Frankenbrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cleaning out the shed today and found a bunch of oil. My current rides take 0w20 and 0w40, so I didn't want to use it for those applications. Decided to frankenbrew them for a buddy whose cars I end up maintaining most of the time.

The first was 2 quarts M1 5w20 and 3 quarts of RP 5w20. This will go in a 2007 Hyundai Entourage with 80k that usually sees Supertech Syn.

The next was 2.5 quarts of QS Defy 5w30, half a quart of PYB 5w30, half a quart of RP 5w20, and 1 quart of RP 10w30. This will go in a 1998 Kia Sephia with 180k that usually sees Supertech dino.

This was my first attempt at frankenbrew. Thoughts? My buddy has 4 kids and is strapped for cash, so I'm excited about providing him with 2 oil changes only costing him 2 Walmart OCDs.

I like those mixes. Can I drive my old jeep up there and you do it for me with your brew? Just kidding but I really do like the mix. It will be just fine in those rides. My jeep usually gets a mix of whatever else I have left from the other cars. It keeps on going. Just like the rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back