let's not forget what day it is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we'd start class today with a moment of silence, at least...
sadly: nothing. everyone was talking / laughing just like any other day, and none of the prof's even mentioned it.
I was in NY a few months ago, and visited the wtc site...I've been living in the US only since 2002, me and my wife (she's from here) often think of how quickly people forget stuff like this...

NYC07-07522.jpg

The Young Republicans at several campuses in Michigan are placing 3000 flags in central campus locations in rememberance of those who were killed on 9/11. It makes me sick everytime I think about how soon people in this country forget. Hooray for their making a statement that should not have to be made.

The sad thing is that I know at a lot of these campuses they will probably take flack from many idiot students whom relate every memorial and sign of support as some sort of statement on the war in Iraq.

I won't forget the rage I felt that morning. I was watching TV and was halfway through a bowl of Cheerios when the second plane hit. I have not and will not forget. What sickens me is the percentage of the population that thinks this was an "inside job". You can write anyone of these people off as a 100% pure, unadulterated idiot.

i was in a bank providing computer technical support when it came on the news. pretty much everyone in the bank quit working and just stared at the tv for a while. then we were all let home early.
i wont forget.

People carry on with their petty lives....but at least at my workplace people remember and redneck yak this AM had a few minutes of silence at 5:46AM.

Interesting that is exactly where (metaphorically speaking) I heard it in 2001. On the way to work on redneck yak radio. People carry on with their petty lives.

As for the dimwits who think "we" actually did this to ourselves. Get a clue. Your buddy Osama did it. It amazes me how many people actually think this and say they "believe in science".... come to think of it, none of the people with petty lives that I actually know, think it was an inside job. Maybe they don't have time for Rosie re-runs.....

Quote:

I won't forget the rage I felt that morning. I was watching TV and was halfway through a bowl of Cheerios when the second plane hit.

I lost my appetite that day.

I remember a sick, sinking feeling as the 6AM news played on the radio.

Realised that it was truly the end of the world that we knew

I was in 7th grade, my science class actually. When the teacher first walked in with a worried and solum look on her face. The entire room went quiet, we sat in school the entire day just watching the Tv. Much like how my parent's and grandparents can describe were they were when JFK or pearl harbor happened. I'll always be able to remember what happened that entire day.

It certainly was an upsetting day. I'll never forget it.

Quote:

What sickens me is the percentage of the population that thinks this was an "inside job". You can write anyone of these people off as a 100% pure, unadulterated idiot.

It's fine that you're willing to accept what you're told by mainstream media, but it's disappointing that your display of knowledge on the subject consists of angry name-calling of those who disagree, even though you can't personally prove anything either way. That attitude is the basis for the fanaticism you probably blame as the cause for 9/11.

You can definitely write me off!

It's fine that you're willing to accept what you're told by mainstream media, but it's disappointing that your display of knowledge on the subject consists of angry name-calling of those who disagree, even though you can't personally prove anything either way. That attitude is the basis for the fanaticism you probably blame as the cause for 9/11.

You can definitely write me off!

Consider it done.

I don't think we as a country have learned a whole lot from that day. "Out of sight, out of mind" seems to be our motto.

Our porous borders invite the next terrorists in. The next time it happens our society will do a 180. Next time it's a nuke in a suitcase, or poison gas in the ventilation system of a stadium full of people.

These terrorists understand only one thing. Kill as many of us as they can before we kill them. Let's beat them to the punch.

Quote:

Our porous borders invite the next terrorists in. The next time it happens our society will do a 180. Next time it's a nuke in a suitcase, or poison gas in the ventilation system of a stadium full of people.

Sadly you are 100% correct. I could say more but today isn't the time.

This may not be the forum for it, but today is not the day bow heads and lay flowers. This was not a hurricane or earthquake or train derailment. This was an attack. An act of war. If you aren't pizzed off; if you don't think about defending your nation today, you don't deserve one. If you have your head up your rear thinking that your countrymen did this to you for profit, when your enemy not only admitted to attacking you, then get you are beyond help. Your enemy has been attacking you for 30 years and many don't even know it. They have been at war with the West for 700 years but many don't believe this either. Sorry for getting a bit political, but 6 years on I am still enraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back