Mersedes hyroscopic fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. While changing out powesteering fluid and diff oil this morning, I noticed 1 more fluid tank. It says zh-m hydrolic fluid on it. I searched mbforums and it is fluid for self leveling suspension. My qestion is, should I suck it out with oil extractor and put new in(lets say next 3 oil changes), or should I better go and let the shop fully drain and replace? Also does anyone know what cost of that fluid at stealer? Parts geek has it for around $18 per liter delivered

I do a suction & fill of my cars' power steering fluid reservoir about every other oil change - my Volkswagens take Pentosin CHF11S. This method keeps the fluid freshened up without having to completely open up the system.

That fluid circulates well, so you can do turkey baster method. The only caveat: get a new and clean one and keep it separate from other ones - a contact with regular PS fluid may be detrimental to the system.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
I do a suction & fill of my cars' power steering fluid reservoir about every other oil change - my Volkswagens take Pentosin CHF11S. This method keeps the fluid freshened up without having to completely open up the system.
For power steering I used Swepco 715. It is cheaper alternative of CHF11s and widely used by Porsche enthusiasts, as I know.
What I was asking above is completely separate fluid and system, for self leveling suspension.

Originally Posted By: MBS500
What I was asking above is completely separate fluid and system, for self leveling suspension.

Right, but the function of the systems is the same. I wasn't suggesting you use CHF11S in that application.

In my experience, suction & refill of this type of system is a great way to keep the fluid freshened up without necessitating a full drain & fill.

If you are talking one of these MB fluids
MB 345.0
Mercedes-Benz 001 989 24 03 10
Mercedes-Benz 001 989 24 03 12
Mercedes-Benz Q 1 32 0001

Then you go for the pentosin chf11s or equivalent (full synthetic). it is a very high VI low viscosity fluid, green in color. The local MB dealer buys my version of this fluid.

The swepco product is not synthetic

Whatever you do make sure you keep the system clean. Old and dirty oil is the downfall of the sls system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back