How good is Havoline DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard much discussion about this oil. I'm thinking about running it in my F-150? Is it good?

Usually having lots of moly is seen as an indicator of a "good" oil. Though that does not mean low moly means a bad oil (see HDEO's with barely any moly).

Very good oil.

I'm surprised they haven't entered the synthetic market yet with full force. It's a small, but growing sector of the lube market.

I have used it and its predecessors, and think it is an excellent product for the price.

Keep in mind that Havoline DS starts out at a relatively low viscosity, so if you have an engine where you prefer an xW-30 on the high end of the viscosity range then DS is not for you.

How good is Havoline DS?

It's SOOOOO GOOD that they changed the name and (just about) doubled the price.

It was the BITOG favorite sleeper oil until they started the Deposit Shield marketing campaign.

UOA's I've seen on this oil have all been great! As Gary said, it was a real bargain when it was less known and inexpensive.

Advanced auto has it for $12.50 for 5qts. plus a Purolator Classic filter for $12.50 if you don't have a filter for your ford yet.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
It USED to have lot of moly.

Still has around 150 ppm, more than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back