Amsoil PI Best on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came back from a Fall sales meeting. The West coast rep said the new PI is the best out there.

I bought some but have not even used it yet. I will decide after I use and put in a few cars as well.
dunno.gif

The old stuff was OK.....

I treated a tank of V-Power in my wife's 2006 Pilot with Amsoil Pi (new formula) a couple of months ago. It seemed to work well, though it is difficult to tell conclusively. The engine only had ~22K miles at the time, so I was not expecting a huge difference. I could detect a pungent exhaust odor each time the engine was started, which leads me to believe that the Pi was potent enough to remove carbon deposits. That is not a very scientific approach though. I guess a better test would be to use Pi in an engine that is somewhat older and has used cheap fuel for an extended period of time. Amsoil usually sells only top notch products, so I am sure that extensive testing was performed. I read somewhere that Pi is made by Amsoil using chemistry from Lubrizol. It would be good to see some head to head testing of Pi, Techron and Redline, though I doubt we will ever see that happen.

The stuff works great! Some friends that are in a band added it to their Ford conversion van with about 100k on a replaced engine got a 400 mile range for the first time ever on a tank of gas.

"The West coast rep said the new PI is the best out there."
Of course he would say this. Very good. Likely. The best. NO.

Quote:

Got proof its not the best?

Just repeating what was said......I thought it was a pretty bold statement. Even after I use it and feel it is excellent I don't know if I could say it's the best.

That would be subjective.

Seeing as you are "Sales Rep" What would you consider the best?

There are so many variables associated with the term "Best". You could say the best fuel treatment for one engine is not the best for another. These best for removing light carbon, or heavy carbon, and on and on.

Without good empirical data how can anyone prove or disprove one product is better than another? Amsoil has listed some data concerning Pi on there web site, but I have yet to see any head to head comparisons.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Got proof its not the best?

It's not on the shoulders of salesrep to offer the proof since he didn't make the original claim.

Saying "The best. NO." sounds like a claim to me.

Have you bothered to read the subject line? Also, I didn't say salesrep didn't make a claim. I said that he didn't make the original claim. I have made the assumption that the OP was open for discussion hence the reason for starting a thread. The best response was the OPs question of what salesrep thought was the best, which is subjective at best.
smile.gif

Quote:

There are so many variables associated with the term "Best". You could say the best fuel treatment for one engine is not the best for another. These best for removing light carbon, or heavy carbon, and on and on.

Without good empirical data how can anyone prove or disprove one product is better than another?

This pretty much sums it up.

I did not claim it. But I did post someone who did so, I am guilty as charged.

It could now be the best but I sure don't know if it is. But I will be running it at some point.

So what would be considerd the best? Techron

There's no "best". There are a few top ones that are recommended based on user experience/opinions. Pick one; try it; pick another; try it; make your own conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back