Dunlop Treadlife Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SP Sport A2 Plus has a 50,000 mile treadlife warranty. I have 30,000 miles on my '02 Accord, & they are at 2-3/32" on all 4 tires. I understand that the warranty is purely marketing and it certainly doesn't factor into my buying decision one iota. However, where are the tires to be measured for warranty claim? There are two "channels" where the treadwear blocks are located. Can/should the 3-rib center contact patch be measured as well? I have been told that there must be three measurements, 2 outside & 1 inside for warranty submittal to Goodyear. Also the tire is no longer available in my size 205/65/15. The warranty is prorated, of course, & only applicable to another Goodyear product. I wonder what Goodyear product they will offer if we even get to that point. See why I never rely or even pay attention on the treadwear warranty?

TireRack Dunlop SP Sport A2 Plus

BTW, the tires were inexpensive when I purchased them. I liked them while I had them until they were wore down to 4-5/32 tread & they lost a lot of grip. All this is pretty much what I expected when I bought the tires, so I'm not mad at Dunlop or anything like that. Treadwear ratings are pretty much a joke, it's just good to remember that going into it.

I can't tell you exactly how they are going to do it, but generally, the tread depth is measured in the centermost grooves.

However, in order to qualify for the wear warranty, the tire has to be worn evenly across the face of the tread - so in theory, it doesn't matter where the tread is measured - it should be the same.

Quote:

I don't have a Discount Tire near me. The closest one is about 90 miles away - too far.

I think you will find 3 situations at Discount Tire

1) If you purchased their "certificate", they will replace the tire with no questions asked

2) If you didn't purchase their "certificate", but did purchase the tires from them, they will probably offer some sort of prorated adjustment, even if they tires aren't evenly worn.

3) If you didn't purchase the tires from them - well, it depends on whether they think you will become a valuable future customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back