Combo Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with combined filters - full flow + fine/bypass? I was thinking of the "venturi"(sp) or something from Fleetguard. I know there was another mentioned a year or two ago that was able to be taken apart for changing/inspection, and some would roll there own fine filter out of TP instead of re-ordering the replacement...it was a foreign make I think.

Likes, dislikes, issues?

Thanks and take care.

What are you trying to accomplish ? & on what ?

In case of gas engine, I think the use of a synthetic media FF is a good way to go combining good micron filtration and holding capacity. Something based on Donaldson Syntec or Fleetguard Stratpore media. EaO comes to mind. If diesel, lot more options but same idea.

FF filters have enough to do just filtering the oil. Adding the ability to filter in bypass mode takes away from it's real job. I've switched to those new Amsoil filters after seeing some uoa's with them. Simple is good.

Quote:

and some would roll there own fine filter out of TP instead of re-ordering the replacement...it was a foreign make I think.

Sounds like a Trasko (trasko-usa.com).

Sorry for not responding sooner...

I'm just curious really as to anyone's experiences with them (I as yet don't own anything diesel fueled). It almost sounds to good to be true, where one would otherwise need to put in a sandwich adapter or total remote filter mount for the addition of a separate bypass filter unit. Of course, the possible size alone might require remote placement of such a combo filter of equal full flow capacity.

Yes Gary, Trasko was the name of that all-in-one spin on that some people wrote about using a year or so ago around here. I wonder how they are holding-up?

Take care and thanks for replies.

Most Japanese small diesels use a combined full flow/bypass filter,they've been using these for over 20 years with no problems.....they still use them so they must still be doing the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back