Affects of sunlight and heat on FP Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is storing FP Plus in the sunlight bad? The bottle in my 4Runner sits in a bottle holder in door. The windows are tinted. So it is well protected.

I keep a bottle in my Corolla in a cup holder at the rear of the center console. No windows tint, no shade. Will the sunlight damage it?

How does heat affect FP Plus?

Mixing 1oz:10 gallons, a 16 oz bottle goes a long way in the Corolla.

can you smell it when you enter your car? i would store it at home in a cool dark place. and i still smell it when i open the door to the storage room even after wiping the smaller fill bottle after use.

If you have a newer 4Runner you can just store in in the left rear, inside where the jack goes, along with a couple of rags. That's what I do.

I can't smell it. The 4runner is an 05. The bottle holder works fine (well protected), and the 4runner burns twice the gas as the Corolla.

I can move the Corolla's bottle to the trunk. But the cup holder is much more convenient.

FP Plus is "Made from Renewable Resources." Organic? I'm just concerned the sunlight could break it down. I can't image heat would affect it. That would be big oversight on LCDs part.

I tried to register at LC's forums and ask, got a email "the administrator of the board will need to activate
it before you can log in" and that was it. No other emails.

I'd also worry of any UV degradation on the plastic bottle and causing it to weep/leak a bit. Auto glass does block UV rays; i.e. you won't get a tan in your car w/ the windows up; but enough gets through to degrade interior pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back