Castrol HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a UOA for Castrol HM that's not 8 years old...searched and the most recent one was from 2006, anyone have or know of a more recent one?

I did one last year. It is the older one on this Blackstone report. Castrol has updated the formula to "Resource Conserving" however the data sheets still show the old, thick version last time I checked. The 294 ppm moly you see is from MoS2 I added, there is none in the Castrol by itself. It was a 5w30 and I think I got some of the new thin Resource Conserving in old bottles as they changed the bottles right after that, and my UOA came out way thinner than it should have.

Thanks a lot KC, TBN retention looks horrible and detergents are a little on the weak side but not bad. I decided to go ahead and use it in my "new to me" 94 Mighty Max...sounds smooth enough. I may try Defy eventually but didn't want to shock this dirty old motor with something like M1 HM lol

I wasn't happy with the results, it was the third straight run of Castrol HM but the first UOA. The previous run went 5k I'd hate to think what that would have looked like.

In all fairness I did add MoS2 and I don't know how much bearing that had in the results, and I also blended what I thought was "thick" 5w30 with some 5w20 for a winter run. Regardless TBN was disappointing as was wear IMO and what I could see of the add pack wasn't all that impressive either. I moved on.

Ran very quiet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back