Blue Magic 730-6 Headlight Lens Sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a $10 rewards card from Pep Boys and I have recently put some time and effort into restoring the headlight lenses on my recently acquired Volvo XC90. I spent about 25 minutes on each one with my high speed drill and the Mothers NuLens kit. They looked way better when I was done and for sure I'm no planning on doing that job anytime soon. So I posted here about using NuFinish but put my card to use with a bottle of this stuff:Blue Magic 730-6 Headlight Lens Sealer - 8 oz.

It had a 4 out of 5 star rating on Amazon...for whatever that's worth. But for $8 what the [censored]?
Anyway, I applied it. Went on easily enough. Felt oily...like the vinyl bumper restore stuff(might be real similar composition) and it dried within two hours or so. It claims UV protection...we shall see.

I have buffed and polished my Jeep headlights more times than I can count. They look pretty good now but I was looking at that BluMagic stuff myself to see if they would look better, or look better longer with it.

So does it fill the little cracks or what? I've got the oxidation completely off but the cracks are too deep to get rid off.

How you liking that XC90???

It fills some of the tiny cracks and definitely some of the marks from the sanding and polishing. They were noticeably more clear even after the refinishing. I used some on my wife's car...a 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero. They were bad and I did them about 6 mos. ago withe the Turtle Wax kit...which is sanding by hand with less satisfying results...anyway, again a noticeable improvement.
Bottom line, it's worth $8 even if you have to apply it every month. Some guys are saying twice per year.

The XC90 is a great ride...a bit more refined than my '01 Cherokee which my son loves.

I use a wool pad on my drill with the blue magic polish followed by a hand application of the blue magic sealer when I do headlights. Works great, both products. As long as you reapply the sealer a few times per year (spring and late summer are what I try for) I've never had a light re-yellow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back