stihl bg55 blower problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help. My stihl bg55 started acting up and would not run right. When you gave it full throttle it bogged out and died. I replaced the fuel line and was told that it was a common problem. I cant get the fuel bulb to pump up like it should but anyway It will still run. Same result. Give it full throttle and it dies. Fuel filter is clean as a pin. I have a fuel starvation problem that I cant solve. Any suggestions?

I would look for a split in the plastic line or bulb. Sounds like there is a leak in the vacuum not letting fuel to be drawn into the carb. That or the check valve that the priming system would have to have is not working correctly. Sorry i cannot be specific but I don't have a service manual for my BG55.

Tim

Had the same problem with my stihl blower...after only one season the fuel line had gone bad...somehow they used line that was not compatible with gasoline. Guess I should have used water.
Took it back to the dealer, and they replaced real fast and without question. They had told me about the known issue with the fuel line, and Stihl put out the equivalent of a technical service bulletin (should have been a recall) to fix this as it could be a dangerous fire situation. Mine was bad enough it leaked, and ran like a turd, as well as hard to start. I'd take it to your dealer and have them look at it and replace the fuel line for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back