Another recommendation post (2stroke vs. 4 stroke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading the fuel additive posts and did some searchs and found many things interesting. The only experience I have with adding anything to fuel is Seafoam, which I use on my lawn & garden stuff and in my 2 stroke carb Mercury outboard. It's worked wonders on my 2 stroke applications but I was wondering what would work better as a 'maintenance' additive for my new auto's and EFI 4 stroke ATV's? Also, what are the pro's and con's to Seafoam? I don't see it pop up to much in conversation except when people use it in their oil.

Thanks in advance.
patriot.gif

Most folks here have seen positive results when using FP+ or Lucas UCL to treat each tank of gas. FP+ cleans the fuel system and also has lubricating properties. Lucas UCL is primarily a lubricant, but also claims to clean the fuel injectors. I prefer FP+, but am in the middle of testing both and will keep everyone updated in another thread.

For periodic cleaning, most folks here seem to like the Techron concentrate. Redline fuel system cleaner is well liked as well. Personally, I like the new formulation of Amsoil PI.

The new Amsoil PI works great and you only need to add it every 4000 miles.

Thanks. I will see where these are available in my area but I'm not sure what the FP+ stands for.

Thanks again for the recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back