royal purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
what dino oil(otc) will compare,I have been using r.p.10w30.thanks for the help p.s.I have been changing every 5k.

It seems no one wanted to touch this one with a 10ft pole!
smile.gif

I think Pennzoil and Chevron pairs up against the oil you referred to very nicely.

Please look at the analysis of the oil you speak of in the other section,then see my posts on Shell Synthetic Blend and Pennzoil Group II + Purebase Multi
Grade

One thing though,,you say you have been doing 5k changes,,in what engine/car ?

I was going to merely drag up the previous Royal Purple thread ... but a quick tour through the threads and I couldn't find it. Maybe I'll try the search feature ...
wink.gif

Okay,

I'll bite on this, since you specify dino oil. Take a look at schaffers.

As far as OTC goes, what does that matter? Unless you are travelling and need to buy an emergency quart
pat.gif

Over the Counter I don't think I could recommend an oil that would compare to RP? Though I can't say that I'm that familiar with it. No personal experience.

There is a very heated topic on Royal Purple right now on LS1Tech.com (in internal engine) It seems those that use it don't want to believe that any other oil is good. After seeing Trevor's terrible results after just 1250 miles (29% oxidation, 9.5cst at 100c already, almost a 20wt) with RP 10w30, I'm not convinced that this oil is any good.

I have been using it in a 2k Z28,I used mobil 1 before,and the car seemed to use or burn a qt every 800 miles,I started using the R.P. and the car does not use any,I change oil every 5k.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
There is a very heated topic on Royal Purple right now on LS1Tech.com (in internal engine) It seems those that use it don't want to believe that any other oil is good. After seeing Trevor's terrible results after just 1250 miles (29% oxidation, 9.5cst at 100c already, almost a 20wt) with RP 10w30, I'm not convinced that this oil is any good.

It's amazing what analysis can uncover
shocked.gif

kinda wish the same but unfortunatly it's way easier to just start another one and we can't merge two seperate threads together, only lock em, move em, or delete em. So what ya do? Join em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back