Supertech SYN 75W-90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want to go 50k on an ST lube? I've heard a lot of people remark that it's great for a few thousand miles but loses its smoothness quick and your in the same spot you were in before. Its not worth what they want at $11 a quart. You can buy M1 and Valvoline gear oil for $8.99. Screw ST.

Here's my opinion that I posted on a different thread. Also, the ST 75w-90 is a blend unless they recently changed something.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
For what it's worth, I used the ST semi synthetic 75w-90 and I wasn't impressed. I bought it to flush out my differential before upgrading to full syn and it did well for a couple of months and I thought I had a quality sleeper gear oil on my hands, but when I drained it (less than a year and 10k miles) it looked worse than the gear oil I drained out of my truck with an unknown history. Also, my engine didn't seem to have as much of a load on it when I drained the ST out and put in another gear oil.

I give a thumbs up to ST motor oil and ST coolant, but to their transmission fluid and gear oil, not so much. Maybe their full syn gear oil is better, but I'd rather use an AAP code or just pay the piper and get something that I'm not so skeptical about.

Also, I noticed that there is a Castrol Syntec full syn gear oil out there for a decent price if you're looking for a bargain. I'd definitely try that if they had it in the weight you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back