HFRR test for FP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after Spicer's additive test on thedieselplace.com, has FP a HFRR test ever been preformed on it? If not, how would one go about it? any idea of the price?
thank you

We offer tests for water , Cetane Index, Microbiological), Distillation, API Gravity for about $100.
cfpp and cloud bout $35.
Do a search and I bet there are labs out there that will do it for $100 or so. Or find a fuel dist. that bout a rig (60-80k)

I e-mailed LCD the same question directly after Spicers Test Results was posted. Which was a while back, and never received an answer back. LCD forum is like dead. The staff never reply anymore. I know they are busy, but that has to be bad for business.

Anyway I have used LCD products for the past 3 yrs. Now I have switched over to Opti-Lube in my PSD. Also will use Schaeffer's Soy Shield.

I still would like to see how FP Plus 3000 would have faired in the test. If I remember right Spicer contacted them, and either they refused to be apart of the test, or he never heard back from them. Can't really remember. But I do remember seeing a list of companies that he contacted and a list that either declined or never got back with him, and LCD Lube Control was one of them. Oh well! Plenty of other additives out there.

Quote:

Anyway I have used LCD products for the past 3 yrs. Now I have switched over to Opti-Lube in my PSD. Also will use Schaeffer's Soy Shield.

I've been considering trying the Optilube in my PSD. How does it comapare, in your opinion, to the FP product you were running?

Hammer

I can only tell you what my ears hear, and the feel of the seat of my pants when driving.

I never could hear or feel any difference when the FP 3000 was in the tank. Now I have not yet used the FP Plus for diesel yet.

I'm on my second tank of Opti-Lube: To be honest I have the same feeling about this product. I can't tell if the engine is quieter,nor if the idle is any smoother. Nor can i tell any difference when i drive the truck. I guess i just have the peice of mind that putting in the Opti-Lube is better then adding nothing at all. According to Spicers Test Results.

This is JMHO.

Quote:

I can only tell you what my ears hear, and the feel of the seat of my pants when driving.

I never could hear or feel any difference when the FP 3000 was in the tank. Now I have not yet used the FP Plus for diesel yet.

I'm on my second tank of Opti-Lube: To be honest I have the same feeling about this product. I can't tell if the engine is quieter,nor if the idle is any smoother. Nor can i tell any difference when i drive the truck. I guess i just have the peice of mind that putting in the Opti-Lube is better then adding nothing at all. According to Spicers Test Results.

This is JMHO.

I was able to notice some differences with FP60 in my PSD. Most notably, the mechanical noises from the injector themselves are noticeably quieter, and the amount and color of smoke when in one of my higher power levels. Essentially the amount of smoke seems less and what smoke there is, appears to have taken a "grayer" shade instead of being dark black. I have never tried the FP3000.

Anyway, I amy order some optilube and see how it compares.

Hammer

Hammer: I also will try Schaeffer's SoyShield 139A.
I Believe any type of bio will help clean and lubricate as well as or better then a petro base product.

Quote:

Hammer: I also will try Schaeffer's SoyShield 139A.
I Believe any type of bio will help clean and lubricate as well as or better then a petro base product.

I have tried that product...the only thing it seemed to do was quiet the injector mechanical noise. I should also add, just about any "oily" additive I have tried quiets the injectors. Only FP60 or Acetone seems to effect anything else.

Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back