Lisle Coolant Funnel

Posted by: artbuc

Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 10:47 AM

I bought mine about 6 months ago on Amazon. After decades of tedious coolant changes with coolant splashing all over the place, I used this boy for the first time this morning. Works perfectly.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lisle-Spil...-Thrd/19654863
Posted by: zzyzzx

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 10:57 AM

Gets good reviews on Amazon. Having said that, I have never had any difficulty getting the air out of a cooling system. Someone on Amazon also suggested buying the newer version 24680
Posted by: JZiggy

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 11:00 AM

I got one of these things a couple of years ago. I could not live without it now.

It raises the fluid level high enough that it helps burp the system, and I have done coolant exchanges without spilling a single drop.
Posted by: Donald

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 11:17 AM

What is wrong with a Prestone funnel that has a large throat for pouring coolant quickly?
Posted by: michaelluscher

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 11:36 AM

Yes, buy the updated model, more adapters
It's usually a few $ cheaper too smile

I bought one, If you need to touch a cooling system on a modern car, ESPECIALLY Japanese engines, it's mandatory.......

...Unless you want to spill coolant all over the floor, then the dozens of stray cats in your neighborhood will lick at it, and don't make me explain the rest from experience.

I was very depressed that day cry

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald
What is wrong with a Prestone funnel that has a large throat for pouring coolant quickly?

Nothing, but this funnel is sealed so it captures coolant as it expands. Not saying it is essential, but the convenience, to me at least, easily justifies the price.

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Gets good reviews on Amazon. Having said that, I have never had any difficulty getting the air out of a cooling system. Someone on Amazon also suggested buying the newer version 24680

The 24680 is just a funnel which is not worth more than any other funnel. The important feature is sealing the connection between the funnel and coolant inlet.
Posted by: EricG

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 12:37 PM

These are the best for no mess and zero trapped air in the system!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_8ze64bddws_bb
Posted by: Drew99GT

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: EricG
These are the best for no mess and zero trapped air in the system!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_8ze64bddws_bb

Stupid question; do you need a separate vacuum pump or large air compressor for one of those?

Here is how to use the Lisle to bleed a cooling system. Works flawlessly but take a bit of time.

Posted by: Chris142

Re: Lisle Coolant Funnel - 04/18/14 02:24 PM

i have 2 that i use every day.they come with several adapters one of which i dont know what kind of car it fits.