GC in Canadian Tire with limit 2 per customer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
Went to Canadian Tire ( Toronto area )on past Saturday morning. Grab 8 Liters GC and 4 Liters Syntec 5W20. When check out, told by the cashier there is a limit 2 liters per customer !!!!
My first react was what the ----, I request to speak to the manager.
The manager insisted two bottle per customer.
I ask him do you know how many liters to make an oil change?
What am I going to do with only 2 liters?
He look at me with the funny face and told me the one liter bottle is for top up only, for oil change you should buy the 4 liter jug!!! What a idiot, GC do not have 4 liter jug.
He did not believe me and the line was held up for 30' long.
I dropped everything and walk out the Crappie Tire store.
With our Canadian bucks are almost equal to the US green,
I will drive to Buffalo NY to get some GC this weekend.
By the way you guys know where is the good place to buy GC in Buffalo?
Thanks for all the inputs.

That's absurd. I also went to CTC on Saturday (Newmarket store) and bought 20 individual litres of GC for the sale price of CDN $7.19/litre. I didn't notice anything on the "special price tag" about a limit, and I had no problem at the checkout counter. Sounds like they were confused and maybe the limit of 2 applied to the gallon jugs (?).

I went to the one at Markham rd. and 14 Ave. Honestly this was the first time been told at CT store there is a limit for motor oil, especially the GC 0W-30 do not come with 4 litre jug.

Hi Guys
Thanks for all your inputs. I probably just went to the wrong store at the busy Saturday morning and meet the moron manager.
Any way I will buy at least 10 litres of GC when I can get my hands on them.
Thanks Guys!

Thats just plain stupid. Probably a manager that wants to ensure stock for the entire sale run so he doesn't need to tell anybody they ran out and will have to issue rain checks.

Take the flyer with you (or grab it at the door) no where does it say there is a purchase limit. Wave that under their nose if they pull the same carp. Carpy Tire indeed.

Alex.

some stores they do have a limit, but some don't

so u have to look carefully, the one at eaton centre has the best luck in finding those stuff coz nobody buys auto stuff there, which is next to my workplace...i pick up 10 jugs of Catrol GTX HM last year for only 9.95 each with a whole skid of them on sale for over 2 months

btw...7.19 with tax is still pretty expensive...for the same money i can buy Amsoil (but has to buy a case of 12 and pick up in missisauga)

Quote:

so u have to look carefully, the one at eaton centre has the best luck in finding those stuff coz nobody buys auto stuff there, which is next to my workplace...i pick up 10 jugs of Catrol GTX HM last year for only 9.95 each with a whole skid of them on sale for over 2 months

btw...7.19 with tax is still pretty expensive...for the same money i can buy Amsoil (but has to buy a case of 12 and pick up in missisauga)

So its not the same amount of money, as you have to buy a case of it, instead of the amount you want.
starwars.gif

Quote:

$7.19 is an excellent price. Amsoil is very good oil - I've used it in the past in my BMW 740 - but personally I prefer the German Castrol 0w30. It is BMW LL-01 approved which is an important spec to me. Getting Amsoil "at the same price" and having to buy a case and having to pick it up doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.

Quote:

Quote:

So its not the same amount of money, as you have to buy a case of it, instead of the amount you want.
starwars.gif

but Amsoil is a better choice over GC, even have to pick up a case

i have a few cars so i always have 4-5 cases of different grade Amsoil oils piling up at home and i found them handy either i need an oil change or my frds can come get some if they want it

Does corporate allow individual stores to set a limit? Seems to me that unless the flyer states otherwise, they can't dictate quantity. I only say that due to the fact they will print "limit X to a customer", or "no rainchecks" on certain items. (No rainchecks on the Mobil1 for this flyer).

Alex.

Quote:

Does corporate allow individual stores to set a limit? Seems to me that unless the flyer states otherwise, they can't dictate quantity. I only say that due to the fact they will print "limit X to a customer", or "no rainchecks" on certain items. (No rainchecks on the Mobil1 for this flyer).

Alex.

I agree. I looked at the flyer and the sale is not expressed to be subject to a limit of two. If that limit is in fact policy of CT, then imposing a limit on purchasing that is not advertised is likely contrary to the Competition Act of Canada.

Just went to Niagara Falls NY. past weekend, went to Wal-Mart, Mobil-1, 5 quart synthetic is 21.95 and Castrol syntec is 19.95 per 5 quart jug. Regular dino base oil are about 10.00 per 5 quart jug for most the brand name. The high mileage oil is about 11.50 per jug. Above prices are all regular prices. I also went to Auto Zone, GC is 6.05 per quart ( regular price), at other auto part store Syntec is 4.99 (on sale) per quart that included GC. I will return the oil purchased from Canadian Tire. The ---- with their 2 bottles per customer limit.

Hi GMGuy.
I went to Niagara Falls NY for the weekend, so I am allowed to have 400.00 Duty and Tax exempt goods.
But even though if you only went to the US for couple hours,
under the NAFTA ( North America Free Trade Agreement)any goods as long as it made in US or Mexico are duty free. You only pay the GST or PST for the value when you bring them back .
Sometimes is good to know that.
Plus now our Canadian bucks are equal to US green back,
it has a lot of good deal in Wal-Mart.

I picked up 30L about 2 months ago. The local CT store said they would honour the Part Source flyer that had "regular" syntec on sale for 5.75/L. They didn't seem to notice that the flyer was for 10W-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back