longest lasting A/T tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
based on everyones experience whats the most miles have you gotten out of your All terrain tires and what kind..I'm due for a new set of 31x10.5x15 tires on my 91 Nissan Pathfinder and I'm at 50k miles on the tires of mix highway and city driving( all paved roads)...I like the AT tread pattern and the way they handle deep snow so it has to be all terrain for me. I've been looking at tire rack ( great tire selection).thanks for any input

I currently have Michelin LTX AT's on my Yukon. They're not the right load rating, they're an E rated tire... But they have 80,000 miles on them. My father has used Michelin M/S tires for 60,000 on his Bronco.

50k miles sounds decent for an a/t tire. I didn't get that out of the Michelen LTX AT's (They've got the AT2 now, still looks like a decent thread pattern) I had, trying to remember what I got out of them, had them on an old work van. Nice tire for year round duty but I think it was maybe 30k tops. I drive 'em hard, and as far as I'm concerned, they lasted a good while for me.

Alex.

Although it may not be the best for all out traction in any one category anymore I always got around 65K or ~2 years out of my 31x10.5R15 BFG All Terrain TA KOs (down to 4/32" when I generally change my tires) on my '95 5.8L Bronco. I had the best luck rotating every 6k (I do it myself) and getting my alignment checked/fixed every 6mo (I get the lifetime plan at Firestone).

Jon

Last edited:
I sell, use, and REALLY like Cooper HT. Excellent ride, quiet, great wet road traction. Haven't really had anyone comment on mileage. That usually means no problems!

Bob

I also vote michelin ltx at. Mine don't show any wear at all and I've had then for 18000 miles. People on tirerack claim to get 100K miles out of them.

My dad has been pretty happy with the OEM tires on his 05 Ram 2500. I think they are the BFG All Terrain TA's. I'll have to take a peek this weekend.

He has about 65000 or 70000 on them. He is strongly considering a fresh set of them when the current set wears out.

Quote:

I sell, use, and REALLY like Cooper HT. Excellent ride, quiet, great wet road traction. Haven't really had anyone comment on mileage. That usually means no problems!

Bob

Problem is, a Cooper HT isn't an All Terrain tire. Cooper refers to it as an "all season, Highway Touring" Tire.

Just looked at the new Michelin LTX A/T2's at Sam's today. I'm not impressed with the tread design, that's for sure.

I have about 50K on my BFG All Terrain TA KOs now. Still should be able to get another 15-25K before I need to replace them. Great tires imho.

Michelins seem to last the longest lasting M&S / A/T tires, but the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor and the BFG A/T seem to be the only ones that are severe snow rated. Better traction usually comes at a price.

I have Michelin ATXs on my GMC. 73,000 so far. Looks like maybe another 5,000 out of them. I will deffinatley buy them again. They may have lasted this long because the place I got them at will rebalance them every 6,000 miles for free. So I get it done.

I have a little over 62,000 on my Pro Comp AT's. I believe they are the only AT tire with a 50,000 mile tread warranty that is also severe weather rated.

I have met several people with Bridgestone Dueler REVO AT tires with >50K miles.

The other thing that amazes them is that those tires are not nearly as noisy as you might expect from an AT tire.

"I have a little over 62,000 on my Pro Comp AT's. I believe they are the only AT tire with a 50,000 mile tread warranty that is also severe weather rated."

The Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor also has a 50k tread wear warranty and is severe snow rated.

I stand corrected, btw right now pro comp has a buy 3 get the fourth one free sale going on. check out ntwonline.com

BFG MallTerrain's on my wife's have made 60k in acceptable condition .beyond that the wet traction appeared to degrade. They work well up to (in my experience) 24" of snow ..which should be enough for a tall and skinny (33x9.5r15). Somewhere around that depth, your vehicle turns into a plow.

Quote:

Michelins seem to last the longest lasting M&S / A/T tires, but the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor and the BFG A/T seem to be the only ones that are severe snow rated. Better traction usually comes at a price.

I definitely agree with your statement...I thought my Silent Armors were going to last a while- but they seem to be wearing quicker than I had anticipated. I think it is partially to do with the fact that they are severe snow rated and are made for winter conditions as well. (But they are not Dedicated winters)

I just ordered a set of Michelin AT2's today for my Yukon. They're having a sale through October 28th, 60 dollars off on a set of four tires. They're 191 apiece in 265 65 17.

I just bought new tires today. My old set are Pathfinder ATR's from Discount Tires. They were great tires and I got 100k miles out of them on my Expedition! They're 265/70/17's. I saved a lot of tires by buyiing online, which is why I didn't get them again.
I just ordered some General Grabber AT2's from onlinetires.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back