Touring S, my favorite value tire, and made in the US.

Could wait till the 4th of July to see if there's a better offer. But this may be the new normal. This offer is also available at b&m DT stores.
Posted by: Miller88

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 07:37 AM

For the tires I just bought (Lifeliner GLS), Treaddepot was the cheapest, followed by tires-easy and DTD.

I bought out the last 4 from Treaddepot. The two I just bought for replacement came from tires-easy.

Tires, in general are getting more expensive. But the Chinese tires seem to represent a good value.
Posted by: bullwinkle

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 08:22 AM

I actually have an order in with DTD already, for 1 replacement tire that was road damaged by a customer, it's been in since last Monday 5/12, and I've heard NOTHING from them-I've ordered from them several times in the past-but I may be done with them after this fiasco.

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I actually have an order in with DTD already, for 1 replacement tire that was road damaged by a customer, it's been in since last Monday 5/12, and I've heard NOTHING from them-I've ordered from them several times in the past-but I may be done with them after this fiasco.

That was one of my concerns with tires-easy based on reviews.. Placed order Monday, booked and shipped Tuesday.

Would have been here yesterday, but UPS screwed up (surprise!!!!) and decided to send the tires on a tour of the midwest.
Posted by: bullwinkle

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 08:37 AM

I've actually used tires-easy a few times & they've been OK, but (in the past) DTD holiday specials always crushed on price-but it looks like the playing field has leveled!

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I've actually used tires-easy a few times & they've been OK, but (in the past) DTD holiday specials always crushed on price-but it looks like the playing field has leveled!

My fear is that I'm going to end up with tires from 2005 or something.
Posted by: mrsilv04

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 05:35 PM

The benefit of buying tires online seems to be going away.

For the first time in several years, I just bought my first set of tires from a local store.

They were offering "buy 3, get 1 free", plus 10% off for using their store credit card, six months to pay w/ no interest, and Cooper was offering an $80 rebate.

No one else (internet or brick 'n mortar) could compete with that.
Posted by: Wolf359

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
The benefit of buying tires online seems to be going away.

For the first time in several years, I just bought my first set of tires from a local store.

They were offering "buy 3, get 1 free", plus 10% off for using their store credit card, six months to pay w/ no interest, and Cooper was offering an $80 rebate.

No one else (internet or brick 'n mortar) could compete with that.

I think I bought online back in the '90s. Haven't done it since. Either Sears was running a sale where they did a price match plus an extra 10% off or the local store would price match the online price. The difference was that they would charge tax, but that offset the mounting charge which they would hit you with if you didn't buy the tires there.

Last time I got the same deal at Goodyear, it was on sale and it was buy 3, get one free plus they had a double rebate of $160 if you used their credit card. Online couldn't match that.

Prior to that, got the tires price matched at Town Fair Tire, same as online, but if you buy tires there, you get a free front end alignment. Again, no online store can do that.

Online is good only if you don't like or don't know how to negotiate or if you need some specialty tire, but most local stores can also do a special order and you can come back in a few days which is the same as ordering online.
Posted by: JustinH

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/16/14 09:53 PM

I remember a good deal from discount tire direct a few years back, put a set of 14'' tires on my wifes neon for literally $175.

Lately, I just buy the tires from the discount tire store because I like the service there, and they don't rip me off.

Ordering a set of wheels for her matrix in a few weeks from the discount tire store.
Posted by: Wolf359

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/17/14 12:48 AM

Well that Goodyear deal I mentioned above was like $125 a tire for 16" tripletred tires. So it was only $375 for 4 tires as one was free, then the $160 rebate made them $215. It was cheaper buying 4 tires than it was buying two as the rebate only applied on 4 tires and it was only buy 3 get one free. I did get the rebate too, took a while to spend it all as it came on a credit card.
Posted by: cutter

Re: Discount tire direct Memorial Day sale 5/15-5/19 - 05/19/14 09:08 AM

Usually more rebates offered around this time as well. No so hot.