Did LCD drop their sponsership again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Terry has joined Blackstone Labs. Go to their website, click on "Tests" and there you will find "Dyson Analysis", click on that, and find that Terry will do his great work for you for $60. Terry is alive and well and living in Ft.Wayne. FWIW

Quote:

Any particular reason he no longer posts?

This is all conjecture on my part, but.....

Reading between the lines in his crytpic farewell message a few weeks ago ( it was cryptic to me anyway), I gather that his participation here either unavoidably results in him giving away too much information/expertise - information that he needs to keep proprietary so that he can continue to make a living - or that there have been a few incidences of Terry's BITOG customers revealing the contents of Terry's reports here. If Terry's 'method' gets dumped on here enough, he'll lose business as we start to use his knowledge to interpret our own UOAs. Another possibility is that some of Terry's *real* customers (the corporate guys, Nascar guys, etc) may read this forum and may have expressed concern that he's said too much or *could* say too much on this public forum. They too have proprietary information that Terry is privy to. And they want to keep it that way. And since these customers are probably where the bulk of Terry's paycheck comes from, I wouldn't blame him a bit for making a hasty exit from BITOG if they had expressed concern to him. I would too.

Again, this is me reading between the lines. Conjecture.

Quote:

He was always one of the best contributors.

Guys like Terry are the reason that people come to a board like this. A place where we can find the truth from a real expert with real credentials. And there aren't very many of those on here. You can probably count them on one hand.

After posting the above, I went to see if Terry is still registered here. He is, and here's what his "Bio" says :

No longer participating or contributing, will not work for controlling Major oil company sponsor here. Ruins unbiased nature of board.

Quote:

Any particular reason he no longer posts? He was always one of the best contributors.

Just look at the majority of the banner ads and then read several of the postings referred to in this thread. Then connect the dots.

I do remember a Dyson UOA report appearing in "full Terry Dyson words" just prior to his departure. One can put 2 + 2 together & draw their own conclusions/speculations from there.

I don't actually know anything, but I got the impression that the heads of BITOG weren't exactly pleased with Terry's heavy support of certain products, even if it was justified with test results. Anyone have any insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back