2 stroke oil in gas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have and extra gallon of synthetic two stroke marine oil laying around from jet ski season. ive heard of guys putting some in to help lube the top end? any truth to this? will it cause build up in the injectors or valves or help clean it?

it works great!! i use the redline 2 stroke racing oil which is ester and full synthetic in my mix with redline SI-1..see my post for the actual mix under fuel additives

If you check some of the older posts, a number of people seem to think it is beneficial as a top cylinder lubricant in small quantities (2.6 oz / 10 gallons of gas or 500:1 mix ratio).

The owner's manual for my Stihl string trimmer and Toro snow blower suggests throwing any unused gas/oil mixture in the tank of your auto if you have mixture left at the end of the season.

Just don't use a strong concentration.
A couple of ounces/10 gallons is about right - maybe a little more.
It isn't a cleaner, but a top end lube and sealer.

The 2-stroke full-synthetic outboard oils and air cooled engine oils reduce the sooting from gas alone. Exhaust system cleanliness is improved over gas alone in my experience. I use lean ratios, like 1:800 to 1:1000 with full-synthetic 2-stroke oil intended for pre-mix (the kind you want).

so add a lil bit per tank every now and then? i have a 26 gallon tank maybe half a cup?? per tank?

Having tried it in a few tanks, I'll say, it does work to smooth out the engine. I'm using ~2oz/10 gallons.

Id use it a four stroke motorcycle but not a newer car, too many sensors. Most two stroke oils dont have alot of detergency, Yamalube is the only one I can think of with any. I think if you wanted to lube the top end and clean it, you would be better off with a snake oil like Marvel mystery oil.

How about a 50/50 mix of Redline SI-1 and Valvoline 2-cycle oil! You'd get the solvent cleaning properties of the SI-1 and the UCL properties of the 2-cycle oil...this stuff would cost ya about $32 per gallon - not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back