Detroit Axle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a hub bearing for my silhoutette on ebay from Detroit Axle...

Package came with a "Dearborn Axle" return address. Insert your Ford/GM joke here. Or, that if Harbor Freight got into the parts business, this would be how they named their stuff.

Enkidu is the part name. No country of origin anywhere on the box or part. I peeled back the shipping label etc to look, I was really gonna narc on 'em!

It is actually pretty well made (looking.) Got my ABS light off. I also had a half-broken lug stud that this took care of.

lol, I've been using Dearborn Rack and Axle forever. Local company here. They mainly rebuild axles and racks. They recently started carrying bearings also, and I've used a tone of those Enkidu or whatever box they come in that day. They are just as good as any other import bearing. They are like a mile from my work.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Is this the same company that does the re builds on 9N's and other Ford tractors?

I don't know. This is 'Dearborn Rack & Axle" They have trucks loaded with rebuilt cv shafts and racks and sell all over the city. Been dealing with Mike over there forever. Some people love them, some hate them. But I pay $40 for CV Shafts and $100-150 on Racks. Most hub assys are $40-45 so I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back