10% Ethanol in gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All gas has 10% EtOH in the USA. It's known as reformulated gas and is now the main gas sold nationwide. Do a search
smile.gif

Here in Ontario, Canada, the pumps at the Shell station state something like : "Shell Bronze [87] contains up to 10% Ethanol, Shell Silver [89] contains up to 5% Ethanol, Shell V-Power [91] contains no Ethanol. Pumps at most gas stations simply state "may contain up to 10% Ethanol".

Either way, when the local supply switches over to the winter blend, my gas mileage takes a significant dive.

Quote:

Here in Ontario, Canada, the pumps at the Shell station state something like : "Shell Bronze [87] contains up to 10% Ethanol, Shell Silver [89] contains up to 5% Ethanol, Shell V-Power [91] contains no Ethanol. Pumps at most gas stations simply state "may contain up to 10% Ethanol".

Either way, when the local supply switches over to the winter blend, my gas mileage takes a significant dive.

Yes, Shell has decided to "stick it to the little guy" by putting the most ethanol in their regular gas, rather than putting it in the pumps where people with expensive high performance cars have to buy their gas.

I suppose they did this so they didn't have to clean out both tanks at all their stations.

Ive posted on this before, informatively. Anyone wanna look up my old post and post it here for me? It's about BTU's, fuel economy, and fuel:air mixture
smile.gif

Wikipedia has a great article too!

Quote:

Yes, Shell has decided to "stick it to the little guy" by putting the most ethanol in their regular gas, rather than putting it in the pumps where people with expensive high performance cars have to buy their gas.

I suppose they did this so they didn't have to clean out both tanks at all their stations.

It's no different at Sunoco or Pioneer or any of the others. They all have ethanol. Shell at least puts NO ethanol in their highest octane blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back