I'm all GC'd and SLOB'd up now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did an OCI on my Sierra, draining the PP 10-30 after 7000+ miles and going back to the Golden Elixir Of The Gods, with an order of SLOB on the side.

That's 6 qts out of my inventory, 18 qts to go. If I can do an 8000 mile OCI, I could get to about 95,000 miles on my truck before the GC inventory is gone. I've got 62,000 miles on it now.

Feels good to be coated in GC + SLOB. Piston slap? CSK? Never heard of them....

You're a brave man to SLOB GC!
hide.gif

Ah...what's SLOB? Thankfully GC is plentiful where I live though I don't yet know if my 335i will like it or destroy it like it does other oils.

Quote:

Ah...what's SLOB? Thankfully GC is plentiful where I live though I don't yet know if my 335i will like it or destroy it like it does other oils.

Three little letters, UOA. But I'd bet the GC would fare you quite well.

Lots of comments on the "standard" BMW/Castrol 5W-30 use in the new turbo engine. Since most aren't going much past 7.5K with it in the previous M54s and N51s, I would suspect 5K would be about it. Doesn't take long with those high oil temps to beat the pizz out of the oil. When I get mine, RLI Biosyn 5W-40 will fill the sump right after break-in.

Quote:

When I get mine, RLI Biosyn 5W-40 will fill the sump right after break-in.

This is my plan as well though I may decide on a 2k mile test of GC 0w30 that's factory fill in the European 335s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back