What is your favorite general purpose lube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to always had WD-40 on hand, I switched to LPS for a few years. Now I have a couple cans of Rem-oil (Remington gun oil in a spray can) that are going empty.

I need to pick up some decent prenetrating oil/multi purpose lube. What do you all use?

Last edited:
FP-10 because I have a lot of it on hand.

If you are going to buy new, get Weapon Shield.

For a spray lube I am very happy with Corrosion X Aviation.

PB blaster. Of all the penetrating oils that are easy to find, I find that this is best.

If you know a company that sells BG products, buy "IN-force." That is the most effective penetrating oil I have ever used, however, it is rare and expensive.

Originally Posted By: Bebop367
CRC 3-36 Plastic Safe

Is this easy to find?

Dupont Teflon Multi-Use Dry Wax Lub, because I bought a can at Lowe's today. Eliminates squeaking and binding on metal, plastic & wood. I used it on car door handles and latches.

Fluid Film and WD-40. WD-40 is very light duty though. Fluid Film stays on much longer as it does not have a solvent in its formula, unlike WD-40 however that means WD-40 penetrates and acts much faster than Fluid Film.

Break-Free CLP. Keeps my outdoor padlocks in great shape for months, even after dry, and the high-carbon Benchmade and Spyderco spotless.

PB Blaster & LPS Greaseless. pure wintergreen oil for those truly rusty moments.

By far the best spray lube I've ever used is a product called
TEF GEL by Lawson Products.

It can penetrate very small openings yet turns to a thick teflon gel after a couple minutes.
It can be used from -30F to +530F
I once had a overheated(smoking) wheel bearing bring my drive into the mountains to a sudden stop.
After letting the wheel bearing cool, I removed the bearing dust cover and sprayed a little TEF GEL into the race.
The bearing was completely dry and the metal was blue from the heat
I put the tire back on and drove the car for the remaining 500 miles of the trip without any noise or heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back